Gamerush Thread #7 Buy any $49.99 game new for $39.99 excludes Xbox360

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzumaki_star

CAGiversary!
New thread and will try to update this post as best I can so we can keep track of everything Gamerush in the thread. Trade-in prices, pre-orders, and deals offered from Gamerush.

Link to the Thread #2 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56713

Link to Thread #3 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66496

Link to Thread #4 - http://www.cheapassgamers.com/forum...ead.php?t=69110

Link to Thread #5 - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71650&page=1&pp=50

Link to Thread #6 - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73561&page=1&pp=50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy any Used game from Gamerush for 25% off started 9/13/05 and ends 1/31/06 Thanks io for the end date for the deal.

Buy any New game that is normally $49.99 will be $39.99 excluding Xbox 360 titles (YMMV because some people have been able to actually get 360 games with this one). Started 11/22/05 and ends ?

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

(Thanks to Nemesis35 for these two deals too)
Purchase of either a Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness Bundled Gcube system or Mario Party Bundled Gamecube System you will receive your choice of 1 of these games:
Pikmin 2
StarFox: Assault
Paper Mario: Thousand year door
Metroid Prime 2
Geist
Legend of Zelda: legend of the 4 swords

Originally Posted by Zon27
I picked up a new flier today at GR. It's a single fold ad with some new deals that should be in the OP:

50% OFF all pre-owed Playstation and GBA accessories (that's all it says)

Buy a Pre-owned Playstation 2 ( ($99.99), get a pre-owned PS2 game priced $19.99 or less. Not valid with the slim system.

Buy a Pre-owned Gamecube ($69.99), get a pre-owned GC game priced $19.99 or less.

Buy a Pre-owned Gameboy Advanced (not SP) ($29.99), get a pre-owned GBA game priced $19.99 or less.

2 for $30 on the following games (all systems where applicable):
Star Wars Battlefront
Taito Legends
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
Sonic Heroes
Final Fantasy X-2
X-men Legends
Simpsons Hit and Run
Kingdom Hearts (ps2)

Xbox Logitech Wireless controller $29.99 (limited time offer)
Xbox Phoenix Live controller $21.99 (ugly orange controller with headset)(limited time offer)

GBA SP new Brighter Screen version ($79.99), Free GBA game with purchase (up to $35).

Just a note, I don't know the length of any of these deal as there are no dates on this flier
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

$21.99 for 1 Game

http://www.gamerush.com/rules_gamepass.php click this link to find out about gamepass at Gamerush.

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions. Website updates happen but most deals are in effect way before they are updated on gamerush.com so check in the thread for the newest deals.

http://www.gamerush.com

[quote name='h2dk']What was the price on these? (Considering NBA Live and NHL 2K6 traded in for $35 ea, both $60 new)

Just called my GR...Crystal claims they have PDZ in...we'll see. She also told me they received 3 cores on Friday and are waiting on the next shipment.[/QUOTE]

What utter BS (from them) - I was in there this weekend and they told me they hadn't gotten any more Xbox360's and weren't expecting any soon (it wasn't her). I don't really care since I don't want one, but I was just curious about it.

I'm going in tonight to see if they have VJ and M&L DS. Not expecting much (but I do have a movie to return, so I'm going anyway).

And botticus - while the Mario Party's all pretty much play the same, they do, at least, all have mostly different minigames. Once you play 5-6 games on one it seems you start seeing the same minigames again. So it is worth getting another version for that alone. We have 4, 6, and 7. I haven't opened 7 yet and probably won't for a while as we are still finding new things in 6. I decided we could skip 5 without missing much though :D. Now that my 3 year old has figured out how to use a Wavebird the GC has been getting a ton of play lately - I can actually play 4 player games with the 3 kids now - a little MP6, and a lot of Smash Bros., which I just got 6 months ago or so... And that Harry Potter Goblet of Fire game (from GR) is another great one - 3 player cooperative, perfect for the 3 kids (except when I have to help them).

I AM SO TIRED OF WAITING FOR PDO!!!! >:eek:. I am about to just go to Best Buy and buy it and then return the Gamerush copy to Best Buy whenever they get it in.

[quote name='fillican']I AM SO TIRED OF WAITING FOR PDO!!!! >:eek:. I am about to just go to Best Buy and buy it and then return the Gamerush copy to Best Buy whenever they get it in.[/QUOTE]

....why WOULDN'T you just do that? :dunce:

X360 games only net 35 instead of 45? Geesh I feel sorry for anyone who got suckered into buying those sports game ports...oh wait no I don't.

Anyone pre-order King Kong for the gamecube, I did but gamerush didn't get any copies. Just wondering if anyone else has seen King Kong at gamerush for the gamecube.

I got my PDZ 3 days ago here in Highland and the Redlands store had it the day after 360 launch. Now I'm finally seeing the wireless access point for it and the wireless controllers at my local GR. Thanks to Billyknoxville I now know that my local Best Buy is doing the used game program and taking in trades. I'd read about it before on these boards a long time ago so it was a nice surprise to have it happen close to home. I hear they give good credit for D2R2!

Went in tonight and got a mixture of good and bad news.

My Mario & Luigi DS game was IN, which was a bit unbelievable. They didn't even have it at Target. However, on the flip side, still no Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble.

Phantasy Star Universe for PS2 is on the preorder list, and the signs were still up for the Trade 2 preorder deal. But I was skeptical. I had some cheap games I had just purchased at Target and could have used them for the preorder, but I had them check first - ring up the game and try the preorder barcode. When they did that, the system showed that the deal ended on the 21st. They had no idea this had happened. Maybe now they can take down their signs... Unlike just about every other store in existance, of course, they would not have honored the deal even though it was posted (I didn't even try, because I knew they wouldn't/couldn't do it). So at least my trade fodder games remained sealed and I can return them to Target if no new deal shows up in the next month or two.

I have a couple of double-preorders that I could switch if I felt like it. I just know that is going to be a giant hassle now with the preorder barcode not working. They will refund me $30, ring up the new one, and not know how to, or even if they should, deal with the $20 difference... I'd like to switch my Viewtiful Joe DS preorder for a $50 game (preorder) since, obviously, I wouldn't have preordered it with them if they weren't going to get it! But I know that will be a hassle as well.

[quote name='deadite76']PD0 and Mario & Luigi both came in at GR. Picked up PGR3 and got it for $49.99![/QUOTE]

$49.99 is the regular price for PGR3.

[quote name='io']

I have a couple of double-preorders that I could switch if I felt like it. I just know that is going to be a giant hassle now with the preorder barcode not working. They will refund me $30, ring up the new one, and not know how to, or even if they should, deal with the $20 difference... I'd like to switch my Viewtiful Joe DS preorder for a $50 game (preorder) since, obviously, I wouldn't have preordered it with them if they weren't going to get it! But I know that will be a hassle as well.[/QUOTE]

YMMV, but the last two pre-orders that I cancelled (both after the release date) I received the full $39.99 value back (Operation Flashpoint: Elite and Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes, actually returned KOF unopened about a week after I picked it up)

Kind of helps that the manager is still AWOL and their turnover rate is worse than the Blazers.

[quote name='h2dk']YMMV, but the last two pre-orders that I cancelled (both after the release date) I received the full $39.99 value back (Operation Flashpoint: Elite and Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes, actually returned KOF unopened about a week after I picked it up)

Kind of helps that the manager is still AWOL and their turnover rate is worse than the Blazers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when I tried to return Shadow the Hedgehog I got one of the guys who knows me well and of course he knew I had most likely gotten it with the deal - thus only $30. I guess I need to try it when the newbies are there. The problem is they aren't likely to know how cancel a preorder (and especially cancelling VJ and adding a new preorder). Hell, they can barely deliver my games without help. They tend to call in one of the people who knows about the deal. Returning the game unopened after the fact (assuming of course you ever GET the game) is probably the best way, because any employee can do that without calling in for backup :D. But that doesn't help if I want to switch VJ or one of my Zelda preorders.

Well, I almost always got my full trade value back when cancelling a game. I went to cancel Gauntlet and switch to a 360 game and the manager had to do it....only gave me $30 back. Not a big deal since that is what it would trade for.

I pre-ordered Ghost Recon 3 (360)

Trade values (XBOX)
-Ghost Recon 2 - $6
Midway Arcade 2 - $7

Anyone know what BLITZ trades for (THE LEAGUE that is)

Well I checked on the D2R2 value today and it gets $6 now. Just as several of us had suspected. The price to buy it is 14.99. With the 25% off it's $11.24. Not bad if you can trade it in at Best Buy.

[quote name='eraser813']Well I checked on the D2R2 value today and it gets $6 now. Just as several of us had suspected. The price to buy it is 14.99. With the 25% off it's $11.24. Not bad if you can trade it in at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

And so, D2R2 retires into the GameRush Hall of Fame.

Please welcome Dead To Rights II to these hallowed halls as he has served us well.

May he forever be mentioned with the likes of Drake, KOF: MI, GunGriffon, Echo Night, Medabots, Steel Battalion: LOC, Auto Modellista and the numerous others that have lead to the large amounts of credit on many Value Cards across these 50 states.

[quote name='shipwreck']And so, D2R2 retires into the GameRush Hall of Fame.

Please welcome Dead To Rights II to these hallowed halls as he has served us well.

May he forever be mentioned with the likes of Drake, KOF: MI, GunGriffon, Echo Night, Medabots, Steel Battalion: LOC, Auto Modellista and the numerous others that have lead to the large amounts of credit on many Value Cards across these 50 states.[/QUOTE]

Ahem!

Lets just hope for the next great game!

Oh, I forgot to mention that I think I saw a new price drop today...

Playboy The Mansion (Xbox) $19.99 new

I haven't exactly been keeping tabs on this game, but it caught my eye as being a game that is usually more expensive than that. If that's a standard price for it now, just ignore this post.

[quote name='doubledown']So, are all 360 games trading for $35 then? I may trade Condemned when I'm finished with it. I'm on Chapter 5 right now. I hope my store gets some more used 360 games in. Maybe someone will trade in PD0, since I STILL DO NOT have it from GameRush. That sucks.

Do we still have a list of the 360 games in the system? Anything new?[/QUOTE]

At my GR the 360 games $59.99 were trading for $40 or $45 (i forget) and the $49.99 trading for $35

May he forever be mentioned with the likes of Drake, KOF: MI, GunGriffon, Echo Night, Medabots, Steel Battalion: LOC, Auto Modellista and the numerous others that have lead to the large amounts of credit on many Value Cards across these 50 states.[/QUOTE]

You forgot Druaga, Constantine, Galleon, and PowerPuff Girls Relish Rampage :D. They belong in the Pantheon as well...

Drake was before my time, and I must have missed out on GunGriffon and Steel Battalion, though I'm not sure how :D.

KOF(PS2) still gets $19 in credit. I just traded one in a couple of days ago. As well as Galleon. and Ghost in the Shell both gave $19

Trade-In Prices (All PSP)

Game Rush Trade in on these games (All are less than $10 at most Targets)

World Tour Soccer - POX apparently. No Gamerush will take it. Game Crazy gives $15
Gretsky - $12.50
Tiger Woods - $14.00
Darkstalkers - $14.00
Ridge Racer - $18.00
Dynasty Warriors- $27.00!!!

Also

Sabrewulf (GBA) - $2.00 (A good game, however)

[quote name='Lord Alfred']Trade-In Prices (All PSP)

World Tour Soccer - POX apparently. No Gamerush will take it. Game Crazy gives $15
Gretsky - $12.50
Tiger Woods - $14.00
Darkstalkers - $14.00
Ridge Racer - $18.00

Also

Sabrewulf (GBA) - $2.00 (A good game, however)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting that here - I was just about to cut and paste your Target thread message here (with credit of course).

Maybe some others here can answer the World Tour Soccer question. There has NEVER been a game not accepted at GR as far as I know (certain individual stores excluding a few games here and there notwithstanding). But of all the games to exclude, I don't see the point of not taking THIS one. It would be interesting to see if anyone outside the SC area (where Lord Alfred is) has this happen. I picked up a few of those but didn't get Soccer because it was still $10 at my Target - I figured it would fetch no more than $12-$14, so wasn't really worth it anyway. I need to find me some of those Dynasty Warriors though...

[quote name='io']
Drake was before my time, and I must have missed out on GunGriffon and Steel Battalion, though I'm not sure how :D.[/QUOTE]

Ahh Drake, nothing has come close to that legendary title... $27 trade in and you could buy it new for $5.99 at EB.

[quote name='x_fiddle']Ahh Drake, nothing has come close to that legendary title... $27 trade in and you could buy it new for $5.99 at EB.[/QUOTE]

During the most recent TRU green-tag sale I got a Drake for $2. It is worthless now (couldn't even be used for the preorder deal) but I figured it might come in handy for some deal somewhere. If not I could just frame it and put it on display in the museum of CAG.

Note that I never made anything off of Drake myself, just heard about it here before I ever went to GR. Actually, I was reading this thread about a year ago and looked up GR on the web and saw there was one near me. When I went in to take advantage of those amazing trade-in values, I went to the wrong side of the freeway and ended up at GameCrazy instead (I hadn't even realized there were stores on the other side). It didn't seem right, but since I couldn't find a GR anywhere, I thought I had to be at the right place. GC was going to give me $1-$2 for my games, so I said forget it and thought all of the people here were nuts and then ignored the GR thread for a few months. Then one day I happened to see the real GR and haven't set foot in the Gamecrazy every since :D.

[quote name='x_fiddle']Ahh Drake, nothing has come close to that legendary title... $27 trade in and you could buy it new for $5.99 at EB.[/QUOTE]

I got that beat by one dollar, Xbox Robin Hood defender of the crown, bought at the Circuit City July 04 sale for $4.99, traded in to GR for $27 (22 plus 5 bonus for trading in 3 titles). Good times!

[quote name='shipwreck']Oh, I forgot to mention that I think I saw a new price drop today...

Playboy The Mansion (Xbox) $19.99 new

I haven't exactly been keeping tabs on this game, but it caught my eye as being a game that is usually more expensive than that. If that's a standard price for it now, just ignore this post.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed this game....thought is very fun game (This game is not for Kid) :)

So, any new TRADE-IN deals on the horizon? I'm debating whether to dump a few games now while credit is higher or wait a bit for a trade in deal. I was hoping to learn what Blitz:The League trades for....Half-Life 2 may be out also (although I have yet to play it, but I can always pick it up on the cheap later if I REALLY want too)

I don't get the story. The manager called the customer an idiot, and now he's sueing? Zuh?!

I am praying that my Best Buy is a trade in store. If it is, I am going with 3 copies of Dead To Rights 2, and picking up Kameo, Condemned, and another controller.

Would end up costing me around $90 for all of that ($35 at GR, $55 at Best Buy). Good deal.

[quote name='radjago']I saw this story over on Joystiq and though you guys might want to know about it.

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000150070336/[/QUOTE]

Obviously the employee is an idiot and is undeserving of his management position because first of all you're not supposed to put offensive warnings on account just simply state the facts, secondly you're not supposed to print the history and give it to the customer, they are supposed to fill out a history request form and mail it to corporate to corporate will have time to take out all the warnings.

[quote name='h2dk']YMMV, but the last two pre-orders that I cancelled (both after the release date) I received the full $39.99 value back (Operation Flashpoint: Elite and Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes, actually returned KOF unopened about a week after I picked it up)

Kind of helps that the manager is still AWOL and their turnover rate is worse than the Blazers.[/QUOTE]

I cancelled Path of Neo and Contents Under Pressure a couple of weeks ago and got $107.xx put onto my account! Deffinately YMMV!

[quote name='deadite76']I cancelled Path of Neo and Contents Under Pressure a couple of weeks ago and got $107.xx put onto my account! Deffinately YMMV![/QUOTE]

Yes, the manager has to override it manually to only give you $30 back...I know. I usually get $50 for most games, but I ran into one lady and she overrode it to only give me $30.

[quote name='Nemesis35']Obviously the employee is an idiot and is undeserving of his management position because first of all you're not supposed to put offensive warnings on account just simply state the facts, secondly you're not supposed to print the history and give it to the customer, they are supposed to fill out a history request form and mail it to corporate to corporate will have time to take out all the warnings.[/QUOTE]

heh heh - a few weeks ago I wanted them to print my list of preorders (just to see if it synchs up with what I think I have preordered :D). They couldn't figure out how to do that so they just printed my entire history (I guess only 3 months back though). It is on a BB receipt about 6 feet long. I actually haven't combed through it to see if there are any comments there, but I did see some of the funny transactions where they would deliver/repurchase/exchange/deliver/etc like 5-6 times before they figured it out.

I know we talk about trade in values. This time I'm talking about the price of buying games at GR. Many of the games are tagged at much higher prices than what they actually sell for. For example, Timesplitters Future Perfect is tagged at 39.99 but the real price is 14.99 then with the 25% off it's 11.24. Not bad really. KOTOR 2 is tagged 29.99-39.99. The real price after the discount is 14.99. These are especially good if you have a Best Buy around that has the trade in program going on because you get $30 credit for Future Perfect also for BloodRayne 2.
This should pave the way to getting a Nikon D50 for Xmas.

[quote name='eraser813']I know we talk about trade in values. This time I'm talking about the price of buying games at GR. Many of the games are tagged at much higher prices than what they actually sell for. For example, Timesplitters Future Perfect is tagged at 39.99 but the real price is 14.99 then with the 25% off it's 11.24. Not bad really. KOTOR 2 is tagged 29.99-39.99. The real price after the discount is 14.99. These are especially good if you have a Best Buy around that has the trade in program going on because you get $30 credit for Future Perfect also for BloodRayne 2.
This should pave the way to getting a Nikon D50 for Xmas.[/QUOTE]

GR has always been behind on retagging games so it is always worth checking the real price - too bad they don't have price scanners like Target :D.

So you are talking about buying games at GR and trading them into Best Buy for profit? Wow, the times they are a-changin'... Of course, no Best Buy within 1000 miles of me takes game trades (correct, hd2k?). When we start buying games at GR to get more credit at EB or GS, I'll know it is the end of a good thing at GR (sure, I did this a little for the EB Nintendogs and GT4 deals, but those were special).

Half-Life 2 only gets $19????? I was going to trade it back in since I have not even got around to playing it....but that just sucks. This is according to th website....I'm disappointed.

Any Blitz:the League trade value yet?

[quote name='Lord Alfred']Trade-In Prices (All PSP)

Gretsky - $12.50
Tiger Woods - $14.00
Darkstalkers - $14.00
Ridge Racer - $18.00

Also

Sabrewulf (GBA) - $2.00 (A good game, however)[/QUOTE]

HUH?? :) $27 & 18 for a $10 game? Looks like i'll be going back to GR to abuse them a lil more. Hopefully I can grab a couple copies and try to get a DS on the cheap. I've got $40 credit sitting at GR as well.

Thanks for the prices!

BTW are these on clearance? I assume it's not just a HUGE sale.

[quote name='io'] Of course, no Best Buy within 1000 miles of me takes game trades (correct, hd2k?). [/QUOTE]

I believe it is a regional/test market thing...but not in our region:cry:

[quote name='doubledown']Yeah, good luck trying to find those games at Target also....been on clearance for weeks, stores around me have nothing.[/QUOTE]

I was able to find NBA, Gretzky, Soccer, Ridge Racer and Lumines at one Target, but no Dynasty Warriors. Your best bet is to find a Target that hasn't removed them from the case and tagged them as clearance items - that's how I got 'em. They were still locked up and marked $39.99. World Tour Soccer and Gretzky I also saw at 2 or 3 other Targets, actually in the clearance section. All were $9.98 except Gretzky which was $7.48.

[quote name='io']I was able to find NBA, Gretzky, Soccer, Ridge Racer and Lumines at one Target, but no Dynasty Warriors. Your best bet is to find a Target that hasn't removed them from the case and tagged them as clearance items - that's how I got 'em. They were still locked up and marked $39.99. World Tour Soccer and Gretzky I also saw at 2 or 3 other Targets, actually in the clearance section. All were $9.98 except Gretzky which was $7.48.[/QUOTE]
I may have to check that out when I return Gunstar Super Heroes (don't worry, I will probably rebuy it there or the other Target before December 13, I just need all the help I can knocking down my credit card bill this month :p Too many good deals and Christmas presents have killed me. Would be nice to have some trade fodder when I go in to pick up Mario Strikers and buy a bunch of shit with my $160 in credit next week.

Anyone know how much GUN for Xbox 360 is getting? I know that the Xbox version is going for $20, so I wonder if the 360 version is going for a lower amount well.

[quote name='lyric706']Anyone know the trade prices for:
Paper Mario (GC)
Fifa Street (GC)
Destroy All Humans (XBOX)

Thanks![/QUOTE]

As of Monday, Paper Mario was going for $24. However, it looks like a lot of prices dropped on Tuesday.

Hope this helps!!

vgc

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back