GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='simpsonps121']:) Fair enough.

Where does it state the blue coin extra credit? Or is it all pre-order games?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Severose']All pre-orders ;)[/QUOTE]

AC3 has an extra blue coin deal. It should show it on the AC page but you can add it to cart to verify.

[quote name='asheskitty']You think that's bad... don't look at the GoG weekend sale then...
$2.39 for Syndicate, Dungeon Keeper 1, 2, NOX, Populus, Alpha Centauri, Ultima Games, Wing Commander Games... I feel certain I'll be at least $12 poorer by Monday.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap thank you. Been waiting for a Nox sale and would've probably missed it if you didn't post. Time to get nostalgic.

[quote name='pROvIs']The Ac games run on pretty old tech and engine. You might be surprised. I know Ac3 is supposed to have a dx11 option though.[/QUOTE]

Hope it's the first game with a DX11 option where the game actually runs better than on DX9.

[quote name='DarkPGR']I feel sorry for anyone who bought anything directly from steam, GamersGate had a lot of games either cheaper because of IGN / Loyalty Program, or just plain out cheaper.

BTW, IGN has codes again, so if anyone was waiting on them to get their shit together, go grab them!

Also, GG Support gave me back 15% on purchases I made this last month because of IGN's screwup. So happy :D[/QUOTE]

They do? They never responded to my ticket, and when I click on redeem code I am taken to the same broken webpage with the line "sorry, no more keys available".

I am presuming the got a few, uploaded them, and then the mad dash took them all.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Daily Deal - Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City for $12.49

Best price for this game?[/QUOTE]

lmfao... Wow... Already 75% off? What's that tell you about this game? ;)

EDIT: $9.99 with G2PO and the IGN discount. Not too shabby. ;)

[quote name='Severose']lmfao... Wow... Already 75% off? What's that tell you about this game? ;)

EDIT: $9.99 with G2PO and the IGN discount. Not too shabby. ;)[/QUOTE]

It's been over a year... tells me that its about due for a big discount. If anything I'm surprised it wasn't this cheap sooner.

[quote name='Severose']lmfao... Wow... Already 75% off? What's that tell you about this game? ;)

EDIT: $9.99 with G2PO and the IGN discount. Not too shabby. ;)[/QUOTE]

What is G2PO and how do I do to get it at $9.99? (I already have IGN discount).

[quote name='ochentay4']What is G2PO and how do I do to get it at $9.99? (I already have IGN discount).[/QUOTE]

G2PO is a 5% off discount code. Stacks with IGN. Just put it in the discount box. To get the net price you have to first buy blue coins with the G2PO code, then buy the game with IGN and G2PO with the blue coins.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']G2PO is a 5% off discount code. Stacks with IGN. Just put it in the discount box. To get the net price you have to first buy blue coins with the G2PO code, then buy the game with IGN and G2PO with the blue coins.[/QUOTE]

Thanks and how do I get the discount code?
EDIT: Nevermind. I found out that putting G2PO when checking out works just fine.
EDIT2: Pssst. Dont tell anyone. G2PO code works when buying blue coins, and then again buying the game. So you save $0.5 when buying 10.000 blue coins, and then you save $2.50 again on Racoon City, bringing the game to a total of $9.5. Nice.

[quote name='pieczonka']Does Resident evil redeem on steam?[/QUOTE]

DRM:Games For Windows Live (Requires a third-party download and account)

[quote name='pieczonka']Does Resident evil redeem on steam?[/QUOTE]

Capcom requires G4WL, most of the time for their PC games - see SF4; SSF4:AE; RE5, and Dead Rising 2 for starters.
And yes - same goes for RE: Operation Raccoon City.

This makes sense for them b/c their games are ALSO on X-Box console. It takes VERY little to get their game going for the online component on the PC - since XBL and G4WL are basically tied together. They won't have to go through the process of say ripping out G4WL/XBL code to replace it w/ in Steamworks' Net-code. Saves money, time, and resources.

Honestly, I'm most definitely not a G4WL fan - and really wish Microsoft would overhaul the program so the common G4WL problems GO AWAY (issues w/ connecting; issues w/ saved games disappearing; saved game corruption issues; etc). I wish they'd actually add more functionality to G4WL like Steam's done over the years.

If you want Steam Versions of Capcom games, your best bet is to buy it directly through Steam.
Only other place that might be able to get your Steam versions of their games is probably Amazon DVG, since gamers ask for it so much over there in that thread...
...though I ain't seen any of Amazon DVG's versions of Capcom games use Steam...YET.

[quote name='Gxray']It's been over a year... tells me that its about due for a big discount. If anything I'm surprised it wasn't this cheap sooner.[/QUOTE]

Lmfao... It hasn't even been 6 months yet. It was released on May 18, 2012.

Which game are you talking about?

[quote name='MysterD']Capcom requires G4WL, most of the time for their PC games - see SF4; SSF4:AE; RE5, and Dead Rising 2 for starters.
And yes - same goes for RE: Operation Raccoon City.

This makes sense for them b/c their games are ALSO on X-Box console. It takes VERY little to get their game going for the online component on the PC - since XBL and G4WL are basically tied together. They won't have to go through the process of say ripping out G4WL/XBL code to replace it w/ in Steamworks' Net-code. Saves money, time, and resources.

Honestly, I'm most definitely not a G4WL fan - and really wish Microsoft would overhaul the program so the common G4WL problems GO AWAY (issues w/ connecting; issues w/ saved games disappearing; saved game corruption issues; etc). I wish they'd actually add more functionality to G4WL like Steam's done over the years.

If you want Steam Versions of Capcom games, your best bet is to buy it directly through Steam.
Only other place that might be able to get your Steam versions of their games is probably Amazon DVG, since gamers ask for it so much over there in that thread...
...though I ain't seen any of Amazon DVG's versions of Capcom games use Steam...YET.[/QUOTE]

They are overhauling it. Its called Xbox on Windows, and is integrated into Windows 8. Why do you think gabe newell hates Windows 8 so much? :p

Microsoft has stated that they will continue to support GFWL as a separate thing from Xbox on Windows, and I believe that......until Windows 8 has been out for long enough for them to just ditch the distinction and have full games just rolled into the Windows Store as well as the simple games that are there now.

As long as they will let you redeem retail codes after physical install the same as Steam does for Steam required Steamworks games, shouldn't be an issue.

Daily Deal:

Darkness Within Collection - $3.75

Really good price for both of them. Tempted to buy them even though they are both on Void right now and one of them is in my Void slot.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Bought IGN Prime... no discount keys for me. Yay! :roll:

On the plus side, I feel validated as a CAG to have found a new and useful promo code. :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had IGN Prime the entire last month with no keys available. I heard there was a batch like yesterday on here and when I logged in, same story.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Bought IGN Prime... no discount keys for me. Yay! :roll:

On the plus side, I feel validated as a CAG to have found a new and useful promo code. :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Necrotron']Yeah, I had IGN Prime the entire last month with no keys available. I heard there was a batch like yesterday on here and when I logged in, same story.[/QUOTE]

I was in the same position, I had IGN prime for the whole month of October. I sent a ticket to IGN and they never responded the whole month... I got my key on Thursday after messaging Johnykim. It took him a day for him to respond and he had a key. I'm sure he will help you if you message him.

It's terrible. I'm tempted to pick up Hotline Miami for $8 after all these shenanigans, but on the otherhand I want to wait because it'll probably show up in an indie bundle with a dozen other games for $1.

Decisions decisions.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']It's terrible. I'm tempted to pick up Hotline Miami for $8 after all these shenanigans, but on the otherhand I want to wait because it'll probably show up in an indie bundle with a dozen other games for $1.

Decisions decisions.[/QUOTE]

Well a cheaper fix in that vein might be either of the Crusader titles for $2.39 on the GoG weekend sale.

[quote name='BuiltNOTBought']+1 on messaging Johnykim on the IGN boards that's how I recently acquired my key.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, yep. He just messaged me 'a moment ago'. Awesome!

Whoops, was apparently eariler this week, but I hadn't checked my IGN mailbox. >.>

I is Prime!

Cue horrible internet meme picture.

happee.jpg

Me too! They should probably work that so it doesn't require a direct PM to get your code but I personally can't complain now.

Now have a big sale, GG!

New weekend deal is Sleeping Dogs 50% off. The base game has been a little cheaper on Amazon (after IGN discount), but the best deal is all the DLC is 50% off too! Great deal on the just released Nightmare in North Point DLC ($2.50 plus stack IGN if you have it and G2PO).

Highly recommend it. The rest of the DLC is either cosmetic or money,XP boosts but its funner to get that stuff yourself. There's a race pack DLC, but I didn't find the races so great to want to pay for more.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']New weekend deal is Sleeping Dogs 50% off. The base game has been a little cheaper on Amazon (after IGN discount), but the best deal is all the DLC is 50% off too! Great deal on the just released Nightmare in North Point DLC ($2.50 plus stack IGN if you have it and G2PO).

Highly recommend it. The rest of the DLC is either cosmetic or money,XP boosts but its funner to get that stuff yourself. There's a race pack DLC, but I didn't find the races so great to want to pay for more.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was just gonna ask if Nightmare is the only DLC with new missions. The rest doesn't interest me.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']New weekend deal is Sleeping Dogs 50% off. The base game has been a little cheaper on Amazon (after IGN discount), but the best deal is all the DLC is 50% off too! Great deal on the just released Nightmare in North Point DLC ($2.50 plus stack IGN if you have it and G2PO).

Highly recommend it. The rest of the DLC is either cosmetic or money,XP boosts but its funner to get that stuff yourself. There's a race pack DLC, but I didn't find the races so great to want to pay for more.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, bought.

Yeah I'm in for Nightmare in North Point. Been waiting for a deal on the DLC like this. I just wish I had IGN...

Deal of the Day - Bet On Soldier - $3.00

Never heard of it, but it looked cool and the reviews looked cool. It was $2.40 after all the discounts for me so not bad at all.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise sale:

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl - $4.99 ($4.25 IGN)
Stalker: Clear Sky - $2.99 ($2.55 IGN)
Stalker: Call of Pripyat Loyalty Edition (Requires Clear Sky or SoC to activate) - $3.24 ($2.76 IGN)
Stalker: Call of Pripyat - $4.49 ($3.82 IGN)

Note that Shadow of Chernobyl is set to be part of some THQ bundle on Amazon this Friday so you'll get it cheaper on a per game basis there, provided the other stuff in the bundle interests you.

They added a Bundle of all three games for $12 ($10.20 IGN) which is more expensive than buying SoC/Clear Sky and then Loyalty Call of Pripyat ($11.22 or $9.56 IGN)

Gamersgate is running the same Darksiders II sale as Amazon (66% off) but you can add the IGN discount here to get it a little cheaper. Is G2PO still live?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Gamersgate is running the same Darksiders II sale as Amazon (66% off) but you can add the IGN discount here to get it a little cheaper. Is G2PO still live?[/QUOTE]

Yup G2PO is still live just snatched it from gamersgate for $13.71 with ign + promo code

Sorry if this was posted already, but Vanguard Princess is $5 this week, $4.75 if you use G2PO. It's a 2D fighter entirely created by one ex-Capcom employee and has a cult following.

[quote name='whitereflection']Sorry if this was posted already, but Vanguard Princess is $5 this week, $4.75 if you use G2PO. It's a 2D fighter entirely created by one ex-Capcom employee and has a cult following.[/QUOTE]

I saw that, tempting. Note the review on GG:
Vanguard Princess review
By Flyingpanzyking posted Yesterday
The game is an up to date English localization of a Japanese freeware game that has gained a cult following over the internet. There has been some slight changes in regards to both character selection (one character is now select-able by the player that in the past could only be gained through random select) and censorship (faster animation on some exposing moves, slight costume change, etc.) Otherwise the game plays much as it has before only with less installation hassle and a clearer translation so fans who already own it may not find this version worth picking up except to support the developer.

That said the gameplay is fairly enjoyable and those wishing to try it out without jumping through dozens of hoops getting the Japanese version to work on western computers should feel free to give this one a try. It plays like an old school fighter but with an emphasis on using your support character to help you in battle with some rather tricky combo moves. If you've enjoyed games like Skullgirls you would probably like this one as well. The animation is great and is actually very pretty to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back