GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just Cause 2 is $7.50. I also find it funny that they have the little 'Coming Soon' sticker on all of the Bethesda games.

[quote name='Tsel']Just Cause 2 is $7.50. I also find it funny that they have the little 'Coming Soon' sticker on all of the Bethesda games.[/QUOTE]

Probably because they still have no keys, because of New Year Collection?
(Because they don't want to disappoint more customers.)

[quote name='Tsel']Just Cause 2 is $7.50. I also find it funny that they have the little 'Coming Soon' sticker on all of the Bethesda games.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but it's the same price as before.

[quote name='Stonekeep']Yeah, but it's the same price as before.[/QUOTE]

If it's already 75% off, it's not going to get any lower unless we get another price glitch. Where are you even seeing that it's a daily deal anyway? The only mention of a daily deal I can see is Arma II.

[quote name='Tsel']If it's already 75% off, it's not going to get any lower unless we get another price glitch. Where are you even seeing that it's a daily deal anyway? The only mention of a daily deal I can see is Arma II.[/QUOTE]

Before the homepage changed, it was there along with Arma 2 and 4 of the daily deals of before.

[quote name='Stonekeep']Before the homepage changed, it was there along with Arma 2 and 4 of the daily deals of before.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Like I said, if it's already 75% off, it's likely not going to get any lower than that. Couple that with the fact that there is literally no mention of anything other than Arma II being a daily deal and I don't think you're getting it any lower than $7.50 for right now. That and Arma II has a timer on its page, while Just Cause 2 does not.

[quote name='Motoki']Nobody knows yet. Probably not even Gamersgate. If they do know they sure aren't saying.

If I'm reading correctly then you bought the games off of someone else and they gifted them to you through Gamersgate?

If so you will have to wait around like the rest of us until god knows when when gamersgate figured out what the hell they are going to do. If it turns out that they refund the person who sold it to you then I really hope you bought from someone honest.

Personally, I think it was a little shady for people to be selling giftable copies of a game where the keys weren't available yet. I sold a few games where I did manage to get the keys, but no way I would sell the ones I don't have the keys for yet.[/QUOTE]

The guy was honest about it, he told me (and I was aware of) the delay with the keys before we traded. I really don't mind waiting a month or so and the deal was good because of it.

I contacted him and he said he would do something about it if I don't get my keys. Hopefully he keeps his word.

Thanks for the response, good to know where im at.

[quote name='Tsel']I wouldn't get your hopes up. Like I said, if it's already 75% off, it's likely not going to get any lower than that. Couple that with the fact that there is literally no mention of anything other than Arma II being a daily deal and I don't think you're getting it any lower than $7.50 for right now. That and Arma II has a timer on its page, while Just Cause 2 does not.[/QUOTE]I can wait, I'm fine with the New Vegas that I bought the other day.

[quote name='Lazy_Bum']Also I was wondering have they said anything about keys for Viking Battle for Asgard?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Oh Gamersgate! You give me games you already refunded me for, but yet I am still waiting for those Viking keys to get backfilled.[/QUOTE]

I just checked a few minutes ago, and I now have a key for Viking. :)

[quote name='Tsel']I wouldn't get your hopes up. Like I said, if it's already 75% off, it's likely not going to get any lower than that. Couple that with the fact that there is literally no mention of anything other than Arma II being a daily deal and I don't think you're getting it any lower than $7.50 for right now. That and Arma II has a timer on its page, while Just Cause 2 does not.[/QUOTE]
and now it's 30$ :bouncy:

http://www.gamersgate.com/info/holiday-sale-issue

Update 07 January 2013:
Dear Members,
Over the holidays we had a few problems with our site that affected some of you who bought or tried to buy the Bethesda New Year Collection and the Borderlands 2 Four-Pack.
We mistakenly advertised these packs at a price much lower than intended.
Many customers were quick to purchase the bundles at these low prices, in fact so many that our servers buckled under the pressure resulting in additional technical problems.
What does this mean for you?

• If you have managed to access at least one serial key
This means that we were able to complete your order. As difficult as it is for us, we will be honoring the price that we advertised and you will get to keep all of the games you bought – we’re currently waiting on serial keys to complete your orders and will deliver them as soon as possible.

• If you have not managed to access any of the games
This means that we were not able to complete your order, and have therefore reversed your payment. We understand the disappointment that you have experienced especially during the Holiday season and as compensation we are providing your account with a 20% discount valid on all purchases on the GamersGate site until 31 December 2013. In the few cases where discounts are not permitted, we will do our best to provide similar compensation (e.g. the equivalent amount in Blue Coins). The discount is not valid when purchasing Blue Coins.
We want to apologize for these mistakes and the amount of time it has taken to resolve everything. It is possible that there are some who may be “stuck in the middle” and we would like to direct them to our support team so we can help you individually. Please be aware that due to the above issues, our support team is under heavy pressure – we will be answering all tickets we receive, but it may take longer than usual until things calm down.
We hope that you can be pleased with the resolution of these issues, and that we can continue to deliver fantastic deals and some exciting new releases as we move forward.

That's what I get for not clicking on the Show key button :( :( :(

[quote name='Corpekata']Kinda wish I had gotten refunded on the one glitched item I had in order to get that discount honestly.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how the discount will work. My Bethesda pack got refunded (and I never received keys), but I got a key from my BL2 4 pack. Does that make me eligible for the discount? I don't seem to have any sort of discount currently.

EDIT: Nevermind, checked again and I do have the discount. Nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']So the people who complained and whined and wanted to crucify GG over a glitch now get rewarded with a 20% year long discount......

Words fail me.[/QUOTE]

There was an item for sale on their page that they did not fulfill at the stated price even though people paid for it at the price that was shown. I think in those cases it's reasonable to provide some compensation. Beyond even that, it makes business sense for them to do it. It doesn't matter if you or I or anyone else thinks it was right or wrong, if they have a good chunk of people unhappy with them it means those people may not shop there and may badmouth them to other people. Not good for their long term bottom line.

Just in general though if a store is unable to fulfill something as advertised I think it's good customer service to offer some compensation in return.

I realize this is going to create even more pissing and moaning among people who didn't get the discount but I think all things considered if they simply felt they couldn't fulfill those orders then this is the next best thing they could do.

The 20% discount will help them save some face after the terrible handling of this situation. Hopefully everyone ends up forgetting about this and GG doesn't go under.

[quote name='spoderman']I wonder how the discount will work. My Bethesda pack got refunded (and I never received keys), but I got a key from my BL2 4 pack. Does that make me eligible for the discount? I don't seem to have any sort of discount currently.[/QUOTE]

I'm in a similar position, except it was the BL2 4-Pack that I didn't get any keys for. I just checked and the discount is showing for me. So I guess as long as you got refunded for one of the orders, you'll get the discount.

I wonder how this works for the lucky few who got keys and a refund.

What about the Stardock collection? I was able to access my keys for that, and would rather have that collection restored at the sale price ($25) than a 20% discount for the rest of the year. I wonder if it's worth putting in a support ticket regarding that?

Speaking of, where do you find out if you have the discount?

[quote name='Stonekeep']20% on all purchases until the end of the year?
wtf.[/QUOTE]

It's not like there wasn't a long period of time when a lot of people were getting 15% IGN discounts, during some of that time which it stacked with an additional 5% discount.

[quote name='INCyr']What about the Stardock collection? I was able to access my keys for that, and would rather have that collection restored at the sale price ($25) than a 20% discount for the rest of the year. I wonder if it's worth putting in a support ticket regarding that?
Speaking of, where do you find out if you have the discount?[/QUOTE]

I supsect it may be a while before they go through and attach that discount to every account affected. It also wouldn't shock me if they miss some and it has to be manually added through support. They even hinted at that scenario in the statement.

As far as Stardock/D&D/Viking/Alan Wake/C&C/Renegade Ops/everything-that-was-a-price-mistake-that-wasn't-Bethesda-or-BL2, reading between the lines since they weren't even mentioned, and since the Viking people got their keys today I think those are completely safe and not on the chopping block, nor will you likely get a discount based on those. The main concern they have seems to be with Bethesda and BL2.

[quote name='INCyr']Speaking of, where do you find out if you have the discount?[/QUOTE]

Easiest way is probably to just add something to your cart and see if a discount has been applied. That's what I did.

[quote name='The End']
I wonder how this works for the lucky few who got keys and a refund.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like free games, they're so lucky:bouncy:

How long until December 31st doesn't actually mean December 31st?

I'm torn. On the one hand, I'll get my keys, but on the other, I know they'll have more pricing errors in the future and 20% off is pretty solid. Maybe since I had a pack removed as well as a pack fulfilled I'll get both.

Edit: Looks like I get both. GamersGate, you're so incompetent that I can't stay mad at you.

I just received this email, which adds to the recent discussion. It's actually the first email of any type I've gotten from Gamersgate since I ordered the Bethesda collection.

Dear ,

Over the holidays we had a few problems with our site that affected you and your purchase of the Bethesda New Year Collection or the Borderlands 2 Four-Pack. We mistakenly advertised these packs at a price much lower than intended.

As difficult as it is for us, we will be honoring the price that we advertised – we´re currently waiting on serial keys to complete your order and will deliver them as soon as possible.

We want to apologize for our mistakes and the amount of time it has taken to resolve everything. Please be aware that due to these issues, our support team is under heavy pressure – we will be answering all tickets we receive, but it may take longer than usual until things calm down.

We hope that you can be pleased that this issue has been resolved, and that we can continue to deliver fantastic deals and some exciting new releases as we move forward.

Best regards,
GamersGate Team

[quote name='plft']I just received this email, which adds to the recent discussion. it's actually the first email of any type I've gotten from Gamersgate since I ordered the Bethesda collection.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I just got the same email.

[quote name='Motoki']I supsect it may be a while before they go through and attach that discount to every account affected. It also wouldn't shock me if they miss some and it has to be manually added through support. They even hinted at that scenario in the statement.

As far as Stardock/D&D/Viking/Alan Wake/C&C/Renegade Ops/everything-that-was-a-price-mistake-that-wasn't-Bethesda-or-BL2, reading between the lines since they weren't even mentioned, and since the Viking people got their keys today I think those are completely safe and not on the chopping block, nor will you likely get a discount based on those. The main concern they have seems to be with Bethesda and BL2.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it looks like I have the discount, so there's that. Sadly my Stardock order was part of my Bethesda order (trying to buy 4 for 3) so when they pulled/canceled my Bethesda order, they pulled the Stardock packs as well. I managed to trade a few codes from them, but hadn't applied any to my own account (that'll teach me) because... well, I don't know why. I just didn't get around to it. Stupid of me, I know. Anyway, the Stardock packs are gone from my account now, and since I got a refund, I doubt I'll be seeing them replaced.

I ended up picking up GalCiv from another CAGer, but it would have been nice to have picked up the Fallen Enchantress key as well. *sigh*

Finally!

On one had I'm glad that I won't be losing any of the games that I received... but on the other, I'm disappointed that I didn't get the discount and don't know anyone that did.

I've just received this message on GamersGate:
Dear Gabriel,

Over the holidays we had a few problems with our site that affected you and your purchase of the Bethesda New Year Collection or the Borderlands 2 Four-Pack. We mistakenly advertised these packs at a price much lower than intended.

As difficult as it is for us, we will be honoring the price that we advertised – we´re currently waiting on serial keys to complete your order and will deliver them as soon as possible.

We want to apologize for our mistakes and the amount of time it has taken to resolve everything. Please be aware that due to these issues, our support team is under heavy pressure – we will be answering all tickets we receive, but it may take longer than usual until things calm down.

We hope that you can be pleased that this issue has been resolved, and that we can continue to deliver fantastic deals and some exciting new releases as we move forward.

Best regards,
GamersGate Team

Anybody else received it too?

[quote name='Genocidal']How long until December 31st doesn't actually mean December 31st?

I'm torn. On the one hand, I'll get my keys, but on the other, I know they'll have more pricing errors in the future and 20% off is pretty solid. Maybe since I had a pack removed as well as a pack fulfilled I'll get both.

Edit: Looks like I get both. GamersGate, you're so incompetent that I can't stay mad at you.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you. 1 pack redeemed and one canceled and I got the discount as well.

I'm perfectly fine with their resolution. I didn't receive discount, but with keys from another Beth pack I should be able to make $50+ profit by selling them far away from CAG forums. It's definitely more than the savings I would get from aditional -20% of game/dlc price, because I doubt I will be getting anything which costs more than $5 after another discount in the foreseeable future.

[quote name='Syntax Error']20% compensation works with blue coins.

I might plotz.[/QUOTE]

Heh, you're right. It's not supposed to apply, but it does.

I might plotz.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The End']Heh, you're right. It's not supposed to apply, but it does.[/QUOTE]
It means that you can get effective 64% of price by stocking up blue coins now and buying with them later. That's a big deal.

Ugh, why would GG refund me just to turn around and honor the glitch? They lost even more fucking money unless they renege on their refund... Whatever, at least the voodoo they did hasn't seen fit to give me a 20% discount, which I have no idea if that is the correct result anymore.

[quote name='poxi']It means that you can get effective 64% of price by stocking up blue coins now and buying with them later. That's a big deal.[/QUOTE]

This is the best hope I have of getting a discount on Earth Defense Force: IA. Bought.

[quote name='seamoss']Hmm, I guess greed does pay after all - I'll have to remember that for next time...[/QUOTE]

That's how America works, after all.

BL2 packs and the rest of the Bethesda pack :applause: that 20% discount tho... I'll still take the packs anyday.

I might plotz.[/QUOTE]

I thought it didn't apply to blue coins?

I got 9 keys and a refund, and still have the other games on my account to be claimed. Now that they are going to honor the final keys I'm worried they will charge me the $30 again.
I'm afraid if I emailed to ask them for clarification that would only prompt them to do so.. hmm..

Of course, it would still be a great deal.

It looks like it will work on coins, but if you look at the checkout page I think it also reduces the amount of coins you get back, so it doesnt really matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back