Gamerush Thread #2 - Trade 2, preorder a game for 29.99 starts 07/19, details inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
New and improved and with less thread crapping (hopefully).

Link to the old thread - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54806

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

Trade in 2 games, preorder any game for 29.99!! (July 19th - ??)

Restrictions and rules below:

[quote name='drfrielgood']Alright, I read the map today and here's some stuff on the new deal:

- As has been said, it starts on July 19th. I cannot remember offhand the date that it ends.

- Trade any 2 games, get any preorder for $29.99. I forgot to check if XBox 360 games are included in the deal, but as most people have already stated, I highly doubt it.

- The two games that are traded in for the deal must retail for at least $7.99 each (preowned price).

- The credit can still be applied towards the $29.99.

[/quote]

Preorder Lists -

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138684&postcount=723 - GC

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138694&postcount=724 - DS

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138704&postcount=725 - PSP

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138721&postcount=726 - PS2

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138727&postcount=727 - XBOX

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1147555&postcount=752 - XBOX 360

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Clearenced out Accessories

[quote name='Shipwreck']

Hip brand Wavebird rechargeable batteries for $.99 and the SP chargers for $1.99.

Blockbuster's in generally are also clearancing out a lot of their electronics for $1.99. This includes a Memorex Scratch Repair kit, Sony earbuds, 25-packs of CD-R's, etc.

[/quote]

I've also seen a Dreamcast VMU for 1.99.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

Lame, was about to pick up some free after $5 coupon games from bestbuy for this deal when I realized I dont have any gamerush within 50 miles of me.

[quote name='Ravenous']Again, how much would these fetch?

Ace Combat 5
Medal of Honor - Rising Sun (GC)[/QUOTE]

The answer you seek is only a phone call away.

Not sure if it has been posted & I'm not going to read the thread looking but I saw a flyer in Gamerush for Preowned PS2 & Nintedo DS systems for $99.00.

So, should we pin the pre-order list on the first page...I'm still at a lost ofo what to pre-order. I'm sure someone will see if the XBOX360 games will work too :)

Added IO's list of preorder games to the OP -

I just made a link to each system to the posts he made (luckily he made a seperate post for every system)... whenever someone finds an Xbox 360 list I'll put that up there as well.

[quote name='Roufuss']Added IO's list of preorder games to the OP -

I just made a link to each system to the posts he made (luckily he made a seperate post for every system)... whenever someone finds an Xbox 360 list I'll put that up there as well.[/QUOTE]

I have the xbox360 list as well - I'll post that a little later tonight.

OK, here's the Xbox360 preorder list dated July 5th.

October:
Call Of Duty 2
Condemned
Full Auto
Madden 2006
NBA Live 2006
Quake 4
Tony Hawk American

November
Dead Or Alive 4
True Crime 2
Burnout Revenge
Fifa 2006
NFS: Most Wanted
The Outfit
Saints Row
Tiger Woods 2006
King Kong
College Hoops 2K6
Elder Scrolls IV
Final Fantasy XI
Frame City Killer
Gears Of War
Kameo
NBA 2K6
Perfect Dark Zero
Project Gotham Racing 3
Ghost Recon 3
Tomb Raider: Legend

[quote name='io']OK, here's the Xbox360 preorder list dated July 5th.

October:
Call Of Duty 2
Condemned
Full Auto
Madden 2006
NBA Live 2006
Quake 4
Tony Hawk American

November
Dead Or Alive 4
True Crime 2
Burnout Revenge
Fifa 2006
NFS: Most Wanted
The Outfit
Saints Row
Tiger Woods 2006
King Kong
College Hoops 2K6
Elder Scrolls IV
Final Fantasy XI
Frame City Killer
Gears Of War
Kameo
NBA 2K6
Perfect Dark Zero
Project Gotham Racing 3
Ghost Recon 3
Tomb Raider: Legend[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the list IO, I want:
Call of Duty 2 (have $5 down)
Elder Scrolls IV
Gears Of War (have $5 down)
Perfect Dark Zero
Project Gotham Racing 3
Ghost Recon 3 (have $5 down)

Those are the ones that I want for sure.

I have a question though:

I preordered Quake 4 at GameRush. I figured that since I was able to get it for $30 (under XBOX on the preorder list) and it is only coming to XBOX 360, I thought I might be able to get a next gen game for half price. Since GR in general has more rules against this, (IO's story for example) I am thinking that I won't be able to get the game. Do you think I will get the game, or do you think they will just give me $30 back, which I am fine with. Obviously, I'd rather have the game, but nothing wrong with breaking even.

I am also hoping that GR starts a promo for next-gen games. Even if they had a deal like "trade in a game, and get $10 off any next gen game", I would be happy.

Damn, I just realized that there is no Brothers in Arm:Earned in Blood on that list. Hopefully they have it in their system.

[quote name='aaa']I have a question though:

I preordered Quake 4 at GameRush. I figured that since I was able to get it for $30 (under XBOX on the preorder list) and it is only coming to XBOX 360, I thought I might be able to get a next gen game for half price. Since GR in general has more rules against this, (IO's story for example) I am thinking that I won't be able to get the game. Do you think I will get the game, or do you think they will just give me $30 back, which I am fine with. Obviously, I'd rather have the game, but nothing wrong with breaking even.

I am also hoping that GR starts a promo for next-gen games. Even if they had a deal like "trade in a game, and get $10 off any next gen game", I would be happy.[/QUOTE]

I have been able to switch Xbox games to 360 games w/o any problems. But when I preordered many of the games I planned on swithing to 360 later (Kameo, Quake, CoD 2, etc..) I told the employee of my intentions and he said that would be fine with him, so YMMV like usual.

[quote name='aaa']I have a question though:

I am also hoping that GR starts a promo for next-gen games. Even if they had a deal like "trade in a game, and get $10 off any next gen game", I would be happy.[/QUOTE]

not sure how getting your 30 clams back would be considered breaking even given that you have lost your two valuable commodities in traded games (i.e., a 20 buck coupon off of a current gen game)

[quote name='andrew333']not sure how getting your 30 clams back would be considered breaking even given that you have lost your two valuable commodities in traded games (i.e., a 20 buck coupon off of a current gen game)[/QUOTE]

You do know that you get your credit AND $20 off of the game. I broke even. Sure, I could of preordered a different game for $30, but after BIA:Earned in Blood, there isn't anything else to preorder.

KSUwild, thanks for the advice. MY GR used to be like that, but they changed their policy, so I won't be that lucky. Congrats on getting 360 games for $30 though. :applause:

I really doubt that Quake 4 will come to xbox since xbox could in no way handle the game. EGM/IGN/Gamespot normally list games that are only rumored to be coming out. I might be proven wrong, but I highly doubt it.

[quote name='aaa']You do know that you get your credit AND $20 off of the game. I broke even. Sure, I could of preordered a different game for $30, but after BIA:Earned in Blood, there isn't anything else to preorder.

KSUwild, thanks for the advice. MY GR used to be like that, but they changed their policy, so I won't be that lucky. Congrats on getting 360 games for $30 though. :applause:

I really doubt that Quake 4 will come to xbox since xbox could in no way handle the game. EGM/IGN/Gamespot normally list games that are only rumored to be coming out. I might be proven wrong, but I highly doubt it.[/QUOTE]

i am quite aware of the workings of the deal, you still should pre-order something to make the deal pay off, worst case -- pre-order something like zelda and then ebay it

Gamerush employees are pushing pre-orders like crazy. Virgil (manager) is always getting people to pre-order stuff, and says he doesn't care that they have no intention of buying the games. He just wants the pre-order numbers for his store, and he tells them they can just switch them later. He said there was some intentive for employess, cause there's a thing called GAME RIOT being held in LA at the house of blues for the top 10 pre-order stores in southern california.

[quote name='cdeener']What is the price range for Used PSP games at GR?[/QUOTE]

34.99 for 40 MSRP, and 44.99 for 50 MSRP.

Better off getting them at EB / Gamestop with the 10% card.

[quote name='Roufuss']34.99 for 40 MSRP, and 44.99 for 50 MSRP.

Better off getting them at EB / Gamestop with the 10% card.[/QUOTE]

Yep, unless they have 3 you want with buy 2 get one free. Mine used to have a nice selection, then they were ALL gone. Even the 4 copies of Twisted Metal. I did manage a WipeOut Pure back in the day (the trade 3 deal...get a PO for $5)

But yes....he is correct on the prices. They seem to give $28 for $50 PSP games also....

[quote name='doubledown']Yep, unless they have 3 you want with buy 2 get one free. Mine used to have a nice selection, then they were ALL gone. Even the 4 copies of Twisted Metal. I did manage a WipeOut Pure back in the day (the trade 3 deal...get a PO for $5)

But yes....he is correct on the prices. They seem to give $28 for $50 PSP games also....[/QUOTE]

$28 for $50 PSP games

$20 or $22 for $40 PSP games. (Normally $22)

Hmmm... very quiet in here before the new deal starts.

I hope everyone posts their trade values on the new deal - particularly for the Circuit City $9.99 games. I still have a KOF:MI, a DS Ridge Racer, and some NHL 2005 games I was saving for the preorders. NHL 2005 for Xbox was $12.25 last week - hopefully it doesn't drop as that's not a great price to begin with, but OK if using it for the preorder deal. I'm in DC till Saturday so hopefully there will be a nice list of current trade-in prices posted here for when I can hit GR next weekend :D.

I'm going to run by a few CC's here in DC to see if they have anything interesting left. Best Buy also, though I don't expect to find any of the $5 games any more...

Also, if anyone finds out about new preorders please lt us know! I'm just about tapped out for PS2 preorders, so I'm looking for $40 and up PSP games, or $35 and up DS games to preorder. I pretty much buy all my DS games at GR anyway (at least ones they decide to carry!) so even if I save only $5-$10 on the preorders I figure it is worth it. What I DON'T want to do is use the deal on a $29.99 DS preorder, and I know they haven't quite finalized prices on some of them. For example, while GR may say it is $34.99 or $39.99, EB might have it for $29.99. I thought Animal Crossing was this way, but I see now that EB has it for $34.99 (same with Mario Kart). But did drfrielgood say they were $39.99 in the GR system? I'll probably preorder Animal Crossing in any case, since that is a must buy and that way I'll (pretty much) guarantee my copy at GR - even if I save only $10 or $5 or even $0 (if they come out with it at $29.99).

[quote name='io']Hmmm... very quiet in here before the new deal starts.

I hope everyone posts their trade values on the new deal - particularly for the Circuit City $9.99 games. I still have a KOF:MI, a DS Ridge Racer, and some NHL 2005 games I was saving for the preorders. .[/QUOTE]

I'll be trading a KOF:MI this week so I'll let you know. I have a feeling there will be a lot of price drops in trade-in values tomorrow, but we'll see...

Anyone know the value of Bards Tale? Its selling for $10 at EB, might be worth checking out.

I'm still tapped out on what to pre-order next too. XBOX pre-orders have seem to die down with the 360 around the corner...and the PSP seems to have a lack of stellar titles coming out.

[quote name='dinovelvet']I'll be trading a KOF:MI this week so I'll let you know. I have a feeling there will be a lot of price drops in trade-in values tomorrow, but we'll see...

Anyone know the value of Bards Tale? Its selling for $10 at EB, might be worth checking out.[/QUOTE]

I picked up a Bard's Tale for myself at EB. I doubt it will trade for much though. I would think $8 at the most, as it is down to $19.99 new most places. Ask, though, when you do the KOF:MI trade, because you never know - it might be another Constantine :D.

My GR still has The Bard's Tale used priced at $40, so they could be behind on that one... not that they couldn't have it fixed by tomorrow, though. I guess we'll see.

[quote name='Kastides']This deal Sucks!!![/QUOTE]

Ummm, so please refrain from stating so.....although, it really is the BEST trade-in deal around lately.

I still have some game left from the CC deal. Project Snowblind XBox/PS2, KOF:MI, Druaga, SOCOM, GTA Double Pack PS2, and Nanobreaker PS2. I'll run down to GR tomorrow to check prices and maybe to preorder a couple game if the trade-in value is right. I still need to preorder KH2 and FFXII.

[quote name='Kastides']This deal Sucks!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks, Beavis. Be sure to let us know what other fascinating observations you have to offer.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']I still have some game left from the CC deal. Project Snowblind XBox/PS2, KOF:MI, Druaga, SOCOM, GTA Double Pack PS2, and Nanobreaker PS2. I'll run down to GR tomorrow to check prices and maybe to preorder a couple game if the trade-in value is right. I still need to preorder KH2 and FFXII.[/QUOTE]

Excellent - I will be looking forward to your pricing report :D.
I just went to a CC in VA, and the PS2 selection was pathetic, but I got a THUG2 for GC. So if someone gets a price on that I'd appreciate it. Whatever you guys don't find out about tomorrow or Weds I will call from here and ask about. Don't want to call today because prices may change tomorrow.

Interesting thing at the CC - I noticed several SOCOM w/headset boxes sitting in the normal PS2 section - they had all quite clearly had their $9.99 price tags ripped off and the older $39.99 ones exposed. I wonder if they dropped this from the CC sale? I got one a ways back so didn't bother price checking it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I called my GR yesterday and they told me that the deal will apply to X360 preorders!!!! (might be ymmv)[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...that changes the games I am going to pre-order...might have to buy a few at CC to trade in as well now.

Any GR in SE Michigan letting people do X360 pre-orders with this deal?

I checked the GR website and still no posting of this deal, so no fine print about the X360.

[quote name='jkircos']Hmmm...that changes the games I am going to pre-order...might have to buy a few at CC to trade in as well now.

Any GR in SE Michigan letting people do X360 pre-orders with this deal?

I checked the GR website and still no posting of this deal, so no fine print about the X360.[/QUOTE]

the website has a definite lag to it, probably better off finding a flyer at the store which they usually have somewhat up to date

i do love the multiple ymmv reports so far - talk about a monkey wrench

[quote name='jkircos']Any GR in SE Michigan letting people do X360 pre-orders with this deal?

I checked the GR website and still no posting of this deal, so no fine print about the X360.[/QUOTE]

I just traded some Games into G.R. and they told me that the pre-orders for the 360 *ARE NOT* part of this 29.99 deal. Even states this clearly on their 360 pre-order list.

I just came back from GR as well, and the system will not take off the credit on 360 games on its own, or ANY titles over $49.99. If you were to try to preorder one of these it would have to be done by someone from management so your chance of getting 360 preorders or titles over 49.99 are slim. Also this preorder deal ends on October 31, 2005, assuming it's not pulled early like the last one.

Here's some trade in value

Xbox
Republic Commando 20.25
Fatal Frame II 18.00
NBA Jam 2004 3.00
Red Dead Revolver 5.00
UC 2 18.00
RS6: Black Arrow 8.00

Gamecube
Second Sight 7.00

PS2
Contra: SS 7.00

Here are some trade in prices regarding a few of those Circuit City $9.99 games.

Nightmare of Druaga PS2 - $15.75
KOF: Maximum Impact PS2 - $13.75
Nanobreaker PS2 - $8
Project Snowblind PS2 - $10
Project Snowblind XBox - $10
GTA Double Pack PS2 - $12.25
Baten Kaitos GC - $14
THUG 2 GC - $8

[quote name='SOSTrooper']Here are some trade in prices regarding a few of those Circuit City $9.99 games.

Nanobreaker PS2 - $8
Baten Kaitos GC - $14
THUG 2 GC - $8[/QUOTE]

D'oh! I actually passed up Baten Kaitos (since I already have a copy myself) because I assumed, as a $20 title, that it would trade for $8 at GR. I also passed up Druaga because I couldn't believe they'd hold the value of that one up for so long after all the cheap EB copies they got. However, I picked up Snowblind, THUG 2, and KOF:MI. Is that price the collector's edition pricing or just the game itself (I know a week or so back the collecor's edition was $16 and the game by itself was $14)?

I'll certaintly still do the KOF:MI, but I guess I'll return the other two to CC. I have a copy of THUG that I never opened and I've heard it is better than THUG 2 anyway. I'm not that into Tony Hawk type games but I'll keep one in case the kids want to play it some time. So, the next big question is what are some of the 2005 sports games fetching? Like NHL 2005 (all 3 systems - last time I checked the Xbox version was $12.25), and NCAA Football 2005 for GC - there's still a few of these at a CC here in DC.

Thanks for the prices SOS - you have helped me plan my CC return/purchase strategy for the next few days :D.

np. Though I do think the KOF:MI is the game alone. The CE version might be a couple dollar more. I just know they sell it for $39.99 while I was browsing the section.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']Here are some trade in prices regarding a few of those Circuit City $9.99 games.

Nanobreaker PS2 - $8
Baten Kaitos GC - $14
THUG 2 GC - $8[/QUOTE]

Interesting...looks like Druaga has gone up from $14, and Baten Kaitos went way up, somebody posted that they got $8 for it a few weeks ago.

Wow, I guess I'll definately plan to stay away from Gamerush now that they'll get a fresh new batch of KoF: MI and Druaga's into their store... can't believe they raised the price on Druaga, what idiots.

I'd trade them in though if I wasn't banned from trading in those two titles, since CC has at least 8 KoF: MI's in the bin. Oh well =/

I went in today unsure if they would let me preorder Xbox360 games. I got kinda worried when the manager walked in. But they did. It took them literally an hour to figure it out, but they got it and I got my games ordered.

I traded in:

Super Mario 64 DS- $8.00
Shinobi(PS2)-$5.00
Phantom Brave(PS2)-$10.00
Disaster Report(PS2)-$3.00
Giants Citizen Kabuto(PS2)-$3.00
Breakdown(XBOX)-$3.00
Animal Crossing(GC)-$8.00
Tony Hawks Underground 2(PSP)-$28.00
Metal Gear Acid(PSP)-$22.00
Zelda Link to the Past(GBA)-$6.00
River City Ransom(GBA)-$6.00
Tactics Ogre(GBA)-$9.00

I Preordered:

Kingdom Hearts 2(PS2)
Shadow of the Colossus(PS2)
Zelda Twilight Princess(GC)
Kameo(X360)
Ghost Recon 3(X360)
Saints Row(X360)

I paid them off in full. And, If you tell them to preorder Ghost Recon 3, they wont have it in their system. You have to say Tom Clancys Ghost Recon 3, thats what it's under. And with Zelda, you have to tell them Legend of Zelda.

I wish they had the Xbox360 in their system. Waiting is so hard.

I REALLY hope mine lets me pre-order some 360 games...I'll find out tomorrow. 4 games to trade in....so I can get two :)

I'm hoping: The Outfit and Ghost Recon 3
If not, I'll get BAttlefield 2 (XBOX) & something else....gotta look over the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back