Gamerush Deals Thread! (TRADE 3 get PO for $5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoryCubed

CAGiversary!
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR GAMERUSH (pm/post with any suggestions)

If your in the Oklahoma City area stop by my store at Nw 50th and MacArthur (for now). If your a flipper/scammer at least spare my store the crap titles unless its for presales...thanks. If your good I may hook up with with a special "modification" to a current deal that you may greatly enjoy...

Please note in the next few weeks I will be changing stores to Hefner and Rockwell. They needed the help and while I like my store the pay raise was justifiable and my current sm is moving to pittsburg.

Current Deals

Trade 3 games get an extra $5 per game (LAST DAY IS MAY 16!)

Beginning March 15th till May 23rd, trade 3 games get an extra $5 per game. PSP, NDS, GBA, Xbox, Gcube, and PS2 only. No sports games before '04 and no Freestyle Street Soccer, or minigames/demo discs (the usuals). Also be aware some titles that sell for $4.99 may not work either (Haven, Project Eden, etc.) So don't get upset when they don't.

You may be limited to 10 per day though YMMV.

Trade 2 games and get New Releases and Pre-Orders for $29.99 til September 5th (subject to change)

Should go till September 5th. New releases and Preorder games only $29.99 with 2 game trades (see exclusions above or aka the usual).

Buy 1 get 1 50% til close of business May 16

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64. If any employee disagrees they can call my store at 1-700-22-40049 (not many people know about it but it calls the store in the company by the last 5 digits store code).

Buy 1 Preowned game get another 1 for 50% off. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.
Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

Previously buy 2 get 1 free

Several PS1 deals

Buy two new PS1 games, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

Buy any 5 preowned PS1 Games for $20!
Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 10 preowned PS1 games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter
2 out= $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

PAST DEALS (for informational purposes only!)

Pre-order a new game for $34.99 or less when you trade 2 games

Offer expires 03/14/2005. Trade 2 games and receive standard trade value plus get any pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $34.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 or older sports games. Discount valid in the same transaction as games traded. Standard trade value may be used in same or different transaction as pre-order. Offer not valid on DVDs, previously rented movies, pre-owned games or sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Offer not valid on collector’s edition or limited edition pre-order games. Full pre-order amount must be paid in full at time of pre-order. Discount taken at register. Member responsible for applicable taxes. Available at participating stores while supplies last. Subject to trading terms and conditions, see trading brochure for complete details. Games traded without pre-order will receive standard trade value only.

Buy two PS1 games, get 1 PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only.

Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 5 used PS1 games for $20.

Buy 10 PS1 Games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

Buy any game and get it's strategy guide for 20% off.

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Buy any 2 used games and get a game, of equal or lesser value to the lowest price of the 2 games, free.

All New Games and Preorders $29.99 when you Trade 3 Games

Offer expires 1/31/2005. Trade 3 games and receive standard trade value plus get any new release or pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $29.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 sports games or older.

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

What can I trade?

Trading Formats: PSP, DS, Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

ALL STORES WILL BE ACCEPTING PSP MOVIES FOR TRADE AS OF 5/3/05 possibly sooner. (some are in there but not most of the current releases).

Some Credit Values as of
04/12/05 (Credit goes to AzianAsspicker)

Doom3- 35
DBZ Sagas- 35
Dynasty Warriors-35
God of War- 35
Jade Empire-35
BIA: Road to Hill 30- 35
DMC3-30
Fight Night Round2- 30
Gran Turismo 4- 30
NBA Street v3- 30
NFS Underground Rivals- 30
Star Fox: Assault- 30
Star Wars Republic Commando- 30
Tekken 5- 30
Timesplitters Future Perfect- 30
Splinter Cell: C.T.- 30
Tony Hawk Underground 2 RE- 30
Cold Fear- 25
WWE Wrestlemania 21: Become a Legend- 25
Dynasty Warriors- 23
Close Combat: Frist to Fight- 20
DK Junglebeat- 20
Lego Star Wars- 20
Metal Gear Acid- 20
MX vs. ATV Unleased- 20
NBA- 20
Ridge Racer- 20
Stolen- 20
Ghost Recon 2- 20
Twisted Metal: Head-on- 20
Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade- 20
World Soccer tour 2005- 18
Wario Ware: Touched!- 18
MVP Baseball 2005- 15
Pokemon Dash- 12.50
Wario Ware: Twisted- 12
Yoshi Touch & Go- 12
Major League Baseball 2K5- 10
Full Spectrum Warrior- 8
Narc- 8

Accessories:
Ps2- Memory card Sony-15
Ps2- Network Adapter- 15
Ps2- USB Headset *any brand*- 12
Ps2- Dual Shock Controller- 4
XB- S Controller- 16
XB- Microsoft DVD Remote w/ sensor- 15
XB- Memory Card- 4
GC- Nintendo Memory Card 16mb-10
GC- Component Cable- 8
GC- Nintendo Memory Card 4mb- 3

Hardware
PS2 $95
PS2 Slim $95
Xbox $95
DS $85
GBA SP $45
GC $25
PSP $175

Credit goes to video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

This is becoming less common very quickly. Probably down to about 50% accurate.

They Sell/They Buy
$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00

Can't think of anything to pre-order? Here's some ideas that are in the system... Credit to spin 03 and ksuwild25

Note on Game Rush release dates...keeping checking throughout Tuesday and Wednesday as thats when Game Rush gets games usually - never ever trust the Game Rush computer as it still goes by the Blockbuster date for traditional stores to receive their rental games (which is typically Friday).

Unreal Champ. 2 XB
Delta Force Black Hawk XB
Far Cry XB
Darkwatch XB/PS2
Area 51 XB/PS2
Warriors PS2
Dead to Rights II XB/PS2
Killer 7 GC
Destroy All Human PS2/XB
Forza Racing XB
Advent Rising XB
Star Wars Episode III PS2/XB
Conker XB
Jade Empire XB
Rainbox Six XB
Zelda GC
Batman Begins XB/PS2
GTA: SA XB
Madden 2006 XB/PS2
NCAA Footaball 2006
Kingdom Hearts 2 PS2
Final Fantasy XII PS2
Battelfied XB/PS2
Starcraft XB/PS2
Fantastic Four XB/PS2
Hitman Blood Money PS2/XB
Mortal Kombat Shoalin Monk PS2/XB
RE 4 PS2
Gran Turismo PSP
Grand Theft Auto PSP
Socom III (PS2)
Quake IV (PS2/Xbox)
Sid Meir's Pirates (Xbox)
Fire Emblem (GC)
Geist (GC)
The Godfather (PS2/Xbox)

OTHER INFO

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you.

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not always have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (by flipping games) they do have the abillity to ban you from all GameRush locations if they want to (and as I have done but that was only because I was tired of crap PS1...).

Release dates - Go by the shipping date. 9 times out of 10 it is not what the Blockbuster computer says. The computer date is when traditional stores can expect to receive their rental games.

Game Rush receives games typically on Tuesday and Wednesday of the games release. Only reason EB and Gamestop get them a day before is because they get special shipments or their dm picks the games up and brings back that evening (or they are near distribution centers).

Some games have street dates but this is few and far between (outrun 2, halo 2, star wars episode 3, doom 3 are it in the past 6 months).

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

Don't seem to be working anymore...I will put them back up on request(pm) or if they become live again.

Credits

sj41 and waffles 'n' syrup (same person)- Original creator and maintainer of the other GameRush threads. He has made most of the things in this post.
Wshakspear- Told CAG about GameRush.
CoryCubed- Manager at a GameRush that has given us several updates on the deals and other information about GameRush. He will now take place of me (sj41) as the GameRush OP.
drfrielgood- GameRush employee that has been updating us on GameRush information constantly.
Zon27- Nearly every week he has typed and posted the latest trade in prices. Thanks for doing all you can to help us out, even though you're not a GameRush employee.
And everyone else who has contributed to this thread. Thanks guys! :)

Just got back from my local gamerush here in asheville, nc.

All Prices Include the extra $5
Mech Assault 2 : 23.
Halo 2: 21 (x2)
X-Men Legends: 30 (wow)
Fable: 17
Fifa 2005: 19
Outrun 2: 13
Guilty Gear X2 Reload: 12
ESPN NHL 2k5 : 13
------------------------
Total : $169

Just got back from Gamerush, they wouldn't let me double dip. But I picked up Splinter Cell: CT anyway.
Before bonus $5

Hitman 2 xbox $7
DOA: Ultimate $20.00
Metroid Fusion $6

Don't have time to look thru the whole thread but does anyone know the trade in value of Corvette, Ihra Drag Racing 2, Hard Hitter Tennis and Fisherman's Bass Club all for PS2? These are in a 2-pack at Walmart for 9.99/pack. Thank you in advance.

[quote name='eraser813']Don't have time to look thru the whole thread but does anyone know the trade in value of Corvette, Ihra Drag Racing 2, Hard Hitter Tennis and Fisherman's Bass Club all for PS2? These are in a 2-pack at Walmart for 9.99/pack. Thank you in advance.[/QUOTE]
Try using the advanced search. Just search for the name of whatever game you're searching for and view results as posts.

With $5 bonus:
Hard Hitter Tennis - $8
Fisherman's Bass Club - $10
Corvette - $6.50

I couldn't find IHRA Drag Racing, but I couldn't imagine it would be more than $7. At $10 you're pretty much guaranteed to get your money back in trade value after the $5 bonus. Also note that since these 2-packs tend to be traded in a lot, the value may decrease even further or they may be excluded.

this is really weird. i wanted to see how much credit i could get for my doom 3 collectors edition, and they told me 30. they give 35 for the regular one! hopefully they will fix that. really strange

[quote name='badtone']Just got back from my local gamerush here in asheville, nc.

All Prices Include the extra $5
Mech Assault 2 : 23.
Halo 2: 21 (x2)
X-Men Legends: 30 (wow)
Fable: 17
Fifa 2005: 19
Outrun 2: 13
Guilty Gear X2 Reload: 12
ESPN NHL 2k5 : 13
------------------------
Total : $169[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eraser813']Don't have time to look thru the whole thread but does anyone know the trade in value of Corvette, Ihra Drag Racing 2, Hard Hitter Tennis and Fisherman's Bass Club all for PS2? These are in a 2-pack at Walmart for 9.99/pack. Thank you in advance.[/QUOTE]

the two car games are. $1.50 each or $1.99 can't remember.

[quote name='dpatel']Don't know what this is worth but I heard from a good friend of mine that works for blockbuster who said that they are going to eliminate GameRush. He said he overheard his district manager talking about it. He didn't know when though. I'm guessing it will still be at least a few months. I also don't know how reliable this info is either.[/QUOTE]

Not at all reliable... they just did the complete 'retro fit' at the GameRush I shop at ... Huge logo on the front of the store, side of the building, etc...

[quote name='soulwish2003']Not at all reliable... they just did the complete 'retro fit' at the GameRush I shop at ... Huge logo on the front of the store, side of the building, etc...[/QUOTE]

Actually my DM is saying quite the opposite. In some markets Blockbuster is looking at closing even more stores and possibly further down the line just going with their game rush stores (somewhat feasible in okc - there's 36 stores and 11 game rushes)

In case anyone hasn't noticed, Blockbuster is starting to deviate more and more from the usual "table" they use for trade in prices.

Usually most $9.99 games go for $3 yet Van Helsing is now 75 cents but the price just went up to $9.99. Its really weird. This was on countless other titles day when I was checking stuff.

[quote name='dpatel']Don't know what this is worth but I heard from a good friend of mine that works for blockbuster who said that they are going to eliminate GameRush. He said he overheard his district manager talking about it. He didn't know when though. I'm guessing it will still be at least a few months. I also don't know how reliable this info is either.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the one store or something? I hope not all of them. If they do something like that, what would happen to preorders? Not to mention being stuck with all this trade credit - that, at least, could be used at Blockbuster.

[quote name='CoryCubed']In case anyone hasn't noticed, Blockbuster is starting to deviate more and more from the usual "table" they use for trade in prices.

Usually most $9.99 games go for $3 yet Van Helsing is now 75 cents but the price just went up to $9.99. Its really weird. This was on countless other titles day when I was checking stuff.[/QUOTE]

interesting. it seems GR is becoming more up to date with their trade in prices.

do you think that the doom 3 collectors edition only getting 30 in trade in credit (regular gets 35) is something that they will fix? i will want to trade doom 3 in 3-4 weeks, but i am just really curious to why they would give less for the more expensive game

[quote name='CoryCubed']Actually my DM is saying quite the opposite. In some markets Blockbuster is looking at closing even more stores and possibly further down the line just going with their game rush stores (somewhat feasible in okc - there's 36 stores and 11 game rushes)[/QUOTE]

That fits in with what I heard one of employees at my GR talking about - that the GR business is doing much better than the rental business at their one store anyway. Since this is the only GR within 150 miles (but BB are everywhere) it will be interesting to see if they open more GR's here.

I am in Hollywood/Gamecrazy's backyard (OR) and they are all over as well (many Gamecrazy's here especially), but I have just never found a compelling reason to shop or trade there. When I was first looking to trade some stuff back in December, I went to Gamecrazy and they offered me less than $2 each for games like GC Tony Hawk 4, GC Two Towers, etc. I then found the Gamerush that was not even a mile from the Gamecrazy I tried out, but in a shopping center I didn't even know existed on the other side of the freeway - so even though people here were raving about it, it actually took me a while to get there (for a while I had the two mixed up in my head and thought I had gone to Gamerush). They offered me $7 or $8 for the same titles, and this was before any $5 bonus deal. Except for the EB $10 for 2 bonus a few months ago, I have done all my trading and used game buying at Gamerush.

[quote name='drfrielgood']Just a heads up:

These GBA games are dropping in price this week, and the trade-in values will drop as well. So if you've got any of these laying around, trade them in before Tuesday. Kind of sad to see some of old favorites go down! Note: The new trade-in prices are just an estimate from myself.

Dark Arena (was $5, now $2)
Galidor (was $9, now $3-$4)
Operation Armored Liberty (was $11, now $6-$8)
Razor: Freestyle Scooter (was $5, now $2)
V-Rally 3 (was $5, now $2)
Wing Commander: Prophecy (was $12.50, now $6-$8)[/QUOTE]

Just a follow-up... I took my last Wing Commander Prophecy into a regular BB along with a few other games. They had no problem adding the $5 in for all but that one. The computer wouldn't let them, so I'm wondering if the price drop on what they sell it for already happened (but not on the price they trade in for since that was the same $12 as before). Since they didn't know why it was doing that, they gave me a $5 credit on my account. :) I had wanted it on the gift card that I put my trades on so I could use it at Gamerush, but they didn't know how to do that. I would never use my account credit at this BB. However, it turns out they had a new copy of Champions of Norrath, and I was just about to return my $12.50 copy to Best Buy, so I used the credit (and card) on that - sweet!

Also got (no problem with the $5 bonus on these):
PS2 - Powerdrome: still $12, as everyone else is saying
Xbox - Terminator Rise of the Machines: $10
GBA - Wolverine's Revenge: $7

Thank you RadJago for the info and the search tip. I guess I haven't used all the features available in this great,great website! I'll be converting those Walmart games to GR credit/preorders.

I took in my last copies of Galidor, Dark Arena, and Wing Commander Prophecy today, and since the trade in value with the extra $5 would exceed the selling price, I was unable to add the extra five on those games. The trade-in prices will be adjusted downward for these games on Tuesday, making them eligible for the extra $5 once more.

just got back from GR and preordered Gran Turismo 4 for the Psp

traded in these:
transworld surfing (xbox): 6.50
simpson's hit and run (xbox): 13
top spin (xbox): 13

OK, search only brings this one up as being part of the EB exclusion list.
Does anyone know what Kelly Slater Pro Surfer for PS2 would get at GR?

[quote name='spin03']interesting. it seems GR is becoming more up to date with their trade in prices.

do you think that the doom 3 collectors edition only getting 30 in trade in credit (regular gets 35) is something that they will fix? i will want to trade doom 3 in 3-4 weeks, but i am just really curious to why they would give less for the more expensive game[/QUOTE]

If they fix it it will be Tuesday, I'll mention it then at my conference call as well. We had this problem with Mech Assault 2 as well.

Another thing on the "closing Game Rush" thing or whatever.

Labor is really tight in many stores right now and one that I've been hearing is that while the game side is doing well, the movies side is hurting so much that blockbuster is struggling to be able to have game people there as well as movie people. We cut over 40 hours in shifts at my store alone last week.

From my level in the store this somewhat makes sense as we have been very slow yet our trades and presales are still at their best this year. not mention ppg and new games are selling by themselves.

Cory, same at my store. The game side is the strong point, but overall transactions and sales are down from last year. Pretty much everyone's hours are being cut in half to comply with the corporate plan of cutting hours to slow the bleeding. Maybe Blockbuster should look at their internal business processes before they make obviously desperate (and shortsighted) attempts to move out of the red.

[quote name='drfrielgood']Cory, same at my store. The game side is the strong point, but overall transactions and sales are down from last year. Pretty much everyone's hours are being cut in half to comply with the corporate plan of cutting hours to slow the bleeding. Maybe Blockbuster should look at their internal business processes before they make obviously desperate (and shortsighted) attempts to move out of the red.[/QUOTE]

'It' travels down hill... bottom level employees will pay the price with fewer hours...

I was just wondering if they have added Burnout 4 into the system. Also if I get a game from one Gamerush and I have the reciept can I return it to another store, or do I have to exchange it back to the same store?

I know I asked this a few post back, but there was a guy who worked at a Gamerush in Michigan and he said he would do double-dipping? Does anyone remember who that was (I am pretty sure it was in the last Gamerush thread)? Or if anyone know of a GR that still allows double-dipping, let me know!

Traded today:

No extra $5 mine doesn't double dip.
I just did 2 preorders instead, it's a better deal anyway because you basically get $10 extra per game this way towards a new game.

Xbox Fight Club $6
Xbox Hitman Contracts $7 ( traded 2 copies)
Xbox SC:CT $30

preordered: GTA:SA and Conkers

[quote name='jkircos']I was just wondering if they have added Burnout 4 into the system. Also if I get a game from one Gamerush and I have the reciept can I return it to another store, or do I have to exchange it back to the same store?

I know I asked this a few post back, but there was a guy who worked at a Gamerush in Michigan and he said he would do double-dipping? Does anyone remember who that was (I am pretty sure it was in the last Gamerush thread)? Or if anyone know of a GR that still allows double-dipping, let me know![/QUOTE]

i am pretty sure that gamerush added burnout 4 to their system. last friday when i went to make some trade, i could have sworn that i saw it.

if your store lets you double-dip that is fantastic. what it means is you can do both the trade 2 games get any new game or preorder game for 30 and get your credit, along with the trade 3 get an extra 5 per game. if you have 4 games to trade in, you will get an extra 5 bucks on each game, and then the oppurtunity to get a new game for 29.99

[quote name='soulwish2003']'It' travels down hill... bottom level employees will pay the price with fewer hours...[/QUOTE]

oh they are I know some stores in my district that once most their csr's got between 15-25 and now they all have less than 10 hrs this week.

anyone know if gamerush will be getting the tshirts for if you preordered psychonauts? i got one for preordering UC2, i dont really care, but i could use another shirt to sleep in.

[quote name='$hady']Traded today:

No extra $5 mine doesn't double dip.
I just did 2 preorders instead, it's a better deal anyway because you basically get $10 extra per game this way towards a new game.

Xbox Fight Club $6
Xbox Hitman Contracts $7 ( traded 2 copies)
Xbox SC:CT $30

preordered: GTA:SA and Conkers[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear no double dipping, my store is so friggin cool. They even let me get a full refund on a game I've had for about 2 weeks but never opened. I then traded in 3 Constantines (23 each) a couple of digimon (19) and a Xmen Legends (30), and preordered San Andreas (PSP), and got Wipeout + Darkstalkers for 29.99 each.

[quote name='stoned99']Sorry to hear no double dipping, my store is so friggin cool. They even let me get a full refund on a game I've had for about 2 weeks but never opened. I then traded in 3 Constantines (23 each) a couple of digimon (19) and a Xmen Legends (30), and preordered San Andreas (PSP), and got Wipeout + Darkstalkers for 29.99 each.[/QUOTE]

same here. i have 2 gamerushes within 10 minutes of me. the one around the corner from me is terrible. they just got rid of all of their good CSR last week, and they only let you do one deal. when my friend was trading in games, the gamerush person claimed that when you trade 2 games, you get a game for 30, but no credit. i had to show her the fine print. what an idiot

the one 10 minutes away from me is the best. they always get their games the same day as gamestop and eb. they let me double dip and preorder as many games as i want using the 29.99 deal. plus the people are really, really nice. this game store is the reason i have 15 games paid for. they also told me that if i preorder a game for 30, and decide i dont want it, they will give me 50 back. i want to go tomorrow to trade 4 games and preorder forza and a psp game. i might not get forza, and if i dont, i will just get 50 back! :)

just a heads up for you guys:

hot shots golf fore at eb games is 20 bucks, and when you buy it, you get a 20 buck gift card. my gamerush told me i would get 14 for it before the extra 5. also, custom robo gets 12.50 before the extra 5, and costs 10 bucks. for 20 dollars, you would get 2 costum robos and a hotshots golf fore, whick would equal 54 in credit at gamerush.

so let me get this straight.

If you trade in 4 games,
you can get $5 for each game plus any new game for 29.99?

i traded about 6 games last week and bought 2 new games but
they never offered anything about this deal..

can i get refunded?

help greatly appreciated..

[quote name='harunim']so let me get this straight.

If you trade in 4 games,
you can get $5 for each game plus any new game for 29.99?

i traded about 6 games last week and bought 2 new games but
they never offered anything about this deal..

can i get refunded?

help greatly appreciated..[/QUOTE]

you wont be able to get a refund. only some stores let you use both deals. nothing you can do about your trade in credit, but next time you are at gamerush, ask if you can combine deals

Update from tonight (Mon), getting a few more in before any price drops tomorrow. These inlcude the extra $5:

GBA - Medal of Honor: Infiltrator: $7 ($1.99 at CC)
Xbox - Room Zoom: $8 ($4.41 for a re-sealed copy at Fry's - damn thing looked used, glad I hadn't bought it for myself, normally $4.90 - I was being a true cheapass going for the 49 cent discount)
Xbox - Constantine: still a goldmine of $23 ($9.90 at Fry's, though I noticed in one place at Fry's they were marked $14.90, and another $9.90)
Xbox - Digimon Rumble Arena: $19 ($9.90 at Fry's)

Basically, my Fry's has unlimited quantities of Constantine and Digimon for both Xbox and PS2. I really don't want to unload any more on my excellent, friendly, and overall awesome GR location (I have already traded in both a PS2 and Xbox Constantine, and the one Digimon there) so I'll have to find a few other Blockbusters advertising the $5 bonus deal. Sure, I can't preorder there, but I'm running out of things to get anyway. Even though my store double dips, I could only come up with one thing to get: Radiata Story for PS2. I heard about it in the "What did you preorder at GR" thread at CAG. I had never heard of it before that. When I told the guy (this one employee seems to be there every time I go in - how he managed to snag so many hours I'm not sure!) about it he said he'd never heard of it either and will have something new to read about tonight.

The girl working there (first time I've seen her - she informed me that I could get any new game for $30 also - I thanked her for that tidbit! :) ) let me look at their computer to see the entire list of PSP and DS games and I only saw one thing on there that I even remotely wanted but haven't already preordered - the DS Kirby game. But they had that listed at $34.99 so I'd only save $5 with the deal. I guess I could have done it anyway since I did *nothing* with my second pair of games. Oh well, I can add that in next time since I have plenty more games to bring in.

Corycubed, I know you forwarded the request for DS Mario Kart and Animal Crossing to the higher-ups - thanks for that. What about Tales of Legendia? That seems like it ought to be in the system given all the other end of year PS2 releases that are in. Though I asked about Tales, I didn't have the patience or gall to ask her to let me look at the entire PS2 or Cube lists, since they include every title out for each system (in addition to the preorders). I'll wait for someone else to find new things in the system and post it here!

[quote name='gizmogc']Any idea what Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (just game) is worth?[/QUOTE]

Don't know if it drops today, but last week it got me $20 + $5 bonus.

Here is what I have preordered so far if it helps anyone for what is in the system

25 To Life X-Box
Advent Rising X-Box
Advent Shadow PSP
America's Army X-Box
Area 51 (Bonus Midway Arcade Treasures) X-Box
Armored Core: Formula Front PSP
ATV PSP
Batman Begins X-Box
Battlefield Modern Combat X-Box
Burnout 4 Revenge X-Box
Call of Duty 2 X-Box
Capcom Fighting Evolution X-Box
Coded Arms PSP
Conker X-Box (Free DVD)
Darkwatch Curse of the West X-Box
Dead to Rights PSP
Death, Jr. PSP
Delta Force Black Hawk Down X-Box
Destroy All Humans X-Box
Fantastic Four X-Box
Far Cry: Instincts X-Box
Fifa Soccer 2005 PSP
Final Fantasy XII PS2
Forza Motorsport X-Box
Free Running PSP
Geist GC
Ghost In The Shell PSP
Godfather X-Box
Grand Theft Auto: San Andres X-Box
Grand Theft Auto PSP
GT 4 Mobile PSP
Hitman: Blood Money X-Box
Hot Shots Golf PSP
Hulk, Incredible X-Box
Infected PSP
Juiced X-Box
Killer 7 GC
Killzone 2 PS2
Kingdom Hearts II PS2
Legend of Zelda GC
Madden 2006 X-Box
Matrix: Path of Neo Ltd. Ed. X-Box
Medal of Honor: European Assault X-box
Medievil PSP
Midnight Club 3 PSP
Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks X-Box
MVP Baseball 2005 PSP
NBA Street: Showdown PSP
NCAA Football X-Box ($50)
Nintendo Pennant Chase Baseball GC
Pariah X-Box
Psychonauts X-Box
Quake 4 X-Box
Predator: Concrete Jungle X-Box
Rainbow Six: Lockdown X-Box
Red Ninja X-Box
Rengoku: Tower of Purgatory PSP
Resident Evil Outbreak 2 PS2
Scarface X-Box
Sid Meier's Pirates! X-Box
Smart Bomb PSP
Socom III PS2
Starcraft Ghost X-Box
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith X-Box
True Crime 2 X-Box
Unreal Championship 2 (Free Demo) X-Box
Warriors PS2
Wrestlemania 21 X-Box
X-Men Legends 2 X-Box

[quote name='Engineer_J']Here is what I have preordered so far if it helps anyone for what is in the system

25 To Life X-Box
Advent Rising X-Box
Advent Shadow PSP
America's Army X-Box
ATV PSP
[/QUOTE]

That's just through the A's...

Thanks for the list, but GOOD LORD MAN!

You should post this in the Gamerush preorder thread in Deal Discussions & Bragging Rights also - they'll get a kick out of it there.

Wow, that's one CRAZY list....I thought my 5 or 6 games were a decent amount of Pre-Orders. I think I may try to get some XBOX 2 games (wouldn't that be Burnout 4, Quake IV, Madden 2006 and a few others...anyone know a list of XBOX 2 games and are they listed as that or just XBOX?)

I wish I could get some Constantine's cheap....that seems like a good game to get some deals with. Too bad my GR does NOT double-dip...they did once, but that was the first day of the promotion

[quote name='Engineer_J']Here is what I have preordered so far if it helps anyone for what is in the system

25 To Life X-Box
Advent Rising X-Box
Advent Shadow PSP
America's Army X-Box
ATV PSP
Batman Begins X-Box
Battlefield Modern Combat X-Box
Burnout 4 Revenge X-Box
Call of Duty 2 X-Box
Capcom Fighting Evolution X-Box
Coded Arms PSP
Conker X-Box (Free DVD)
Darkwatch Curse of the West X-Box
Dead to Rights PSP
Death, Jr. PSP
Delta Force Black Hawk Down X-Box
Destroy All Humans X-Box
Fantastic Four X-Box
Far Cry: Instincts X-Box
Fifa Soccer 2005 PSP
Final Fantasy XII PS2
Forza Motorsport X-Box
Free Running PSP
Geist GC
Ghost In The Shell PSP
Godfather X-Box
Grand Theft Auto: San Andres X-Box
Grand Theft Auto PSP
GT 4 Mobile PSP
Hitman: Blood Money X-Box
Hot Shots Golf PSP
Hulk, Incredible X-Box
Infected PSP
Juiced X-Box
Killer 7 GC
Killzone 2 PS2
Kingdom Hearts II PS2
Legend of Zelda GC
Madden 2006 X-Box
Matrix: Path of Neo Ltd. Ed. X-Box
Medal of Honor: European Assault X-box
Medievil PSP
Midnight Club 3 PSP
Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks X-Box
MVP Baseball 2005 PSP
NBA Street: Showdown PSP
NCAA Football X-Box ($50)
Nintendo Pennant Chase Baseball GC
Pariah X-Box
Psychonauts X-Box
Quake 4 X-Box
Predator: Concrete Jungle X-Box
Rainbow Six: Lockdown X-Box
Red Ninja X-Box
Rengoku: Tower of Purgatory PSP
Resident Evil Outbreak 2 PS2
Scarface X-Box
Sid Meier's Pirates! X-Box
Smart Bomb PSP
Socom III PS2
Starcraft Ghost X-Box
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith X-Box
True Crime 2 X-Box
Unreal Championship 2 (Free Demo) X-Box
Warriors PS2
Wrestlemania 21 X-Box
X-Men Legends 2 X-Box[/QUOTE]

Even if you lived to be 200 years old, you still wouldn't be able to finish all of those games. ;)

Great score Engineer!! I have about twelve games on pre order between two GRs. The last time I went in to pick up a game the guy thought four games on pre order was insane!! If he only knew.....

Anyone pick up the new Unreal for Xbox yet?

Holy Crap Engineer! If you're using the trade 2 deal, that means you've traded in at least 138 games just to get those pre-orders. I'm guessing you've traded many more than that to get your credit up as well or you are spending a crapload of money. While I applaud your efforts, it kind of makes you wonder how many of those games will be $5 by the time you actually play them. That being said, I have 13 games pre-ordered right now.

[quote name='CoryCubed']In case anyone hasn't noticed, Blockbuster is starting to deviate more and more from the usual "table" they use for trade in prices.

Usually most $9.99 games go for $3 yet Van Helsing is now 75 cents but the price just went up to $9.99. Its really weird. This was on countless other titles day when I was checking stuff.[/QUOTE]

I noticed Enter the Matrix only fetches $0.75 as well, and it normally sells for $6.99. I know the "table" is becoming less reliable now, especially with GBA games seeming to follow an entirely different table. Perhaps you might be able to help me update the table?

[quote name='doubledown']Wow, that's one CRAZY list....I thought my 5 or 6 games were a decent amount of Pre-Orders. I think I may try to get some XBOX 2 games (wouldn't that be Burnout 4, Quake IV, Madden 2006 and a few others...anyone know a list of XBOX 2 games and are they listed as that or just XBOX?)

I wish I could get some Constantine's cheap....that seems like a good game to get some deals with. Too bad my GR does NOT double-dip...they did once, but that was the first day of the promotion[/QUOTE]

holy shit. i thought ksuwild had an amazing list with 25 games. 69 games paid for!!! that is insanity. i must congragulate you. you must either have a lot of games for xbox, ps2, gc that you have held on to, or you bought 100 cheapies at your loccal stores. :) at first i thought the list was all of the games available for PO.

doubledown- here are the xbox 2 games that i know of off the top of my head. they are listed under "xbox" though.

madden 2006
True Crime:SoLA 2
THUG 3
Quake 4
Burnout 4 (not sure if its next gen)
the next need for speed game (not sure if its next gen)

thats it. in about a month or so once i have beat all of the current single player games i am playing (doom 3, jade empire and psychonauts) i will trade them in once they get perfect dark 0 and another good xbox 2 game in their system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back