Gamerush Thread #2 - Trade 2, preorder a game for 29.99 starts 07/19, details inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
New and improved and with less thread crapping (hopefully).

Link to the old thread - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54806

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

Trade in 2 games, preorder any game for 29.99!! (July 19th - ??)

Restrictions and rules below:

[quote name='drfrielgood']Alright, I read the map today and here's some stuff on the new deal:

- As has been said, it starts on July 19th. I cannot remember offhand the date that it ends.

- Trade any 2 games, get any preorder for $29.99. I forgot to check if XBox 360 games are included in the deal, but as most people have already stated, I highly doubt it.

- The two games that are traded in for the deal must retail for at least $7.99 each (preowned price).

- The credit can still be applied towards the $29.99.

[/quote]

Preorder Lists -

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138684&postcount=723 - GC

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138694&postcount=724 - DS

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138704&postcount=725 - PSP

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138721&postcount=726 - PS2

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138727&postcount=727 - XBOX

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1147555&postcount=752 - XBOX 360

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Clearenced out Accessories

[quote name='Shipwreck']

Hip brand Wavebird rechargeable batteries for $.99 and the SP chargers for $1.99.

Blockbuster's in generally are also clearancing out a lot of their electronics for $1.99. This includes a Memorex Scratch Repair kit, Sony earbuds, 25-packs of CD-R's, etc.

[/quote]

I've also seen a Dreamcast VMU for 1.99.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

What does Conker get? I may trade in a few more games. I wonder if GameRush will update the price of X360 games by MS...they are only $50 now. Thus, they should be good with the new trade in deal!!!!!

I hope so....I'll check eventually. I want to pre-order myself the system anyways.

[quote name='$hady']. Worst case scenario i'll have 2 systems and just have to sell one to a friend for my money back if Ebay aint that hot on them.[/QUOTE]

You cant return an item back to the store if you preordered it? even if its unopen?

i did trade in my psp tonight after i posted for $175 and put it down on a xbox360 pre-order. first one at the store. woot.

[quote name='doubledown']What does Conker get? I may trade in a few more games. I wonder if GameRush will update the price of X360 games by MS...they are only $50 now. Thus, they should be good with the new trade in deal!!!!!

I hope so....I'll check eventually. I want to pre-order myself the system anyways.[/QUOTE]

that would be interesting

Last night, I just bought a sealed Trivial Pursuit: Unhinged (PS2) and R-Type Final (PS2) for $5 each from the green tag at TRU. What is the big deal around these games? Do they trade in for good money at FYE/GR? Or are the just cheap good games? I still have them sealed in case I want to return them later. Also, I went to wherehouse.com (FYE) and looked up some trade-in prices for some games.

MGS2: Substance (XB)- $6.25
Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA)- $15 (wow!)
Max Payne 2 (XB)- $7.50
Coldplay: Parachutes (CD)- $6.25
and MLB Slugfest 20-03 (GC)- But didn't get a price for this one.

That's about $34 without Slugfest! My local FYE said I could get cash, too! I going there tomorrow. I still need to switch my Zelda: TP (GC) preorder to FE: PoR (GC) though. Does anyone know if it's in the system yet?

[quote name='aoLat']Last night, I just bought a sealed Trivial Pursuit: Unhinged (PS2) and R-Type Final (PS2) for $5 each from the green tag at TRU. What is the big deal around these games? Do they trade in for good money at FYE/GR? Or are the just cheap good games? I still have them sealed in case I want to return them later. Also, I went to wherehouse.com (FYE) and looked up some trade-in prices for some games.
[/QUOTE]

Trivial Pursuit trades for $8 at GR (or at least it did last week), and R Type Final is a good game (so I hear - I picked one up to play, and another to trade but I don't know what the value is at GR). TP isn't a money-maker or anything :D, but good to use for a preorder.

[quote name='io']Trivial Pursuit trades for $8 at GR (or at least it did last week), and R Type Final is a good game (so I hear - I picked one up to play, and another to trade but I don't know what the value is at GR). TP isn't a money-maker or anything :D, but good to use for a preorder.[/QUOTE]

I got $6.75 for TP today, so it had a little drop.

[quote name='jkircos']I got $6.75 for TP today, so it had a little drop.[/QUOTE]

Ouch.

Still not bad though, considering it's only $5 and when you combine it with another title, you're saving $20 bucks plus getting your cash back in credit.

Just have to hope the trade in value dosen't dip anymore in the next two days... have to do one more trade in when I pick up Incredible Hulk.

[quote name='aoLat']Last night, I just bought a sealed Trivial Pursuit: Unhinged (PS2) and R-Type Final (PS2) for $5 each from the green tag at TRU. What is the big deal around these games? Do they trade in for good money at FYE/GR? Or are the just cheap good games? I still have them sealed in case I want to return them later. Also, I went to wherehouse.com (FYE) and looked up some trade-in prices for some games.

Max Payne 2 (XB)- $7.50

That's about $34 without Slugfest! My local FYE said I could get cash, too! I going there tomorrow. I still need to switch my Zelda: TP (GC) preorder to FE: PoR (GC) though. Does anyone know if it's in the system yet?[/QUOTE]

Both R-Type Final and Trivial Pursuit trade in for $15 at FYE.

[quote name='jkircos']I got $6.75 for TP today, so it had a little drop.[/QUOTE]

See, there's no reason for that price drop except that they ARE reacting to cheap games being available at sales like CC and TRU.

Wonder what else has dropped? Trade-in price reports could be very interesting over the next few days. Please post all you get - I'll post mine on Thurs when I get back home and do a few trades.

[quote name='andrew333']that would be interesting[/QUOTE]
yes, especially with Kameo, PGR3, DOA4, and PDZ. That would really put the fear away that I am buying $50 games again. Now the problem is finding games in my collection that I am willing to trade. Do GBA games count?

Max Payne 2 (XB)- $7.50

That's about $34 without Slugfest! My local FYE said I could get cash, too! I going there tomorrow. I still need to switch my Zelda: TP (GC) preorder to FE: PoR (GC) though. Does anyone know if it's in the system yet?[/QUOTE]

the thing with fye / wherehouse is that they may not take your games if they are unpopular or have them in stock -- for example, they wouldn't take my brothers in arms, kill.switch or thief -- so i would say not to buy games to specifically trade in to those stores

[quote name='andrew333']manny is great, the most competent game employee i have ever met, i have always bought my stuff there even when other gr stores were allowing combining, i did go to the sepulveda store though just this once to take advantage of the 25%[/QUOTE]

You obviously never met Junior, former manager at the National and McLaughlin/Barrington store. He was the best. Unfortunately, he now works in Torrance or Hawthorne. I'm not a fan of the Sepulveda/Sawtelle store, but it's better than the National store is now, and closer to me than Venice or the one near the airport.

How often do people find actual GameRush employees working when they go in? I always end up with clueless Blockbuster employees.

[quote name='ViolentLee']

How often do people find actual GameRush employees working when they go in? I always end up with clueless Blockbuster employees.[/QUOTE]

The one GR I decided to start going to has GR employees. They have this one guy who always wears a different nametag (Dr. Z, Gameguy, etc.) and he really knows what he is doing. He always talks to me about the new games that are coming out and this past week was really ticked off about the XBOX360 not coming standard with a HD. When I do trade ins it only takes about a minute, so I am shocked when people say it takes upwards of 15 minutes to get a pre-order done.

[quote name='ViolentLee']How often do people find actual GameRush employees working when they go in? I always end up with clueless Blockbuster employees.[/QUOTE]

Three of the four GameRushes I frequent have a dedicated person scheduled. They usually do 'busy work' when there isn't GR work, like restocking rental returns, to let the rental side of the business handle the line of customers. The fourth location has never been busy for either side of the business any of the times I've gone in, and they usually just do whatever is needed at the time.

Nice... the first and only time I do a preorder, Gamerush has to give me shit about it.

I call them up at 10 am, "Hi, did you guys get in Incredible Hulk today?"

GR: "Yea, it should be coming"

Me: "Ok, what time can I pick it up?"

GR: "Just come down now, it's ready"

So I have some errands to do, and don't get there until around 2 pm... four hours later. I ask for Incredible Hulk, the guy (different employee then the one I talked to earlier on the phone) looks around and says "Oh, we haven't received them yet". I'm pretty stunned, as I tell him the employee earlier told me I could come get it at 10 am, and that I drove 20 minutes down here when I was already assured they had them hours ago.

Took about another five minutes, but amazingly he ended up finding the box with the copies in it (remember, the one he hadn't received yet). I even got the preorder comic, didn't expect that.

Went to TRU before hand to try and grab some games to trade in.. they were completely cleaned out of all the games that were worth trading, namely the five copies of Iridion 2 that were there earlier. After I drive to the next TRU, then to GR, then back to GR to pick up another preorder, I'm looking at 20 - 25 dollars in gas which negates any sort of deal.

Unless GR brings back some kind of amazing deal, I think it's the last time I'll go there, unless gas gets alot cheaper. What's funny is that now that the trade 3, get any PO deal for $5 is gone, Gamerush is stocked full of 44.99 decent titles - they can't seem to move them at all. Maybe they should get a discount card?

EDIT: I will give Gamerush some major props though... the girl I talked to earlier on the phone just called me, and mentioned that they forgot to give me the free t-shirt for preordering, and that I can come back in the next few days and pick it up. So make sure, if you pick up Incredible Hulk, that you get a t-shirt AND the comic book. She said the shirt is X-Large, green, and has some Hulk stuff on it... I was going to pass if it was just generic crap, but this one sounds pretty cool.

It's just too bad I don't have two more games to throw down for Mario Baseball, since I have to make the trip back up there now :lol:

[quote name='doubledown']So, is the 360 "officially" in the system yet? I believe SHIPWRECK said they might be putting a hold on pre-orders for it.[/QUOTE]

yes, but it requires a $100 deposit, they are only carrying the wireless version, and each store is only doing 10 pre-orders for right now.

The manager called me today to let me know he entered my pre-order (360) into the system. Don't know the minimum down, as I just paid the $400.

I wonder what they will do when I let it sit in their store for a week or so after launch before I pick it up:D (like I do with my xbox preorders)

[quote name='Roufuss']Nice... the first and only time I do a preorder, Gamerush has to give me shit about it.

I call them up at 10 am, "Hi, did you guys get in Incredible Hulk today?"

GR: "Yea, it should be coming"

Me: "Ok, what time can I pick it up?"

GR: "Just come down now, it's ready"

So I have some errands to do, and don't get there until around 2 pm... four hours later. I ask for Incredible Hulk, the guy (different employee then the one I talked to earlier on the phone) looks around and says "Oh, we haven't received them yet". I'm pretty stunned, as I tell him the employee earlier told me I could come get it at 10 am, and that I drove 20 minutes down here when I was already assured they had them hours ago.

Took about another five minutes, but amazingly he ended up finding the box with the copies in it (remember, the one he hadn't received yet). I even got the preorder comic, didn't expect that.

Went to TRU before hand to try and grab some games to trade in.. they were completely cleaned out of all the games that were worth trading, namely the five copies of Iridion 2 that were there earlier. After I drive to the next TRU, then to GR, then back to GR to pick up another preorder, I'm looking at 20 - 25 dollars in gas which negates any sort of deal.

Unless GR brings back some kind of amazing deal, I think it's the last time I'll go there, unless gas gets alot cheaper. What's funny is that now that the trade 3, get any PO deal for $5 is gone, Gamerush is stocked full of 44.99 decent titles - they can't seem to move them at all. Maybe they should get a discount card?

EDIT: I will give Gamerush some major props though... the girl I talked to earlier on the phone just called me, and mentioned that they forgot to give me the free t-shirt for preordering, and that I can come back in the next few days and pick it up. So make sure, if you pick up Incredible Hulk, that you get a t-shirt AND the comic book. She said the shirt is X-Large, green, and has some Hulk stuff on it... I was going to pass if it was just generic crap, but this one sounds pretty cool.

It's just too bad I don't have two more games to throw down for Mario Baseball, since I have to make the trip back up there now :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'll have to go back and get my shirt. Unfortunately I was in an auto accident on my way back to work after picking up the Hulk, so it may be a few days until I go back. Old people should not drive.

[quote name='shipwreck']I'll have to go back and get my shirt. Unfortunately I was in an auto accident on my way back to work after picking up the Hulk, so it may be a few days until I go back. Old people should not drive.[/QUOTE]

Whoa man, are you O.K.?

[quote name='h2dk']The manager called me today to let me know he entered my pre-order (360) into the system. Don't know the minimum down, as I just paid the $400.

I wonder what they will do when I let it sit in their store for a week or so after launch before I pick it up:D (like I do with my xbox preorders)[/QUOTE]
Mmmhh, I just called the Gamerush in Sepulveda, CA at around 1:00 and they didn't have it yet. What time and where are you located at? I may hve to call again to see if they have it.

I just got back from the Monroe, NC store to get my copy of Hulk, and they have preorders for 360 going... $100 deposit. They still have all the games at $60 (PDZ preordered... may change to PGR3 or *sigh* add PGR3 as well depending on reviews closer to launch). Yes I was one of the suckers who paid in full (except for $5? they required that for some reason) and now they have 8 preorders left.

[quote name='lupe121283']Damn, I just called Sepulveda Gamerush and they don't have it yet. I guess I'll check tomorrow during my usual 10 mile walk.[/QUOTE]

They had a fat stack of them on the counter when I was there about an hour ago -- likely when you called. Screw the phone people and just head over there.

While there, I got my pre-ordered Nintendogs (no promo item, though), and picked up Advance Wars DS. Also traded in:

Flatout Xbox $37.50
Cold Winter PS2 $10
Black Hawk Down PS2 $30
Black Hawk Down Xbox $30
KoF: Maniax Xbox $25
Batman Begins PS2 $25
Death Jr. PSP $27.50

Seems like I only got the bonus 25% on half the games for some reason. No biggie. This is a good start toward my 360 pre-order.

[quote name='ViolentLee']They had a fat stack of them on the counter when I was there about an hour ago -- likely when you called. Screw the phone people and just head over there.

While there, I got my pre-ordered Nintendogs (no promo item, though), and picked up Advance Wars DS. Also traded in:

Flatout Xbox $37.50
Cold Winter PS2 $10
Black Hawk Down PS2 $30
Black Hawk Down Xbox $30
KoF: Maniax Xbox $25
Batman Begins PS2 $25
Death Jr. PSP $27.50

Seems like I only got the bonus 25% on half the games for some reason. No biggie. This is a good start toward my 360 pre-order.[/QUOTE]

Ah, okay. After I eat I'll got over there. I might have to pick up KOF MIM that you traded in too if they have it processed. If I enought left, I might pick up a PSP.

Side note: Wait, do you mean Xbox 360 preorders or the HUlk game? I was refering to the preorder, now that I read my own post, it doesn't even say it. My bad, I think I asked incorrectly. There seem to be some news from gamefaqs xbox 360 board that "Orlando metro area in sunny, central Florida." gamerush just started there preorder for the xbox360.

[quote name='aoLat']Whoa man, are you O.K.?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am fine, I just have a few scratches on my face and arms from the airbag. My '93 Subaru Impreza that I had since high school is now totalled though. I was getting ready to sell it anyway, so it's not a complete loss. I'll probably venture out to GR again this week, but just be extra careful of old ladies driving.

[quote name='lupe121283']There seem to be some news from gamefaqs xbox 360 board that "Orlando metro area in sunny, central Florida." gamerush just started there preorder for the xbox360.[/QUOTE]

That would be true. My GameRush in the Orlando area was just starting to call the people on their list when I walked in tonight. When I asked if I could do mine, she made sure I was one of the first ten people on the list (which I was). So at least one store is strictly obeying the order on the list. I had plenty of credit to cover it.

Things which may or may not be true (she's cool, but I usually need more than what a salesperson says) that she mentioned:

1) They are only getting 10 at each store, and need at least $100 to preorder.
2) They are only selling the premium version of the console.
3) Those with preorders might be contacted at some future point about things like bundles or warranties, but won't be obligated.
4) They are not preselling any accessories yet, but she was certain they were selling them earlier than the console in preparation.
5) She was convinced that the release date would be Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving). I have no idea if she determined this on her own, or if there was some kind of communication from corporate - and if so, if this is a GR release date or a general one.
6) As of right now, $50 360 games still do not apply to the 'trade 2, preorder for $30' deal.
7) You can cancel a preorder for the console whenever you want and get a full refund.

Also, trade in values before 25%, as of today:

Project Snowblind (Xbox) - $6.75
Galleon (Xbox) - $20.00
Nightmare of Druaga (PS2) - $15.75
Midway Arcade Treasures v1 (PS2) - $8.00

After bonus, $63.13 total. Project Snowblind wasn't triggering the 25% bonus for some reason. I don't know if she just was saying it didn't (because the trade-in value was lower than the $7.99 - not that that is the right way), or if the computer wasn't doing it. Luckily, I had the MAT1 in the car. At that point, all of the games got the 25% - so I dunno. You might be able to get the 25% on cheaper games if you have three qualifying games as well.

Asked about the following games that are at Best Buy for $14.99 after coupon (again, before 25%):
Dead to Rights 2 (PS2) - $20.25
Death by Degrees (PS2) - $20.00

So, for both those games, $15+tax will get you $25.

ah, thanks kojubat. I think I am near the 20 or something in that phone list. I guess I'll just wait for the phone call instead of calling them.

[quote name='lupe121283']There seem to be some news from gamefaqs xbox 360 board that "Orlando metro area in sunny, central Florida." gamerush just started there preorder for the xbox360.[/QUOTE]

What the hell. I just called the Alafaya/Colonial store and they told me 'not at the moment'. Somehow I don't think the girl that answered knew what she was talking about. I guess I will try again tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the 360 info....hopefully it applies in Michigan

I know the XBOX 360 applies in MI as I preordered it at the Waterford Gamerush today at 1pm. I'd preorder soon because it seems like the GR 10 sheet for orders is filling up fast.

Things which may or may not be true (she's cool, but I usually need more than what a salesperson says) that she mentioned:

1) They are only getting 10 at each store, and need at least $100 to preorder.
2) They are only selling the premium version of the console.
3) Those with preorders might be contacted at some future point about things like bundles or warranties, but won't be obligated.
4) They are not preselling any accessories yet, but she was certain they were selling them earlier than the console in preparation.
5) She was convinced that the release date would be Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving). I have no idea if she determined this on her own, or if there was some kind of communication from corporate - and if so, if this is a GR release date or a general one.
6) As of right now, $50 360 games still do not apply to the 'trade 2, preorder for $30' deal.
7) You can cancel a preorder for the console whenever you want and get a full refund.

It seems like the salesperson is correct. At the Waterford, MI store the girl I talked to said they could only guarantee 10 at launch and they had a call sheet for those 10 (It looked like I was 7 or 8). She also confirmed the $100 deposit and that they would only carry the $399 version, just as Shipwreck said. The only date she gave me was sometime in November and that they would be open at midnight for people to pick up their systems.

Kojubat and Pistonfan right. I'm just confirming what they are saying but applying it to Southern California. Highland in particular. I got a call today from the local GR manager telling me the 360 preorders are a go and since I'm the first guy on the list I got called. I'd been bugging this guy and his employees for months about the preorders! So I was no stranger to them.
I ordered the premium version with the $100 deposit and was also told that the $29.99 preorder deal wouldn't apply to the 360 games. He said he was sure there would be another deal coming down the road that applied to the 360 games. Just to hold on for that. So I guess that's what I'm going to do. As far as the release date goes, their paperwork showed only "in time for the November/Holiday season". I hope it's before Black Friday though! Good luck guys. Be in the first 10 people because that's all each store seems to be allotted.

[quote name='Roufuss']EDIT: I will give Gamerush some major props though... the girl I talked to earlier on the phone just called me, and mentioned that they forgot to give me the free t-shirt for preordering, and that I can come back in the next few days and pick it up. So make sure, if you pick up Incredible Hulk, that you get a t-shirt AND the comic book. She said the shirt is X-Large, green, and has some Hulk stuff on it... I was going to pass if it was just generic crap, but this one sounds pretty cool.

It's just too bad I don't have two more games to throw down for Mario Baseball, since I have to make the trip back up there now :lol:[/QUOTE]

My GR actually CALLED ME today to let me know Hulk was in. Too bad I was out of town. Thanks for mentioning the t-shirt, as I didn't know about that. I will ask when I pick it up tomorrow. Of course, they didn't call me about Advance Wars DS, so I hope they have it. And I've got my Death Jr to pick up from last week. I will do all this after I swing by EB to pick up Nintendogs if they haven't given my copy to someone else.

Roufuss, if you have a Best Buy nearby you can always get a BG&E or Midway Arcade Treasures for $5. Even Rocky, Bad Boys, and Metal Arms (all $5 games at Best Buy after coupon) trade for $3, which isn't too bad if you are using it to save $20 on Mario Baseball.

[quote name='kojubat']7) You can cancel a preorder for the console whenever you want and get a full refund.

Galleon (Xbox) - $20.00
[/QUOTE]

Excellent

I was wondering about the refund policy - I might just put $100 (in credit of course) down on this thing even though I've never played an Xbox in my life.

Also, just came back from my trip with a few Galleons, so to speak... good to hear they haven't dropped that one. I will have a bunch of trade-in prices to report tomorrow.

[quote name='io']My GR actually CALLED ME today to let me know Hulk was in. Too bad I was out of town. Thanks for mentioning the t-shirt, as I didn't know about that. I will ask when I pick it up tomorrow. [/QUOTE]

the hulk totally blows, i hope they are giving the big THREE-FIVE for it

It blows? You are the first person I seen mention that it is less than awesome.

What recent games have you played that you considered good or your favorites? Tryin' to get a good idea of how credible your opinion is.

[quote name='saetia']It blows? You are the first person I seen mention that it is less than awesome.

What recent games have you played that you considered good or your favorites? Tryin' to get a good idea of how credible your opinion is.[/QUOTE]

most recently, i finished darkwatch and enjoyed the single player immensely (of course, it is frightfully short and the multi-player on live was, well i don't know what to say since i couldn't find anybody online to try it out with)

hulk feels like a more refined spiderman 2 (a game i didn't enjoy much but the web swinging was enjoyable); my prediction is, if you liked spiderman 2, you will like hulk; if you didn't, then you won't

it's just my opinion of course, not meant to ruffle feathers, mostly intended to express hope that the gr trade-in value is at its max

[quote name='andrew333']most recently, i finished darkwatch and enjoyed the single player immensely (of course, it is frightfully short and the multi-player on live was, well i don't know what to say since i couldn't find anybody online to try it out with)

hulk feels like a more refined spiderman 2 (a game i didn't enjoy much but the web swinging was enjoyable); my prediction is, if you liked spiderman 2, you will like hulk; if you didn't, then you won't

it's just my opinion of course, not meant to ruffle feathers, mostly intended to express hope that the gr trade-in value is at its max[/QUOTE]

I wasn't trying to be a prick. I was just curious because I am buying tomorrow. Thanks.

[quote name='flashburn']Yeah, I saw that. I will post an update tomorrow when I try again.[/QUOTE]
Well today I was able to preorder the Xbox 360 at the Orlando Colonial/Alafaya store. Woohoo.

Damn, I was going to preorder Spartan Total Warrior in the next week; but has anyone noticed that its been delayed? Whats up with all these delays?

[quote name='Ravenous']Damn, I was going to preorder Spartan Total Warrior in the next week; but has anyone noticed that its been delayed? Whats up with all these delays?[/QUOTE]

EB has it coming out 10/25... is that the delayed date, or is that the old date? I kinda recall it being originally scheduled for September, but that might just be because you mentioned it.

Edit: Oh, duh... io's preorder list has it out in August. I'm with ya now.

Does anyone know if Mario DDR is in the system yet? I'm thinkin about just switching my Zelda preorder to Battalion Wars, but if I like it and don't immediately trade it back in for (hopefully) $35, I'm gonna be hurtin when November rolls around and there's a bunch of Mario games I want.

I pre-ordered my XBOX360 today in Michigan! I was #1 on the list. I don't know how much traffic that store gets, I know for the Halo launch, there was maybe 10 of us a$$holes there....

[quote name='shipwreck']Yes, I am fine, I just have a few scratches on my face and arms from the airbag. My '93 Subaru Impreza that I had since high school is now totalled though. I was getting ready to sell it anyway, so it's not a complete loss. I'll probably venture out to GR again this week, but just be extra careful of old ladies driving.[/QUOTE]

Aggreed Old people should not drive. I was wrecked by an old man 70 years old going 80 MPH. Join the Club I was in a wreak a month ago as well and I am still not fully recovered. Unlike you I am not so OK I suffered 8 broken bones, several HUGE cuts, blood loss, trama, etc. I will fully recover everything but I was in a hospital for 3 weeks that is how bad I was. The old man had zero injuries and not even a dent on his truck.

It easily totaled my 1999 Oldsmoible INtrigue I owned since I started college no loss there I had the car 5 years and it was a maintiance nightmare and starting to fall apart and paint starting to fade.

AS a reult I have yet been unable to take advantage of this Gamerush sale....when does it end anyone?

Sucks about your wreck buster90. I hope you make a speedy recovery.

I just got a call from another GameRush letting me know that they are officially taking pre-orders for the 360 now. I was on the list at this location, but I of course didn't need to reserve it there anymore. I just thought people would like to know that the stores around me are starting to call the people that signed up.

At my local GR, there wasn't a call list, and when I asked a few days ago, they weren't doing preorders. Called this morning and they were already "pre-ordered" out. I guess I have to hope they up their allotment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back