GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, found a loophole to get Bioshock Infinite and Xcom for around $20 if you have the 20% off from the Beth glitch (Assuming you'll use the Blue Coins)

1. Go to the UK site. http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/
2. Add Bioshock Infinite and your free game. It should be 30 pounds.
3. Go to checkout and remove your free game (Bioshock, Spec Ops, Mafia, etc).
4. Go and add this game. http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-H3USSP/hearts-of-iron-3-us-sprite-pack
5. If you did these steps, the 20% off should be active.
6. Checkout. Total will be around $36 - the $16 or so in BC
7. Now go back and try to preorder Bioshock; it'll let you chose your free game (Bioshock, Spec Ops, Mafia

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Alright, found a loophole to get Bioshock Infinite and Xcom for around $20 if you have the 20% off from the Beth glitch (Assuming you'll use the Blue Coins)

4. Go and add this game. http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-H3USSP/hearts-of-iron-3-us-sprite-pack
7. Now go back and try to preorder Bioshock; it'll let you chose your free game (Bioshock, Spec Ops, Mafia[/QUOTE]

Best pre-order deal in history. ;)

Thank you, my fellow game hoarder.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Alright, found a loophole to get Bioshock Infinite and Xcom for around $20 if you have the 20% off from the Beth glitch (Assuming you'll use the Blue Coins)

7. Now go back and try to preorder Bioshock; it'll let you chose your free game (Bioshock, Spec Ops, Mafia[/QUOTE]

Wow, I made my post tongue in cheek, but it looks like GG took it to heart! I jumped on this and with 3 free games and the $16 in blue coins towards the season pass, all for $36, I am in heaven!

I owe you a big sloppy kiss for your easy to follow instructions.

Just did this, and I think this is the best deal I've ever got! thanks so much! just waiting to get my keys!

I just got my key from GG but it's not activating on Steam :/ I know this game is Steamworks but Steam is saying the product key is invalid. Should I email Gamersgate about this?

Edit: oops sorry, I should have realized it's because it's a pre-order. Sorry for the ignorance.

hmm i got flagged for manual review, i will update when i hear back from them.

[quote name='imac2much']I just got my key from GG but it's not activating on Steam :/ I know this game is Steamworks but Steam is saying the product key is invalid. Should I email Gamersgate about this?
[/QUOTE]

Is the code 16 digits? If so, it might be a code for the Bioshock Infinite web game. A lot of sites are giving out free stuff for that game with a preorder, so the code you got might be for that. I preordered at Greenman Gaming, and the code they listed for "Bioshock Infinite" is actually for the web game.

Worked like a charm, thanks.

I actually have a Bioshock: Infinite code from the AMD bundle but, [someone already asked to buy the B:I code], it pretty much results in free XCOM for me.

Plus an extra copy of Spec Ops since I already owned all the selections.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='imac2much']I just got my key from GG but it's not activating on Steam :/ I know this game is Steamworks but Steam is saying the product key is invalid. Should I email Gamersgate about this?

Edit: oops sorry, I should have realized it's because it's a pre-order. Sorry for the ignorance.[/QUOTE]

Check the redemption instructions in the game's details when you click it in your library. ;)

[quote name='Genobyte']Which free game has the most value?[/QUOTE]
Probably Spec Ops or Mafia II. Both go on sale for around $8.

Civ V seems to go on sale cheaper and a lot of people who don't own it yet want a bundle with the DLC. Bioshock 2 is virtually valueless. Darkness II seems to be a sub $5 game these days.

So the answer is probably Spec Ops or Mafia II but really none are worth much. Which would be why they're free games.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Probably Spec Ops or Mafia II. Both go on sale for around $8.

Civ V seems to go on sale cheaper and a lot of people who don't own it yet want a bundle with the DLC. Bioshock 2 is virtually valueless. Darkness II seems to be a sub $5 game these days.

So the answer is probably Spec Ops or Mafia II but really none are worth much. Which would be why they're free games.[/QUOTE]
Bleh I took Civ V since I may give to a friend. It was tough choice since I had most of them and I'm not interested in The Darkness II.

Thanks anarchy. Nice work. :)

Pretty good offer. (Especially considering that I got to keep Bet-bundle that was refunded)

Was too lazy to buy BC to save another 0.60€
Paid something like 30€ and got Bioshock, XCOM EU, Spec Ops, The Darkness II (don't know why)

I honestly feel like I'm abusing GamersGate: Betsheda Bundle, Borderlands 2 + Season Pass, and now this offer.

Total I have "lost" 5€ or so...

Corpekata: Bioshock 1 and 2 say steamworks, so yes

[quote name='etcrane']Flagged for manual review as well ... if this goes bad ... I'm taking this thread with me =-p[/QUOTE]

Got an email around midnight saying my order processed, hopefully your order completed 2.

The sprite pack is just because it's cheap, right?

You can get Just Cause 2 DLC for 25¢ today on sale. You know, just to squeeze an extra 15¢ out of the deal :lol:

I just tried anarchy's method, and they're offering a 20% comp bonus in BC instead of subtracting it from the price. So when I have the two items in my cart, it shows up as being 45,798 BC (their BC values are worth one-tenth of a cent USD) with +20% BLUE COINS (COMPENSATION) = +6,042 BC, for a grand total of +22,034 BC in return. Beats me how $6.04 is 1/5th of any of those numbers.

Still not bad, but I've been boycotting this shit site ever since they began making exceptions to the 20% comp bonus. Can't use it on pre-orders or Blue Coins now. So much for keeping their word.

[quote name='Blade']I just tried anarchy's method, and they're offering a 20% comp bonus in BC instead of subtracting it from the price. So when I have the two items in my cart, it shows up as being 45,798 BC (their BC values are worth one-tenth of a cent USD) with +20% BLUE COINS (COMPENSATION) = +6,042 BC, for a grand total of +22,034 BC in return. Beats me how $6.04 is 1/5th of any of those numbers.

Still not bad, but I've been boycotting this shit site ever since they began making exceptions to the 20% comp bonus. Can't use it on pre-orders or Blue Coins now. So much for keeping their word.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, looks like I'd be paying ~$45 for Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock, X-Com and 1 other game. Problem is, I only care about X-Com. I'm sure I could sell Bioshock Infinite and consider X-Com "free" after the blue coins, but it seems like a lot of trouble to get X-Com for free, and would require me to buy something else from them with the blue coins later.

I'm cheap, but this seems like a lot of effort for 1 game. *sigh* Keep hoping for something worthwhile to use my Beth "Discount" on, but it looks like it's just going to be another disappointment.

It's too bad to see that they adjusted it for Bioshock. However, the loophole still works for preorders. I added RE6 and a cheap Just Cause 2 DLC and it gave me my 20% beth discount. So with the discount and DLC it would cost $24.50.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I noticed that the text by the Bioshock: Infinite code has changed from "This is a pre-order code" to "This is a Steam activation code". I'm at work but has anyone tried to put it into Steam and got it added to their library?[/QUOTE]

Hmm, mine still reads "pre-order code" but if it changes, I'll check and update ...

So, if I'm doing my math right, You get all four games ( Bioshock: Infinite, Bioshock, your choice of those 4 games, and X:com) for roughly around $31 bucks. Which if you do the math, 31/4 is around $8 a piece for these games. Yup. Game deal of the year right here. maybe if the decade

Am I missing something? What is this "Beth" discount people are referring to? I'm only seeing rewards of "5% of order total" at checkout using the described steps. Also, is it kosher to buy all this from the UK and use on a US Steam account?

[quote name='fuze9']Am I missing something? What is this "Beth" discount people are referring to? I'm only seeing rewards of "5% of order total" at checkout using the described steps. Also, is it kosher to buy all this from the UK and use on a US Steam account?[/QUOTE]

If I had a nickel...

[quote name='fuze9']Am I missing something? What is this "Beth" discount people are referring to? I'm only seeing rewards of "5% of order total" at checkout using the described steps. Also, is it kosher to buy all this from the UK and use on a US Steam account?[/QUOTE]

They sold off bethesda bundles at the wrong price (aka really f'n cheap) during the holiday sales, ran out of keys, people complained, small children were held at gunpoint, and they gave "permanent" 20% discounts to people who didn't get any keys. As a side-effect, many who got all/some keys still got the discount added to their accounts.

and yes you can buy on the UK site (must be with BC) and get steam keys for a US account.

Thank you kindly. Severose, I owe you a nickel.

In that case, I feel like I'm better off sticking with my Amazon order. (Right?) The only bonus I'm really interested in anyway is XCOM.

Never mind my previous post. I'm a dope.

I clicked "Bioshock - Bioshock Infinite Preorder" from the side bar and was looking at the codes for the free Bioshock (1) games. You'd think the picture of the Big Daddy would have tipped me off but...

Sorry to make you all check your accounts :dunce:

[quote name='fuze9']Thank you kindly. Severose, I owe you a nickel.

In that case, I feel like I'm better off sticking with my Amazon order. (Right?) The only bonus I'm really interested in anyway is XCOM.[/QUOTE]

Unless you can get somebody to help you grab it who has the discount, yeah you probably should. It's kinda a headache to do, so you'd have to get someone you trust to do it.

Also, if you did it, you'd probably pay ~$37.00 (that's what I paid 2 days ago), and get ~$15 back in BC. In other words, if you have someone else grab it for you, you'd have to account for the ~$15 in BC, which would go to their account by default. I helped someone out yesterday, and he paid me $24 for everything because I was the one who got the BC. If you do the math, ~$37 - ~$15 = ~$22, so he tipped me a little.

Problem is, you need to get someone who is comfortable with effectively paying for ~$15 worth of BC, since that's essentially what's going on here. I buy things regularly from GG, so I didn't mind at all.

If you'd rather avoid the confusion/headaches, go it solo elsewhere. If I were you, that's what I would do unless I could get a thread regular to help me out.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Never mind my previous post. I'm a dope.

I clicked "Bioshock - Bioshock Infinite Preorder" from the side bar and was looking at the codes for the free Bioshock (1) games. You'd think the picture of the Big Daddy would have tipped me off but...

Sorry to make you all check your accounts :dunce:[/QUOTE]

I thought that's what you were looking at. =P

$22 is face-meltingly good, and I'd be all over it if I had that screw-up discount - even with the $15 Blue Coin commit. Without the discount, it's not so appealing since I don't spend all that much with GG (and not having the discount makes doing so less appealing.) :whistle2:(

[quote name='Ithian']They sold off bethesda bundles at the wrong price (aka really f'n cheap) during the holiday sales, ran out of keys, people complained, small children were held at gunpoint, and they gave "permanent" 20% discounts to people who didn't get any keys. As a side-effect, many who got all/some keys still got the discount added to their accounts.

and yes you can buy on the UK site (must be with BC) and get steam keys for a US account.[/QUOTE]

Why does it have to be with BC? I used the UK site and paid with Paypal, although that was before the deal changed.

[quote name='etcrane']Why does it have to be with BC? I used the UK site and paid with Paypal, although that was before the deal changed.[/QUOTE]

I haven't tried with Paypal myself. I just know buying coins on the US site works and transfers over. If it works out then cool, more options.

[quote name='etcrane']Why does it have to be with BC? I used the UK site and paid with Paypal, although that was before the deal changed.[/QUOTE]

See the first Q & A ("How do I buy games outside of my region?") in the second post of this thread.

Iirc, Paypal and most credit cards charge a conversion fee if your funds are not drawn from a UK source (when the payment is measured in pounds), so by paying in blue coins, you avoid that potential additional cost.

[quote name='madjoki']GamersGate has keys for Bioshock now. Preloading now.[/QUOTE]

Right on for the heads up. Also couldn't pass up on JGR for $2.70, great deal.

Just redeemed Infinte on Steam, everything works like a charm, now I'll just wait for another awesome deal so I can spent my 16$ in blue coins.

[quote name='Estbarul']Just redeemed Infinte on Steam, everything works like a charm, now I'll just wait for another awesome deal so I can spent my 16$ in blue coins.[/QUOTE]

How long to blue coins stick around for...?

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CARCASSONNE/carcassonne
Carcassonne (DRM Free) $2.99

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-NTWC/napoleon-total-war-collection-bundle
Napoleon Total War Collection (Steam) $7.49

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SEGABUNDLE/sega-action-pack-bundle
Does this Sega bundle seem like a good deal? Alpha Protocol (DRM Free), Binary Domain (Steam), Viking (Steam), and Space Marine (Steam) for $21.21. I'm guessing they've been cheaper separately. But I don't have 3 of those games. Hmm...

[quote name='shrinerr']http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SEGABUNDLE/sega-action-pack-bundle
Does this Sega bundle seem like a good deal? Alpha Protocol (DRM Free), Binary Domain (Steam), Viking (Steam), and Space Marine (Steam) for $21.21. I'm guessing they've been cheaper separately. But I don't have 3 of those games. Hmm...[/QUOTE]

Without the screw-up discount, it's OK if you want the lot, not so great otherwise. Alpha Protocol and Viking are currently $3.74ea ($3 with coupon) on GMG, while Binary Domain is $5 on Amazon ATM.

Just going to say it again, Alpha Protocol is an underrated gem with broken stealth. Level up your shotgun and handgun skills, then play it like an action movie and it's one of the best games I've played in the past few years. It's like Mass Effect and James Bond had a baby ... plus the story is fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back