GameRush Thread 12 ($5 bonus on trades? - details soon) (All used PS1 games - $2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
Sales Rumors/Upcoming Deals

There will soon be an additional 300+ items added to the 50% off sale that is currently going on. A list will be made available on here when GR's finally get the email (current expected date 4/20).

Okay, I think I saw the list of new titles that are going to be added to the 50% off clearance, but I'm not 100% certain that's what the list was. Call me 95% sure at this point. The prices for these games will be active tomorrow if they are indeed 50% off.

[quote name='doubledown']Does anyone know what THE OUTFIT gets? I guess there is a price drop...soon or already. I want to maximize my profits.[/QUOTE]

As of last Sunday it was $35.

Does anyone know if new and used accessories that are currently 50% off will be 75% during this Memorial Day weekend? Thanks ahead and sorry if this has been asked already.

I stopped by my GR and some manager (I'm guessing district from the way he was talking to the other managers) was going through the GR section with the store manager and telling him what needed to be changed. One interesting thing of note - he said that he wanted all the sale/clearance items together (he was gesturing towards all the PSP accessories) and that the store had to go through the PS2 titles and pull sale items. Whether or not this means there's going to be another round of clearance games or not I don't know, but that GR does have several PS2 games.

So, after overhearing all that I went to their DS section to see what they had. After seeing that the section wasn't in any type of order at all I started going through the stacks. I soon discovered that the DS games were also mixed in with GBA games. Much to my surprise/shock I found a brand new copy of Phoenix Wright for $30 which I immediately grabbed (it was the only copy).

[quote name='kjauburn']At this point stores have no clue on the number of units they will be receiving for the PS3. We all know the drill here...

5 year old kid - "My brother's girlfriend works at a EB and said they already have the ps3 hidden in the back, but they will only sale it to hobbits or ompalupas..."[/QUOTE]

Of course no stores have exact numbers yet, that would be rediculous, just like your reply.

What I was saying is that they expect there to be less PS3's available than 360...due to a number of factors. As far as the 5-8 number that was his (eb dist manager) projection for HIS store based on what the sony rep has told him so far and what he knows about sony's world wide launch. And based on his prediction that his store will get less PS3's than the 360, I am assuming GR will get slim pickings come launch day (given how little of a player they are in the marketshare).

Nothing is set in stone yet and the specifics have yet to be released but if you think that the supply is going to be better here in america for PS3 than 360 based on launch you are sorely mistaken.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Does anyone know if new and used accessories that are currently 50% off will be 75% during this Memorial Day weekend? Thanks ahead and sorry if this has been asked already.[/QUOTE]

We haven't heard yet and that has me a bit worried. I have a bad feeling we will see nothing happening this weekend...

Well, I talked to the GM, who I'm becoming pretty good friends with, at the GameRush I frequent and it sounds to me like this weekend is going to be a dud. All of the stuff on sale is what's already been on sale. Some of the prices, he said, have dropped simply because of the universal price drops on the games themselves.

All will still just be 50 percent off (not the rumored 75 percent) and NO used games will be on sale.

Oh well, here's hoping the future brings something better -- particularly on the used game and trade-in deals.

[quote name='x_fiddle'] I am assuming GR will get slim pickings come launch day (given how little of a player they are in the marketshare).
[/quote]

Wow your more optmistic then me I am assuming GR will be gone and no longer selling hardware by launch time...

[quote name='awp']Well, I talked to the GM, who I'm becoming pretty good friends with, at the GameRush I frequent and it sounds to me like this weekend is going to be a dud. All of the stuff on sale is what's already been on sale. Some of the prices, he said, have dropped simply because of the universal price drops on the games themselves.

All will still just be 50 percent off (not the rumored 75 percent) and NO used games will be on sale.

Oh well, here's hoping the future brings something better -- particularly on the used game and trade-in deals.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='io']We haven't heard yet and that has me a bit worried. I have a bad feeling we will see nothing happening this weekend...[/QUOTE]

Checked two different GR today, neither of them had any idea of a 75% off sale and couldn't find anything about it in the current store map...doesn't look good :(

I stopped into my local GR, and asked the manager about the upcoming sale, as she always informs me of any good sales that will be hitting soon. She knew nothing about this, so she called her district manager to inquire. They had no information about any GR Memorial Day sale other than the ongoing 50% clearance which has been going on for a while already.

I'm curious as to who actually heard this rumor and if any one has confirmed it.

[quote name='guinaevere']I stopped into my local GR, and asked the manager about the upcoming sale, as she always informs me of any good sales that will be hitting soon. She knew nothing about this, so she called her district manager to inquire. They had no information about any GR Memorial Day sale other than the ongoing 50% clearance which has been going on for a while already.

I'm curious as to who actually heard this rumor and if any one has confirmed it.[/QUOTE]Acutally, I can confirm that I heard that from a Gamerush manager when I bought the 50% off clearance games 3 weeks ago. It could be wrong. Who knows

I've had zero luck selling my DS for actual coin, so I guess I'll hit them and unload it+The Outfit while the getting is good. Trade prices for those and MLB2K6-360/Burnout4 forthcoming - hopefully they're a bit slow on Burnout and I can get the most out of it for now.

Just a heads up....

trade value for Indigo Prophecy(xbox) is $16.00.

Also I noticed that Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood(xbox-NEW) was marked down to $19.99. Is this signs of an across the board price drop?

Well, I plan on trying to trade a few 360 games tomorrow...I'll report back with trade values of OUTFIT, KAMEO, MADDEN. If they low-ball me I'll just keep them.

here are some trade in values as of 5/25/06

ds super mario 64 - $8
ps2 star ocean: til the end of time - $7
xbox blitz the league - $6
xbox ncaa football 06 - $5
ps2 - grand theft auto san andreas - $14

gta san andreas was a surpise.

my gamerush is cracking down on the condition of the discs now.
my gt4 and fable that i was gonna trade in had minor scratches and they wouldnt accept it. never have i seen this before.

[quote name='captainfrizo']So, after overhearing all that I went to their DS section to see what they had. After seeing that the section wasn't in any type of order at all I started going through the stacks. I soon discovered that the DS games were also mixed in with GBA games. Much to my surprise/shock I found a brand new copy of Phoenix Wright for $30 which I immediately grabbed (it was the only copy).[/quote]

Is this actually hard to find since the rerelease? I saw quite a few copies of this when I did the rounds of GameRush stores here in town looking for $2 PSX games. I might have grabbed a couple for Ebay resale if I still had any Gamerush credit. Last time I checked though, they Ebay price was pretty close to retail.

Has anyones GR gotten in Table Tennis for the 360? I checked mine on Thurs. and they said they would have it in today (Fri.). I was at Best Buy yesterday and noticed that they had a sign up saying that you get an extra $5 per xbox360 game you trade in on top of the trade value. Just FYI guys and gals. I know it's the wrong thread but just wanted to give anyone who could use it a heads up.

[quote name='Bezerker']Actually the last bunch have sold for $43-57. I'm guessing the game is rare again...[/QUOTE]

Well, damn, I guess I should have bought that one I saw in the Atlanta GR then...

Gamerush weekend 'tent sale'. Flyers were all over the store. Sale starts Saturday morning. They are moving the 50% games, 4.99 dvd's, and the PS1 games (now 5 for $10!) to a tent in the parking lot... so, nothing to see here.... move along... :)

[quote name='soulwish2003']Gamerush weekend 'tent sale'. Flyers were all over the store. Sale starts Saturday morning. They are moving the 50% games, 4.99 dvd's, and the PS1 games (now 5 for $10!) to a tent in the parking lot... so, nothing to see here.... move along... :)[/QUOTE]
Somehow I doubt they're doing that at the GR I frequent. Most things would be stolen by noon.

[quote name='doubledown']Well, I plan on trying to trade a few 360 games tomorrow...I'll report back with trade values of OUTFIT, KAMEO, MADDEN. If they low-ball me I'll just keep them.[/QUOTE]

Madden is only $10 so might just want to keep it. Outfit was $35 6 days ago though with the recent price drop....I wonder what it is now.

5/26/06 Trade Values

ALL 360 games:
Madden - $10 (Kept it for now)
Kameo - $25 (Gone)
Outfit - $35 STILL! (Gone)

So, traded two games away....probably Ebay Madden

[quote name='doubledown']5/26/06 Trade Values

ALL 360 games:
Kameo - $25 (Gone)

So, traded two games away....probably Ebay Madden[/QUOTE]

Kameo still going for that much so there is a good chance that I can still get $28.50 for my copy of Perfect Dark Zero.

[quote name='eraser813']Has anyones GR gotten in Table Tennis for the 360? I checked mine on Thurs. and they said they would have it in today (Fri.). I was at Best Buy yesterday and noticed that they had a sign up saying that you get an extra $5 per xbox360 game you trade in on top of the trade value. Just FYI guys and gals. I know it's the wrong thread but just wanted to give anyone who could use it a heads up.[/QUOTE]

I checked at mine today, and it wasn't in.

Some trade values

Marc Ecko's CE (Xbox) $24
True Crime NYC CE (Xbox) $6

My GR got Table Tennis in today. So I got that ($39.99) now I'm going to need something to soothe my thumbs because I'll be playing it ALOT! That was the last of my GR credit...sad.... maybe $9.99 Matrix:path of Neo will help me build up credit again if it's still worth $19 on Sunday. As of today,Friday, it still got that much.

[quote name='soulwish2003']Gamerush weekend 'tent sale'. Flyers were all over the store. Sale starts Saturday morning. They are moving the 50% games, 4.99 dvd's, and the PS1 games (now 5 for $10!) to a tent in the parking lot... so, nothing to see here.... move along... :)[/quote]

so 50% is still staying 50% bah

[quote name='soulwish2003']Gamerush weekend 'tent sale'. Flyers were all over the store. Sale starts Saturday morning. They are moving the 50% games, 4.99 dvd's, and the PS1 games (now 5 for $10!) to a tent in the parking lot... so, nothing to see here.... move along... :)[/QUOTE]

My local Blockbuster was doing this today (Fri). A pitiful little tent half out in the rain with their Star Wars and other off-brand controllers and a big 50% off sign on one side, and about 20 DVDs (maybe 2 for $10 or something?) on the other side. It is completely outside the store and around the corner from the door so they can't even monitor it - not that there's anything anyone would want to steal.

As of today (May 26):

PS2 - Matrix Path of Neo: $19
PS2 - Marc Ecko's Getting Up (RE): $19

I've traded a total of 3 CC items so far, so the price matching better go as planned (like it always has, but you never know) :D. I'm a little more worried about not getting the extra 10%, as that is YMMV (despite being CC's policy). But no big deal either way.

Oh, by the way, DragonQuest VIII is now $12. So that's not worth it. I'll be taking that to GameCrazy where it gets $18 with MVP card (guess I'll break down and pay for the stupid card, as more of my trades will go somewhere that actually stocks DS games in quantity and variety).

Gamerush prices change on Tue .
I remember when I got screwed tradind in my GT4 .
It still said 35.00 on the dry erase board , but all I got was 30.00 .
Maybe it was 30 to 25 , I forget , but what I do remember was the guy saying the prices change on Tue .

[quote name='io']My local Blockbuster was doing this today (Fri). A pitiful little tent half out in the rain with their Star Wars and other off-brand controllers and a big 50% off sign on one side, and about 20 DVDs (maybe 2 for $10 or something?) on the other side. It is completely outside the store and around the corner from the door so they can't even monitor it - not that there's anything anyone would want to steal.

As of today (May 26):

I've traded a total of 3 CC items so far, so the price matching better go as planned (like it always has, but you never know) :D. I'm a little more worried about not getting the extra 10%, as that is YMMV (despite being CC's policy). But no big deal either way.

Oh, by the way, DragonQuest VIII is now $12. So that's not worth it. I'll be taking that to GameCrazy where it gets $18 with MVP card (guess I'll break down and pay for the stupid card, as more of my trades will go somewhere that actually stocks DS games in quantity and variety).[/quote]

If you are in the southeast skip taking any games from the CC sale to blockbuster. Take them to Rhino Video Games for the trade 2 qualifying games get 1 free deal. Dragon Quest VII, Getting Up PS2/Xbox, Matrix Path of Neo PS2/Xbox, Infected, and Dragonball Z Sagas NGC all currentlly qualify. Traded in 4 today for Odama New and a used 360 copy of Elder Scrolls Oblivion.

Does Elder Scrolls still trade in for $40 at GR?

[quote name='io']
.[/QUOTE]

It officially looks like these are the only two games worth picking up from CC for Gamerush purposes, and with the apparent Atari price drop, you'd better get them in before Tuesday. Most of the rest of the CC titles get in the $6, $12, or $14 range. I was hoping for at least ONE $24 or $27 big Gamerush winner from this sale, but oh well. But hey, maybe Spyro Orange or something is a secret big earner? :)

[quote name='dinovelvet']It officially looks like these are the only two games worth picking up from CC for Gamerush purposes, and with the apparent Atari price drop, you'd better get them in before Tuesday. Most of the rest of the CC titles get in the $6, $12, or $14 range. I was hoping for at least ONE $24 or $27 big Gamerush winner from this sale, but oh well. But hey, maybe Spyro Orange or something is a secret big earner? :)[/quote]
If you have a Rhino store near you read kjauburn's post at the top of the page. The $ spent at CC could almost be doubled at GR if you flip it at Rhino first.

[quote name='kjauburn']If you are in the southeast skip taking any games from the CC sale to blockbuster. Take them to Rhino Video Games for the trade 2 qualifying games get 1 free deal. Dragon Quest VII, Getting Up PS2/Xbox, Matrix Path of Neo PS2/Xbox, Infected, and Dragonball Z Sagas NGC all currentlly qualify. Traded in 4 today for Odama New and a used 360 copy of Elder Scrolls Oblivion.

Does Elder Scrolls still trade in for $40 at GR?[/QUOTE]

Well, I was in the SE towards the end of last week. Now I'm in the complete opposite corner of the country :D.

Having multiple GR locations (that actually stock DS games) AND Rhino - you guys are lucky.

[quote name='io']Well, I was in the SE towards the end of last week. Now I'm in the complete opposite corner of the country :D.

Having multiple GR locations (that actually stock DS games) AND Rhino - you guys are lucky.[/quote]

Yeah back when GR had a larger selection to choose from and decent selection end of last year we were sitting pretty. Alot of people hate on Rhino, but personally I always loved them for there trade 2 get 1 free deal.

IO you remember which GR you saw Phoenix Wright at last week? I used to see it around quite a bit, of course now that I am looking for it I can't find it.

[quote name='kjauburn']Yeah back when GR had a larger selection to choose from and decent selection end of last year we were sitting pretty. Alot of people hate on Rhino, but personally I always loved them for there trade 2 get 1 free deal.

IO you remember which GR you saw Phoenix Wright at last week? I used to see it around quite a bit, of course now that I am looking for it I can't find it.[/QUOTE]

I think it was the Sugar Hill location on Buford Hwy - way out in the middle of nowhere. I almost got lost and was there just before midnight last Thursday.

I am so hoping for a good deal on used games..All the new games have been picked over that I doubt even at 75% there won't be anything worth it. used is another story... I've been eyeballing a copy of Nocturne and FD18 in mint complete shape. Come on GR... Here's to hoping that there will be a deal next week....

[quote name='jboy']Did anybody's Gamerush get Rogue Trooper in ???[/QUOTE]

That's probably a bit too obscure of a game for them. I was keeping an eye out for Winback 2 but it doesn't look like they got that one in either.

EDIT - I lie! I was in there today, and there it was, Rogue Trooper for the Xbox, price 29.99.

Just looking through the CC 9.99 list again, does anyone know the GR trade-in values for :

American Chopper 2 (PS2/Xbox)...CC had tons of these, seems like this one might be low-key enough to still be holding at $19 or $24? :)

PS2 Harry Potter & Goblet of fire
Xbox GR2 Summit strike

[quote name='doubledown']5/26/06 Trade Values

ALL 360 games:
Kameo - $25 (Gone)

So, traded two games away....probably Ebay Madden[/quote]

Damn, hope the Outfit still trades for $35 tomorrow, I wont be able to stop by till then.

Also, did anyone check if the prices for new copies of Path of Neo or Marc Ecko dropped today? If they haven't dropped the prices for new copies yet, there might be a chance that they'll hold at $19 trade-in through the week.

[quote name='TimTucker']Also, did anyone check if the prices for new copies of Path of Neo or Marc Ecko dropped today? If they haven't dropped the prices for new copies yet, there might be a chance that they'll hold at $19 trade-in through the week.[/QUOTE]

Its been speculated that they will both drop on Tuesday because the new price for the games will be $19.99 everywhere...

[quote name='dinovelvet']Its been speculated that they will both drop on Tuesday because the new price for the games will be $19.99 everywhere...[/QUOTE]

True, but doesn't GR generally drop sale prices on Sundays and trade-in prices on Tuesdays? Thinking that if the sale price drops don't happen until next Sunday, the trade-in prices might not drop until afterwards.

[quote name='TimTucker']True, but doesn't GR generally drop sale prices on Sundays and trade-in prices on Tuesdays? Thinking that if the sale price drops don't happen until next Sunday, the trade-in prices might not drop until afterwards.[/QUOTE]

yeah, you never know how GR are going to do it. I'm going to get my games traded in tomorrow just in case. If it turns out they are still holding up after Tuesday, I might go back to CC for some more. I don't think all those Getting Ups are going anywhere :)

Traded in a Matrix Path of Neo Xbox and picked up an NBA Street V3 GCN and have a couple bucks leftover on my previously empty GR card. Yep, seems the 75% sale we were waiting for didn't come through.

However, I did walk away with a free Harvest Moon sheep and a stack of $1 off coupons for 7-Eleven's new P'eatZZa. Hmm...is this sheep supposed to have rosy cheeks, or did the crazy guys at my GR do more than toss him around? Otherwise, the fellow seems no worse for the wear except for having somewhat dusty/dirty feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back