Gamerush Thread #6 Deal on New Games

uzumaki_star

CAGiversary!
New thread and will try to update this post as best I can so we can keep track of everything Gamerush in the thread. Trade-in prices, pre-orders, and deals offered from Gamerush.

Link to the Thread #2 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56713

Link to Thread #3 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66496

Link to Thread #4 - http://www.cheapassgamers.com/forum...ead.php?t=69110

Link to Thread #5 - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71650&page=1&pp=50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy any Used game from Gamerush for 25% off started 9/13/05 and ends 1/31/06 Thanks io for the end date for the deal.

Buy any New game that is normally $49.99 excluding Xbox 360 titles will be $39.99. Started 11/22/05 and ends ?

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

(Thanks to Nemesis35 for these two deals too)
Purchase of either a Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness Bundled Gcube system or Mario Party Bundled Gamecube System you will receive your choice of 1 of these games:
Pikmin 2
StarFox: Assault
Paper Mario: Thousand year door
Metroid Prime 2
Geist
Legend of Zelda: legend of the 4 swords

Puchase of a Gameboy Advance (Not a SP):
Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls
Mario Party Advance
Mario Pinball Land
Wario Ware Twisted

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

$21.99 for 1 Game

http://www.gamerush.com/rules_gamepass.php click this link to find out about gamepass at Gamerush.

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions. Website updates happen but most deals are in effect way before they are updated on gamerush.com so check in the thread for the newest deals.

http://www.gamerush.com

i traded ghost in the shell $19, D2R2 ps2 $19, and D2R2 xbox $20. I almost have enough credit to last my movie pass for a year.

Hi, does anyone know the trade-in value for Tuimesplitters: Future Perfect for any platform. I think this game may be $9.99 at TRU.

Thanks,

vgc

[quote name='vgc']Hi, does anyone know the trade-in value for Tuimesplitters: Future Perfect for any platform. I think this game may be $9.99 at TRU.

Thanks,

vgc[/QUOTE]

Its 10 dollars for GC only (green tagged).

[quote name='vgc']Hi, does anyone know the trade-in value for Tuimesplitters: Future Perfect for any platform. I think this game may be $9.99 at TRU.

Thanks,

vgc[/QUOTE]

Posted a couple weeks ago...

[quote name='x_fiddle']
I also inquired about a few trade-in values in leu of the upcomming TRU sale...

Ace Combat 5 - $6
Cold Fear - $6
Dragon Ball Z Sagas - $10.75
FF Crystal Chronicles - $9.50
Splinter Cell: CT - $12
Time Splitters: FP - $12

Not as great as I hoped

On another note, DTR2 STILL gets $20 trade in for xbox... damn thats amazing.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ksuwild25']Does the 25% off used game deal apply to xbox 360 games as well?[/QUOTE]

I didn't ask while I was there, but according the offer on Gamerush's website it applies to "all titles and formats."

^^^^^That's strange...

I was at Gamerush this afternoon and both the Xbox and PS2 versions of DtR2 were tagged at 14.99 sale price.

[quote name='Archaic']^^^^^That's strange...

I was at Gamerush this afternoon and both the Xbox and PS2 versions of DtR2 were tagged at 14.99 sale price.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I smell a drop eminent...

has anyone had trouble buying stuff with their value cards. i went to the westchester store yesterday and they had the mario party 7 bundle for purchase and i decided to buy it. the manager told me i couldnt use value card (or credit or checks) to buy hardware systems. i find this very wierd. this isnt my home store which allows me to buy whatever i want granted i have the money but they had what i wanted in stock. has anyone bought their xbox 360 or other hardware using their credit? it will be pretty easy to take the credit and preload my account to buy anything, right? getting pretty annoyed with GR now a days.

[quote name='nakanenui']has anyone had trouble buying stuff with their value cards. i went to the westchester store yesterday and they had the mario party 7 bundle for purchase and i decided to buy it. the manager told me i couldnt use value card (or credit or checks) to buy hardware systems. i find this very wierd. this isnt my home store which allows me to buy whatever i want granted i have the money but they had what i wanted in stock. has anyone bought their xbox 360 or other hardware using their credit? it will be pretty easy to take the credit and preload my account to buy anything, right? getting pretty annoyed with GR now a days.[/QUOTE]

i used store 250 in store credit on my 360

A few trade in prices:

Starwars Battlefront 2 $35
Dragon Ball Z: Tenakchi $27

I was able to do the pre-order deal and she messed up and just gave me a bonus $20 credit, since the deal expired. So that will be an easy one to change to a Xbox 360. Also they allowed me to return Quake 4 (unopened) for full credit, so that was a bonus.

I used Value Cards to buy my 360.

I don't think there are any restriction on USED games, so hopefully 360 games will be 25% off. Now, I just need some people to trade them in.....which is rare at my store.

Oh yeah....no PD0 for my store yet either. Although, I think they finally did get a rental copy in. I'm going to assume this Monday or Tuesday.

[quote name='nakanenui']has anyone had trouble buying stuff with their value cards. i went to the westchester store yesterday and they had the mario party 7 bundle for purchase and i decided to buy it. the manager told me i couldnt use value card (or credit or checks) to buy hardware systems. i find this very wierd. this isnt my home store which allows me to buy whatever i want granted i have the money but they had what i wanted in stock. has anyone bought their xbox 360 or other hardware using their credit? it will be pretty easy to take the credit and preload my account to buy anything, right? getting pretty annoyed with GR now a days.[/QUOTE]

I used store credit for $175 of my down payment on my 360, then used $100 in Gift Cards and the rest in store credit to pay the balance... no problems on my end.

I am really hoping that my GameRush gets in Condemned used in the next week or so. I really want the game, but $60 for around 12 hours of gameplay is too much. I'd pay $40, since the game is a QUALITY experience from what I've read so far.

And this is all assuming if you can get 25% off used 360 games.

[quote name='fillican']My Gamerush has condemned for $40 used with the 25%. :p I might just have to get it[/QUOTE]

Yeah I will definitely pick this up if I see it. So was it mixed in with the regular Xbox used games, or do they have a separate section or endcap etc for used 360 stuff?

[quote name='dinovelvet']Yeah I will definitely pick this up if I see it. So was it mixed in with the regular Xbox used games, or do they have a separate section or endcap etc for used 360 stuff?[/QUOTE]

My Gamerush actually put it behind a display case with the New Xbox 360 games.

Dead 2 Rights 2 for $20 (buy 2 copies at Samgoody for $18) trade-in at GR you can pre-order any Killer game for $30 - $40 = +$10 Credit. not bad for new release game.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Dead 2 Rights 2 for $20 (buy 2 copies at Samgoody for $18) trade-in at GR you can pre-order any Killer game for $30 - $40 = +$10 Credit. not bad for new release game.[/QUOTE]

Except that DTR2 will probably drop any day now (and get you a measly $6 or so) and the preorder deal is supposedly dead (though at my GR the signs are still up so I could probably push it if I wanted) - so YMMV on both sides of that equation :D. Oh, and there's the whole 'banning' issue :D.

And just to chime in with everyone else - I had no problem using 2 or 3 different value cards to buy a Nintendogs DS bundle last week. Sounds like a BS rule your local GR manager came up with :).

about that, i supposed because it was westchester (pretty bad neighborhood compared to manhattan beach) the manager, maybe even the district manager, but restrictions. Thanks for the input everyone about being able to use credit for big purchases. i just found it rather weird that they wont let you buy stuff with their own form of payment, seeing as how they only refund you in bb credit regarless of how you overpay/pay&return... seem rather hypocritical to anyone else?

A couple of days ago I went in and traded in Shadow of the Colossus ($19).

I asked the less than interested employee if they were planning on getting any 360s soon, and he said not until February. I know that's complete BS, but I didn't feel like taking it any further since he was the only employee in sight.

At this point, with so much tied up in credit, I'd just like to know if I'd be wasting my time waiting for some to show up, or if I'd be better off tracking one down elsewhere. At least I'd know where I stood if they had a preorder list for future shipments.

By the way, while I was there, I saw that they didn't have any copies of PDZ for sale, but they had one for rent.

[quote name='sniper308']I used store credit for $175 of my down payment on my 360, then used $100 in Gift Cards and the rest in store credit to pay the balance... no problems on my end.[/QUOTE]

This is the same policy that wherehouse has. I had a huge fight with the local manager about this, as I had used 100$ in credit to preorder my 360. He was upset (because his assistant managers had allowed me to do it) and said he would call his district manager. 6 Hours later I picked it up using the credit I had managed to transfer onto a couple of gift cards.

I asked him why the rule existed and he admitted he did not know, BUT I think it has to do with how they would refund you if necassary.

bread's done
Back