GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Motoki']Is that the same thing as Idiotekque time?[/QUOTE]

Nah, while we think of HI as being out there in the middle of the Pacific, they're only one hour behind AK, and two hours behind us.

[quote name='asheskitty']Nah, while we think of HI as being out there in the middle of the Pacific, they're only one hour behind AK, and two hours behind us.[/QUOTE]
Dafuq is AK?

And yeah, we're two hours behind the west coast.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Dafuq is AK?

And yeah, we're two hours behind the west coast.[/QUOTE]

The place where you can see Russia from your backyard.

[quote name='asheskitty']AK = Alaska
I've known a freakish number of Alaskans, for never having been in AK or Seattle.[/QUOTE]
My former best friend moved to Alaska. Alaska is lame.

[quote name='Idiotekque']My former best friend moved to Alaska. Alaska is lame.[/QUOTE]

I hear Alaska's so square and uncool, even the sun tries to avoid it.

[quote name='Blade']I hear Alaska's so square and uncool, even the sun tries to avoid it.[/QUOTE]
The people are dumb too. I just saw a girl the other day on American Idol say "I'm a small town girl." and she lived in Anchorage.

[quote name='Idiotekque']The people are dumb too. I just saw a girl the other day on American Idol say "I'm a small town girl." and she lived in Anchorage.[/QUOTE]

Any Alaskan will tell ya, Anchorage isn't really in AK.

[quote name='Idiotekque']The people are dumb too. I just saw a girl the other day on American Idol say "I'm a small town girl." and she lived in Anchorage.[/QUOTE]

Well I suppose if you compare it to NYC...

[quote name='asheskitty']Any Alaskan will tell ya, Anchorage isn't really in AK.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't know, but she said she was from Anchorage, Alaska.

[quote name='Echoes']Well I suppose if you compare it to NYC...[/QUOTE]
It's the 64th biggest city in the US. I wouldn't call that small town, but oh well.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I wouldn't know, but she said she was from Anchorage, Alaska.

It's the 64th biggest city in the US. I wouldn't call that small town, but oh well.[/QUOTE]
This.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I wouldn't know, but she said she was from Anchorage, Alaska.

It's the 64th biggest city in the US. I wouldn't call that small town, but oh well.[/QUOTE]

Oh I know, I'm just saying most cities compared to like, the largest 10, seem small :p

Eh, Witcher games for terrible prices. Not seeing anything else.

Sengoku for $2.50? I know a lot of people are big on the game.

EDIT: Eh, guess those were on sale yesterday. Shows how I pay attention to GG.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asheskitty']AK = Alaska
I've known a freakish number of Alaskans, for never having been in AK or Seattle.[/QUOTE]

Do you Sarah Palin...? :p

[quote name='SCIENCEEE']Still not seeing the xcom's on sale.[/QUOTE]
I got the e-mail this morning saying the sale was "this weekend" and starting "March 15th" but no hint of it in the offers or if you look at their XCOM games. Weird but, you know, it's GamersGate so who knows.

[quote name='11440']Something's wrong with the price history for XCOM on steamgamesales. I'm trying to remember what the lowest price has been so far. Was it $17.50?[/QUOTE]

FWIW Steamgamesales doesn't cover Amazon (you can use camelcamelcamel for that) and it also doesn't take into account additional discounts like % off coupons and such.

[quote name='Motoki']FWIW Steamgamesales doesn't cover Amazon (you can use camelcamelcamel for that) and it also doesn't take into account additional discounts like % off coupons and such.[/QUOTE]

Any idea why it has no history for GMG?

Back in pre-Bethesda-pack-screwup days, GG had the X-COM Complete Pack (minus the new XCOM of course) for ~$1.27 - I think those good ole days are gone for good...

Not to nitpick Nitpicking here: When they say up to 75% off, I expect to see at least one of the games @ 75% off. The highest I see is 60%.

Are the 50% off reverse price glitches? Only applied the 50% off once instead of twice? :razz:

[quote name='asheskitty']Not to nitpick Nitpicking here: When they say up to 75% off, I expect to see at least one of the games @ 75% off.[/QUOTE]
Don't be ridiculous! You should know that "up to" means "less than", just like "permanent" means "for the next few months."

I assume that since it's a weekend special, at some point some XCOM game will be 75% off. Anyway, $14 ain't cheap enough for me to impulse bite on EU.

[quote name='seamoss']Back in pre-Bethesda-pack-screwup days, GG had the X-COM Complete Pack (minus the new XCOM of course) for ~$1.27 - I think those good ole days are gone for good...[/QUOTE]
Probably for the best. I'll jump on a pricing error as fast as anyone here but it's certainly not a sustainable way to do business.

[quote name='Daykain']The Xcom weekend advert on the GG site shows 'save up to 60%' so I assume the newsletter e-mail was in error.[/QUOTE]
I dunno man, GG is pretty legit, I don't think they would mess up like that.

[quote name='Detruire']Today's deal is the TAGES-infested Chronicles of Riddick Assault on Dark Athena for $3.74 (before stuff-up discount.)
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for posting that.

I just asked GG if they can get that Tages DRM removed; & also pointed out to them that GOG version don't have it.

Derick Sanzi @MysterD
@GamersGate I see Riddick: Dark Athena for $3.75 w/ TAGES listed; can you remove DRM? @GOGcom don't have DRM for it: http://www.gog.com/gamecard/the_chronicles_of_riddick_assault_on_dark_athena
12:03 PM - 16 Mar 13

[quote name='MysterD']Thanks for posting that.

I just asked GG if they can get that Tages DRM removed; & also pointed out to them that GOG version don't have it.[/QUOTE]

Especially important when there're threads like these ones on Steam which seem to still be valid months later.

I've played the first third of Viking. It's a competent ARPG that so far fails to excel at anything. It gets a teeny bit repetitive (most ARPGs do). I enjoyed the Norse mythology theming.

Battle Sheep, Handball, Doggies, Bungee Jumping Simulator, 2 Fast Driver?

Is this the best sale day in the history of digital distribution?

[quote name='cheapo72']Battle Sheep, Handball, Doggies, Bungee Jumping Simulator, 2 Fast Driver?

Is this the best sale day in the history of digital distribution?[/QUOTE]

75% or bust

[quote name='Severose']75% or bust[/QUOTE]

My feelings exactly. Plus I just bought a few casual games for a buck or less at half price books so these seem overpriced in comparison.

[quote name='fantomena']How is GTR Evolution and Race On?[/QUOTE]

I don't know; ain't got 'em.

But, I wish AshesKitty would speak on this...
I hope she has played these racing games - since she plays TONS of racers...

Sorry I've been on vacation so not keeping up with CAG as much as usual. GTR Evolution is one of the best liked (stand alone) expansions to RACE 07. It adds GT cars to the RACE 07 tracks, including Corvete C6, Dodge Viper. Audi R8, etc. Race On adds Laguna Sec and Okayama (two tracks I'm partial to) and a few muscle cars. These are both RACE 07 expansions on the same engine, so expect a real Sim racing experience on one of the best PC racing Sims (and certainly the broadest set of experiences in one Sim).

I'd also point out that steam has run a full SimBim (RACE 07 Dev) pack in summer and winter sales for about $25.

[quote name='asheskitty']... I'd also point out that steam has run a full SimBim (RACE 07 Dev) pack in summer and winter sales for about $25.[/QUOTE]

Personally, that's what I'm waiting for... But at 75% off. ;)

[quote name='Severose']Personally, that's what I'm waiting for... But at 75% off. ;)[/QUOTE]
75% off is always a good plan.

[quote name='asheskitty']Sorry I've been on vacation so not keeping up with CAG as much as usual. GTR Evolution is one of the best liked (stand alone) expansions to RACE 07. It adds GT cars to the RACE 07 tracks, including Corvete C6, Dodge Viper. Audi R8, etc. Race On adds Laguna Sec and Okayama (two tracks I'm partial to) and a few muscle cars. These are both RACE 07 expansions on the same engine, so expect a real Sim racing experience on one of the best PC racing Sims (and certainly the broadest set of experiences in one Sim).

I'd also point out that steam has run a full SimBim (RACE 07 Dev) pack in summer and winter sales for about $25.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the thoughts, Ashes. Much appreciated. :D

I wish GG would match some of these others and add XCOM to the Bioshock preorder. With my 20% off and XCOM and free DLC(Id use my blue coins on the season pass) I would love both games for $48.

Just cave in and add XCOM, considering your spotless track record, I doubt anything could go wrong!

[quote name='Coras7']I wish GG would match some of these others and add XCOM to the Bioshock preorder. With my 20% off and XCOM and free DLC(Id use my blue coins on the season pass) I would love both games for $48.

Just cave in and add XCOM, considering your spotless track record, I doubt anything could go wrong![/QUOTE]
This, definitely yes!!!! I would love to pick up Bioshock Infinite and its dlc and XCOM and free dlc for 5.40 after another one of their 91% off firesales glitches. :bouncy:

[quote name='Coras7']I wish GG would match some of these others and add XCOM to the Bioshock preorder. With my 20% off and XCOM and free DLC(Id use my blue coins on the season pass) I would love both games for $48.

Just cave in and add XCOM, considering your spotless track record, I doubt anything could go wrong![/QUOTE]

Your wish has been granted and then some...
The bad = 20% Beth/BL2 discount will not work

The good and what you get:
-Bioshock Infinite with Pre-order goodness
-Bioshock 1
-Choice between: Bioshock 2, Mafia II, Civ V, Spec Ops The Line, Darkness II
-Xcom: Enemy Unknown

Real Cost: $45.41
Blue coins back: $15.97
Final cost: $29.44

The catch to get that price, buy from gamersgate.co.uk using BC.

I haven't even finished the first one and I am considering this...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back