Gamerush Thread #2 - Trade 2, preorder a game for 29.99 starts 07/19, details inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
New and improved and with less thread crapping (hopefully).

Link to the old thread - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54806

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

Trade in 2 games, preorder any game for 29.99!! (July 19th - ??)

Restrictions and rules below:

[quote name='drfrielgood']Alright, I read the map today and here's some stuff on the new deal:

- As has been said, it starts on July 19th. I cannot remember offhand the date that it ends.

- Trade any 2 games, get any preorder for $29.99. I forgot to check if XBox 360 games are included in the deal, but as most people have already stated, I highly doubt it.

- The two games that are traded in for the deal must retail for at least $7.99 each (preowned price).

- The credit can still be applied towards the $29.99.

[/quote]

Preorder Lists -

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138684&postcount=723 - GC

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138694&postcount=724 - DS

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138704&postcount=725 - PSP

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138721&postcount=726 - PS2

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138727&postcount=727 - XBOX

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1147555&postcount=752 - XBOX 360

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Clearenced out Accessories

[quote name='Shipwreck']

Hip brand Wavebird rechargeable batteries for $.99 and the SP chargers for $1.99.

Blockbuster's in generally are also clearancing out a lot of their electronics for $1.99. This includes a Memorex Scratch Repair kit, Sony earbuds, 25-packs of CD-R's, etc.

[/quote]

I've also seen a Dreamcast VMU for 1.99.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

Lots of info today:

Picked up all my preorders at GR - they had one Hulk shirt left and if I hadn't seen it stashed behind the GR counter I would have forgotten about it (they didn't give it to me with the game). He said I should have gotten that and the comic book when I made my preorder - yeah, right, I've never gotten ANYTHING before this, either when I made the order or when I picked up.

They have filled 9 of their 10 Xbox 360 preorder slots just after I decided I'd take a chance and go for it. The last one they are holding for people who were on the call list (which I never signed up for). They are also giving preference to people who PAY IN FULL over those who just put down $100. I don't think this is anything we've heard yet! I put myself at the end of the call list, so we'll see how that goes.

I found out TONS of trade-in prices. Most of these I just asked about- I certainly didn't trade all these in :D.

WITHOUT bonus:

PS2 - Onimusha 3: $5
PS2 - R-Type Final: $6.75
PS2 - Eye Toy Groove (game only): $6
PS2 - Inuyasha Secret of the Cursed Mask: $20 (I found this at Target for $10 a few weeks back and was about to return it!)
XBOX - Pinball Hall of Fame: $7
XBOX - Maximum Chase: $3
XBOX - Crash & Burn: $8
XBOX - Van Helsing: $3
XBOX - Mafia: $5
XBOX - Galleon: $20
XBOX - Kung Fu Chaos: $6.75 (seems to have been a drop here)
GC - Timesplitters 2: $8
GC - Mortal Kombat DA: $7
GC - Defender: $3
GC - Baldur's Gate: $6.75
GC - Spyhunter: $5
GC - Batman Vengeance: $5
GC - Pac-man Fever: $8
GBA - Wing Commander Prophecy: $6.80 (oh, how the mighty have fallen :D)

Super Mario Strikers, Mario Party 7, Fire Emblem, Metroid Pinball, & Mario & Luigi are STILL not in the preorder system. The annoying thing is that Metroid Hunters is in the system (and advertised within the store) but it was delayed till '06.

However, Popolo Crois for PSP IS in the system (at $39.99).

I preordered Popolo and Age of Empires, which, though listed under DS on their printed sheet, is listed as a PSP game in the computer. Whatever it comes out for is fine since I have both, though I'd prefer this as a DS game.

Thanks for the price....I found out GameRush does NOT take back EVERQUEST for the PS2 (I think it's the first one)

If anyone wants it, I have it for sale CHEAP

Damn. I am out of town for the week, and that one week GR starts taking POs on XBOX 360. bad luck. I have it preordered at GameStop, but I am in the second shipment. I hope I can preorder one at GR.

Thanks for the info about Death by Degrees and Dead to Rights 2. My BB has like 3 copies of DtR2, and I think I saw a few Death by Degress. Plus I just sold San Andreas to a friend for $45, so I should be able to turn that money into $75 in GR credit, and save $5 on a DS game. I really hope that GR will let people preorder the $50 XBOX 360 games for $30. If they will, I will get PGR3 for sure, in addition to my copy of PD0 on PO.

Did another preorder yesterday when I picked up Hulk(which I didn't receive a comic OR shirt with; I also didn't receive a shirt with Darkwatch!)
Traded:
XB MOH:Frontline $3
XB Call of Duty:Finest Hour $8

[quote name='doubledown']Thanks for the price....I found out GameRush does NOT take back EVERQUEST for the PS2 (I think it's the first one)

If anyone wants it, I have it for sale CHEAP[/QUOTE]

Interestingly enough, they won't take SOCOM from me either. I got it with the headset for $10 at CC and just wanted to dump the game. It rings up $0 trade value when they scan it.

I called the last Gamerush today he said I only need to put $50 down and I asked do you have any open slots he said I don't know maybe.

Should I bother trying to reserve there?

My kids (8 year old girl, 5 year old boy) are playing the GC Hulk I picked up and they absolutely LOVE it. Picking people up, throwing them, smashing stuff. Great fun. The wife isn't too happy about it though.

I don't see any noticeable slowdown (one of the knocks on the GC version). Pick this game up if you can! I'm going to take the older Hulk game in to trade next chance I get - this one is WAY better.

[quote name='eraser813']Traded in Fantastic 4,Destroy all Humans and Area 51 today and got $37.50 each. This includes the 25% bonus.[/QUOTE]

great scott! area 51 still gets that much?

I was the first 360 preorder at my Gamerush in Ohio, but 5 employees are planning to order thier 360's after me. You really can cut the 10 systems almost in half and the 360 sign in sheet means nothing, becuase it comes down to who has thier hundred down.

Noticed a 'buy 1 game under 6.99 get one free sign' placed by the PS2 and XBOX games.

Also, picked these .99 SNES games up: Act Raiser, Xardion, Super Off Road - The Baja, Wing Commander, and Star Fox.

[quote name='soulwish2003']Noticed a 'buy 1 game under 6.99 get one free sign' placed by the PS2 and XBOX games.

Also, picked these .99 SNES games up: Act Raiser, Xardion, Super Off Road - The Baja, Wing Commander, and Star Fox.[/QUOTE]

Oooh, I think I saw that same sign last night but just kind of glanced over it thinking it was the standard "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" deal. Looks like it is time for me to stock up on some cheapies if this is true.

Anyone know what Powerdrome for Xbox gets in credit? I remember it was getting around $17 not too long ago. I found a few at Circuit City again today. They were $4.99.

i called yester day about preordering a 360 said that the 360 will only be sold in a bundle with 2 extra accesories or 2 games. west commerce in san antonio

All right, I just came back (after walking from there, too hot for the return walk) and they started doing the pre-order at the Gamerush in Sepulveda location in California. I believe I got the first one on the list since he had to make sure everything was correct in his pamphlet to let me pre-order. I had to wait 30 minutes to get eveything in order, but I got it. I believe he gave me the paper that helps through the whole process, so I also have the part number.

:)

It;s funny, the information for the premium is massive, but the core just says "not compatible without HDD with xbox 1 games."

Question:

I was able to preorder a 360 but thing is like most Gamerush employees he was braindead. He said nope we don't do preorders yet for 360 come back in a week. After some arguing he called someone who said yes we do preorders.

I did the preorder with $100 down but he had no idea if it was a $400 or $300 Xbox or what number I was on the list.

Should I trust this? I mean I don't want to go there at midnight and find out it was for a $300 system or I was number 40 on this list but me thinking he didn't know of the preorders yet kinda make me think I am in the top ten.

[quote name='doubledown']Any GOOD $6.99 games for XBOX? Aren't they pretty much all OLD sports games.[/QUOTE]

Dead To Rights, Metal Gear Solid 2, Sega GT 2002 ($4.99), Rogue Ops, Amped, Phantom Crash, Max Payne, Max Payne 2, Alias, and quite a few others. I can't remember them all right now, because I already own just about all of them. I did pick up Backyard Wrestling and Nascar Thunder 2003 today because I figured $3.50 each was a pretty good price for games that I need for my collection.

There's a ton of good PS2 games that are $6.99 now though. Mark of Kri, Getaway, GTA III, Max Payne 2, Zone Of Enders (I think), Maximo, Kya, SSX, ATV Off-Road Fury 2, Bust-A-Move, Frequency, etc...

[quote name='buster90']Question:

I was able to preorder a 360 but thing is like most Gamerush employees he was braindead. He said nope we don't do preorders yet for 360 come back in a week. After some arguing he called someone who said yes we do preorders.

I did the preorder with $100 down but he had no idea if it was a $400 or $300 Xbox or what number I was on the list.

Should I trust this? I mean I don't want to go there at midnight and find out it was for a $300 system or I was number 40 on this list but me thinking he didn't know of the preorders yet kinda make me think I am in the top ten.[/QUOTE]

just look at your receipt, does it say "Wireles Version"?

i don't even think they are selling core version in the first wave

Here's some trade in values that I got today:

Ghosthunter $8
Dead 2 Rights (PS2) $20.25
Killer 7 (GC) $12.50 used to be $25.00

Also I saw that the Rainbow Six Lockdown and Farcry preorder boxes were both advertising the free games with preorder (Pandora Tomorrow and the original Rainbw Six).

[quote name='ksuwild25']Here's some trade in values that I got today:

Ghosthunter $8
Dead 2 Rights (PS2) $20.25
Killer 7 (GC) $12.50 used to be $25.00

Also I saw that the Rainbow Six Lockdown and Farcry preorder boxes were both advertising the free games with preorder (Pandora Tomorrow and the original Rainbw Six).[/QUOTE]

it will be a rare treat if gr actually comes through on the pre-order bonuses that we are supposed to get

[quote name='andrew333']it will be a rare treat if gr actually comes through on the pre-order bonuses that we are supposed to get[/QUOTE]

The workers must be doing something with the free stuff, because I've gotten something free with just about every game I've pre-ordered from GR. They seem to get more free stuff than EB or GS around here. Just within the last couple of weeks I've gotten a Darkwatch shirt, Darkwatch Lanyard, Killer 7 shirt, Hulk shirt, and a Hulk comic. Oh, and one of those Harvest Moon dogs as well.

Starsky & Hutch, IHRA Motorsports 2, Corvette, or Super Trucks Racing. Do any of these work with the trade in for $29.99 deal?

Also, has anyone been able to pre-order PDZ (Regular Edition), PGR3, or Kameo for Xbox 360 from GR yet with the $29.99 deal?

[quote name='uzumaki_star']Starsky & Hutch, IHRA Motorsports 2, Corvette, or Super Trucks Racing. Do any of these work with the trade in for $29.99 deal?

Also, has anyone been able to pre-order PDZ (Regular Edition), PGR3, or Kameo for Xbox 360 from GR yet with the $29.99 deal?[/QUOTE]

this is the question of the day!!! i don't think gr has yet to have the price reduced in their system on those 360 games, plus gr has said they don't expect it to apply because their cost to acquire the 360 games is much higher than the rest (notwithstanding that they will have the same retail price)

I asked a manager one time about preorder bonuses, and he said the employees would normally take all of the stuff as soon as it comes in. Actually they wouldn't take all of the stuff, they are nice enough to leave the ultra cool stuff like the Chaos Theory glow in the dark wrist band. :roll:

The only preorder bonuses I make sure I get are the ones that come with free games, which they always seem to give because they normally wrap them in a bundle with tape or a rubber band. I like the managers though, because they normally give me those big cardboard game advertisments, which I prefer anyways over game shirts and their other junk. The next one I pick up is the Geist one.

[quote name='uzumaki_star']Starsky & Hutch, IHRA Motorsports 2, Corvette, or Super Trucks Racing. Do any of these work with the trade in for $29.99 deal?

Also, has anyone been able to pre-order PDZ (Regular Edition), PGR3, or Kameo for Xbox 360 from GR yet with the $29.99 deal?[/QUOTE]

I have been able to preorder both PDZ and Kameo using the 29.99 deal, but it is extremely YMMV. They don't allow any more 360 games to be used as part of that deal when I tried to preorder other 360 games a couple of weeks ago though.

i was able to get a few freebies b/c drfrielgood was nice enough to give us a heads up. other than that, i haven't received anything for my numerous preorders :(

The 25+ preorders that I have picked up over the last several months have resulted in zero freebies. When I picked up my Darkwatch preorder the other day, I did notice all the employees wearing Darkwatch T-shirts... I'll ask them about it when I trade-in Darkwatch this weekend :)

I sure hope I got my Freebies with my Far Cry and RS:Lockdown. I could use a free Pandora Tomorrow

I'm hoping next week they drop the 360 prices. What are the 1st party 360 games in the system? Hopefully it works, since they would be $49.99....I think that's all the barcode scan really looks for.

[quote name='doubledown']I sure hope I got my Freebies with my Far Cry and RS:Lockdown. I could use a free Pandora Tomorrow

I'm hoping next week they drop the 360 prices. What are the 1st party 360 games in the system? Hopefully it works, since they would be $49.99....I think that's all the barcode scan really looks for.[/QUOTE]

has anyone traded in the following xbox games since tuesday:

the new hulk ud
midnight club 3 dub
tiger woods 2005

if so, for what?

EDIT: NO NEED TO ANSWER ANYMORE

[quote name='doubledown']I sure hope I got my Freebies with my Far Cry and RS:Lockdown. I could use a free Pandora Tomorrow

I'm hoping next week they drop the 360 prices. What are the 1st party 360 games in the system? Hopefully it works, since they would be $49.99....I think that's all the barcode scan really looks for.[/QUOTE]

Here is a list of titles being published by Microsoft according to ebgames.com:

Kameo
Project Gotham Racing 3
Perfect Dark Zero
Too Human
Lost Odyssey
Gears of War
Halo 3

Only the first 3 are listed as 49.99 though.

Grabbed the last pre-order for XBox 360 at La Habra... (They said it was the last anyways... Iunno)

Galleon (Xbox) $20 + $5 (25% extra) [Clearance at TRU for 9.98]
Nightmare of Druaga (PS2) $15 + 3.75 (25% extra) [Clearanced at TRU for 9.98]

Thanks CAG!

[quote name='h2dk']The 25+ preorders that I have picked up over the last several months have resulted in zero freebies. When I picked up my Darkwatch preorder the other day, I did notice all the employees wearing Darkwatch T-shirts... I'll ask them about it when I trade-in Darkwatch this weekend :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the first thing I've ever got from them was the Hulk stuff (for the rest of you - we go to the same store). h2dk - what do you think of them filling 9 of the 10 Xbox360 slots so quickly? I honestly didn't think they had that many regular trade-in customers (I assume anyone reserving at GR is a regular trader - but maybe I'm wrong and game renters are doing it...).

Does anyone know what NFL 2K5 for Xbox and Fairly Oddparents Shadow Showdown for GC get? I've hit my quota for bugging the employees at GR and BB about trade-in prices this week :D. If someone could ask about these next time they're in, I'd appreciate it.

Oh, and an update on that SOCOM I said GR wouldn't take. Apparently they were only making an assumption that "there were too many" and thus they weren't able to take it. I brought it into a regular BB today and at first she had trouble - then she said, "Oh, I have to look it up". She typed a bit, and came up with $3 for the trade value. I'm surprised the regular BB could handle this but GR couldn't. Oh well, so i missed out on the 75 cent bonus... It might have had issues because it was the one that came with the headset - maybe the UPC is different on the game (it DOESN'T say "not for resale" or anything like that though).

[quote name='eraser813']Anyone know what Powerdrome for Xbox gets in credit? I remember it was getting around $17 not too long ago. I found a few at Circuit City again today. They were $4.99.[/QUOTE]
When I traded it in a few months back, it was $11 before bonuses. It's probably still available at the store I traded it in. I'll check the price for you next time I go there.

[quote name='io']h2dk - what do you think of them filling 9 of the 10 Xbox360 slots so quickly? I honestly didn't think they had that many regular trade-in customers (I assume anyone reserving at GR is a regular trader - but maybe I'm wrong and game renters are doing it...).

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be suprised if employees accounted for most of those pre-orders. There was a very small list of names when I paid for mine on Monday and it wasn't until Wednesday that the manager called me to let me know it was now in the system.

I have yet to see any "informed" traders in the store when I am there. Back when they were giving the $5 bonus per game (when you had to remind them about it) some guy traded in 5 games and got like 20 bucks total and used it to buy some dvds. He didn't know any better.

I will ask them about it tomorrow, along with which one of the employees got my darkwatch t-shirt:cry:

Does anyone know what Bloodrayne 2 and Jedi Academy (both xbox) are getting these days?

At two GRs in the Indianapolis area, there are signs posted stating buy one preowned title for $6.99 or less and get one free. I believe I read somewhere earlier in the thread that GR was having this as part of a Labor Day sale, but others might want to check to see if this started early.

[quote name='IndyDad']At two GRs in the Indianapolis area, there are signs posted stating buy one preowned title for $6.99 or less and get one free. I believe I read somewhere earlier in the thread that GR was having this as part of a Labor Day sale, but others might want to check to see if this started early.[/QUOTE]

Which Indy locations?

[quote name='uzumaki_star']Starsky & Hutch, IHRA Motorsports 2, Corvette, or Super Trucks Racing. Do any of these work with the trade in for $29.99 deal?[/QUOTE]

Nope, just called and they only offer $1.50 trade in for each. I was hoping to pick up one of each from Meijer for trade bait as well.

Does anyone know if Fire Emblem: PoR is in the preorder system yet? I still need to switch my The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess preorder to that. Also I've got Battlefield 2: Modern Combat for XBOX on preorder there too. Does that come out in October or November? My receipt doesn't say. Thanks. I'm probably gonna preorder 25 to Life and Bully, too both for XBOX. I'm going to ask for Far Cry: Instincts and Rainbow 6: Lockdown for my birthday. Maybe Socom 3 if it comes out in time.

[quote name='h2dk']I wouldn't be suprised if employees accounted for most of those pre-orders. There was a very small list of names when I paid for mine on Monday and it wasn't until Wednesday that the manager called me to let me know it was now in the system.

I have yet to see any "informed" traders in the store when I am there. Back when they were giving the $5 bonus per game (when you had to remind them about it) some guy traded in 5 games and got like 20 bucks total and used it to buy some dvds. He didn't know any better.

I will ask them about it tomorrow, along with which one of the employees got my darkwatch t-shirt:cry:

Does anyone know what Bloodrayne 2 and Jedi Academy (both xbox) are getting these days?[/QUOTE]

I checked Bloodrayne 2 a couple of days ago and it gets $8 before the bonus.

[quote name='aoLat']Does anyone know if Fire Emblem: PoR is in the preorder system yet? I still need to switch my The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess preorder to that. [/QUOTE]

Not as of Thursday. If you are just going to switch them you can wait a few weeks. I want to preorder Fire Emblem with the deal, so I want them to add it before the deal ends. I guess I could just preorder a second Zelda and switch that later since it comes out so long from now, but I've had problems switching things in the past - expecially after the deals are over and they have no more barcode to scan (since they credit me $30 then charge $50 to switch and need the barcode to fix that). Most GR don't do this though, so you can probably switch yours later no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back