GameRush drops PS3/Wii Console pre-order plans

chosen1s

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Sorry if this has already been posted. I did a search and found nothing

I just got off the phone with my local Game Rush (called SEVERAL of them to verify). All plans to take pre-orders are cancelled as of today. Stores were told to throw away their "call lists". Launch day will be first come, first served.

This information came today via corporate email to GR stores. Several different stores with employees of varying intelligence and job level told me the same thing. I think it stinks for the people who actually put forth the effort to get on the list.

I too think it stinks to high hell. This will insure that the PS3s/Wiis that come in go to employees, not customers. I wonder if they will sell them at midnight or not.

[quote name='chosen1s']Sorry if this has already been posted. I did a search and found nothing

I just got off the phone with my local Game Rush (called SEVERAL of them to verify). All plans to take pre-orders are cancelled as of today. Stores were told to throw away their "call lists". Launch day will be first come, first served.

This information came today via corporate email to GR stores. Several different stores with employees of varying intelligence and job level told me the same thing. I think it stinks for the people who actually put forth the effort to get on the list.[/QUOTE]

Search came up with nothing?? This belongs in the GR thread, where we've already had a BB employee post similar info. Yours is different (and disappointing) with respect to the "throw away the call list" tidbit. That sucks big time. I was hoping they would at least sell them on launch day in order of the call list. I guess there is still a remote possibility of that (my store tends to be left out of the loop from HQ), but damn... Why are they doing this crap?

Anyway, maybe you ought to repost here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109452

That is the GR thread that USED to be stickied and is kind of where all the current GR info goes (deals, price drops, trade-in values, preorder info, etc).

I just called both of my local BB/GR and and they told me they are still going to be doing pre-orders. I believe the posters on this site more than those knuckleheads, so we'll see.

Just edit the title to say PS3/Wii consoles. I thought this was for all preorders when I first read it.

[quote name='BrandonOne']I too think it stinks to high hell. This will insure that the PS3s/Wiis that come in go to employees, not customers. I wonder if they will sell them at midnight or not.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. Employees at all the Game Rush stores near me have all been bragging that they are numbers 1 & 2 or 1,2, & 3 on the call list to begin with. At least before any of the grubby employees who weren't able to get their name on the list before me would have been out of luck, and when Pre-orders were announced I could have beat any employees who weren't already in the store to the pre-order since I work from home.

I had an idea - do you think there is an email where we can voice our concerns and complaints to Blockbuster? (something more substantial than "[email protected]" would be nice). The stores I spoke with today did say that it is always possible "corporate will change their minds again and allow us to do pre-orders". I think at the very least it makes sense for Blockbuster to say "If we get 10 systems, then the first 10 people on our call list get the system".

[quote name='chosen1s']I had an idea - do you think there is an email where we can voice our concerns and complaints to Blockbuster? (something more substantial than "[email protected]" would be nice). The stores I spoke with today did say that it is always possible "corporate will change their minds again and allow us to do pre-orders". I think at the very least it makes sense for Blockbuster to say "If we get 10 systems, then the first 10 people on our call list get the system".[/QUOTE]

I hope you are right about that last point. I hope they do that ANYWAY even if it is just 2 or 3 systems. And I'm not just saying that because I'm #2 on the call list ;).

Now, my GR tends to stick to the 'rules' hard and fast, so I'm sure they will tell me the call list has been tossed. The only good aspect is that they will most likely enforce a no employee purchase rule as well. They did that with the 360 last year when the employees had preordered - they let all customers in the first 10 get theirs first before the employees. Of course, I missed out on that whole deal, so I'm kind of pissed they would change it up for this launch. What's the big deal - take 6 preorders or 10 or whatever but just MAKE IT CLEAR that they don't know how many will come in and you'll get it when it comes in - might be at launch, 2 weeks after launch, January, or March. As long as they are up front about that who cares what their actual allotment from Sony is?

Selling them the day of launch to the overflow fuckers from the Fry's camping lines isn't going to keep my loyalty, that's for damn sure. They've already been losing me with their late or never-delivered preorder games...

^ I finally talked to a store that agreed to stick with their call list today. Unfortunately I'm only #7 on that list and they said they doubt they'll get more than 3 or 4. The kicker is the guy came right out and said that the first two people were employees, the third person is a former employee. The fourth person is a legitimate customer, then the fifth person is also an employee. He said he wasn't sure if he'd let the employees get the system or not (he was manager) but he did promise to work something out with me if I call a few days before and there are enough systems coming in that I'll have a chance.

[quote name='chosen1s']^ I finally talked to a store that agreed to stick with their call list today. Unfortunately I'm only #7 on that list and they said they doubt they'll get more than 3 or 4. The kicker is the guy came right out and said that the first two people were employees, the third person is a former employee. The fourth person is a legitimate customer, then the fifth person is also an employee. He said he wasn't sure if he'd let the employees get the system or not (he was manager) but he did promise to work something out with me if I call a few days before and there are enough systems coming in that I'll have a chance.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's better than nothing I suppose. Of course, when I went in to my GR tonight they had no clue about preorders at all. They have gotten no new info on them (so they haven't heard any of this). 'Twas what I expected :lol:.

I have to talk to my store....I was #1 on the call-list, I hope they stick with it...we'll see, they are usually pretty cool there.

bread's done
Back