GameRUSH/BBV-TRADE 4 GET ANY GAME FOR FREE! UPDATE!

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
You can now get ANY GAME under 69.99 for FREE!!!!

game-over.jpg
Trade games like Kameo, madden 06, nhl 07, PDZ, Viva Pinata, PGR3 for this PROMO! All $10 or less at EB!

[quote name='JnJosh']as stated before...
NCAA 07 Football
Quake 4
Gun
Xbox live arcade
Eragon
all for 360

for Wii
Spongebob krusty krab game[/QUOTE]
So PDZ would work?

[quote name='JnJosh']I called today and they said yes, those should all be worth 10, maybe tenchu worth 15 but they will all resell for 19.99 at the very least.

The only bummer is if your store even has Orange box, good luck on your venture :)[/quote]

Thanks for that. I'll have to swing by over the next couple days.

heh, maybe that means that crappy Legend of Dragon for the Wii and 360 would still work. last time i saw, it was a bargain bin game at Walmart for just over 12 bones.

Anyone think I could trade
Sonic and Secret Rings: Wii
Elebits: Wii
Okami: PS2
Kingdom Hearts 2: PS2

Or would those PS2 not work?

it only works for games they have in stock;

example scenario:

I trade in 4 games (10$ each tiv)
I ask for NHL 08
They do not have NHL 08
I ask for Orange Box
they do not have orange box
I ask for ________ (insert title name here) _______
they do not have _______ (insert title name here) ______

repeat until they have a game in stock you would like. I forgot to ask when it goes till, but i would expect it ending soon, perhaps for DMC4 Turok they will have a trade 4 (for those specific titles).

----------
JOSH NASSO PRO-TIP!!!
Once i purchased SVR2008 with this trade 4 get any, it had a weird noise in the box, sounding like the disc was broken, I gave it back with the recipt and they gave me the full amount of the game, instead of the trades. This could be YMMV, but please, dear gaming gods please, do not abuse this. If you want, say devil may cry 4, purchase a game they have, Kane and Lynch or something, do not open it and return it for store credit and buy when it comes out, but please do not rinse and repeat, they will catch on.

you're welcome.

[quote name='JnJosh']Once i purchased SVR2008 with this trade 4 get any, it had a weird noise in the box, sounding like the disc was broken, I gave it back with the recipt and they gave me the full amount of the game, instead of the trades. This could be YMMV, but please, dear gaming gods please, do not abuse this. If you want, say devil may cry 4, purchase a game they have, Kane and Lynch or something, do not open it and return it for store credit and buy when it comes out, but please do not rinse and repeat, they will catch on.

you're welcome.[/QUOTE]
I asked about this and I was told that they would not give back the store credit and would only give trade-in value of the game. So as JnJosh said this is definitely YMMV

Not sure how much longer it's going on, but I can verify that it worked for me today at the Blockbuster on Dundas St W (Junction) in Toronto. Traded in:

- PGR3
- Perfect Dark: Zero
- The Outfit
- Earth Defense Force 2017

And got a brand new copy of Burnout Paradise for Xbox 360.

In theory you could, but gamecube games are awful in terms of resale value at BBV, I think they do not want to have these games anymore.

Example: Zelda Windwaker is TIV 10$ at EBgames, but not accepted at all for trade-in BBV (at least at the two locations I went).

For PGR 3, watch out not to buy a "Not for resale" copy if you buy it for trade-in.

Some BBV do not want to accept "Not for resale" games and many PGR 3 copies are "not for resale" on the case (bottom left corner) (there is no scan code, so the copy cannot be scanned by a cash register).

I bought a copy myself from EBGames. When I went to trade it at BBV, I was not able to trade it.

My BBV took my NFR Forza 2 without questioning it. I was under the impression NFR is only meant to apply to the original retailer so they don't split up bundles/promos to make extra cash. Once the NFR item has been sold it can be traded-in/sold by the purchaser without issues.

My BBV is pretty good. They take NFR stuff and manually input any game I've lost/thrown out the french instructions for.

It's YMMV I suppose!

I am pretty sure you are right on the interpretation of NFR , but I just wanted to point out that, if you buy a game, take the 5 seconds required to make sure it's not a NFR, it might make your future trade easier.

I called two BBVs in my area, and was wondering if I could use Kameo, Call of Duty 2 and Perfect Dark Zero for trade in 4, but they said they weren't on the list of acceptable games. Is the deal dead? or are some BBVs just not doing it?

[quote name='Frendo']I called two BBVs in my area, and was wondering if I could use Kameo, Call of Duty 2 and Perfect Dark Zero for trade in 4, but they said they weren't on the list of acceptable games. Is the deal dead? or are some BBVs just not doing it?[/quote]

I just used Kameo as part of a trade 4 today towards Burnout Paradise. They might have been misinformed or just didn't want to deal with it over the phone.

In the case of NFR, it might be best to just go ahead and print out another sleeve if you have already purchased the game. I did it with a PGR3 sleeve and had absolutley no problem at all.

Do you guys know if MGS2, MGS3, Devil May Cry 1, or Devil May Cry 3 would work? Also, if the title I want is over 70, could I pay the diffrence?

[quote name='deluga']Also, if the title I want is over 70, could I pay the diffrence?[/QUOTE]
I know that this won't work as I tried it also I don't know if the deal is still on.

Did a trade in today at Blockbuster Victoria BC

XBOX 360

Marvel Ultimate Alliance
X-Men
SplinterCell
Superman Returns

Traded for COD4.Game was not in stock but my account has been noted by store rep.

Ps Keep an eye out @ London Drugs,really cheap games sometimes for 360 and PS3 from $5.00 to $8.00

[quote name='gmac']Did a trade in today at Blockbuster Victoria BC

XBOX 360

Marvel Ultimate Alliance
X-Men
SplinterCell
Superman Returns

Traded for COD4.Game was not in stock but my account has been noted by store rep.

Ps Keep an eye out @ London Drugs,really cheap games sometimes for 360 and PS3 from $5.00 to $8.00[/quote]

which location? btw I think the colwood london drugs is the only one doing that crazy sale on ps3 and 360 games

Just went to blockbuster yesterday, pretty much took all my 360 games including Madden 360 and PGR 3 lol. Only 360 game they wouldnt take was NHL 2k7 lol, dont know why theyd take an 06 over 2k7 but owell still got Super Mario Galaxy.

[quote name='tarroza']So does this deal work at any BBV or ones with Gamerushes only?[/quote]

Any BBV should be doing this, however some don't have games for sale. I know my local one took games in before for COD4 and Assasin's Creed preorders, but never got the games in, so I had to go to a Game Rush with my credit on giftcards.

If anyone is interested I did the trade 4 get any game for free deal at Blockbuster in Brampton, located on Worthington.
I used PPVG's (all X360) from EBGames:
- PGR3 ($6.99)--TIV: $10
- The Outfit ($9.99)--TIV: $10
- NHL 2K7 ($9.89 new)--TIV: $7
- Splinter Cell: Double Agent ($9.99)--TIV: $10

Altogether, full trade-in value was $37, and I got Burnout Paradise for the PS3.
Pretty good deal considering I only spent a little over $40 to get the 4 games =)
Might have to do this again!:D

I tried doing this in Calgary AB and they said the games had to have a minimum trade in amount of $15 or it wouldnt let them enter it. Which doesnt make it much of a deal to trade in 4 games worth $15 for a game priced $60

[quote name='AJD23']If anyone is interested I did the trade 4 get any game for free deal at Blockbuster in Brampton, located on Worthington.
I used PPVG's (all X360) from EBGames:
- PGR3 ($6.99)--TIV: $10
- The Outfit ($9.99)--TIV: $10
- NHL 2K7 ($9.89 new)--TIV: $7
- Splinter Cell: Double Agent ($9.99)--TIV: $10

Altogether, full trade-in value was $37, and I got Burnout Paradise for the PS3.
Pretty good deal considering I only spent a little over $40 to get the 4 games =)
Might have to do this again!:D[/quote]

I may need to do this soon... I want to grab Burnout, Bully and Army of Two (when the latter two come out). I was just at an EB and seriously thought about picking up PGR3 for 7 bucks but with my luck the promo will be over by March.

I'm pretty sure PGR3 is worth 10 bucks at Blockbuster, so as long as you're gonna be something there anyway, you could always just take the 10 bucks and (more than) break even.

You can also reserve games or ask them to put the credit on your account. My BBV is willing to do that for me. You can even get a game and return it for credit....

[quote name='Kiluminati']I tried doing this in Calgary AB and they said the games had to have a minimum trade in amount of $15 or it wouldnt let them enter it. Which doesnt make it much of a deal to trade in 4 games worth $15 for a game priced $60[/quote]

Wow, where in Calgary was that? Clearly a location for people to avoid...

Hi there. I just looked at BlockBuster's website and I can't find the promotion anymore for the trade-in. Do you guys think the promotion is over or is it still on-going? Thanks for replying.

I traded in 8 PS2 games for two brand new X360 games at a GVR location.

I've been assured the deal is still on until at least Sunday.

For those folks trading in PS2 games, can you list them in this thread? I'd like to go gamehunting for some trade fodder and this would really help out.

[quote name='gamer602']guys...itll be on till the end of march. mar.31 RELAX[/quote]

I talked to a few different locations around Toronto and this deal was taken off a while ago. Did the BBV staff tell you it differently?

Ok, thx gamer dude. I guess I'll go back later on this weekend and try to talk to the same employee(s) at the three different locations I went to. I guess I was talking to some new staff members... damn, I should've talked to the manager instead.

NHL 07, King Kong, F4 ROTSS, do not work anymore.

Splinter Cell, Outfit, Project gotham, should work, those are all 9.99 (8.99 with edge card yay) should yield you a title. TMNT should work 9.99 new, Billy the wizard (wii) 9.99 (8.99 edge) should work.

Lets not tell the RFD community unless you want mahjong maniac having family dinner conversations about what games their family should buy and how many rogers videos they should raid tonight.

good luck all, im going to try and get Ao2 :)

[quote name='JnJosh']NHL 07, King Kong, F4 ROTSS, do not work anymore.

Splinter Cell, Outfit, Project gotham, should work, those are all 9.99 (8.99 with edge card yay) should yield you a title. TMNT should work 9.99 new, Billy the wizard (wii) 9.99 (8.99 edge) should work.

Lets not tell the RFD community unless you want mahjong maniac having family dinner conversations about what games their family should buy and how many rogers videos they should raid tonight.

good luck all, im going to try and get Ao2 :)[/quote]

you are so right!

lol

bread's done
Back