GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='FaPaThY']Well, it's dated 03 Jan 2013, but alright then. I know it's nothing new either way.[/QUOTE]

I think the page just shows whatever today's date is. That hasn't changed a single word in that statement for a week now, even though we are fast approaching the end of "next week".

Oh, derp, I thought the updates were in descending order. This is the new part I think:

We are still working on this issue but since there are several parties involved and there have been non-working days mixed in, it is taking a little while to get everything sorted out.

Please keep in mind that this page is the only source of correct information from GamersGate as of today and we will continue to update this page with new information as soon as we are able.

We want you to know that this is our top priority and we want to resolve it as soon as possible.

So, still no new info. sigh.

[quote name='FaPaThY']Oh, derp, I thought the updates were in descending order. This is the new part I think:[/QUOTE]
It is.

Another great update that doesn't tell us anything. :roll:
They could have at least said what they're aiming for (or, even better, given us best/worst case scenarios.)

[quote name='Detruire']It is.

Another great update that doesn't tell us anything. :roll:
They could have at least said what they're aiming for (or, even better, given us best/worst case scenarios.)[/QUOTE]

Somebody on the Steam thread said they got a refund for their pack in blue coins.

Man, if I get $80 back in blue coins i'mma cut a Swedish bitch. :bomb:

[quote name='Motoki']Somebody on the Steam thread said they got a refund for their pack in blue coins.

Man, if I get $80 back in blue coins i'mma cut a Swedish bitch. :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Just don't start without the rest of us (if they try that :censored: with us.)

The posted my refund and I'm quite happy to say they didn't pay me back in Blue Coins. Still no sign of removal of keys on my end.

Btw, have any of you ever not been able to review a game before? I can't review Mount and Blade: Warband, but I can review every other game I tried. Just trying to earn enough blue coins so I can cash out of their service with minimal cost to myself.

[quote name='randomdud']The posted my refund and I'm quite happy to say they didn't pay me back in Blue Coins. Still no sign of removal of keys on my end.

Btw, have any of you ever not been able to review a game before? I can't review Mount and Blade: Warband, but I can review every other game I tried. Just trying to earn enough blue coins so I can cash out of their service with minimal cost to myself.[/QUOTE]

Review as in give it stars or review as in write a review?
The written ones require manual approval, ie a person there (probably Ashot P) has to actually eyeball it and okay it. That process can take a while.

The star ratings for most games you should be able to do instantly but once in a while they shut it off if the product is, say a pre-order, is deactivated (like the Bethesda pack) etc.

I recall they also shut it off for the 1C games for a while because people who bought that $20 pack with 800 bajillion games in it were racking up the blue coins from star rating everything.

So in most cases you should be able to do it but they may shut it off for various reasons on certain specific games.

[quote name='Motoki']Review as in give it stars or review as in write a review?
The written ones require manual approval, ie a person there (probably Ashot P) has to actually eyeball it and okay it. That process can take a while.

The star ratings for most games you should be able to do instantly but once in a while they shut it off if the product is, say a pre-order, is deactivated (like the Bethesda pack) etc.

I recall they also shut it off for the 1C games for a while because people who bought that $20 pack with 800 bajillion games in it were racking up the blue coins from star rating everything.

So in most cases you should be able to do it but they may shut it off for various reasons on certain specific games.[/QUOTE]

I clicked on the option to write a review and it said this "You can not review this game." It lets me rate the game, but not review it. I wonder why reviewing this game is locked. Seems like the last review was Mount & Blade Warband review

By bobicus880 posted 16th April 2012

Ehh, either way it's not a big deal; I was just curious tbh.

I seem to have some vague recollections that once a game there receives X # of written reviews they just shut them off after that, but I'm not sure if this right or I'm imagining I read this. :p

Severose would probably know. He knows more about Gamersgate than Ashot P.

[quote name='randomdud']I clicked on the option to write a review and it said this "You can not review this game." It lets me rate the game, but not review it. I wonder why reviewing this game is locked. Seems like the last review was Mount & Blade Warband review

By bobicus880 posted 16th April 2012

Ehh, either way it's not a big deal; I was just curious tbh.[/QUOTE]

Reviews are locked when I think there's been 500 reviews for the game and they won't be accepting any new reviews. Forgot where I saw it but I know many of the games on my 1C pack can't be reviewed because so many people have bought it and review many of the games in it.

Blue coin are the same as money, but more FUN! :lol:

simpsons_i-and-s_money.jpg

[quote name='Stonekeep']Why Blood Omen it's always missing? They could put a drm free version and that's it.[/QUOTE]

I was trying to find out if the Legacy of Kain series worked with 3D vision and came across this, a 3D (2.5D) remake is in the works of Blood Omen. From the video on the site it looks like all the characters are still sprites but the levels are polygons. I think it looks good for what they're doing ... but it also makes me wish they'd do a full-on polygon remake with light sources and shadows ... I really wish they'd bring back the series.

[quote name='Motoki']Somebody on the Steam thread said they got a refund for their pack in blue coins.

Man, if I get $80 back in blue coins i'mma cut a Swedish bitch. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I believe they have a tendency to refund you in blue coins if you submitted a support ticket without specifying exactly how you wanted to be refunded. Not sure if this also applies to the auto-forced refunds.

I quickly noticed they were refunding in BC after seeing a CAG post about it in the group-buy thread. I asked Severose, and he stated ALL of his refunds from support tickets came in blue coins (even purchases made via paypal) after not specifying how he wanted to refund to be made. If you submitted a ticket for a refund, you better make damned sure you told them how you wanted to be refunded.

[quote name='sunghost']I believe they have a tendency to refund you in blue coins if you submitted a support ticket without specifying exactly how you wanted to be refunded. Not sure if this also applies to the auto-forced refunds.

I quickly noticed they were refunding in BC after seeing a CAG post about it in the group-buy thread. I asked Severose, and he stated ALL of his refunds from support tickets came in blue coins (even purchases made via paypal) after not specifying how he wanted to refund to be made. If you submitted a ticket for a refund, you better make damned sure you told them how you wanted to be refunded.[/QUOTE]

For some reason that horrible (from a consumer standpoint), and hilarious at the same time. Logically, you would think credit (or blue coins) would be the last thing the customer wants after a bad buying experience and a company would want to minimize the damage.

Shows a lack of experience (or business sense)

[quote name='sunghost']I believe they have a tendency to refund you in blue coins if you submitted a support ticket without specifying exactly how you wanted to be refunded. Not sure if this also applies to the auto-forced refunds.

I quickly noticed they were refunding in BC after seeing a CAG post about it in the group-buy thread. I asked Severose, and he stated ALL of his refunds from support tickets came in blue coins (even purchases made via paypal) after not specifying how he wanted to refund to be made. If you submitted a ticket for a refund, you better make damned sure you told them how you wanted to be refunded.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='voken']For some reason that horrible (from a consumer standpoint), and hilarious at the same time. Logically, you would think credit (or blue coins) would be the last thing the customer wants after a bad buying experience and a company would want to minimize the damage.

Shows a lack of experience (or business sense)[/QUOTE]

Now that is a pretty crappy thing to do. All refunds should be to the original form of payment not some sort of in store credit. It's almost like they are purposely messing with people who sent in support tickets.

[quote name='PenguinJim']Holy crap! I must have missed a couple of pages of this thread - people have had their keys taken away from them?! I've just rushed over to my Steam library and mine still seem to be there, thank Christ. Is this a widespread issue? How many people apart from elessar123 were given keys and then had them revoked?!

Edit: just had a look back through the last few pages. elessar123 seems to be the only one affected at CAG so far. I literally cannot believe they're actually taking back the keys that they sent out![/QUOTE]

Lol, sorry for the alarm. I meant as a hypothetical to the question I quoted. No one knows if GG will get keys revoked, though many suspect they're trying.

I'm not affected, yet. I never got keys, because I figured their system would reserve keys once it's paid for. I was wrong to give GG the benefit of the doubt. Other than that, I bought GalCiv from Motoki. But even if I lose it, it's $2.

I just really really wish I didn't buy Gray Matter from them; I did because they sounded like they were going to go through with the Bethesda bundle, so I had intended support their business. Second mistake.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Now that is a pretty crappy thing to do. All refunds should be to the original form of payment not some sort of in store credit. It's almost like they are purposely messing with people who sent in support tickets.[/QUOTE]
"Pretty crappy"? That's putting it extremely mildly.

Some B&M stores do that. Fry's Electronics will default refund you in store credit unless you request otherwise. (Though they aren't a shining example of customer service.)

Damn good deal on that Legacy of Kain pack. If I only had the money I would be all over that cause I don't see Steam going any lower on it anytime soon.

[quote name='Lord Xoan']So guys can we expect that Gamersgate calls Valve (Steam) for revoking keys (Bethesda Pack and Borderlands 2 - 4 pack) ?[/QUOTE]

If it did happen, it would be Zenimax/Bethedsa that would contact Valve.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']If it did happen, it would be Zenimax/Bethedsa that would contact Valve.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks, I hope that it doesn't happen!

I have had games removed from my steam list before. Though it wasn't anything like this. Steam just removed games that it gave us even though it didn't accept our pay.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']If it did happen, it would be Zenimax/Bethedsa that would contact Valve.[/QUOTE]

Using my crystal ball and reading between the lines of that apology makes me think this isnt going to end well

GG dont want to piss off customers. More importantly, they dont want to piss off the publisher. GG might not pay the publisher for the keys they mispriced so the publisher will have to contact steam and invalidate the keys.

GG needs to step up and eat this, its their mistake, not the customer, not the publisher. Instead, they are hiding behind an apology that isnt an apology and refunds that are in store credit.

I have some experience with this, bethesda invalidated my retail serial for Fallout Vegas due to a Gamestop employee reporting it as a duplicate key after id registered it. (The gamestop i used to work in employees would take photos of the gutted PC game manuals and register the serials on steam before the game sold).

I had to jump through so many hoops to prove it was legit. Took 2 weeks and 3 different photos signing different code words on the manual to prove i owned it before they would give me my game back.

[quote name='Reraise']Using my crystal ball and reading between the lines of that apology makes me think this isnt going to end well

GG dont want to piss off customers. More importantly, they dont want to piss off the publisher. GG might not pay the publisher for the keys they mispriced so the publisher will have to contact steam and invalidate the keys.

GG needs to step up and eat this, its their mistake, not the customer, not the publisher. Instead, they are hiding behind an apology that isnt an apology and refunds that are in store credit.

I have some experience with this, bethesda invalidated my retail serial for Fallout Vegas due to a Gamestop employee reporting it as a duplicate key after id registered it. (The gamestop i used to work in employees would take photos of the gutted PC game manuals and register the serials on steam before the game sold).

I had to jump through so many hoops to prove it was legit. Took 2 weeks and 3 different photos signing different code words on the manual to prove i owned it before they would give me my game back.[/QUOTE]

If they do this on a mass basis though the results will not be pretty and the press may get wind and run with it. I don't think they are stupid enough to bring that hammer down upon them for Gamersgate's screw up.

Just had a Bethesda New Year's Bundle (no keys, of course) added to my shelf.

I never bought one, but...such are the times.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cheapo72']Just had a Bethesda New Year's Bundle (no keys, of course) added to my shelf.

I never bought one, but...such are the times.[/QUOTE]

What what in the butt? :whistle2:s

[quote name='cheapo72']Just had a Bethesda New Year's Bundle (no keys, of course) added to my shelf.

I never bought one, but...such are the times.[/QUOTE]

LMAO, are you sure it wasn't gifted to you?

GASP!!! I JUST GOT THE EMAIL:

Hello *******!
Now it's your last chance to pick up a ton of great deals before the End of the Year sales ends.

• 8 New Daily deals each Day
  • Bundles
  • Purchase 4, pay only for 3

Check out the offers section on GamersGate for all deals this week.

For the latest updates and news, follow us on Twitter @gamersgate, and join us on Facebook.

Game on!
GamersGate Team

So nice to see the are not slammed, to try and sell me more of the same, I know what is your game GG, I now know....

Yeah I got that too.

Well on the upside, they should have significantly less screw ups for a while because far less stuff will be on sale.

[quote name='sunghost']LMAO, are you sure it wasn't gifted to you?[/QUOTE]

No gift email, no GGate messages, nothing in my order history. Who knows? I never got refunded for Borderlands, so maybe my customer ID ended up on an incorrect list somewhere in Sweden.

Also, what's up with this thread's tags?

[quote name='cheapo72']No gift email, no GGate messages, nothing in my order history. Who knows? I never got refunded for Borderlands, so maybe my customer ID ended up on an incorrect list somewhere in Sweden.

Also, what's up with this thread's tags?[/QUOTE]

Oh stop that, I got gifted a thing called Volvo The Game and you don't see me bluffing all over the place

:lol:

[quote name='cheapo72']No gift email, no GGate messages, nothing in my order history. Who knows? I never got refunded for Borderlands, so maybe my customer ID ended up on an incorrect list somewhere in Sweden.

Also, what's up with this thread's tags?[/QUOTE]

Probably mods spotting tag abuse from people whining about the bethesda fiasco so they put those up to prevent more tags from being added.

[quote name='Motoki']If they do this on a mass basis though the results will not be pretty and the press may get wind and run with it. I don't think they are stupid enough to bring that hammer down upon them for Gamersgate's screw up.[/QUOTE]

I don't think 2K, Bethesda and Valve want such a bad amout of bad press and the shitstorm is gonna come over them if they start removing games from people's accounts.

[quote name='voken']Reviews are locked when I think there's been 500 reviews for the game and they won't be accepting any new reviews. Forgot where I saw it but I know many of the games on my 1C pack can't be reviewed because so many people have bought it and review many of the games in it.

Blue coin are the same as money, but more FUN! :lol:

simpsons_i-and-s_money.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The simpsons reference was glorious.

[quote name='soulkyo']Do you know if the Legacy of Kain series on Steam have controller support? Can't imagine playing SR1 with keyboard :S[/QUOTE]

From what I've read in the Steam forums, they don't have native support, but you can easily get the XBox controller to work with key-mapping programs.

Hey, guys, did you saw this? :

"Update 03 Jan 2013:

We are still working on this issue but since there are several parties involved and there have been non-working days mixed in, it is taking a little while to get everything sorted out.

Please keep in mind that this page is the only source of correct information from GamersGate as of today and we will continue to update this page with new information as soon as we are able.

We want you to know that this is our top priority and we want to resolve it as soon as possible."

gamersgate.com/info/holiday-sale-issue

Another useless update.

[quote name='Zbornak']From what I've read in the Steam forums, they don't have native support, but you can easily get the XBox controller to work with key-mapping programs.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I bought it anyway since this was a great discount. I have a Logitech F710 so I might use the Direct Input function for key-mapping. I might try with Xpadder. :cool:

Edit: I've just installed SR1 and as far as I can see, there's a gamepad config in the menu, so it might support it natively. Later I'll try with the gamepad, ran out of batteries lol :)

[quote name='soulkyo']Yeah, I bought it anyway since this was a great discount. I have a Logitech F710 so I might use the Direct Input function for key-mapping. I might try with Xpadder. :cool:

Edit: I've just installed SR1 and as far as I can see, there's a gamepad config in the menu, so it might support it natively. Later I'll try with the gamepad, ran out of batteries lol :)[/QUOTE]

DirectInput should work just fine. I can't speak for SR2 directly (but GTA:VC & SA, & DMC3 I can), but most games with controller support that pre-date the 360 work great with DirectInput. With Xpadder you lose the advantage of dual analog sticks. DirectInput is a great advantage of the F310/F510/F710.

My first impressions after playing Hotline Miami for an hour:

1. No Steam overlay support
2. Alt-tab half-broken
3. Annoying graphic glitches with newer AMD drivers, have to go back to catalyst 12.6 or below to fix (may only apply to certain GPUs, but it affeced mine)
4. Game is pretty difficult early in, not a game you want to play to relieve stress.
5. Wtf is alienware mode? What does enabling/disabling Steamworks do? Game is very vague with its features, doesn't explain them.

Don't understand why the game is so highly regarded, but I do admit that it's addictive despite how many deaths I've experienced so far.

Oh, and I recommend playing with mouse/keyboard. Game requires very quick response time, making it harder to play with a controller.

[quote name='soulkyo']Yeah, I bought it anyway since this was a great discount. I have a Logitech F710 so I might use the Direct Input function for key-mapping. I might try with Xpadder. :cool:

Edit: I've just installed SR1 and as far as I can see, there's a gamepad config in the menu, so it might support it natively. Later I'll try with the gamepad, ran out of batteries lol :)[/QUOTE]

Yes it does, it's a bit too sensitive tough
[quote name='Tolyngee']I am aware that Front Mission Evolved got less than stellar reviews, but is it even $4 worthy, or no?[/QUOTE]

It's one of the few modern, non strictly online, mecha games

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back