Gamerush Thread #7 Buy any $49.99 game new for $39.99 excludes Xbox360

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzumaki_star

CAGiversary!
New thread and will try to update this post as best I can so we can keep track of everything Gamerush in the thread. Trade-in prices, pre-orders, and deals offered from Gamerush.

Link to the Thread #2 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56713

Link to Thread #3 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66496

Link to Thread #4 - http://www.cheapassgamers.com/forum...ead.php?t=69110

Link to Thread #5 - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71650&page=1&pp=50

Link to Thread #6 - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73561&page=1&pp=50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy any Used game from Gamerush for 25% off started 9/13/05 and ends 1/31/06 Thanks io for the end date for the deal.

Buy any New game that is normally $49.99 will be $39.99 excluding Xbox 360 titles (YMMV because some people have been able to actually get 360 games with this one). Started 11/22/05 and ends ?

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

(Thanks to Nemesis35 for these two deals too)
Purchase of either a Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness Bundled Gcube system or Mario Party Bundled Gamecube System you will receive your choice of 1 of these games:
Pikmin 2
StarFox: Assault
Paper Mario: Thousand year door
Metroid Prime 2
Geist
Legend of Zelda: legend of the 4 swords

Originally Posted by Zon27
I picked up a new flier today at GR. It's a single fold ad with some new deals that should be in the OP:

50% OFF all pre-owed Playstation and GBA accessories (that's all it says)

Buy a Pre-owned Playstation 2 ( ($99.99), get a pre-owned PS2 game priced $19.99 or less. Not valid with the slim system.

Buy a Pre-owned Gamecube ($69.99), get a pre-owned GC game priced $19.99 or less.

Buy a Pre-owned Gameboy Advanced (not SP) ($29.99), get a pre-owned GBA game priced $19.99 or less.

2 for $30 on the following games (all systems where applicable):
Star Wars Battlefront
Taito Legends
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
Sonic Heroes
Final Fantasy X-2
X-men Legends
Simpsons Hit and Run
Kingdom Hearts (ps2)

Xbox Logitech Wireless controller $29.99 (limited time offer)
Xbox Phoenix Live controller $21.99 (ugly orange controller with headset)(limited time offer)

GBA SP new Brighter Screen version ($79.99), Free GBA game with purchase (up to $35).

Just a note, I don't know the length of any of these deal as there are no dates on this flier
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

$21.99 for 1 Game

http://www.gamerush.com/rules_gamepass.php click this link to find out about gamepass at Gamerush.

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions. Website updates happen but most deals are in effect way before they are updated on gamerush.com so check in the thread for the newest deals.

http://www.gamerush.com

[quote name='ViolentLee']Just to verify, you can use trade-in credit for gift cards. Good gift idea for those who we don't often think of this Christmas.[/QUOTE]

Would be funnier to just give the mailman 4 DBZ Sagas's ($20 gift max) and tell him to trade them in himself!

Hey you guys, which version of DBZ sagas goes for $5? I saw several xbox versions at my local TRU but the line was way too ugly to stand in to find out the price since I had to go to work. Is it the Xbox version? Thanks in advance

[quote name='eraser813']Hey you guys, which version of DBZ sagas goes for $5? I saw several xbox versions at my local TRU but the line was way too ugly to stand in to find out the price since I had to go to work. Is it the Xbox version? Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

PS2

I know this is the wrong thread, but since it is sort of GR related, I would rather ask in here:

Is the TRU deal confirmed? I am really hoping so. I can take $100 of the money I got from EBAY, and turn it into $200-$220 in GR credit. Hoping it turns out true, and my GR has copies of all of the games in stock.

[quote name='Zon27']PS2[/QUOTE]

The XBOX version gets $9.50, so you still make nearly double what you paid.

Also, NG:Black gets $13.50.

all dragonballz games are $5 off. I found my games in the clearance bin, and they were PS2[quote name='eraser813']Hey you guys, which version of DBZ sagas goes for $5? I saw several xbox versions at my local TRU but the line was way too ugly to stand in to find out the price since I had to go to work. Is it the Xbox version? Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

According to my TRU, the XBOX version is still $39.99 before $5 off, so PS2 is the way to go.

[quote name='eraser813']thanx for the info guys! Merry Christmas....[/QUOTE]

I celebrate Kwanza. :)

[quote name='MightySlacker']Might want to check dynasty warriors 5 and romance X credit values - seems like that might still draw a godo $ they both sell used for 44.99 last week at least

Dave[/QUOTE]

According to Stow OH gamerush, both Dynasty Warriors 5 and Romance Three Kingdoms X get $27.

You fuckers really should listen to me more often

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker']According to Stow OH gamerush, both Dynasty Warriors 5 and Romance Three Kingdoms X get $27.

You fuckers really should listen to me more often

Dave[/QUOTE]

Hey man I listened to you. I picked up a copy of each to price match on thursday. If they sell them at 45 the games generally get $27 and up.

Thank you very much MightySlacker.

2 DW5 and 2 Three Kingdoms X-$40
Trade in credit-$108

Wow. Great deal.

6 $10 games and 2 $5 games (2 of each: DW5, Psychonauts, Three Kingdoms X, and DBZ:Saga)=$70
Credit Earned=$180

Wow. Making 2.5 times your investment is considered a killing IMO. If only you could preorder XBOX 360 games for $40 or $50 with 2 trades. Then it would be the best deal in quite a while.

Does anyone know if you can trade in the free mini Star Wars controllers you get for free from TRU? We could make a killing. If it trades in for like $5 that's only $4.98 for RE4 and Pikmin 2! OH.EM.GEE.! :D

[quote name='jkanownik']It gets even better when you add in free Star Wars controllers.[/QUOTE]

I should be getting paypal.

jk - does Chapel Hill or Romig TRU do that - I know the one on the othe rside of Akron does

Dave

[quote name='aoLat']Does anyone know if you can trade in the free mini Star Wars controllers you get for free from TRU? We could make a killing. If it trades in for like $5 that's only $4.98 for RE4 and Pikmin 2! OH.EM.GEE.! :D[/QUOTE]

Found out about the deal. An idea:

What if you ebayed the a 4-pack of the controllers? You could make a good $40-$50. I might look into that. Could make the TRU deal even better.

How do you get those Star Wars controllers from TRU? do you just get them after a purchase? Im only asking just in case i buy something that i could ask for them if theyre not offered. Thx in advance.

[quote name='Usa Ghost']How do you get those Star Wars controllers from TRU? do you just get them after a purchase? Im only asking just in case i buy something that i could ask for them if theyre not offered. Thx in advance.[/QUOTE]
Just bring it up to the counter with at least one game. It will ring up as $19.99. When they total the transaction, it will come up as free.

A $10 clearance game and a Star Wars controller is making a perfect gift for each of two teenage boys I was just going to get a $10 gift card for.

[quote name='kojubat']Just bring it up to the counter with at least one game. It will ring up as $19.99. When they total the transaction, it will come up as free.

A $10 clearance game and a Star Wars controller is making a perfect gift for each of two teenage boys I was just going to get a $10 gift card for.[/QUOTE]

it's just that mini darth vader one for the ps2 right? I already picked up 3 and my TRU is out.

Wow, it's a GR/TRU thread now ;)

Hopefully I can get some decent games tomorrow at TRU to trade in...if not, oh well. I'm sure most will be picked over tomorrow...luckily I have only half a day of work tomorrow.

[quote name='Usa Ghost']Whats RE4 getting these days? Any other gems on the tru list that we should know about?[/QUOTE]

$19, at least it was on Monday.

Here are some other games that are $10 from TRU:

(PS2) Psychonauts- $24
(PS2) Dynasty Warriors 5-$27
(PS2) Three Kingdoms X-$27 (I think thats the name.....)
(PSP) Rengoku-$18
(PSP) Dead 2 Rights- $18
(XBOX) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory-$19

(PS2) Dragon Ball Z:Sagas-$12 (Only $5)

What does feel the magic get now a days? My Target has them for $2.49 each. Just wondering if i can make an easy coupole of bucks (most likely no more than 2.50 profit) that way.

Does anyone know whether used game purchases at Gamerush would qualify for Pricegrabber rebates? I've read the rules on pricegrabber and it doesn't say anything about games being used. It does say "qualifying seller" which I don't even know whether BB is considered one either.

[quote name='aaa']$19, at least it was on Monday.

(PS2) Psychonauts- $24
(PSP) Rengoku-$18
(PSP) Dead 2 Rights- $18

(PS2) Dragon Ball Z:Sagas-$12 (Only $5)[/QUOTE]

Ugh, my TRU had tons of the Romance of the 3 Kingdoms X, wish i knew they were worth $27...

Was able to pick up 4 copies of RE4 though.

This kind of sucks.

I bought Metal Slug and Psychonauts during the b2g1 sale in October and it's been 55 days.

I just missed the cutoff to return it or get the price adjusted.

Anybody ever get caught in this situation?

EDIT: They have tons in stock for both games too.

So now that GR is doing the trade two get a pre-order for $29.99 deal again, i was wondering something. Does the two games i trade in, only allow me to get the game for $29.99, or do i still get credit for the games, along with getting the $29.99 price.

[quote name='Bezerker']So now that GR is doing the trade two get a pre-order for $29.99 deal again, i was wondering something. Does the two games i trade in, only allow me to get the game for $29.99, or do i still get credit for the games, along with getting the $29.99 price.[/QUOTE]
When did they start the preorder deal again?

[quote name='Bezerker']So now that GR is doing the trade two get a pre-order for $29.99 deal again, i was wondering something. Does the two games i trade in, only allow me to get the game for $29.99, or do i still get credit for the games, along with getting the $29.99 price.[/QUOTE]

You get the store credit and the pre-order for $29.99.

Yeah, I didn't see any signage in my GameRush today for the pre-order deal.

Also, Halo 2 is selling for $10 NEW....I picked one up as a gift (had $14.99 tag on it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaa
RE4 $19, at least it was on Monday.

(PS2) Psychonauts- $24
(PSP) Rengoku-$18
(PSP) Dead 2 Rights- $18

(PS2) Dragon Ball Z:Sagas-$12 (Only $5)

Has anyone tried to trade any of these in today. I think the prices were posted on monday so I'm hoping they didn't drop. I got a DBZ saga, Romance Kingdom x and a Psychonauts that i'm hoping to trade in for $63 credit and basically buy DOA 360 for $25 cash. I know Berzerker has already confirmed RE4 is $19.

BTW for any who haven't went yet, your gonna strike out hard, and these are not $9.98:

I may have to go back to TRU now also....I noticed one store had a few of those games, but nothing was marked...the "hidden" sale. I just HATE dealing with X-mas traffic.

Ah, didnt know that that site has always been up, whoops ><

Ill probably end up going to TRU again later, theyre open til midnight, same as GR, so ill just stop at TRU before going to GR to sell my hoard.

[quote name='$hady']BTW for any who haven't went yet, your gonna strike out hard, and these are not $9.98:

(PS2) Dynasty Warriors 5-$27[/QUOTE]
I just purchased Dynasty Warriors 5 for the 9.98 price. But yeah, struck out on Charlie.

TRU in Pomona said they locked up all the $9.99 games till Monday when it is supposed to officially be on sale? Said some guy came early in the morning before they even knew the prices were updated in the system and bought almost all of their $9.99 games. -_-

[quote name='kojubat']I just purchased Dynasty Warriors 5 for the 9.98 price. But yeah, struck out on Charlie.[/QUOTE]

I bought 3 copies of DW 5 today. I went to two different GR's and the trade in vaule was 12 bucks. I made a whole 1.50 on each trade in. I kept one copy to give as a gift.

[quote name='$hady']Has anyone tried to trade any of these in today. I think the prices were posted on monday so I'm hoping they didn't drop. I got a DBZ saga, Romance Kingdom x and a Psychonauts that i'm hoping to trade in for $63 credit and basically buy DOA 360 for $25 cash. I know Berzerker has already confirmed RE4 is $19.

BTW for any who haven't went yet, your gonna strike out hard, and these are not $9.98:

(PS2) Dynasty Warriors 5-$27[/QUOTE]

The only Charlie and the Chocolate Factory that sells for $9.98 is the one with the movie ticket inside. The other has a different sku.

I got $33.75 for RO3KX (x2) and $30 for Psychonauts for PS2 at my GR in So.Cal. I think they gave me the extra 25% credit for trading in 3 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back