GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question now, do you stock up on Blue Coins, knowing their prices are usually not the best, and hope that with an effective 36% discount they become the best, while risking getting the plug pulled on the 20% discount early?
[quote name='ezelkow1']It looks like it will work on coins, but if you look at the checkout page I think it also reduces the amount of coins you get back, so it doesnt really matter[/QUOTE]
You don't get coins back on purchase of coins, and even if you did it would be a much smaller percentage.

Does anyone have a link to the 20% announcement? I got the email saying I'd get keys but nothing about the discount.

They originally removed both my Bethesda packs and said they'd refund me. No refund was applied to my card so I contested the charge.

Then, a few days ago, one Beth pack returned (no working serials, of course). The other is still missing.

The bank sent a letter stating that they had investigated, reversed the charge, refunded my money and were considering the matter closed.

Now I have one Bethesda Pack (to get keys), a 20% discount and paid zero dollars. Go go, GamersGate!

Damn.... so I guess I get screwed because after my order successfully went through, I called it a night and went to sleep since the site was so hammered. Oh well, can't complain too much, considering....

On a related note, anybody want to sell me a Steam key for Dishonored for $10? ;)

[quote name='Genocidal']The question now, do you stock up on Blue Coins, knowing their prices are usually not the best, and hope that with an effective 36% discount they become the best, while risking getting the plug pulled on the 20% discount early?

You don't get coins back on purchase of coins, and even if you did it would be a much smaller percentage.[/QUOTE]

I mean if you purchase 25k worth of coins, when you checkout it says you are paying 20$ and getting back 20k coins. So you get a 20% discount but you arent getting an extra 5k coins for free

[quote name='Genocidal']The question now, do you stock up on Blue Coins[/QUOTE]
I bought some coins. Their prices usually aren't great but their sale prices plus the 5%+5% from the ElderGeek/BC thing tipped a few over the edge. I expect that 20%+20% will allow me to find enough satisfying deals to make the buy worth it.

[quote name='ezelkow1']I mean if you purchase 25k worth of coins, when you checkout it says you are paying 20$ and getting back 20k coins. So you get a 20% discount but you arent getting an extra 5k coins for free[/QUOTE]
They fixed it now. A few minutes ago it was the whole coins for the 20% discount.

[quote name='pROvIs']So on another note anyone have any cheap bl2 copies or want to trade for an item in the Beth pack?[/QUOTE]

I'll be trading a copy of BL2 for a BL2 SP. If anyone is interested PM me.

& This is too much math...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CygnusYYZ']They fixed it now. A few minutes ago it was the whole coins for the 20% discount.[/QUOTE]
Glad I got in on that one then while it was open.

To be honest given a choice I would probably pick the discount but I'm still pretty glad I'll get the keys, especially since I actually bought the pack to get the games and not to resell them.

Gamersgate = fail at customer service. Giving a yearlong 20% discount to those customers that you had to refund money to is a good way to piss of those paying customers who bought things at full price and get nothing. For a whole year.

Which means I probably won't be buying anything from Gamersgate this year.

/rant

[quote name='jshackles']Gamersgate = fail at customer service. Giving a yearlong 20% discount to those customers that you had to refund money to is a good way to piss of those paying customers who bought things at full price and get nothing. For a whole year.

/rant[/QUOTE]

Until there's another price glitch then everybody who says they're done with Gamersgate will be back... :rofl:

[quote name='jshackles']Gamersgate = fail at customer service. Giving a yearlong 20% discount to those customers that you had to refund money to is a good way to piss of those paying customers who bought things at full price and get nothing. For a whole year.

/rant[/QUOTE]

I fell the same, I though that it was a 20% discount until the end of the month. A whole year knowing that there is 20% discount will get me buying almost nothing, everything that exceed 5$ (except for the 1c bundle) will be a nono for me. fuck

[quote name='Syntax Error']Glad I got in on that one then while it was open.[/QUOTE]

Actually looks like it does still work. Im just retarded

So grabbed C&C ultimate collection for 16$

/rant[/QUOTE]
While I don't feel quite as strongly about it, I do agree somewhat. I'll be less likely to take up deals which I'm on the edge about unless I can get someone with the discount to buy the game/s for me. Knowing that I'm not paying the lowest price available at the time is quite dissuading to me.

Just purchased 65,000 blue coins for $52.00. Pretty much 20% off everything I buy off them in a year + another 20%off the purchase, thank you =)

[quote name='jshackles']Gamersgate = fail at customer service. Giving a yearlong 20% discount to those customers that you had to refund money to is a good way to piss of those paying customers who bought things at full price and get nothing. For a whole year.[/QUOTE]

Just get someone with a discount buy it. Win-win.

My main concern was them revoking keys. Glad that's clarified.

But what stinks about this is the people who bought the pack, didn't get keys, and waited in limbo while the holiday sales everywhere else have now disappeared.

Due to the above, what I would have liked to have seen was GG offer at least one game from the packs that you missed out on for the lowest holiday sale price of a competitor that you missed out on.

Example: Dishonored. It's $60 on GG. 20% off is $48. I'm almost positive it was quite a bit less than $48 at some point somewhere.

Or Borderlands 2, $60GG. So, it's $48 for the people who missed out to now buy it? Wasn't it $21 at GMG or somewhere? Or at least PM Amazon's $30 right now, 20% off of that is $24, at least.

Otherwise, you'll only make up that difference if you buy a good amt of games at GG.

[quote name='elessar123']Just get someone with a discount buy it. Win-win.[/QUOTE]

That's opening up a whole new can of worms for individuals who buy keys to sell them on forums.

[quote name='elessar123']Just get someone with a discount buy it. Win-win.[/QUOTE]
That only works if you're friends with such a person. :whistle2:(

True - which again reiterates that it's a terrible way to handle things on Gamersgate's part. Since the customers that normally pay you full price will be funneling their purchases through people with discounts, it's only going to take a couple of days (maybe weeks) before they come back and say "Sorry it was a typo, we didn't mean December 31 we meant January 31".

Lose-lose.

/rant[/QUOTE]
Hell even not at full price but anyone who bought anything from GG in the last year. I bought some sale items, no trouble at all but it's annoying to know someone gets a 20% discount because GG fucked up and I get nothing. I mean yeah I know they should compensate the people some way but 20% off for a whole year, jesus.

[quote name='stupidproz1']Just purchased 65,000 blue coins for $52.00. Pretty much 20% off everything I buy off them in a year + another 20%off the purchase, thank you =)[/QUOTE]

Holy schlamoly... I've always liked GG, they are like the "mom and pop shop" of digital download stores, but if they don't get their shit together soon, there won't even be a store to spend all those BlueCoins.

[quote name='jshackles']True - which again reiterates that it's a terrible way to handle things on Gamersgate's part. Since the customers that normally pay you full price will be funneling their purchases through people with discounts, it's only going to take a couple of days (maybe weeks) before they come back and say "Sorry it was a typo, we didn't mean December 31 we meant January 31".

Lose-lose.[/QUOTE]

More like December 31, 2012. Due to the error, they'll be refunding blue con purchases.

Except you don't get the blue coin rewards.

[quote name='Detruire']That only works if you're friends with such a person. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

There are plenty of people here that have it. I should, but I haven't checked.

[quote name='elessar123']There are plenty of people here that have it. I should, but I haven't checked.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but you can't keep asking someone to get you X game every time. The whole site is broken now, they will lose a lot of customers with this decision.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Wow... so glad I gifted the Beth pack to myself. I got a refund, got the keys, and got the 20% year discount.[/QUOTE]

I gifted the keys to my email but they never appeared in any way in form on confirmation or anything. Did you make your purchase early?

Anyone with the discount willing to purchase two copies of SimCity for myself and a friend of mine, at cost? You can keep the blue coins of course.

Its an awesome bonus for those who have it. I think they would of been better off doing 50 percent off any regular priced it excluding packs. It still would have been nice but wouldnt upset so many others. I'm happy for those that got it. I just wish I had as well

Did the people who gifted it to themselves and got the discount and games redeem the keys at the time? Or just knowing you will eventually.

It occurs to me I actually did gift it to myself (mistakenly purchased as gift), and I don't have a discount. Which is perfectly fine obviously, just curious.

Ok Guys, give me an advice.
I gifted the pack to myself, they refund me my money, BUT I activated all of the keys exept for FO and Rage.
Is anyone in the same boat as me? should I write to support just in case?

[quote name='Stonekeep']Yeah but you can't keep asking someone to get you X game every time. The whole site is broken now, they will lose a lot of customers with this decision.[/QUOTE]
What would have been an acceptable resolution to you?
[quote name='espy605']Anyone with the discount willing to purchase two copies of SimCity for myself and a friend of mine, at cost? You can keep the blue coins of course.[/QUOTE]
A heads up if you weren't aware, GamersGate limits purchasers to two copies of an item ever, so you might have better luck finding two different people willing to sell one extra.

Keys to everyone who bought the bundle and that's it. The will lose customers and a lot of money with this discount .
[quote name='Genocidal']A heads up if you weren't aware, GamersGate limits purchasers to two copies of an item ever, so you might have better luck finding two different people willing to sell one extra.
[/QUOTE]Even worse...

[quote name='Genocidal']What would have been an acceptable resolution to you?
[/QUOTE]

As someone who runs an online business, I'll say this. A 20% discount (assuming people can't double up on blue coins) is pretty hefty for the market they're selling in. Giving a segment of your customers a year-long 20% discount simply doesn't make sense. It also, inversely, affects customers without the 20% discount. Gamersgate will want to be more cautious about putting something on sale, as their margin has to be AT LEAST 20% or they're going to start losing money. So my guess is that either the discount will go away sooner than that, or we won't be seeing too many good deals on GamersGate this year.

The acceptable resolution to make people who were upset about having their bundle purchases refunded would have been to a one-time 20% discount or bonus blue coins (store credit). 20% off for a year is insanity.

If I received the email (and they did say my name) will I get the keys for sure? I'm currently on a paypal claim for the refund of my money. But, if I will receive the keys in the end I think I better cancel the claim. What do you think?

[quote name='jshackles']As someone who runs an online business, I'll say this. A 20% discount (assuming people can't double up on blue coins) is pretty hefty for the market they're selling in. Giving a segment of your customers a year-long 20% discount simply doesn't make sense. It also, inversely, affects customers without the 20% discount. Gamersgate will want to be more cautious about putting something on sale, as their margin has to be AT LEAST 20% or they're going to start losing money. So my guess is that either the discount will go away sooner than that, or we won't be seeing too many good deals on GamersGate this year.

The acceptable resolution to make people who were upset about having their bundle purchases refunded would have been to a one-time 20% discount or bonus blue coins (store credit). 20% off for a year is insanity.[/QUOTE]

They should go with a whole month of discount...

[quote name='Stonekeep']Even worse...[/QUOTE]
This has been their policy since before this ordeal. GreenManGaming only allows one per account. There's plenty to be upset with GG about, no need to be faux-outraged about things that aren't even bad policies.

[quote name='jshackles']As someone who runs an online business, I'll say this. A 20% discount (assuming people can't double up on blue coins) is pretty hefty for the market they're selling in. Giving a segment of your customers a year-long 20% discount simply doesn't make sense. It also, inversely, affects customers without the 20% discount. Gamersgate will want to be more cautious about putting something on sale, as their margin has to be AT LEAST 20% or they're going to start losing money. So my guess is that either the discount will go away sooner than that, or we won't be seeing too many good deals on GamersGate this year.

The acceptable resolution to make people who were upset about having their bundle purchases refunded would have been to a one-time 20% discount or bonus blue coins. 20% off for a year is insanity.[/QUOTE]
Yea, I pretty much agree that 20% off for a year is crazy and that they would've been better served to do a one-time discount (though probably larger than 20%) or a flat credit in blue coins to everyone affected. I'll be extremely surprised if this makes it through to the end of the year unchanged. I wonder how many people tried to get in on this bundle and received the discount?

[quote name='Genocidal']A heads up if you weren't aware, GamersGate limits purchasers to two copies of an item ever, so you might have better luck finding two different people willing to sell one extra.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware, but that would work too if anyone wants to sell me one. PM me if interested,if not, sorry for clogging up the thread.

[quote name='Genocidal']This has been their policy since before this ordeal. GreenManGaming only allows one per account. There's plenty to be upset with GG about, no need to be faux-outraged about things that aren't even bad policies.
[/QUOTE]
I was talking about my previous post:
Yeah but you can't keep asking someone to get you X game every time. The whole site is broken now, they will lose a lot of customers with this decision.
It's even worse now.

Just a heads up... I got the rest of my Borderlands 2 Steam Keys. I ordered the 4 Pack for me and my bro and two of my friends. I got the last two keys 2 min ago...

[quote name='b49adam']Just a heads up... I got the rest of my Borderlands 2 Steam Keys. I ordered the 4 Pack for me and my bro and two of my friends. I got the last two keys 2 min ago...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Mine filled in as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back