GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Neuro5i5']All this talk recently of Sacred 2 makes it sound like something I should be interested in.[/QUOTE]

Do you like open-world ARPG's (like Diablo series and Torchlight series)?
That's the question to ask yourself.

Sacred 1: Gold + Sacred 2: Gold are pretty good ARPG's, if you ask me.

[quote name='MysterD']Do you like open-world ARPG's (like Diablo series and Torchlight series)?
That's the question to ask yourself.

Sacred 1: Gold + Sacred 2: Gold are pretty good ARPG's, if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

I guess you can call me a late bloomer to the RPG genre in general, but much like braunschweiger I have definitely grown a taste for it as I have aged; especially ARPGs. I just watched a few vids of this and well...it's now added to my wishlist. Thanks for the recommends.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']I guess you can call me a late bloomer to the RPG genre in general, but much like braunschweiger I have definitely grown a taste for it as I have aged; especially ARPGs. I just watched a few vids of this and well...it's now added to my wishlist. Thanks for the recommends.[/QUOTE]

Do you own or have you played Sacred Gold? It was in IndieGala 8 and copies should be floating around for cheap to hold you over.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']That's better. ;)[/QUOTE]

lol. like what you did there.

Glad you guys appreciate my thread titles. Though apparently someone wasn't a fan of my passive aggressive OP linking to all the other digital distributor deal threads, seeing as it was reverted to an old edit...

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Do you own or have you played Sacred Gold? It was in IndieGala 8 and copies should be floating around for cheap to hold you over.

[/QUOTE]

Nope. I actually wasn't even aware of "bundles" until last November, so I appreciate the heads up. I'll see what I can dig up...

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']Glad you guys appreciate my thread titles. Though apparently someone wasn't a fan of my passive aggressive OP linking to all the other digital distributor deal threads, seeing as it was reverted to an old edit...[/QUOTE]

I wonder if it was the mods when they came in and did the tagblock?

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Nope. I actually wasn't even aware of "bundles" until last November, so I appreciate the heads up. I'll see what I can dig up...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, IG8 sold for less than $2 for the entire bundle, so I wouldn't pay more than maybe $1 for Sacred Gold by itself personally. Hopefully you find someone reasonable that will hook you up.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Nope. I actually wasn't even aware of "bundles" until last November, so I appreciate the heads up. I'll see what I can dig up...[/QUOTE]

The only thing about the Sacred games (Sacred 1 + 2)...
...is they can be a royal pain-in-the-butt to get properly running on PC's.

Those games are known for technical issues (performance issues; CTD's; freezes; etc); bugs; and even broken quests.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Do you own or have you played Sacred Gold? It was in IndieGala 8 and copies should be floating around for cheap to hold you over. [/QUOTE]

IIRC Sacred Gold has been in the Indie Gala store for $1 a couple times as well.

[quote name='asheskitty']IIRC Sacred Gold has been in the Indie Gala store for $1 a couple times as well.[/QUOTE]

Good to know! So $1 would be the max price to pay.

Today's deal is Stalker Clear Sky - $2.49 (DRM Free).

Not a bad price for DRM Free.

[quote name='asheskitty']IIRC Sacred Gold has been in the Indie Gala store for $1 a couple times as well.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Good to know! So $1 would be the max price to pay.[/QUOTE]

Thanks all. I picked up Sacred Gold for $1 from the Steam B/S/T thread. Even knowing it was bundled I feel a little too cheap asking for

Finally I was refunded with REAL MONEY, but no discount yet... GamersGate!!! Why??
Btw, are the sales this poor on GamersGate at the beginning of the year?

Sales at GamersGate are often poor in general. Which was the whole thing during the IGN fiasco -- without the 15% boost (or pricing error), it was very rare that GG had a price worth being interested in anyway.

The 15% helped and even the 5%+5% thing sometimes pushed it over the line but the base prices and discounts usually aren't anything to get excited about.

[quote name='soulkyo']Finally I was refunded with REAL MONEY, but no discount yet... GamersGate!!! Why??
Btw, are the sales this poor on GamersGate at the beginning of the year?[/QUOTE]

They're out of money, STALKER may be a good sale. But without the discount it's the same price of the winter sale.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Sales at GamersGate are often poor in general. Which was the whole thing during the IGN fiasco -- without the 15% boost (or pricing error), it was very rare that GG had a price worth being interested in anyway.

The 15% helped and even the 5%+5% thing sometimes pushed it over the line but the base prices and discounts usually aren't anything to get excited about.[/QUOTE]

This. Their dailies and midweeks and weeklies tend to range from typical (basically repeats of sales you've seen elsewhere) to underwhelming. There's always the occasional exception, but usually it's the combination of a discount that puts them over the edge - that or the games you can only buy on GG going on sale.

The recent Chivalry sale was $7.50 after 20% so again it was the discount that put the four pack over the edge into good sale territory.

Well, it IS the middle of January..Maybe they are holding out in hopes people will ask for refund instead. wouldn't surprise me. Trying to prey on impatience

[quote name='lwhitit']I think GG is enjoying the extra traffic to the site everyday when we all check for the serials.[/QUOTE]
"Stalker: Clear Sky sales have never been better!"

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox'] Interested in what this new project is.[/QUOTE]
Anti-Void. Instead of playing games for free, you pay them but never get to play your game. HEY-OH!

It was an interesting idea but, aside from relatively one or two bright stars (in comparison), the game selection looked like the $3 software rack at Office Depot. I know anyone I told about it came back and laughed at me.

[quote name='spoderman']So uh.. I'm not sure if you guys care but.. VOID is dead.

http://www.gamersgate.com/void[/QUOTE]

I asked them about this before the weekend. They still had the Void pages up, but it wasn't working for me -- the catalogue was empty. Then on Monday, they replied with: "As you probably already know Void is no longer available.". And the page had changed to what it is now. I'm like, no I didn't already know!

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Thanks all. I picked up Sacred Gold for $1 from the Steam B/S/T thread. Even knowing it was bundled I feel a little too cheap asking for

Update 16 January 2013:

Hi everyone, we know there are lots of you still waiting for serial keys and we want to post an update letting you know that we're still working hard on getting this situation completely fixed. We are still waiting on serial keys from the publisher. As soon as we have keys available we will send them out.

Please keep an eye on this page or direct your questions to our support team. We cannot guarantee that information spread on forums and other sites is correct.

If you have sent a support ticket, please wait for a response - sending additional tickets causes you to be placed at the end of the queue and will make the response time longer.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

http://www.gamersgate.com/info/holiday-sale-issue

Hm. Wonder how much truth there is in that. I'm sure Beth is not pleased they have to give out all these keys at the price they were sold. Probably told the people generating the keys to take their time lol.

[quote name='MrBonk']Hm. Wonder how much truth there is in that. I'm sure Beth is not pleased they have to give out all these keys at the price they were sold. Probably told the people generating the keys to take their time lol.[/QUOTE]

It also seems like every couple of days there's another small wave of folks claiming they (GG) re$$$$ed and forced a refund. I haven't seen anyone say they've been remedied with keys yet. Maybe they're hoping more folks get antsy and request refunds and then they reevaluate their "plan"

Keeping folks waiting for going on a month is a bit much:whistle2:#

Didn't see this posted here:
5% off coupon code: "elder-geek.com"
Those unlucky/lucky (however you deem it) 20% off holders may wish to see if it stacks.

[quote name='2wicked']Didn't see this posted here:
Those unlucky/lucky (however you deem it) 20% off holders may wish to see if it stacks.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't stack. You don't get an option to enter a discount code unless you remove the 20% discount.

[quote name='2wicked']Didn't see this posted here:
Those unlucky/lucky (however you deem it) 20% off holders may wish to see if it stacks.[/QUOTE]

I can't even find a place to put in a code as long as the 20% discount is there, so I guess it's designed not to allow stacking.

I saw that Gamersgate added Dominions 3 recently. Does anyone have any experience with it? I'm going to wait for a sale (it's $30 now), but I've been looking to pick it up and physical copies go for $50+ if you can even find them.

[quote name='MrBonk']I'm sure Beth is not pleased they have to give out all these keys at the price they were sold.[/QUOTE]
I would assume Bethesda doesn't care because they probably have an agreement to be paid X dollars per key, not Y% of X dollars.

I wouldn't be surprised if GamersGate told Bethesda something like "We can't afford to pay a lump sum for the keys right now but we'll work with our bank and get you payment in January" and they'll get the keys then.
[quote name='spoderman']Doesn't stack. You don't get an option to enter a discount code unless you remove the 20% discount.[/QUOTE]
They also have a no field when buying blue coins, with a note saying you can not use discounts or coupon codes on coins. Which is sort of understandable but at the same time sort of lame since I'm tying my money up with GamersGate and even a 5% discount gave me some incentive to do so. I'm not saying they should allow 20% discounts, etc but a small incentive would be reasonable.

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']I can't even find a place to put in a code as long as the 20% discount is there, so I guess it's designed not to allow stacking.

I saw that Gamersgate added Dominions 3 recently. Does anyone have any experience with it? I'm going to wait for a sale (it's $30 now), but I've been looking to pick it up and physical copies go for $50+ if you can even find them.[/QUOTE]

What is that game? Is it new? I saw it on there, but it looked pretty dated in the graphics.

I also was unable to add any code if you have the 20% off. You maybe be able to remove it and then ad the 5% but no one would want to do that.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I would assume Bethesda doesn't care because they probably have an agreement to be paid X dollars per key, not Y% of X dollars.

I wouldn't be surprised if GamersGate told Bethesda something like "We can't afford to pay a lump sum for the keys right now but we'll work with our bank and get you payment in January" and they'll get the keys then.

They also have a no field when buying blue coins, with a note saying you can not use discounts or coupon codes on coins. Which is sort of understandable but at the same time sort of lame since I'm tying my money up with GamersGate and even a 5% discount gave me some incentive to do so. I'm not saying they should allow 20% discounts, etc but a small incentive would be reasonable.[/QUOTE]

I think that is the more likely scenario for GG, just delaying to pay for the key since Bethesda won't be losing any money for a GG mistake. Deceptive for them to say they are "waiting" for the keys from Bethesda because I'm sure they could get the keys ASAP if they wanted them.

I liked the 5% stacking discount on GG and even got in on some 20% off BC, but it looks like the money train is over. Even stores that offer no discount on GC usually offer some incentive from time time. Maybe they will do a limited buy X blue coins get Y extra for free or something.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I would assume Bethesda doesn't care because they probably have an agreement to be paid X dollars per key, not Y% of X dollars.[/QUOTE]

I think Bethesda very much cares. Gamersgate was likely authorized to sell those keys at a certain price, and not below that price.

It strikes me that one aspect of digital game distribution that is different is that producers have a lot more say on what retailers can and can't do, including and especially in terms of pricing.

[quote name='gilby']I think Bethesda very much cares. Gamersgate was likely authorized to sell those keys at a certain price, and not below that price.[/QUOTE]
Well, provided they get paid the agreed upon price per key and the loss comes out of GG's pocket, I'd guess they care a lot less than they would otherwise. It was an obvious error and not GG saying "Haha! We'll sell them for whatever we want, suckers!" and Bethesda getting their agreed upon cash is what matters most at the end of the day.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']What is that game? Is it new? I saw it on there, but it looked pretty dated in the graphics.

[/QUOTE]

No, it's from 2006. It's a hard-core fantasy turn-based strategy game where you play an aspiring god who commands heroes and armies. The graphics were dated even then, but it was compared to Master of Magic (which was one of my favorite games ever) and I figured it was worth a look.

Here's a review.

Is BF3 worth playing for the single player? I won't put any time into it to get good at mad pwning 13 year olds but I enjoyed the game play in Bad Company 2 (also by DICE) so thought I'd ask. Between the 20% and my BCs bought at 20% off, it'd be like $6.40

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I liked the 5% stacking discount on GG and even got in on some 20% off BC, but it looks like the money train is over. Even stores that offer no discount on GC usually offer some incentive from time time. Maybe they will do a limited buy X blue coins get Y extra for free or something.[/QUOTE]
What they should do is give you a BC reward based on your "level" the same way they do with the affiliate bonuses. So 2%, 2.5%, 3%, 5% and finally 10%. It takes so much money to hit 10% that I'd say you've earned a potential 10% discount. This would reward loyalty and incentivize buying from GamersGate ("Only $30 more to hit the next tier!") and get more people to tie up their funds in blue coins. Right now there's no reason to care what tier you're on since the only benefit is through you posting personal affiliate links which is frowned upon on most forums anyway.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Is BF3 worth playing for the single player? I won't put any time into it to get good at mad pwning 13 year olds but I enjoyed the game play in Bad Company 2 (also by DICE) so thought I'd ask. Between the 20% and my BCs bought at 20% off, it'd be like $6.40

What they should do is give you a BC reward based on your "level" the same way they do with the affiliate bonuses. So 2%, 2.5%, 3%, 5% and finally 10%. It takes so much money to hit 10% that I'd say you've earned a potential 10% discount. This would reward loyalty and incentivize buying from GamersGate ("Only $30 more to hit the next tier!") and get more people to tie up their funds in blue coins. Right now there's no reason to care what tier you're on since the only benefit is through you posting personal affiliate links which is frowned upon on most forums anyway.[/QUOTE]

Are you the one that posted it on Facebook? Actually it's a good idea, I'm on level 2 but I think that higher levels deserve better discounts. I'm currently waiting for my 20% discount that I didn't receive when I got my refund :cry:

[quote name='Syntax Error']Is BF3 worth playing for the single player? I won't put any time into it to get good at mad pwning 13 year olds but I enjoyed the game play in Bad Company 2 (also by DICE) so thought I'd ask. Between the 20% and my BCs bought at 20% off, it'd be like $6.40
[/QUOTE]

For the SP, I'd say no. I had a MUCH more enjoyable time playing Spec Ops SP campaign. This is another instance where SP and MP seem to be split personalities. MP is great though, but that is coming from a 360 experience; I have yet to try out PC MP and likely won't (no PC playing friends). And unless you have friends with the vanilla only version, this is another one of those almost-must-have all DLC type games IMO as the vanilla MP servers get less and less populated as more and more DLC gets released.

Yeah, I'll probably skip it then. I already played Spec Ops, etc but thought my single-player experience with BC2 might mean this was worth giving it a run through. The only time I do multi-player online shooters is when I get a hankerin' for some TF2.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']For the SP, I'd say no. I had a MUCH more enjoyable time playing Spec Ops SP campaign. This is another instance where SP and MP seem to be split personalities. MP is great though, but that is coming from a 360 experience; I have yet to try out PC MP and likely won't (no PC playing friends). And unless you have friends with the vanilla only version, this is another one of those almost-must-have all DLC type games IMO as the vanilla MP servers get less and less populated as more and more DLC gets released.[/QUOTE]

Is the SP too short? I played a few of the first SP missions solo on PS3 and actually enjoyed them. Also played the first two missions in co-op mode and enjoyed those too.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Is the SP too short? I played a few of the first SP missions solo on PS3 and actually enjoyed them. Also played the first two missions in co-op mode and enjoyed those too.[/QUOTE]

Too short...not for a MP-centric shooter in today's day and age. My gripes were with the overall gameplay SP vs MP/Co-op. The variety that the MP lends you with weapon loadouts, perks, vehicles is virtually non-existent in the SP campaign. I'm not saying that SP is bad per se, but in comparison to BF3 MP and other shooter SP campaigns it is certainly lacking. The co-op was fun, however, as it seemed to straddle/compine the SP action and progress as well as the MP variety in personal playstyle.

Personally I liked the SP but it is quite different compared to MP. Be aware there are a few QTEs in the game. There is enough variation in the game where you aren't just infantry. Spotting in a jet was fun where you are trying not to be hit by missiles but you are not truly piloting compared to MP. The game looks very good due to the frostbite 2 engine and seeing the buidling destruction from bullet fire/explosive weapons is a treat to see. I finished the SP pretty much the first release night. The game is average length for a shooter.

This is coming from someone who has almost 600 hours in BF3. Co-op is pretty short but a lot of fun especially if you have mics. The 2nd co-op mission is probably the best where you are the pilot or the gunner in a chopper. It is great fun but very frustrating at first as you get used to trying not to crash. Feel free to add me (Daykain) if you need a co-op partner but be aware I pretty much only play late at night (on mountain time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back