GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Sharp Katana']I just found out about the 20% *_* but I had just purchased the 4pack for BL2. I haven't viewed the serial keys or downloaded the game yet can I still get a refund?[/QUOTE]

The discount was an apology for *forcible* refunds.

[quote name='warreni']Seems like a nice BL2 discount, but the more I think about it, the more it seems to make sense to wait for a GOTY version. Given Gearbox's history with this series, such a package is inevitable and it's equally inevitable that it will get massive discounts not long after release.[/QUOTE]

Honestly you sound like you don't really want it / need it / gotta have it...

IN THE FACE! NOT SO COMPLEX! NEED IT! WANT IT NEED IT HAVE TO HAVE IT! FACESHOT! BOOM! BRAINS EVERYWHERE! Not the KNEE, not the ARM, not the SPINE - FACE! IT HAS TO HAPPEN! HNNNNG! FACEY FACEY FACE FACE! TIRED OF WAITING! NO MORE WAITING! NEED A FACE SHOT! BOOM! SQUISH! YAY!
SHOOT ME IN THE FACE! IN THE FAAAAAAAACE! DO IT! SHOOT ME IN THE FACE! FACE FACEFACEFACEFACE! NOW! BULLETS IN THE FACE! WANT EM! NEED EM! GIMMEGIMMEGIMME! AT THE SOUND OF THE BELL IT WILL BE FACESHOOTING O'CLOCK! BONGGGGG! KNOCK KNOCK WHO'S THERE SHOOT ME IN THE FACE! END OF JOKE! I'M GONNA SING A SONG! SHOOT ME AT THE END OF IT! DA DA DA DA DA DA DA! BONG!! ...I NOTICE YOU HAVEN'T SHOT ME IN THE FACE! CURIOUS AS TO WHY! Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE!! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!?!

Oh one suggestion for anyone just picking up BL2...

If you can try it with PhysX on medium, it's quite a richer/more immersive jump from low to medium. I've heard there are some .ini edits to run PhysX medium on the CPU if you have an AMD card (and strong CPU).

PhysX High has a smaller jump, but a sizable impact on performance for me. For my chaotic playstyle, I really prefer 45+ fps.

[quote name='MyCatEdwin']If anyone has a BL2 from a 4 pack, please PM me.

EDIT: heck, if someone could tell me how to get the 20% off coupon and I get three PMs for the 4 pack, I'll just buy it myself.[/QUOTE]

If you don't know how to get the 20% off, you don't have it.

I realize I'm a little late and this probably isn't the best place for this, but hey. Can anybody help me out with a cheap TL2 key? I need another copy for some LAN sessions. If anybody still has any please PM me. Thanks!

I Just bought the 4 Pack BL2 and have 2 more copies available.
anyone looking for one PM me

edit: only one more copy available

Last edited by a moderator:
Same boat as a few. I'd buy BL2 for $6 for sure! Cant seem to buy it on GG from a 4 pack anyone PM me if they have any spare or need to sell

Note that even if you don't have the 20% discount, you can still use the promo code elder-geek.com to get 5% off of the 4-pack, which drops the cost of each copy of Borderlands 2 to $7.12.

Is there a 4-Pack Group with the 20% off code I can join? I can paypal. Please let me know. Thanks!

Edit: Also in for a non 20% group too. Thanks!

Anyone else looking to do a group buy of Borderlands 2? I'm hosting a pack, please PM me.

EDIT: Done. GG has put a copy limit out, so I could only buy so many.

Posted in another thread, but im willing to take 2 slots in a four pack. Can't do paypal. I can do Amazon funbucks or buy you something of value.

[quote name='DemonKysho']Posted in another thread, but im willing to take 2 slots in a four pack. Can't do paypal. I can do Amazon funbucks or buy you something of value.[/QUOTE]
Oooh, funbucks.

[quote name='theclaw']What about a Political Machine 2012 four pack? 20% would make them $1 each.[/QUOTE]

I'd be up for a copy.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']XCOM UE for 9.99 (8 after 20%).

Good deal (no 4 pack :()

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-XCOMEU/xcom-enemy-unknown[/QUOTE]

Ooooh, so tempting...especially at that magic 75% off price-tag!

But, dammit - I just bought BL2 and I am playing that!
Damn, GG putting up really good sales!

At least XCom EU (2012) doesn't have 500 DLC's, I guess.... ;)
It only got 2 DLC's, so far. So, who has the two DLC's? They any good?
Slingshot sounds like more campaign stuff, while Elite Soldier sounds like another unit.
How long's Slingshot DLC?

Oh, are there more DLC's planned for XCOM EU (2012)?

Slingshot is not good. A bit hard to gauge the length as it is spread out over the campaign. It's just a few missions. Get it when it's 75 percent off, maybe, as a way to see the changes it makes on your 10th playthrough. That style of DLC doesn't fit well at all in the game really. The missions aren't anything special, and the story is weak and awkwardly forced into the largely storyless game. Squad member is a bit OP at the start, so I guess if you want every edge you can, that's a small advantage.

The other DLC should really be part of the base game, as your customization options are pathetic without it. But if you don't care about changing people's appearances, it's not a huge deal. It's not another class, it just lets you make your team look like the Power Rangers.

[quote name='Corpekata']Slingshot is not good. A bit hard to gauge the length as it is spread out over the campaign. It's just a few missions. Get it when it's 75 percent off, maybe, as a way to see the changes it makes on your 10th playthrough. That style of DLC doesn't fit well at all in the game really. The missions aren't anything special, and the story is weak and awkwardly forced into the largely storyless game. Squad member is a bit OP at the start, so I guess if you want every edge you can, that's a small advantage.[/quote]
Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.

The other DLC should really be part of the base game, as your customization options are pathetic without it. But if you don't care about changing people's appearances, it's not a huge deal. It's not another class, it just lets you make your team look like the Power Rangers.
[Sarcasm]
"Make your team look like the Power Rangers" = I'm SOLD. ;)
[/sarcasm]

[serious]
Thanks for the warnings on the DLC's, BTW.
[/serious]

It's hard to gauge. It's not really a one play through game. Most likely your first couple are going to crash and burn and you won't be able to recover and you'll have to start over or revert to a much earlier save if you're not playing on Ironman. I'd say, provided you're not on Easy, somewhere in the 10-20 hour range will be most people's first victory, add a chunk of time for the harder difficulties and if you're playing Ironman.

[quote name='megma42']I don't see XCOM for $10, but for $15. What am I doing wrong?[/QUOTE]

Maybe 75% off was a glitch...?
I don't know - looks like it went up. :(

[quote name='MysterD']Maybe 75% off was a glitch...?
I don't know - looks like it went up. :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, but the 62% currently just seems weird... We've seen it hit $8 (bundled) before, we'll see it again. Given Tony's good relationship with 2K, it could show up in an Amazon 2K Bundle..

Not being as excited about Xcom as most, I figured I'd wait for the complete edition to give it a try.

@Ash

[quote name='asheskitty']We've seen it hit $8 (bundled) before, we'll see it again. Given Tony's good relationship with 2K, it could show up in an Amazon 2K Bundle..
Not being as excited about Xcom as most, I figured I'd wait for the complete edition to give it a try.[/QUOTE]
Big question - is MORE DLC planned for XCOM EU?

[quote name='asheskitty']Yeah, but the 62% currently just seems weird...[/quote]
Wait...when has GG glitches ever gone up in price? :whistle2:X

I'm not really sure, having never even slightly drools over Xcom (pretty much only on my radar because CAGs seem to like it) I haven't followed any press/rumors for it. Also we are coming up on the various summer sales (Steam & GG for sure, I'm really interested to see if/what GMG & Amazon do this year). Between it's weak appeal to me and my backlog I'm content to wait.

Well, I'd consider the current price the corrected version. Glitching upwards happened on the BL2 price glitch in Jan (though that was generally crazy with a number of different prices), as it had dropped to ~$5 at one point before doubling back to the $11.50 price (4-pack)... recall when the glitch was first posted it was a 1-pack at $15 (quite a good price at the time, ). Also some CAGs snagged the season pass nicely glitched but that went up in price well before the $11.50 4-pack came to an end.

I don't feel there is (or should be) a lot of consistency in GG glitches, apart from the fact that they happen regularly and amazingly GG honors them (apart from some of the Beth Pack/BL2 massive internet-dogpile glitches)... even when they are crazy low, remember GR: FS for like ~$2.50? force refunded and then later keyed :puzzled:

[quote name='MysterD']
Big question - is MORE DLC planned for XCOM EU?
[/QUOTE]

I believe they've said to expect more DLC for it, but they haven't firmly announced anything yet.

There's no more DLC for XCOM coming. They have an Elite edition out on some sites already. They appear to be teasing an expansion or semi-sequel in the way Terror from the Deep wasn't a real sequel to the original XCOM. Whatever it is I bet it will be standalone.

In interviews it seemed like they appeared to be interested in doing more DLC but the almost universally negative reaction to Slingshot put a damper on what they had planned.

[quote name='Corpekata']There's no more DLC for XCOM coming. They have an Elite edition out on some sites already. They appear to be teasing an expansion or semi-sequel in the way Terror from the Deep wasn't a real sequel to the original XCOM. Whatever it is I bet it will be standalone.

In interviews it seemed like they appeared to be interested in doing more DLC but the almost universally negative reaction to Slingshot put a damper on what they had planned.[/QUOTE]

I believe the Elite Edition is the Mac version, which just included the pre-order and 2 small DLC packs. The DLC is ok but nothing to write home about. If you can get a good deal on the base game, I'd say it's worth grabbing now as opposed to waiting.

Weekly offers are flipping - some decent deals coming up.

FEAR Complete $10 / $8
Dragon Age Complete $10 / $8
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Collection $9 / $7.20
Rollercoaster Tycoon Deluxe $1.50 / $Whatever

[quote name='seamoss']Weekly offers are flipping - some decent deals coming up.

FEAR Complete $10 / $8
Dragon Age Complete $10 / $8
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Collection $9 / $7.20
Rollercoaster Tycoon Deluxe $1.50 / $Whatever[/QUOTE]

Interesting deals for me:

Batman Arkham Collection (GOTY for City and Aslyum) - $13.49/10.79
Batman Complete Collection (Previous bundle plus Lego Batmans) - $27/21.6

DRM is most likely mixed on these with very little being Steam.

Political Machine 2012 4 Pack for $5/4 is also a good deal and on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back