Gamerush Deals Thread! (TRADE 3 get PO for $5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoryCubed

CAGiversary!
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR GAMERUSH (pm/post with any suggestions)

If your in the Oklahoma City area stop by my store at Nw 50th and MacArthur (for now). If your a flipper/scammer at least spare my store the crap titles unless its for presales...thanks. If your good I may hook up with with a special "modification" to a current deal that you may greatly enjoy...

Please note in the next few weeks I will be changing stores to Hefner and Rockwell. They needed the help and while I like my store the pay raise was justifiable and my current sm is moving to pittsburg.

Current Deals

Trade 3 games get an extra $5 per game (LAST DAY IS MAY 16!)

Beginning March 15th till May 23rd, trade 3 games get an extra $5 per game. PSP, NDS, GBA, Xbox, Gcube, and PS2 only. No sports games before '04 and no Freestyle Street Soccer, or minigames/demo discs (the usuals). Also be aware some titles that sell for $4.99 may not work either (Haven, Project Eden, etc.) So don't get upset when they don't.

You may be limited to 10 per day though YMMV.

Trade 2 games and get New Releases and Pre-Orders for $29.99 til September 5th (subject to change)

Should go till September 5th. New releases and Preorder games only $29.99 with 2 game trades (see exclusions above or aka the usual).

Buy 1 get 1 50% til close of business May 16

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64. If any employee disagrees they can call my store at 1-700-22-40049 (not many people know about it but it calls the store in the company by the last 5 digits store code).

Buy 1 Preowned game get another 1 for 50% off. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.
Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

Previously buy 2 get 1 free

Several PS1 deals

Buy two new PS1 games, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

Buy any 5 preowned PS1 Games for $20!
Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 10 preowned PS1 games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter
2 out= $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

PAST DEALS (for informational purposes only!)

Pre-order a new game for $34.99 or less when you trade 2 games

Offer expires 03/14/2005. Trade 2 games and receive standard trade value plus get any pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $34.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 or older sports games. Discount valid in the same transaction as games traded. Standard trade value may be used in same or different transaction as pre-order. Offer not valid on DVDs, previously rented movies, pre-owned games or sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Offer not valid on collector’s edition or limited edition pre-order games. Full pre-order amount must be paid in full at time of pre-order. Discount taken at register. Member responsible for applicable taxes. Available at participating stores while supplies last. Subject to trading terms and conditions, see trading brochure for complete details. Games traded without pre-order will receive standard trade value only.

Buy two PS1 games, get 1 PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only.

Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 5 used PS1 games for $20.

Buy 10 PS1 Games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

Buy any game and get it's strategy guide for 20% off.

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Buy any 2 used games and get a game, of equal or lesser value to the lowest price of the 2 games, free.

All New Games and Preorders $29.99 when you Trade 3 Games

Offer expires 1/31/2005. Trade 3 games and receive standard trade value plus get any new release or pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $29.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 sports games or older.

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

What can I trade?

Trading Formats: PSP, DS, Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

ALL STORES WILL BE ACCEPTING PSP MOVIES FOR TRADE AS OF 5/3/05 possibly sooner. (some are in there but not most of the current releases).

Some Credit Values as of
04/12/05 (Credit goes to AzianAsspicker)

Doom3- 35
DBZ Sagas- 35
Dynasty Warriors-35
God of War- 35
Jade Empire-35
BIA: Road to Hill 30- 35
DMC3-30
Fight Night Round2- 30
Gran Turismo 4- 30
NBA Street v3- 30
NFS Underground Rivals- 30
Star Fox: Assault- 30
Star Wars Republic Commando- 30
Tekken 5- 30
Timesplitters Future Perfect- 30
Splinter Cell: C.T.- 30
Tony Hawk Underground 2 RE- 30
Cold Fear- 25
WWE Wrestlemania 21: Become a Legend- 25
Dynasty Warriors- 23
Close Combat: Frist to Fight- 20
DK Junglebeat- 20
Lego Star Wars- 20
Metal Gear Acid- 20
MX vs. ATV Unleased- 20
NBA- 20
Ridge Racer- 20
Stolen- 20
Ghost Recon 2- 20
Twisted Metal: Head-on- 20
Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade- 20
World Soccer tour 2005- 18
Wario Ware: Touched!- 18
MVP Baseball 2005- 15
Pokemon Dash- 12.50
Wario Ware: Twisted- 12
Yoshi Touch & Go- 12
Major League Baseball 2K5- 10
Full Spectrum Warrior- 8
Narc- 8

Accessories:
Ps2- Memory card Sony-15
Ps2- Network Adapter- 15
Ps2- USB Headset *any brand*- 12
Ps2- Dual Shock Controller- 4
XB- S Controller- 16
XB- Microsoft DVD Remote w/ sensor- 15
XB- Memory Card- 4
GC- Nintendo Memory Card 16mb-10
GC- Component Cable- 8
GC- Nintendo Memory Card 4mb- 3

Hardware
PS2 $95
PS2 Slim $95
Xbox $95
DS $85
GBA SP $45
GC $25
PSP $175

Credit goes to video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

This is becoming less common very quickly. Probably down to about 50% accurate.

They Sell/They Buy
$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00

Can't think of anything to pre-order? Here's some ideas that are in the system... Credit to spin 03 and ksuwild25

Note on Game Rush release dates...keeping checking throughout Tuesday and Wednesday as thats when Game Rush gets games usually - never ever trust the Game Rush computer as it still goes by the Blockbuster date for traditional stores to receive their rental games (which is typically Friday).

Unreal Champ. 2 XB
Delta Force Black Hawk XB
Far Cry XB
Darkwatch XB/PS2
Area 51 XB/PS2
Warriors PS2
Dead to Rights II XB/PS2
Killer 7 GC
Destroy All Human PS2/XB
Forza Racing XB
Advent Rising XB
Star Wars Episode III PS2/XB
Conker XB
Jade Empire XB
Rainbox Six XB
Zelda GC
Batman Begins XB/PS2
GTA: SA XB
Madden 2006 XB/PS2
NCAA Footaball 2006
Kingdom Hearts 2 PS2
Final Fantasy XII PS2
Battelfied XB/PS2
Starcraft XB/PS2
Fantastic Four XB/PS2
Hitman Blood Money PS2/XB
Mortal Kombat Shoalin Monk PS2/XB
RE 4 PS2
Gran Turismo PSP
Grand Theft Auto PSP
Socom III (PS2)
Quake IV (PS2/Xbox)
Sid Meir's Pirates (Xbox)
Fire Emblem (GC)
Geist (GC)
The Godfather (PS2/Xbox)

OTHER INFO

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you.

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not always have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (by flipping games) they do have the abillity to ban you from all GameRush locations if they want to (and as I have done but that was only because I was tired of crap PS1...).

Release dates - Go by the shipping date. 9 times out of 10 it is not what the Blockbuster computer says. The computer date is when traditional stores can expect to receive their rental games.

Game Rush receives games typically on Tuesday and Wednesday of the games release. Only reason EB and Gamestop get them a day before is because they get special shipments or their dm picks the games up and brings back that evening (or they are near distribution centers).

Some games have street dates but this is few and far between (outrun 2, halo 2, star wars episode 3, doom 3 are it in the past 6 months).

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

Don't seem to be working anymore...I will put them back up on request(pm) or if they become live again.

Credits

sj41 and waffles 'n' syrup (same person)- Original creator and maintainer of the other GameRush threads. He has made most of the things in this post.
Wshakspear- Told CAG about GameRush.
CoryCubed- Manager at a GameRush that has given us several updates on the deals and other information about GameRush. He will now take place of me (sj41) as the GameRush OP.
drfrielgood- GameRush employee that has been updating us on GameRush information constantly.
Zon27- Nearly every week he has typed and posted the latest trade in prices. Thanks for doing all you can to help us out, even though you're not a GameRush employee.
And everyone else who has contributed to this thread. Thanks guys! :)

You can check other stores as well, unless you were planning to use your trade in credit on it... Zookeeper is down to 20 at most other stores as well.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']Yah but some ppl used less than $19.99 to gain $29.99 of GR credit ^_^ :whistle2:\"[/QUOTE]

Here's an example of my zeal for using GR deals getting the better of me. I bought this (Baten Kaitos) using the trade 3 get new for $29.99 deal in January. Well, I haven't even opened the thing yet. By the time I get around to it, it will probably be $19.99 at GR (if they have any left). I have a feeling this will happen to many of the games I've gotten with the $29.99 deal (both new releases and preorders). Oh well, like SOSTrooper says, the $29.99 only cost about $15 in real money, so it's not a big deal either way. Though I did have to blow 3 trade-in games in January, without the $5 bonus, to get the deal then - could have waited until now and not had to trade anything.

[quote name='JSweeney']You can check other stores as well, unless you were planning to use your trade in credit on it... Zookeeper is down to 20 at most other stores as well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I keep seeing it everywhere - but, as you noted, the trade credit is key. I have 2 gift cards (from $5 bonus trades at regular Blockbusters) with WAY more money on them than I am comfortable with in such an ephemeral form. Will burn $19.99 on Zoo Keeper as soon as I get home - hopefully they'll keep them labelled $34.99 and thus won't sell out :D

[quote name='io']Yeah, I keep seeing it everywhere - but, as you noted, the trade credit is key. I have 2 gift cards (from $5 bonus trades at regular Blockbusters) with WAY more money on them than I am comfortable with in such an ephemeral form. Will burn $19.99 on Zoo Keeper as soon as I get home - hopefully they'll keep them labelled $34.99 and thus won't sell out :D[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I thought... but I wanted to make sure you knew of the price change... its one of those nice little puzzle games that is a nice way to while away some time on a plane flight (in concert with other games, of course).

[quote name='Masterkyo']Have anyone in here see any new release ATLUS titles for PS2 at BB GR !![/QUOTE]

blockbuster doesnt usually get any atlus titles in

[quote name='soonerdoc']corey,

do you allow anyone to douple dip the trade 3 five bucks extra and the game for 29.99 at your store in okla city?[/QUOTE]

speaking of double dip I had a nice orange sherbet from braums today with a vanilla cone. It was good.

IO-you are extremely lucky

i was looking at the USED games at my GR, and i saw the xbox version of constantine at the price of $16.99! congrats that you got rid of a bunch of them for 23 in credit. you will probbly only get 7-12 with the bonus now

also, how much credit do you have? just curious

traded these on Monday , all include the $5 bonus:

Xbox Rocky Legends $19 (looks like this one dropped by $4)
Xbox Powerdrome $16 (still holding up nicely!)
GBA Butt Ugly Martians $10

[quote name='spin03']IO-you are extremely lucky

i was looking at the USED games at my GR, and i saw the xbox version of constantine at the price of $16.99! congrats that you got rid of a bunch of them for 23 in credit. you will probbly only get 7-12 with the bonus now

also, how much credit do you have? just curious[/QUOTE]

I didn't trade any Constantine's last week so maybe it dropped then? If not, then definitely tomorrow if the used sale price is $16.99.

[quote name='vgc']Hi, does anyone have an idea what Siren for the PS2 is going for?

Thanks,
VGC[/QUOTE]

Last trade-in price I got for Siren was $8 before the extra $5 but this was a month ago.

Traded my Free Hot Shots Golf PS2 for 19, Mad Trix PS2 only got 1$ so watch out if you are buying used games from ebto trade in. (I will keep my other copies for the trade 3 get any used game for 5$).

Whoever preordered NCAA Football 2006 for GC, looks like you'll have to pick another game. EA's press release for the cover athlete (Desmond Howard) only mentions PS2 and XBox and the site itself only has those two systems as well. I guess it's not making it to GameCube this year.

[quote name='Felder71']Whoever preordered NCAA Football 2006 for GC, looks like you'll have to pick another game. EA's press release for the cover athlete (Desmond Howard) only mentions PS2 and XBox and the site itself only has those two systems as well. I guess it's not making it to GameCube this year.[/QUOTE]

That was me - I can switch it to PS2 if I have to... Though I much prefer the less jaggy GC graphics and the Wavebird...

anyone pick up hotshots golf fore or forza yet? i havent been into work and i just want to know if any other people got to pick theirs up yet?

[quote name='rafissaying']anyone pick up hotshots golf fore or forza yet? i havent been into work and i just want to know if any other people got to pick theirs up yet?[/QUOTE]

We didn't get ours in...I'm betting on tomorrow

[quote name='Felder71']Whoever preordered NCAA Football 2006 for GC, looks like you'll have to pick another game. EA's press release for the cover athlete (Desmond Howard) only mentions PS2 and XBox and the site itself only has those two systems as well. I guess it's not making it to GameCube this year.[/QUOTE]

It will, EA always supports the GC, but usually doesn't say anything about it, just like there is a DS and PSP version coming too

traded in some games today (everything is with the $5 extra except the GBOY one)

unreal championship 2 (xbox) - $40
spliner cell: chaos theory (xbox) - $35
madden 2005 (gba) - $11
mega man zero 3 (gba) - $17
paperboy (gboy) - $1.50

i PO star wars episode III and hot shot golf fore (psp). i was hoping to get $40 for chaos theory but i guess they dropped the price. o well

OK, I called my GR to ask about some trade-in values since I'm travelling and found several $9.99 titles at a Best Buy that I can get for $5 with the "extra-large coupon". They said they won't quote prices over the phone. Is this a new policy, or just something my store is doing? I want to decide what to get based on the prices.

I prefaced my request with that little tidbit so no one would tell me to call them myself. I can't go in because I'm across the country (and there's no GR where I am).

SO, does anyone know what these get? I couldn't find any recent posts with prices for them. I'm particularly concerned that some might be $1.50 titles with no ability to add the $5 bonus.

PS2 - Beyond Good & Evil
PS2 - Midway Arcade Treasures 1
PS2 - Hunter Wayward
PS2 - Polar Express (edit - got this at Target for $5)
PS2 - Max Payne 2
PS2 - Future Tactics (looks like this only got $1.50 earlier - CRUCIAL question, will it be eligible for the $5 bonus?)

Also, and this is just pure curiosity, does anyone know what Constantine dropped to today?

Thanks!

[quote name='io'] They said they won't quote prices over the phone. Is this a new policy, or just something my store is doing?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

It is not a new policy. Unless its something maybe the region is doing or something. I've never heard anything on this and during our rollout we were encouraged to tell them because we do advertise having the best trade in price and will back it up.

Personally I think its a stupid thing and I purposely have not and never will do business with a place that would do that kind of thing and as such I will never do it at my store.

[quote name='rafissaying']

i PO star wars episode III and hot shot golf fore (psp). i was hoping to get $40 for chaos theory but i guess they dropped the price. o well[/QUOTE]

Chaos theory is advertised in the new flyer that came out this Tuesday as $35. So you might see if they can do anything for ya just be nice about it.

[quote name='CoryCubed']Chaos theory is advertised in the new flyer that came out this Tuesday as $35. So you might see if they can do anything for ya just be nice about it.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the input. i might just have to check it out.

[quote name='CoryCubed']It is not a new policy. Unless its something maybe the region is doing or something. I've never heard anything on this and during our rollout we were encouraged to tell them because we do advertise having the best trade in price and will back it up.

Personally I think its a stupid thing and I purposely have not and never will do business with a place that would do that kind of thing and as such I will never do it at my store.[/QUOTE]

I just realized that I'm not even sure it's new at this store - it might be something they've done all along. I'm just used to going in and asking - don't think I ever tried calling before. They've had no problem looking up prices for me in store for games I don't have with me, so I guess I assumed they would do it over the phone. The guy who answered is the one who is usually my bud when I'm in there - but he might not have recognized me over the phone.

Unfortunately I can't take my business elsewhere as this is the only GR within 200 miles. It's a bit annoying, but I'll put up with it as long as I can continue to get great trade-in deals (with double-dipping).

Just a heads up that someone else in the deals forum said there was a new Pac-Man pinball game for GBA that Blockbuster sells for $14.99, which apparently is $5 less than other places. I've never even heard of it, but if they have it when I get back I'm definitely picking it up.

OK, just read the GameSpy review - doesn't sound like a classic, but a decent buy at $8 or so (applying trade profit factor) to keep the kids busy.

http://gba.gamespy.com/gameboy-advance/pac-pinball/602744p1.html

I was curious about Midnight CLub 3 also....I haven't touched it in a while, it's ok...but kinda repetitive and LIVE play was not enough to keep me around.

Also, what does DOOM 3 (LE) get? I may keep it....not sure...since it's "limited" ;)

This probably won't matter to most but I will probably changing stores soon. I've been asked by the higher ups (and offered roughly a 15 % raise). It will be Hefner and Rockwell in Oklahoma City (the busiest one). With my current store manager of 4 years leaving and such i've decided I will probably go. I do think I'll be able to do more there and I will make sure my old one is set to go.

As such I may not be able to post/respond much while I get settled in over there and get it up to speed.

[quote name='CoryCubed']This probably won't matter to most but I will probably changing stores soon. I've been asked by the higher ups (and offered roughly a 15 % raise). It will be Hefner and Rockwell in Oklahoma City (the busiest one). With my current store manager of 4 years leaving and such i've decided I will probably go. I do think I'll be able to do more there and I will make sure my old one is set to go.

As such I may not be able to post/respond much while I get settled in over there and get it up to speed.[/QUOTE] Just hope you can give us a update on the Trade 3 get one for $5, you get your new Map next week right?

[quote name='CoryCubed']Chaos theory is advertised in the new flyer that came out this Tuesday as $35. So you might see if they can do anything for ya just be nice about it.[/QUOTE]

Interesting opertunity to move credit to GS on this one, GS is currently offering 30$ for Chaos Theory until 5/9, so if the new costs 35, I would assume the used is 25-30. Combine this with some other trades to take advantage of the +40% at GS and it looks like a profit making move.

[quote name='stoned99']Interesting opertunity to move credit to GS on this one, GS is currently offering 30$ for Chaos Theory until 5/9, so if the new costs 35, I would assume the used is 25-30. Combine this with some other trades to take advantage of the +40% at GS and it looks like a profit making move.[/QUOTE]

I believe the trade is down to $20 on that, I was at Gamestop today and that 40% deal is BS, I could not find a single trade value above $22, so do the math, an extra 40% gives you an extra $8.80 so $30.80 or about 80 cents above the $30 they normally give with no special, what a joke, marketing like this should be illegal.

Does anyone know what trade in value Burnout 3 has at GR?

Here are some current trade in values as of 5-2-05
Prices are after $5 bonus

Powerdrome Xbox $16
Metal Arms PS2 $10
Sphinx GC $8.50
Big Mutha Trckers PS2 $8
Batman Ris Tzu PS2 $10
Wolverine's Revng GBA $7

Thanks,

vgc

[quote name='doubledown']Also, what does DOOM 3 (LE) get? I may keep it....not sure...since it's "limited" ;)[/QUOTE]

$37 as of yesterday!

[quote name='deadite76']$37 as of yesterday![/QUOTE]

i got 38 for it on monday. guess they dropped it a dollar (before extra 5)

[quote name='Engineer_J']I believe the trade is down to $20 on that, I was at Gamestop today and that 40% deal is BS, I could not find a single trade value above $22, so do the math, an extra 40% gives you an extra $8.80 so $30.80 or about 80 cents above the $30 they normally give with no special, what a joke, marketing like this should be illegal.[/QUOTE]

Thats interesting, I had the guy print out the top 8 games for each category and that was the price he quoted. Wow that would really suck if his list was not accurate.

Just an update. I had not recieved my MAT2 when I picked up Area 51, the guy was clueless.

I called the manager and told her what I was calling for, she said she had it for me already. She had it rubberbanned with my Area 51, apparently someone removed it for some reason or another. So she held on to it for me. So, I got it now!

[quote name='stoned99']Interesting opertunity to move credit to GS on this one, GS is currently offering 30$ for Chaos Theory until 5/9, so if the new costs 35, I would assume the used is 25-30. Combine this with some other trades to take advantage of the +40% at GS and it looks like a profit making move.[/QUOTE]

Oh I got mixed up I thought he meant store credit which is $35 if you trade it at Game Rush. Its still $49.99 new w/o trades at Game Rush.

[quote name='savestheday888']Are those sales on ps1 games still going on?[/QUOTE]

Not sure on the 5 for $20 (I can try it Friday evening).

The buy 2 get 1 free on new ones is still good.

[quote name='tfmguy']Just hope you can give us a update on the Trade 3 get one for $5, you get your new Map next week right?[/QUOTE]

Right. I was thumbing through the small stuff in this map and it is mentioned in this one to as a deal starting the 17th so here's hoping.

Well, Shrike went and closed the CC $1.99 thread and I was just about to post that I found something there today (Bailey's Crossing, DC-VA). It was one of the non-Majecso GBA Midway Arcade Treasures. Anyone know what that gets at GR? Interestingly, I got another one a few days back for $5 at a TRU in Maryland. I'll definitely keep one, but the other goes to GR.

I went to another Best Buy with 3 more "extra-large coupons" and got Strike Force Bowling, Ribbit King, and Metal Arms all for $5 each. I know Metal Arms will get $10 with bonus - any ideas on the rest?

The Target in the same area (Bailey's Crossing) has several $10 tites (GC Azkaban, GC Matrix, PS2 Hobbit, PS2 Polar Express) and some $5 ones (Serious Sam, IHRA Drag racing). I didn't bother with those...

Well, I plan to go to GR on Friday when I get home and bring in all these games I've gathered on this trip (business trips can be CAG-friendly!) and get prices for them all so I'll post again then. I will probably bring 6-7 in and just trade in the 4 best (to do 2 more preorders - now, what to get!?).

[quote name='savestheday888']Anyone know how much Game Rush gives for a playstation 2 system?[/QUOTE]
Last price shown on the gamerush website is $95

And, are they open till midnight, like blockbuster?
At most all the ones that I've been to I've been able to do trades right up until closing time. At some stores that's midnight, at others it's 1am on weekends.

Nothing like doing a massive all-day shopping run and topping it off with a few after midnight trade-ins at blockbuster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back