Gamerush Thread #2 - Trade 2, preorder a game for 29.99 starts 07/19, details inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
New and improved and with less thread crapping (hopefully).

Link to the old thread - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54806

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

Trade in 2 games, preorder any game for 29.99!! (July 19th - ??)

Restrictions and rules below:

[quote name='drfrielgood']Alright, I read the map today and here's some stuff on the new deal:

- As has been said, it starts on July 19th. I cannot remember offhand the date that it ends.

- Trade any 2 games, get any preorder for $29.99. I forgot to check if XBox 360 games are included in the deal, but as most people have already stated, I highly doubt it.

- The two games that are traded in for the deal must retail for at least $7.99 each (preowned price).

- The credit can still be applied towards the $29.99.

[/quote]

Preorder Lists -

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138684&postcount=723 - GC

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138694&postcount=724 - DS

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138704&postcount=725 - PSP

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138721&postcount=726 - PS2

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138727&postcount=727 - XBOX

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1147555&postcount=752 - XBOX 360

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Clearenced out Accessories

[quote name='Shipwreck']

Hip brand Wavebird rechargeable batteries for $.99 and the SP chargers for $1.99.

Blockbuster's in generally are also clearancing out a lot of their electronics for $1.99. This includes a Memorex Scratch Repair kit, Sony earbuds, 25-packs of CD-R's, etc.

[/quote]

I've also seen a Dreamcast VMU for 1.99.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

nice one there, letting the employee tell mention the deal and politely jumping on it. it is much better to let the employee bring up (or make up) deals instead of trying to convince them that deals should be so and so. congrats.

what is the trade in promotion where you can get $13 for Rogue Leader and F-zero?

Sorry, i don't see it in the first post and don't feel like scanning 90 pages worth of posts.

[quote name='gsr']what is the trade in promotion where you can get $13 for Rogue Leader and F-zero?

Sorry, i don't see it in the first post and don't feel like scanning 90 pages worth of posts.[/QUOTE]

By trading two in to preorder a new release up to $49.99 MSRP for $29.99. So you essentially get a $20 bonus ($10 each).

[quote name='kojubat']By trading two in to preorder a new release up to $49.99 MSRP for $29.99. So you essentially get a $20 bonus ($10 each).[/QUOTE]

Okay, so you have to pre-order something. I thought they were doing something like trade 3, get at addn'l $5 or $10 for each one.

Seems we've exhausted most of the games with good return on investment, eh? I'm still looking for a couple more to get Battalion Wars, but I may just give up for now. Though I have a feeling with the crappy used GC selection there, my $10+ in credit and $10 in gift cards won't really be useful for much else.

To those that frequent this thread, I think it's time for a new one, since we're at 90 pages (at 20 posts per page).

I'm putting in my request early to get a new one made.

I went down to pick up my copy of Radiata Stories (which they called me for too...there's a first time for everything! :p)

While down, I went ahead and got some quotes on some games that I was debating about trading in:

Forever Kingdom - $8
Fatal Frame (Xbox) - $7
Fatal Frame II (PS2) - $7
Kuon - $25

I also traded in a few games as well (without the 25%)
Katamari Damacy - $8
Nanobreaker - $12
Arc The Lad: End Of Darkness - $30

I'm still riding the fence about trading Kuon in, but a new Fire Emblem for GC is calling my name. If you can find Kuon, it sells for $20 at Gamestop. With the 25% you should be able to come out a little ahead on the trade-in. Not Echo Night Beyond good, but its good enough :)

I found out GR put a warning on my account.

The reason is that because i've been switching many pre-ordered games to different games.

Its not like i switched to XBOX 360 games, i just changed from lets say
FFXII (PS2) to Burnout Revenge which are same price too.

I think it was this lazy stupid girl at GR who put the hold

Does anyone know how to remove the warning?

you could ask the nice csr to remove it for you, by explaining your situation. I think it might actually have to be a shift lead or even a manager (certain rights and such). Its not like you made them switch the games, right. You asked nicely and the csr did it for you. I think if you explain that you didnt want to wait on a game due to delay, or because you changed your mind (in advance of the game being released), it should be justifiable. You could also mention that you have 30 days to exchange your unopened game for credit anyways, so either way you are going to have such activity on your account. They are making money (or not, but they are making sales) by selling you something/anything.

When I did the trade 2 preorder @ 30 deal, they made me pay up front for the whole game (what the trade-in credit didn't cover). Does your store do this to you too?

I'm pretty sure most stores do that, but I don't know because when I've traded in games, I had enough credit to pay for the whole preorder.

yeah, they should make you pay up front. sometimes, if they are new, they may only make you put a portion down. you pay the difference on pickup. the good thing about paying up front is you feel like you get a free game when you pickup the preorder. the bad thing is you are now short the money for that time period with nothing but a receipt showing you preordered a game.

[quote name='aoLat']Yeah, and make sure not to lose the receipt! (Damn you vacuum cleaner...)[/QUOTE]They told me if I lost the receipt, they can still find it for me in the system. That's nice.

[quote name='banpeikun']When I did the trade 2 preorder @ 30 deal, they made me pay up front for the whole game (what the trade-in credit didn't cover). Does your store do this to you too?[/QUOTE]

Yep, they always do that with that deal....at least for about all 20 of my pre-orders or more.

Ok guys, I have 8 xbox games I want to get rid of. Which place(EB or GR) would give me the best deal?

-Amped
-Knockout Kings 2002
-Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
-Return to Castle Wolfenstein
-Unreal Championship
-The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
-Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
-Deus Ex Invisible War

Those are the games. Im not particularly interested in preordering a new game, thats the only knock on GR. But if I get a great deal, I might as well.

Can anyone part out the deals and tell me which one id be better off with? Id be very grateful, thanks..

Went in to get my Xbox Rainbow Six Lockdown pre-order, and was not given a Pandora Tomorrow. I asked about it but the girl working there was clearly not 'the Game person' and she ended up phoning somebody about it. Then she went looking around and eventually hands over a PS2 Pandora Tomorrow. I said it was supposed to be Xbox but she said it was all they had. I did consider kicking up a stink and asking to speak to someone else about it, but what the hell. I already have Pandora Tomorrow anyway, and only wanted another one for trade purposes, LOL.

...scrolling back a few pages... OK, nothing...

BREAKING NEWS

The following games are NOW in the preorder system:

GC - Super Mario Strikers
NDS - Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
NDS - Metroid Prime Pinball

First I asked about Mario Party 7 and it wasn't in there so I was pretty shocked when SMS showed up - and then the 2 DS games which I asked about next. I didn't bother asking about any more since that was enough for the 6 games I brought in to trade. But I'm sure there were other DS/GC games added. Keep asking!

SMS of course is a $49.99 game. The 2 DS games are $34.99 but since I would have definitely bought those anyway with GR credit the $5 savings is nice (especially since I was able to combine with the 25% bonus deal).

Did the following trades, before bonus:

PS2 - Shadow Hearts Covenant: $10 (I bought this used at GR and never played it but I just got a new copy at Target for $7.50 so I traded in the used one, at a loss in credit actually - or I could pretend I traded in the new one and made a few $$ :D)
PS2 - Neo Contra: $8
PS2 - ESPN College Hoops 2K5: $6
PS2 - Ghost in the Shell: $15.75
GC - Fifa Street: $15.75
Xbox - Galleon: $20

Those paid for all 3 preorders with a few bucks to spare. Sweet... Will be sad to see the 25% bonus going away. They didn't know what deals were coming up but said a GR bigwig told them the preorder deal would start applying to new (already released) games soon (like it used to). Haven't heard that one yet here... I'm skeptical, but we'll see.

[quote name='shipwreck']PS2 games no longer have the sticker on the top of them, so it is very likely that you got a new copy that just got beat up in shipping.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know why they are doing that? That makes it much more difficult to prove that EB is shrink wrapping the games themselves. Or that crazy ebay woman is shrink wrapping used games as new.

isnt it easy to tell a professional, factory shrink wrap from some lame ass attempt to pass used off as new. if not, damn it all to hell.

[quote name='nakanenui']isnt it easy to tell a professional, factory shrink wrap from some lame ass attempt to pass used off as new. if not, damn it all to hell.[/QUOTE]

factory shrinkwrapped games come in a nicely folded bag, reshrinkwrapped games come in a bag with no folds

Just got back from trading, here are the values I got:
Xbox Doom CE $37.50
Ps2 Katamari Damacy $10
Cube Mario Superstar Baseball $40

All include the 25% bonus.

[quote name='Americanpierg']factory shrinkwrapped games come in a nicely folded bag, reshrinkwrapped games come in a bag with no folds[/QUOTE]

That's not always true anymore either. Microsoft games, for example, often use the "no folds" method of shrinkwrapping for a lot of Xbox games now. I can't remember if I've seen any PS2 games using this method yet though.

[quote name='eraser813']Just got back from trading, here are the values I got:

QUOTE]

^^^ Why on earth? Sorry, but this one's a keeper in my house :D.

Anyway, here's some values I was quoted today:
PS2 - Narc: $8
PS2 - ESPN NBA 2K5: $5.25
PS2 - Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance: $8
PS2 - Rainbow Six 3: $3

These are all $5 games at (most) Target's now...

[quote name='io'][quote name='eraser813']Just got back from trading, here are the values I got:

QUOTE]

^^^ Why on earth? Sorry, but this one's a keeper in my house :D.

Anyway, here's some values I was quoted today:
PS2 - Narc: $8
PS2 - ESPN NBA 2K5: $5.25
PS2 - Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance: $8
PS2 - Rainbow Six 3: $3

These are all $5 games at (most) Target's now...[/QUOTE]

$40 isn't bad...especially if you don't have any friends who will play against you. I think my friends rather bust out the saturn bomberman.

[quote name='aoLat']Thanks for the prices io.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome - though it isn't the pricing that is big news - it is that they FINALLY added Super Mario Strikers (and those DS games) to the preorder list!

Just mentioning it again in case anyone missed it behind the shrinkwrap posts :D - get those Super Mario Strikers preorders done this weekend before the 25% bonus deal goes away!

[quote name='shipwreck']Super Mario plays soccer. What will they think of next?[/QUOTE]

super mario plays gol...errr...
super mario plays tenn... um...
super mario plays basketball! there ya go! :cool:

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']super mario plays gol...errr...
super mario plays basketball! there ya go! :cool:[/QUOTE]

Already been done in NBA Street Vol 3 :p

Well, of course, there's already a bit of that in NBA Street Vol. 3, but I wouldn't mind seeing Nintendo make a true Mario Basketball game. In fact, that's a very good idea - but make it a Revolution game...

And what about Mario Football (as in American football)? Maybe not such a big seller in Japan though.

Personally I prefer playing the Mario sports games to the real sports sims. I keep buying the real sports sims when I can find them cheap, but eventually end up trading them into GR when I never get around to playing them :D. I did this with Madden '04 and NCAA Football '04. I have $5 copies of NCAA Basketball 2K5 and NBA 2K5 from Target, and NCAA Football 2005 from Best Buy - I'm going to hold on to those I think. I'll probably never play them though. I haven't even gotten around to playing NBA Street Vol. 3 which I preordered at GR. Oh, and I haven't played my PSP NFL Street either - though I got that during the $5 PO deal so I don't feel like it is losing value if I let it sit there :D.

I played Mario Baseball for 3 hours last night (that 3rd tourney is pretty tough!).

[quote name='Roufuss']Already been done in NBA Street Vol 3 :p[/QUOTE]

:oops: i should've thought of something more obscure like rugby hehe. imagine a bruised and battered mario :)

If you count NBA Street 3 for GC, he already plays basketball. Hockey or boxing gets my vote.

Traded (prices before bonus):

Dynasty Warriors V (PS2) - $30
NFSU2 (GC) - $25
Metroid Prime (GC) - $5
ESPN NFL 2K5 (PS2) - $3
ESPN NCAA Basketball 2K5 - $3

Preordered DDR Mario Mix.

[quote name='IndyDad']If you count NBA Street 3 for GC, he already plays basketball. Hockey or boxing gets my vote.

ESPN NCAA Basketball 2K5 - $3

Preordered DDR Mario Mix.[/QUOTE]

Hockey - now that would be a good one. Though I'd prefer a full Mario Basketball first - seems there's the most potential there for gimmick courts and Mario powers...

Edit - oh, and don't forget, Mario will be snowboarding in the new SSX game :D. It was enough to make me put down a preorder (that and the fact that at the time there was nothing else I wanted).

Anyway, I'm curious about the trade-in price above. I got $6 for ESPN College Hoops 2K5 last night (traded one, kept the other). Either prices changed from Thurs to Fri or this is one of those regional price differences (which we've only seen before on Gran Turismo 4). Or did you mean ESPN NCAA Football 2K5?

IO, did the add Super Mario 2 for DS to the system? I have 2 games I need to trade, and if I can get $5 off of that, that would be really good.

[quote name='aaa']IO, did the add Super Mario 2 for DS to the system? I have 2 games I need to trade, and if I can get $5 off of that, that would be really good.[/QUOTE]

I didn't check that one - as I said, I was so shocked that 3 of the 4 I asked for were in there I stopped at that point. Someone should definitely check (I will next time I'm in which won't be till Sunday probably) though. I would tend to think that it will not be in there, since it is not being released this year - it didn't just get a name and firm release date like the Mario & Luigi game did for example.

Of course, they seem to have no problem adding obscure PS2 and PSP games with vague, far-off release times to the system. There's definitely a little anti-Nintendo bias in their preorder selection.

[quote name='doubledown']So, are the XBOX360 games $50 (MS ones)?

I'll have to trade in before Tuesday[/QUOTE]

I checked PDZ's price today, and it was still 59.99, so I'm assuming the others are still 59.99 too.

Thanks...that was quick.

I have about 6 games to trade in, I'm debating if I want to trade them all in or save some for a possible future 360 trade-in deal (I doubt we'll see one until after release...but you never know)

I would like to pre-order something new, but nothing intrigues me lately for XBOX and PSP. I guess I may just trade all of them in.

Do you know if they take ACTION REPLAY's there? I don't really have a use for it after I d/l my rosters for NCAA (if so, how mucu do they give? Do you need the CD and packaging?)

[quote name='doubledown']Thanks...that was quick.

I have about 6 games to trade in, I'm debating if I want to trade them all in or save some for a possible future 360 trade-in deal (I doubt we'll see one until after release...but you never know)

[/QUOTE]

Preorder something far off like Zelda or Final Fantasy XII to take advantage of the 25% bonus, and then switch it later for one of the Xbox360 games if/when they drop to $49.99 (since you are assuming you could preorder $49.99 Xbox360 games now if they dropped the prices you should be able to do it later just as well). I'm probably going to preorder 2 more Zelda's this weekend if there's nothing else I want in the system and then just try to switch them when things get added later. They can't complain about getting stuck with extra Zelda's if I switch them in the next few months - we probably won't even have a new release date for Zelda by then - so they definitely won't have ordered them yet (the main gripe my GR's manager has with switching preorders).

ksuwild25 - As for Mario Volleyball - no, not yet, but there's ANOTHER good idea. :D

Edit - Hey, what about Mario Bowling! :D

So many more games to preorder... so few games to trade in. I'm gonna have to check TRU again this weekend, see if I missed something. If I could score a Galleon or Druaga, I might get another, but no luck so far.

[quote name='doubledown']Thanks...that was quick.

I would like to pre-order something new, but nothing intrigues me lately for XBOX and PSP. I guess I may just trade all of them in.

Do you know if they take ACTION REPLAY's there? I don't really have a use for it after I d/l my rosters for NCAA (if so, how mucu do they give? Do you need the CD and packaging?)[/QUOTE]

I was going to mention the PDZ price when I made my original post, but I forgot to when I read all of this Mario stuff (btw io, mario bowling is a good idea as well). I also asked if they had a pdz collector's edition in their system since I thought he might be reading the CE price, but they said they only had one in their system that just said Perfect Dark Zero.

I would also do what io said and just preorder something with a release date past the 360 games. If you aren't able to switch them, you should easily be able to sell a new game for $40-50 or just trade it back in and use it towards another deal. Or if you think they might hassle you for switching I would recommend LA Rush and Prince of Persia 3. LA is suppose to come out next month and it looks like it comes with a free MAT 3 game which should trade in at about $7 or 8, plus hopefully by next month there will be a better outlook regarding the 360 situation. I would assume by then GR will also have switched the MS published titles to $49.99, even though I still expect to run into problems in trying to use them in any type of deal. So basically if the preorder deal is still around you can manually switch your preorder by trading in L.A. Rush and MAT 3 or use them towards another deal they may have. And then PoP 3 is basically the exact same thing as LA Rush. The first PoP came with a free Splinter Cell, and Ubisoft has been on a roll with free games so I'm assuming PoP 3 will get the same treatment. Unfortunately PoP 3 comes out 12/1 according to ebgames, so it will probably be a stretch that the preorder is still around. On the positive side there might be some type of 360 deal by then.

I know I will be trying this to see if I can get PGR3 since I have a few extra games and I'm not really interested in anything else that I haven't preordered already except Fire Emblem. I know I bugged my GR forever about that Fire Emblem problem they use to have, and now it's taking me forever to actually get up there and get it preordered now that they have it in the system.

[quote name='io']

Anyway, I'm curious about the trade-in price above. I got $6 for ESPN College Hoops 2K5 last night (traded one, kept the other). Either prices changed from Thurs to Fri or this is one of those regional price differences (which we've only seen before on Gran Turismo 4). Or did you mean ESPN NCAA Football 2K5?[/QUOTE]

My bad . . . forgot the XBOX designation. It should have read:

ESPN: College Hoops 2K5 (XBOX) - $3.

Thanks for the suggestions. I may just get the 25% bonus instead of a preorder. I think I can build up more credit that way....we'll see. They sometimes give me crap when trying to switch a pre-order....although, I only tried once

Mario Hunting

Mario, Luigi and the Princess could pack up their rifles and hunt down Yoshi and friends! I'd definetly buy that game! :D

Hot Mario

Why should Grand Theft Auto have all the fun? Hot Coffee Mario!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back