Gamerush Thread #2 - Trade 2, preorder a game for 29.99 starts 07/19, details inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
New and improved and with less thread crapping (hopefully).

Link to the old thread - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54806

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

Trade in 2 games, preorder any game for 29.99!! (July 19th - ??)

Restrictions and rules below:

[quote name='drfrielgood']Alright, I read the map today and here's some stuff on the new deal:

- As has been said, it starts on July 19th. I cannot remember offhand the date that it ends.

- Trade any 2 games, get any preorder for $29.99. I forgot to check if XBox 360 games are included in the deal, but as most people have already stated, I highly doubt it.

- The two games that are traded in for the deal must retail for at least $7.99 each (preowned price).

- The credit can still be applied towards the $29.99.

[/quote]

Preorder Lists -

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138684&postcount=723 - GC

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138694&postcount=724 - DS

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138704&postcount=725 - PSP

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138721&postcount=726 - PS2

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138727&postcount=727 - XBOX

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1147555&postcount=752 - XBOX 360

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Clearenced out Accessories

[quote name='Shipwreck']

Hip brand Wavebird rechargeable batteries for $.99 and the SP chargers for $1.99.

Blockbuster's in generally are also clearancing out a lot of their electronics for $1.99. This includes a Memorex Scratch Repair kit, Sony earbuds, 25-packs of CD-R's, etc.

[/quote]

I've also seen a Dreamcast VMU for 1.99.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

[quote name='andrew333']i definitely am not the smartest man alive, last year i had about the same number of pre-orders but didn't open them right away (for example, metal gear solid 3 -- i actually did open and start playing, i never got really into it but i did not want to give it up because i was sure i would play it, by the time i got around to wanting to play it, i could have picked it up for $15 to 20 - thus a CAUTIONARY tale), my advice don't get so buried in games that by the time you get around to playing them they are trading in at $10 or less

as for the 50 buck games always trading back at $35, i don't think it is a firm rule, sometimes they even start lower (say at $30) before jumping the next week to $35, one thing you can do is not open the game until you see a $35 trade-in and, if it doesn't happen, return it unopened and pre-order something else[/QUOTE]

Well, I've worked out the math, and it turns out that if use your used game trades to predorder games just to trade back when they come in for $35, you will make an extra 1.61 cents credit on each game...lol yea it sounded better at the time. Btw this takes into account the 6 percent sales tax in Michigan.

[quote name='Americanpierg']Well, I've worked out the math, and it turns out that if use your used game trades to predorder games just to trade back when they come in for $35, you will make an extra 1.61 cents credit on each game...lol yea it sounded better at the time. Btw this takes into account the 6 percent sales tax in Michigan.[/QUOTE]

i think it's a little better out here, generally the pre-order price with tax turns out to be $32.45 so the profit = $2.55 + you get to rip open and play a brand new game that you hopefully had interest in + you get to pay for some portion of said game using trade credit from a game you are no longer interested in :)

[quote name='andrew333']i think it's a little better out here, generally the pre-order price with tax turns out to be $32.45 so the profit = $2.55 + you get to rip open and play a brand new game that you hopefully had interest in + you get to pay for some portion of said game using trade credit from a game you are no longer interested in :)[/QUOTE]

You forgot to divide that number in half...so your profit on each game would be 1.28 cents...personally i don't think its worth the trouble, unless you can find people who wants to buy newly released games from you for 45 or something...then you can make some real profit if you have worthless games laying around. I guess gamerush did it's homework this time around.

ALSO, do i have to pick up my preorder at the same store that i did the preorder from, or can i go to any gamerush.

[quote name='Americanpierg']You forgot to divide that number in half...so your profit on each game would be 1.28 cents...personally i don't think its worth the trouble, unless you can find people who wants to buy newly released games from you for 45 or something...then you can make some real profit if you have worthless games laying around. I guess gamerush did it's homework this time around.

ALSO, do i have to pick up my preorder at the same store that i did the preorder from, or can i go to any gamerush.[/QUOTE]

not sure where you are getting the divide in half thing, just because you need 2 games to do a pre-order doesn't factor in (if it did, you should probably add 11 bux profit per game to get to straight retail), the $2.55 profit really comes from credit received over credit used -- of course the flaw in adding the 11 dollars per trade-in as profit comes from the fact that nobody (i hope) looking at these boards would pay straight retail for a game

plus you are forgetting the intangible benefits of actually playing the game and being able to pay with usually generous trade credit

gotta pick up from the gr you ordered at

[quote name='andrew333']not sure where you are getting the divide in half thing, just because you need 2 games to do a pre-order doesn't factor in (if it did, you should probably add 11 bux profit per game to get to straight retail), the $2.55 profit really comes from credit received over credit used -- of course the flaw in adding the 11 dollars per trade-in as profit comes from the fact that nobody (i hope) looking at these boards would pay straight retail for a game

plus you are forgetting the intangible benefits of actually playing the game and being able to pay with usually generous trade credit

gotta pick up from the gr you ordered at[/QUOTE]

Oh... well you were showing overall profit from one preorder, i was showing individual profit from a single game...either way, its not worth the effort and better to just trade it in for straight credit

One more question, how many preorders of the same game can you make? And if you make a preorder from one store, can you preorder it at a different store, ie are the gamerush computers linked?

[quote name='Americanpierg']Oh... well you were showing overall profit from one preorder, i was showing individual profit from a single game...either way, its not worth the effort and better to just trade it in for straight credit

One more question, how many preorders of the same game can you make? And if you make a preorder from one store, can you preorder it at a different store, ie are the gamerush computers linked?[/QUOTE]

on the former, i would disagree

as to the latter, i don't think there is a limit as to pre-ordering the same game (there is a limit on trading the same games in), plus getting pre-orders seems to be something of which gr is very desirous so my guess is you wouldn't have problems, you could also go store to store if you really wanted to be safe and not appear like a dealer of games

I'm amazed that there isn't a bigger deal being made here about the 99 cent retro games. This is an amazing deal if you find a store with a good stock. The GR in Orange City, FL had about 30 which I managed to pick up...a lot of games which I used to have but traded for pennies during previous fits of madness. I managed to pick up Sonic 1-3 Genesis, Mario World SNES, RC Pro Am NES [!], plus many others. All for 99 cents, and with the buy-2-get-1 they actually come out to 66 cents a piece.

I was like a kid in a candy store...finding 66 cent candy amongst the reams of crap. You really can't beat the price.

[quote name='mgreig']I'm amazed that there isn't a bigger deal being made here about the 99 cent retro games. This is an amazing deal if you find a store with a good stock. The GR in Orange City, FL had about 30 which I managed to pick up...a lot of games which I used to have but traded for pennies during previous fits of madness. I managed to pick up Sonic 1-3 Genesis, Mario World SNES, RC Pro Am NES [!], plus many others. All for 99 cents, and with the buy-2-get-1 they actually come out to 66 cents a piece.

I was like a kid in a candy store...finding 66 cent candy amongst the reams of crap. You really can't beat the price.[/QUOTE]

My Gamerush has two or three Genesis games, and a couple Gameboy games. And that's it. All the NES and SNES (all ten or so crappy ones) went out when they first put that sale up, I think.

[quote name='andrew333'](there is a limit on trading the same games in)[/QUOTE]

3 questions

Can you still preorder madden? I called a couple stores and 2 told me yes and 2 told me no, which should i believe? Is it YMMV or are the preorders linked throughout all the computers.

How many copies of the same game can you trade in at once?

Also for example would madden 05 for xbox count as the same game as madden 05 for ps2 when trading the game in?

I hope they don't force us to buy a warranty with the 360 here....I can deal with a system/game bundle. I guess it depends how much they want to charge for a warranty and what it covers....I still may do it since I have credit here.

Now, what to preorder tomorrow when I pick up Madden....hmmmm??!??

A couple of trade-in prices that I checked today:

Dead To Rights II (Xbox) - $20.25
Xenosaga II (PS2) - $11.25
PSP Hardware - $175

[quote name='doubledown']I hope they don't force us to buy a warranty with the 360 here....I can deal with a system/game bundle. I guess it depends how much they want to charge for a warranty and what it covers....I still may do it since I have credit here.

Now, what to preorder tomorrow when I pick up Madden....hmmmm??!??[/QUOTE]
I'll say Shadow of the Collossus. I have to preorder that too. It's from the creators of ICO, so it depends on you then. If not, you could always go with Darkwatch. I heard it's only 6 hours long (from EGM) and then you just play it, trade it in, and preorder another game. That is what I did with Killer7 when I passed it, beaten it in killer8 mode, and did everything.

[quote name='shipwreck']A couple of trade-in prices that I checked today:

PSP Hardware - $175[/QUOTE]

Haha, i just went in and traded my PSP today. I havnt touched it in about 2 months, so i jumped when gamerush raised the credit from 155 to 175. Im glad it did too, because i was about to trade it to gamestop for 175...and id rather have credit at gamerush.

[quote name='doubledown']I hope they don't force us to buy a warranty with the 360 here....I can deal with a system/game bundle. I guess it depends how much they want to charge for a warranty and what it covers....I still may do it since I have credit here.

Now, what to preorder tomorrow when I pick up Madden....hmmmm??!??[/QUOTE]

i like the warranty as part of the bundle (of course depending on price and coverage), now the game part i do have an issue with because i don't want to be forced to spend $60 on a game (maybe even a game i am not that interested)

don't get shadow of the colossus because i think it's going to be a quick beat plus it's supposed to retail for $40, i say go darkwatch -- it's $50 plus there is an online component

I played Darkwatch...the demo that is, not overly impressed. I have enough FPS right now and on order. I'm looking for 2-3 games (xbox & psp only)

I'm thinking maybe Burnout Legends or X-MEN II for PSP (does GameRush have any of the new EA Sports games on pre-order for PSP...like NHL or NBA?) I really wanted to get a $50 PSP game to maximize the deal.

Possibly Warriors on XBOX...or something else...I already have 10 pre-orders.

[quote name='shipwreck']A couple of trade-in prices that I checked today:

PSP Hardware - $175[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the trade-in prices. I was wondering what those 2 games fetched since Best Buy just marked them down to 19.99.

[quote name='doubledown']I played Darkwatch...the demo that is, not overly impressed. I have enough FPS right now and on order. I'm looking for 2-3 games (xbox & psp only)

I'm thinking maybe Burnout Legends or X-MEN II for PSP (does GameRush have any of the new EA Sports games on pre-order for PSP...like NHL or NBA?) I really wanted to get a $50 PSP game to maximize the deal.

Possibly Warriors on XBOX...or something else...I already have 10 pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

i did xmen2 for psp, i didn't want to do burnout legends since i don't like racing games on the psp, i just think the psp is best for games that don't require too precise of handling

Well I just got back from my GR in MI, (9 Mile and Middlebelt, Farmington) and the guy there said the games have to retail used for at least $17.99 unless I heard wrongly, it could be $7.99 but that isn't very much of a deal to me. I tried to trade in my two copies of Freestyle Street Soccer with the matched www.wherehouse.com price, but he said he wouldn't do it. What a joke.

With the 2006 basketball games nearing release, I traded in Live 2005 and 2K5. Here's what I got.

NBA Live 2005 (XBOX) - $14
NBA 2K5 (XBOX) - $8

Also, some BIG news (unless YMMV). The Asst. Mgr. at my blockbuster told the girl doing the trade-ins that unless the games were worth $7 or more in trade-in value, that the credit could not be used towards the remaining $29.99 left for the trade 2 get a preorder deal (that's what she said, unless she was talking about the new sell for restriction, but those were her EXACT words). If this is company wide, the deal just got even more harsh.

[quote name='pistonfan']With the 2006 basketball games nearing release, I traded in Live 2005 and 2K5. Here's what I got.

NBA 2K5 (XBOX) - $8

Also, some BIG news (unless YMMV). The Asst. Mgr. at my blockbuster told the girl doing the trade-ins that unless the games were worth $7 or more in trade-in value, that the credit could not be used towards the remaining $29.99 left for the trade 2 get a preorder deal (that's what she said, unless she was talking about the new sell for restriction, but those were her EXACT words). If this is company wide, the deal just got even more harsh.[/QUOTE]

The mgr doesnt know what she's talking about. The deal states the game has to retail for 7, not trade in for that much. I wish BB workers would actually know the details behind their own deals.

[quote name='pistonfan']With the 2006 basketball games nearing release, I traded in Live 2005 and 2K5. Here's what I got.

NBA 2K5 (XBOX) - $8

Also, some BIG news (unless YMMV). The Asst. Mgr. at my blockbuster told the girl doing the trade-ins that unless the games were worth $7 or more in trade-in value, that the credit could not be used towards the remaining $29.99 left for the trade 2 get a preorder deal (that's what she said, unless she was talking about the new sell for restriction, but those were her EXACT words). If this is company wide, the deal just got even more harsh.[/QUOTE]

Well i just preordered madden 06 today and i had a game that was worth 3 dollar trade in...and it was counted for the 29.99. Also that restriction doesn't really make any sense that after the preorder the credit would just be credit...as they won't be able to tell if it was credit that you put into your account or credit from a 3 dollar trade in. I think the restriction that you are talking about (and it seems that your assistant manager is wrong) is that only games that retail used at gamerush for 7.99 can be used towards the trade in 2 of 29.99 preorder deal.

[quote name='aoLat']Well I just got back from my GR in MI, (9 Mile and Middlebelt, Farmington) and the guy there said the games have to retail used for at least $17.99 unless I heard wrongly, it could be $7.99 but that isn't very much of a deal to me. I tried to trade in my two copies of Freestyle Street Soccer with the matched www.wherehouse.com price, but he said he wouldn't do it. What a joke.[/QUOTE]

You mean they wouldn't give you $17.50 for a game they would in turn sell for $7, thereby essentially giving you $10 for showing up at their store? Man, that's so unfair...

[quote name='aoLat']Well I just got back from my GR in MI, (9 Mile and Middlebelt, Farmington) and the guy there said the games have to retail used for at least $17.99 unless I heard wrongly, it could be $7.99 but that isn't very much of a deal to me. I tried to trade in my two copies of Freestyle Street Soccer with the matched www.wherehouse.com price, but he said he wouldn't do it. What a joke.[/QUOTE]

I always tell myself i'll visit that gamerush store, but i never bring myself to it. I always go to the maple and lahser or southfield store. The Maple and Lahser store has the best selection of any gamerush's ive been to (there's about 10 in a 20 mile radius of me) Does the Farmington store have a large selection of used games?

Anyways i wouldn't blame that guy for not taking the game...first off, most gamerushes wont even take wherehouse.com's printout. To make it worse, Freestyle Street Soccer sells for 5 dollars at the store itself, and it'd be pretty dumb of them to pay 15+ dollars to add to the collection thats collecting dust on the shelves.

[quote name='Americanpierg']I think the restriction that you are talking about (and it seems that your assistant manager is wrong) is that only games that retail used at gamerush for 7.99 can be used towards the trade in 2 of 29.99 preorder deal.[/QUOTE]

That's what I figured, but that's not what came out of her mouth. I just hope that was her only time saying that to a new employee because I noticed the BB has a few new employees and I don't want to argue with them every time I trade. This BB really needs to straighten out it deals and have them in order. They're always scrambling for the deals book anytime I ask about something simple like when I asked (though already confirmed here) if XBOX 360 games could be part of the $29.99 preorder deal.

Please don't try to flip Freestyle Street Soccer. Buying a game for $5 and then trying to get the same place to give you $17 for it is ridiculous and you deserve any kind of harsh treatment that you get from Gamerush employees. Trade-in credit cannot be adjusted within the trade process to a higher amount than the game is sold for at Gamerush. The store offers great deals as it is, trying to screw them over will only make you unpopular with employees and will lead to greater restrictions and eliminations of offers.

is there an expiration date on gift cards? I store all of my credit on one card, and if it expires, ill lose all $400 dollars on there...should i store it in my account instead?

So, there have really been NO new peorders added to the sytem recently?

I haven't been in GR in a while - I'm heading in tomorow to see what's up and will ask about a few games.

Heads up, our Gamerush store received two 1.0GB Sandisk PSP pro duo memory sticks yesterday. They're $129.99 each. I've been waiting forever to be able to use my credit on one of these things!

Yeah, I heard the same thing today about the trade-in deal....having to have a game TRADE-IN for $7 or more. They will NOT let me pre-order 360 games either.

Also, my store has no mention of the extra 25% trade in. I still traded in 4 games, and pre-ordered two.

Burnout LEgends PSP
Godfather XBOX

[quote name='Americanpierg']is there an expiration date on gift cards? I store all of my credit on one card, and if it expires, ill lose all $400 dollars on there...should i store it in my account instead?[/QUOTE]

Keep it on the card because if you get your account banned, your credit will probably be gone. I think the only way for your card to expire is if it is inactive for a year. Anyone, correct me if I am wrong.

Well, gamerush.com still states the resale value must be $7.99 or higher, so I'm good with that. I'm gonna see if I can't go over today and get X-Men Legends preordered. Then I really need to decide if I'm gonna try to do the Zelda preorder at EB and switch my GR preorder to R6...

Actually, if I can trade in both copies of Harvest Moon (dependent on fiancee playing one to see if she would actually like it), that would be one preorder, and then my store credit plus $10 gift cards (+ more if I can go score a couple more at Nordstrom) plus two random games would be my third preorder. Good enough.

[quote name='videogamejunkie']can anyone confirm the 25% deal my gamerush has no clue what I was talking about. If you got it, could you double dip?[/QUOTE]

Engineer_J a few posts up got the 25%.

[quote name='botticus']Engineer_J a few posts up got the 25%.[/QUOTE]

saw that, I wanted details and to see if other got the same deal. Wondering why it's not active everywhere!

[quote name='drfrielgood']Heads up, our Gamerush store received two 1.0GB Sandisk PSP pro duo memory sticks yesterday. They're $129.99 each. I've been waiting forever to be able to use my credit on one of these things![/QUOTE]

Wow - had I known that I wouldn't have blown $55 on 512 MB one. Oh well...

I can confirm that my GR is running the 25% bonus deal - AND they allow double-dip. They actually told me about the deal as I walked in the door today :D. The manager was telling me how some guy just got the bonus credit on his $35 trade-in and made 3 preorders. Well, I added 3 preorders to their system today as well - he said that with that, he filled his quota for the week already :D.

Here are my trades WITH the 25% bonus.

Note that KOF:MI has jumped up AGAIN to $20 (from $18) before the bonus. Now I wish I had saved them ALL for this week :D.

Xbox - Room Zoom: $3.75 (took a small loss on this as I bought it at Fry's for $4.90 for the EB trade-in deals only to find it was POX - it is on the POX list as "Micro Mayhem" - whatever).
PS2 - KOF:MI: $25 (!)
GCUBE - Powerpuff Girls Relish Rampage: $15.63
PS2 - Midway Arcade Treasures 1: $8.75

I preordered Advance Wars Dual Strike (only saved $5 but I was going to buy it with GR credit anyway so why not) and Suikoden Tactics (ALERT - here's a new game in the system!). I also put down a regular $5 preorder (first time I've ever done that) on Lunar Dragon Song for DS, which retails for $29.99.

So, yeah, I didn't take full advantage of the double-dip but I did what I could. They do not have Super Mario Strikers, Mario Party 7, Kirby Adventure, Chibi Robo, or the REAL Fire Emblem for GC in the system yet.

I did, however, get new, updated preorder lists (as of 8/4) and will update my original preorder posts linked in the OP later tonight. Suikoden Tactics and Lunar aren't on these lists though - I specifically asked about those.

Even though I'm sure my son would love it, I'm holding off on Hulk because I know I will be able to get it for $20 or even $10 not too long from now (say 6-8 months) and we have TONS of games to play in the mean time. The problem with this GR preorder deal is that I have been getting WAY too many games and then not playing them until they become $10 or $20 anyway (examples - Baten Kaitos, Jak III).

I also bought 3 more $6.99 cheapies to use for trade-ins at EB :D.

For all those living in the Houston area.......... Gamerush will be in Blockbuster stores starting next month. I was at Blockbuster today and the district manager was there and was talking about it........... About time they moved it down here, I was tired of waiting to drive to Dallas to go to a gamerush.

[quote name='io']

Note that KOF:MI has jumped up AGAIN to $20 (from $18) before the bonus. Now I wish I had saved them ALL for this week :D.
[/QUOTE]

OMG no way, I traded a KOF:MI in yesterday because I thought it was going to drop. Unbelievable! I guess Powerdrome has probably gone up to about $25 by now too, lol.

My trade yesterday was KOFMI for $18 and Snowblind(PS2) for $10, preordered Xbox Far Cry.

[quote name='io']
Xbox - Room Zoom: $3.75 (took a small loss on this as I bought it at Fry's for $4.90 for the EB trade-in deals only to find it was POX - it is on the POX list as "Micro Mayhem" - whatever).
PS2 - KOF:MI: $25 (!)
GCUBE - Powerpuff Girls Relish Rampage: $15.63
PS2 - Midway Arcade Treasures 1: $8.75
[/QUOTE]

Hmm... Powerpuff Girls is definitely green tagged.... I hope they have it in stock at my TRU, that would be pretty solid. Paired with my similarly priced Harvest Moon (though the GR site lists the trade in at $15 before 25%, so I might get lucky there), that's X-Men Legends. Woohoo.

[quote name='io']Wow - had I known that I wouldn't have blown $55 on 512 MB one. Oh well...

I can confirm that my GR is running the 25% bonus deal - AND they allow double-dip. They actually told me about the deal as I walked in the door today :D. The manager was telling me how some guy just got the bonus credit on his $35 trade-in and made 3 preorders. Well, I added 3 preorders to their system today as well - he said that with that, he filled his quota for the week already :D.

[/QUOTE]

This is very good news... time to make a trip up north

Hi all-
No i don't post here a lot, but saw it and thought I'd put my 2 cents in about the trades I did today.

Ninja Gaiden - 12.50
Super Smash Bros. - 14.00
Chaos Theory - 18.00
Pandora Tomorrow - 7.00
Ratchet & Clank Going Commando - 8.00
Karaoke Rev (don't ask :) ) - 14.00
Forza Motorsport - 30.00

And I could NOT double dip. I even asked, and they said "either one or the other", not both. Oh well. I guess for everyone this is going to be YMMV. My GR is in Charlotte, NC.

Anyways, preordered Xmen Legends II, then with Chaos Theory, Forza, & Karaoke Rev. I got the 25%. Which I got 22.50, 37.50, & 17.50 for respectively.

I was also able to do another cheapy-game from BB to EB trade-in deal today. I had bought 3 cheap games at my local (non-GR) Blockbuster last night - Metal Gear Solid Substance for Xbox, Resident Evil Code Veronica for PS2 (I think I had traded this in myelf some months back), and Pryzm. The last 2 were brand new in appearance. I got all 3 combined for $14 credit with Buy 2 Get 1 free. Metal Gear Solid 2 rangup at $9.99 but since it was stickered $6.99 (inside the security case so it hadn't been tampered with) they gave it to me for $6.99.

I took these 3 and 2 Best Buy games (Bad Boys and Starsky & Hutch for PS2) and turned that into a Madden 2006. I was going to do the Zelda preorder deal at EB but I asked about Madden and was told they extended this deal! So if you are looking for a copy of Madden at this point, that is the way to do it if you have a bunch of GR credit (or even just $25 out of pocket at Best Buy for 5 games there).

At GR today I bought 3 more cheapies that I assume at this point are PO at EB, but don't know for sure: GC Rogue Leader (again rang up $9.99 but stickered $6.99), PS2 Crazy Taxi, and PS2 Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter. I am going to combine these with 2 more Best Buy $5 games and preorder Zelda. I already have Zelda preordered at GR of course, but I'm going to get one at EB because of the high likelihood of NOT getting a preorder bonus at GR. Then, if I can't find someone I know who wants it, I'll just take the second copy and trade it into GR for credit.

Also more anecdotal evidence that GR does, indeed, sell the cheapy games we give them. I went looking for the copy of PS2 Tomb Raider that I got for free at Best Buy (and traded into GR for $1.50 just a few weeks ago for the preorder deal). Not there any more :D. It is PO at EB if you can find any.

Keep it on the card because if you get your account banned, your credit will probably be gone. I think the only way for your card to expire is if it is inactive for a year. Anyone, correct me if I am wrong.

can anyone confirm this?

also im thinking about preordering the new zelda...but even if i do i wont be able to play it until june 06, is it worth it to trade in 2 games now and get it for 29.99, or wait to see if there is a price drop by summer 06

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back