GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did try to get the freeware version to work when it first came out, but it was a huge pain in the ass if you didn't have Japanese font installed on your computer, so I am happy to throw down $5 for an updated hassle-free version and support the devs at the same time.

I wasn't aware of the censorship, but honestly, it doesn't bother me since this game will make you feel like a bit of a creeper anyway.

[quote name='whitereflection']I did try to get the freeware version to work when it first came out, but it was a huge pain in the ass if you didn't have Japanese font installed on your computer, so I am happy to throw down $5 for an updated hassle-free version and support the devs at the same time.

I wasn't aware of the censorship, but honestly, it doesn't bother me since this game will make you feel like a bit of a creeper anyway.[/QUOTE]

Ah cool, thanks for sharing your experience. It's definitely something I'm considering, the slightly-censored angle displeased me. I'm known for being without shame, so censorship bothers me. I think I'll try to give the original a shot. I think the last game I played in this sub-genre was Arcana Heart (or it's the one I remember the best).

I just redeemed my GG DS2 key (just the base DS2 key). Steam reports: "Darksiders 2 - Preorder Retail" and my right-click DLC-tab indicates Argul's Tomb, Crucible Pass, Dark Talons, & Skeletal Axe of Rending.

[quote name='asheskitty']I just redeemed my GG DS2 key (just the base DS2 key). Steam reports: "Darksiders 2 - Preorder Retail" and my right-click DLC-tab indicates Argul's Tomb, Crucible Pass, Dark Talons, & Skeletal Axe of Rending.[/QUOTE]

Yup mine did the same thing, this is def the best deal for darksiders 2 since it comes with the pre order stuff =)

Just picked up the 3 STALKER games for $9.39 after IGN and G2PO. Purchased with blue coins that were picked up with the G2PO. I like hanging around here cause you guys teach me how to be cheaaaaap as fuck and it feels good.

Thinking of adding a bunch more blue coins before the code expires, but don't want all my black friday eggs in one basket.

Picked up DSII and the season pass. Edges out Amazon, especially with how the code redeems on Steam with more DLC.

No, you do not want all your black friday pc games eggs in just the gamersgate basket, there is way too many other fish in the sea!

They've also discounted Orcs Must Die! 2 (and OMD2 Complete). The two-pack is good value, too! Don't forget the 5% discount code: G2PO

Some great deals from GG again these past couple of weeks. After a stunning Q3/Q4 2011, they've been neglecting the great deals a bit for most of 2012, so it's nice to see them kicking ass again (especially considering our discounts and blue coins!).

GG is the only non-steam source of CK2 for the USA. It is DRM-free. About damn time GG put CK2 on a 75% sale. Hit 75% on Amazon almost 6 months ago.

[quote name='PenguinJim']Some great deals from GG again these past couple of weeks. After a stunning Q3/Q4 2011, they've been neglecting the great deals a bit for most of 2012, so it's nice to see them kicking ass again (especially considering our discounts and blue coins!).[/QUOTE]
The GG Summer Sale (4-weeks, August) was pretty strong.

Well, I'm a fucking idiot - didn't do my homework on whether or not CKII dlc from Gamersgate would work with my base game on Steam...

Last edited by a moderator:
For those looking for Steam editions of Crusader Kings 2 DLC, Gamestop also has all of it save for the Sunset Invasion for 75% off as well.

[quote name='rslater']Well, I'm a fucking idiot - didn't do my homework on whether or not CKII dlc from Gamersgate would work with my base game on Steam... so I'm giving away
Sword of Islam
Legacy of Rome
Byzantine Unit Pack
Shield Pack II

If you need any of these, drop me a PM and I'll gift.[/QUOTE]

Contact GamersGate support - they're usually pretty good about giving refunds.
Although if these are DRM-free and you've already clicked the Download button...

[quote name='Umair56']For those looking for Steam editions of Crusader Kings 2 DLC, Gamestop also has all of it save for the Sunset Invasion for 75% off as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for this!

[quote name='seamoss']Contact GamersGate support - they're usually pretty good about giving refunds.
Although if these are DRM-free and you've already clicked the Download button...[/QUOTE]

I really appreciate the help, and if I'd bought at full price I most certainly would, but it's not much of a punch in the wallet so I figured I'd just see if anyone was interested.

Awesomenauts is on sale, same as on Steam, but with a much better deal; the 3-pack is $9.99, with IGN $8.49 which means ~$2.83 per copy.

So I guess the question then is, will it go to 75% off on Steam during the BF / holiday sales? Hmm...

[quote name='asheskitty']Severose reviewed it on GG, maybe he could chip in here.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but his review says it is an expansion. So does that mean you need the base game?

Also, company is Focus Home Interactive, any of their games been in bundles?

[quote name='asheskitty']Severose reviewed it on GG, maybe he could chip in here.[/QUOTE]

LMFAO! Okay, don't take any of my reviews seriously. All of them are for BlueCoins. ;)

But yes, Earth Awakening is an expansion to Silverfall:

[quote name='Wikipedia']An expansion for the Windows version of the game, entitled Silverfall: Earth Awakening, was released in 2008. Silverfall: Gold Edition was also released in 2008, containing the main game as well as the expansion.[/QUOTE]

However, I don't believe that the expansion requires the base game. If you'd like me to, I can check for you. But in order for that to happen, you have to play Yeti Hunter. ;)

I suppose it's better than doing -that thing- with smurfs to get bluecoins. =) Thanks for chiming in.

I'm not certain but I have a hazy recollection of talk of a Focus Home Interactive bundle on Amazon.

About Silverfall (original) + Earth Awakening (stand-alone expansion):

If you plan on playing original Silverfall...
MAKE SURE you have BOTH Silverfall (original) + Silverfall: Earth Awakening (stand-alone expansion) and that you do install them TOGETHER right into the same game folder.
Earth Awakening fixes so many technical issues w/ performance improvements; and has a lot of UI and camera fixes and improvements (which is for both games), it ain't even funny.
They (Monte Cristo Game Studios) NEVER patched all of that stuff into the original Silverfall game alone.
You NEED Earth Awakening for all the UI and camera improvements for the Original game!
BTW, RIP, Monte Cristo Game Studios!

If you only install the original Silverfall - you'll be missing out on tons of UI and camera improvements that only Earth Awakening gives you that it ain't even funny....
As someone who played Silverfall (original) before Earth Awakening came out, I'm telling you - the differences and improvements are like day and night here.

Earth Awakening is a stand-alone expansion, so you could always play that alone w/out installing Silverfall (original).
You'd have all of the UI fixes, camera fixes, and all of that stuff - b/c that stuff just comes w/ Earth Awakening period.

EDIT - Nov. 18, 2012:
You can read some of my thoughts that I wrote years ago on Silverfall + Earth Awakening...

Silverfall (original) [before Earth Awakening was released]:
Part 1.
Part 2.

Silverfall: Earth Awakening:
Part 1.
Part 2.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Here's hoping for a Daily on Torchlight II. 25% isn't enough to nibble at.[/QUOTE]

If you can find four people who want it for the four-pack and the buyer has IGN + G2PO then it comes out to less than $10 per copy (over 50% off). Debating whether to host it myself...

If you've waited this long you might as well wait a few more days to see if Torchlight 2 gets further discounted as a daily during the course of the Thanksgiving sale.

[quote name='stupidproz1']If you've waited this long you might as well wait a few more days to see if Torchlight 2 gets further discounted as a daily during the course of the Thanksgiving sale.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling it won't. Typically sales places are across the board. Maybe they have a special deal with just steam on the price point...but it may not be cheaper than on GG with all the applicable coupons

[quote name='stupidproz1']If you've waited this long you might as well wait a few more days to see if Torchlight 2 gets further discounted as a daily during the course of the Thanksgiving sale.[/QUOTE]
That's what I'm doing. If I can't get 50% -> 15% -> 5% off, I won't bother. Backlog is too large anyway and I need to start getting selective.

[quote name='MysterD']About Silverfall (original) + Earth Awakening (stand-alone expansion):

MAKE SURE you have BOTH Silverfall (original) + Silverfall: Earth Awakening (stand-alone expansion) and that you do install them TOGETHER right into the same game folder.
Earth Awakening fixes so many technical issues w/ performance improvements; and has a lot of UI and camera fixes and improvements (which is for both games), it ain't even funny.
They (Monte Cristo Game Studios) NEVER patched all of that stuff into the original Silverfall game alone.
You NEED Earth Awakening for all the UI and camera improvements for the Original game!

If you only install the original Silverfall - you'll be missing out on tons of UI and camera improvements that only Earth Awakening gives you that it ain't even funny....
As someone who played Silverfall (original) before Earth Awakening came out, I'm telling you - the differences and improvements are like day and night here.

Earth Awakening is a stand-alone expansion, so you could always play that alone w/out installing Silverfall (original).
You'd have all of the UI fixes, camera fixes, and all of that stuff - b/c that stuff just comes w/ Earth Awakening period.

EDIT - Nov. 18, 2012:
You can read some of my thoughts that I wrote years ago on Silverfall + Earth Awakening...

Part 1.
Part 2.

Part 1.
Part 2.[/QUOTE]

This is why CAG is awesome. Thanks! I might just bite on this because of you!

If anyone purchased assassins creed 3 on gamersgate you get a 50% off coupon which you could use for any other assassins creed title. You can put that towards the complete collection (which includes all the 4 titles now not just the first 3):
http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-ACCC/assassins-creed-complete-collection-bundle
Ended up costing me round $20. (IGN discount wasnt working with this purchase for whatever reason but GTP0 was and it subtracted off the original $44.00)

If anyone would like to purchase this send me a PM or if you're looking to get in on the deal might be worth waiting to see if it becomes a daily deal.

Anybody got their AC 3 keys yet? When I get to my games page on GamersGate, I see "unused serial keys", and two link for download extras, but no key or installation instructions.

Well, got AC3 installed, but my deluxe content is missing...

EDIT: Ok. I figured it out. The same serial you use to activate the game you have to use again in the game (under the extras > redeem code menu) to unlock the additional content. A bit weird and counter-intuitive, but it worked.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Someday Anno 2070 will be at a real enough sale to warrant buying it but today isn't that day.[/QUOTE]

They have been really stingy with sales on that game and it's not like it's new or anything.

I like that style of game well enough that I would have bought it by now if it weren't for the draconian DRM tages layered on top of UPlay.

Oh well, maybe in 2013 or 2014 when they come to their senses and patch out that Tages and put it on a $10 or below sale then I will bite.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']This is why CAG is awesome. Thanks! I might just bite on this because of you![/QUOTE]

[quote name='asheskitty']Silverfall went on my wishlist. I hope to snag the complete version on sale.
[/QUOTE]

I would say if you like ARPG's like Sacred 2, Dungeon Siege 2 + Broken World; and you like steampunk settings...
It's definitely worth playing Silverfall + Earth Awakening.
ESPECIALLY if you can get them real cheap!

I enjoyed the hell out of Silverfall + Earth Awakening.

Just curious - can anyone in the US see Sacred 2 Gold? I was able to buy it for US$5.99 (less my IGN discount). I think it's a special situation where, living in Puerto Rico, I have prices in US$, but some of the region restricted games are available.

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']Just curious - can anyone in the US see Sacred 2 Gold? I was able to buy it for US$5.99 (less my IGN discount). I think it's a special situation where, living in Puerto Rico, I have prices in US$, but some of the region restricted games are available.[/QUOTE]

I believe the way US users have to buy this one is through the UK site. Like it will show up on your shelf, but you have to do it through the .uk address I think.

So I do think this might be a special situation.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I believe the way US users have to buy this one is through the UK site. Like it will show up on your shelf, but you have to do it through the .uk address I think.

So I do think this might be a special situation.[/QUOTE]

This is correct. Living in the US, we just need to hit up gamersgate.co.uk and use our usual GG account and buy it in GBP instead of USD.

[quote name='MysterD']About Silverfall (original) + Earth Awakening (stand-alone expansion):

EDIT - Nov. 18, 2012:

Part 1.
Part 2.

Part 1.
Part 2.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='NeoGutsman']This is why CAG is awesome. Thanks! I might just bite on this because of you![/QUOTE]

[quote name='asheskitty']Silverfall went on my wishlist. I hope to snag the complete version on sale.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']I would say if you like ARPG's like Sacred 2, Dungeon Siege 2 + Broken World; and you like steampunk settings...
It's definitely worth playing Silverfall + Earth Awakening.
ESPECIALLY if you can get them real cheap!

I enjoyed the hell out of Silverfall + Earth Awakening.[/QUOTE]

And now Silverfall Complete is on Steam for $3.74 through the 27th. I snagged it right away. (Unlikely it'll go lower, and I don't want to forget.)

Steam freaked me out with 21+10GBs of download, wound up being just 10GB total. Apparently Earth Awakening is just 224MB on top of the base.

[quote name='Syntax Error']GG managed to troll me by putting Torchlight on sale and getting my hopes up before realizing it wasn't TL 2.

Well played, GamersGate. Well played.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Not only that, but there was a price mistake on TL1. Imagine if TL2 was a daily and it had a price mistake..

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back