Gamerush Thread #7 Buy any $49.99 game new for $39.99 excludes Xbox360

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzumaki_star

CAGiversary!
New thread and will try to update this post as best I can so we can keep track of everything Gamerush in the thread. Trade-in prices, pre-orders, and deals offered from Gamerush.

Link to the Thread #2 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56713

Link to Thread #3 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66496

Link to Thread #4 - http://www.cheapassgamers.com/forum...ead.php?t=69110

Link to Thread #5 - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71650&page=1&pp=50

Link to Thread #6 - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73561&page=1&pp=50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy any Used game from Gamerush for 25% off started 9/13/05 and ends 1/31/06 Thanks io for the end date for the deal.

Buy any New game that is normally $49.99 will be $39.99 excluding Xbox 360 titles (YMMV because some people have been able to actually get 360 games with this one). Started 11/22/05 and ends ?

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

(Thanks to Nemesis35 for these two deals too)
Purchase of either a Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness Bundled Gcube system or Mario Party Bundled Gamecube System you will receive your choice of 1 of these games:
Pikmin 2
StarFox: Assault
Paper Mario: Thousand year door
Metroid Prime 2
Geist
Legend of Zelda: legend of the 4 swords

Originally Posted by Zon27
I picked up a new flier today at GR. It's a single fold ad with some new deals that should be in the OP:

50% OFF all pre-owed Playstation and GBA accessories (that's all it says)

Buy a Pre-owned Playstation 2 ( ($99.99), get a pre-owned PS2 game priced $19.99 or less. Not valid with the slim system.

Buy a Pre-owned Gamecube ($69.99), get a pre-owned GC game priced $19.99 or less.

Buy a Pre-owned Gameboy Advanced (not SP) ($29.99), get a pre-owned GBA game priced $19.99 or less.

2 for $30 on the following games (all systems where applicable):
Star Wars Battlefront
Taito Legends
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
Sonic Heroes
Final Fantasy X-2
X-men Legends
Simpsons Hit and Run
Kingdom Hearts (ps2)

Xbox Logitech Wireless controller $29.99 (limited time offer)
Xbox Phoenix Live controller $21.99 (ugly orange controller with headset)(limited time offer)

GBA SP new Brighter Screen version ($79.99), Free GBA game with purchase (up to $35).

Just a note, I don't know the length of any of these deal as there are no dates on this flier
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

$21.99 for 1 Game

http://www.gamerush.com/rules_gamepass.php click this link to find out about gamepass at Gamerush.

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions. Website updates happen but most deals are in effect way before they are updated on gamerush.com so check in the thread for the newest deals.

http://www.gamerush.com

[quote name='Zon27']Anyone know how much Delta Force Blackhawk Down PS2 and Flatout XB get?[/QUOTE]
I got $27 for Blackhawk Down on Monday. May have changed, probably not.

What is GR return policy w/o a receipt? I got a game for X-mas from my aunt in Delaware...I already had it. I don't want to scam a store, credit is fine, just wondering if GR was a good place to return a sealed game w/o a receipt. If i'm crossing any lines, let me know and I'll delete.
thanks.

The following values are still valid as of today:

Fight Night Round 2 (GCN) - $27
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (PS2) - $19
Romance of the 3 Kingdoms (PS2) - $27
Dragonball Z Sagas (PS2) - $12
Psychonauts (PS2) - $24

My store got DoA4 in today as well. Didn't have any time to check for preorders - the person in front of me at the counter used up all my wiggle room dealing with an identity fraud situation (I don't begrudge them - much).

[quote name='Bezerker']Just want to let everyone know that Kuon is still goin for $24.[/QUOTE]
Have to see if I have time around party planning to get over to my GR to take care of that. Need to do a return too, might as well try to get it all taken care of before the New Year.

[quote name='ECW_fan']Did not see it, but PGR3 get 28.50. As of today 12/30[/QUOTE]

I traded NBA LIVE 2006 for the 360 yesterday. All I got was $28. Less than half of the purchase only 5 weeks after launch. After playing Live and 2k6, no wonder Live's value is dropping fast, but that's another thread.

[quote name='doubledown']What is GR return policy w/o a receipt? I got a game for X-mas from my aunt in Delaware...I already had it. I don't want to scam a store, credit is fine, just wondering if GR was a good place to return a sealed game w/o a receipt. If i'm crossing any lines, let me know and I'll delete.
thanks.[/QUOTE]

no receipt, no return has been my experience - very strict even with their best customers

in fact, i think you can't return a used game bought at another store even with a receipt -- just a little tidbit for ya

[quote name='pistonfan']I traded NBA LIVE 2006 for the 360 yesterday. All I got was $28. Less than half of the purchase only 5 weeks after launch. After playing Live and 2k6, no wonder Live's value is dropping fast, but that's another thread.[/QUOTE]

maybe it's a good sign, maybe 360 deals will be forthcoming

[quote name='andrew333']maybe it's a good sign, maybe 360 deals will be forthcoming[/QUOTE]

No, I think it's just that GR is starting to get smarter and smarter on their buy-back values for games, besides those odd little gems here and there.

Yeah it took them long enough to realize that giving someone 35.00 for a 360 game and then selling it for 33.75 after 25% off wasn't making them any money.

made a trip tonight. returned a used HALO 2 and paid the difference on a new one. I did buy from a different store, so it is possible to return games with receipt. Most stores are pretty lenient about returns without receipt around xmas, so just explain the situation and maybe you will get lucky. Make sure you are seen bringing the game into the store so you dont get accused of stealing.

Traded
PS2 - GITS_SAC $19
PS2 - DF BHD $27

Also swapped one of my copy of FF12 to Black. Had FF12 on preorder for over a year now, figured I would try to get another game instead. Deciding whether to do the same for zelda.

edit: has anyone compiled a list of TRU games that net 2x+ investment. Saw a bunch of xbox flatout (5+) at TRU for 9.98 for the person saying it gets 27ish.

Here are the ones i know of:

Flatout - $27
Romance of the 3 Kingdoms X - $27
Fight Night Round 2 (GC) - $27
Delta Force - Black Hawk Down - $27
Psychonauts (PS2) - $24
Resident Evil 4 (GC) - $19
Ghost in the Shell (SAC) - $19
Haunting Ground - $19
Rengoku - $18

I know you can still get RE4 & Haunting Ground on TRU's site for $9.99, but you gotta pay for shipping ,and RE4's shipping date isnt til March 1st.

[quote name='Bezerker']Here are the ones i know of:

Flatout - $27
Psychonauts (PS2) - $24
Haunting Ground - $19
Rengoku - $18

I know you can still get RE4 & Haunting Ground on TRU's site for $9.99, but you gotta pay for shipping ,and RE4's shipping date isnt til March 1st.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot. I've got a copy of Haunting Ground from this TRU sale to trade in, and I'm going to go to the other TRU to see if there's any of those titles in stock there. :D

dynasty warriors 5 also getting 20+, right? saw a doom3 at TRU but heard it was a dissapointment so passed on it (what is this trading at?)

has anyone seen Mario DDR or Guitar Hero at their GR lately? I called and asked but the manager said they had not received any yet. I dont think that they will ever get them in if they havent got them yet.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']They did get Mario DDR when it came out, i don't think they will ever get Guitar Hero.

Doom 3 xbx gets $6[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I would be surprised if they got restocked with Mario DDR, too much shelf/drawer space for that.

[quote name='aoLat']Thanks a lot. I've got a copy of Haunting Ground from this TRU sale to trade in, and I'm going to go to the other TRU to see if there's any of those titles in stock there. :D[/QUOTE]

If you haven't played Haunting Ground...play it. It's pretty good. It's got great graphics and the dog partner is very interesting.

[quote name='Bezerker']Anyone know what the trade in value for Wrestlemania 21 is?

The GR here doesnt carry Mario DDR, Guitar Hero, or Popolocrois.[/QUOTE]

is Mario DDR still selling like hotcake on ebay? I saw some people still buying 'em.. I have seen then at my GS and never really interested in ebay (too much hassle i guess..)..

[quote name='racthamp']Does GR sell memory stick duo at all? might be a good idea to use my credit for something i'd use.. :)[/QUOTE]

Mine does. They've got em both used and new.

I was hoping to use my credit torwards a 360, but they say they wont get any until March, and then they still have their pre-order list to take care of.

[quote name='Bezerker']Mine does. They've got em both used and new.[/QUOTE]

yeah just saw the flyer at my GR the 1GB is for $119...whoa.. even with the trade in credits.it may not be worth.. :)

[quote name='Zon27']If you haven't played Haunting Ground...play it. It's pretty good. It's got great graphics and the dog partner is very interesting.[/QUOTE]

yeah it's kind of a bummer that people are buying the game just to trade. If you like horror games at all, and especially if you liked clock tower, at least try out the game. It's got great graphics and some scary gameplay, fun stuff.

[quote name='Bezerker']Here are the ones i know of:

Flatout - $27
Psychonauts (PS2) - $24
Haunting Ground - $19
Rengoku - $18

I know you can still get RE4 & Haunting Ground on TRU's site for $9.99, but you gotta pay for shipping ,and RE4's shipping date isnt til March 1st.[/QUOTE]

Add Winning Eleven 8 and World Tour Soccer 2006 for PS2 at $19.

[quote name='Bezerker']Anyone know what the trade in value for Wrestlemania 21 is?

The GR here doesnt carry Mario DDR, Guitar Hero, or Popolocrois.[/QUOTE]

GR "carries" Mario DDR, or at least they did because I actually got one via a preorder. Now, they may never get it in again. The other two, however, I think they truly don't carry.

They've been researching PopoloCrois for me for several days now - no answer yet (I think the 'research' consisted of one email to corporate). But since they don't even carry it as a rental it is not a good sign. I noticed this game is absent from many places - including Target. None of the EB's near me has any left either (they DID, but I was waiting for GR to get their act together). Looks like another (like VJ DS before it) that I was allowed to preorder even though they had no intention of stocking it. Hopefully they will let me switch it to something else without any hassle. Once again the staff has changed since the last time I did that.

[quote name='racthamp']is Mario DDR still selling like hotcake on ebay? I saw some people still buying 'em.. I have seen then at my GS and never really interested in ebay (too much hassle i guess..)..[/QUOTE]

I took a quick look - seems like they are selling for EVEN MORE than they did before Christmas. Some are going upwards of $160 now! Wow... And as far as I know they will be making more of these within the next month or two. Some people are so impatient. Now maybe I'm wrong - but if Nintendo is so dumb as to discontinue what is obviously a hot product then it doesn't bode too well for their future. But I think we will see many more of these in stores soon.

Edit - Was at Fry's this evening. I heard yet another reason for the shortage - they are discontinued because it was "too easy" and they are going to come out with a modified version. OK, this is at least the 4th different story I've heard. I've also heard the pads are defective, the pads are too slippery, they had licencing issues, etc... Sounds like people pulling reasons out of their *ss to me... In any case, perhaps the original version will be some sort of collectible because they might possibly change the game - but if it makes the game better than I'm glad I sold mine and will wait for the new one! In any case, if any of you still see one at your GR I would suggest picking it up, $10 discount or not.

All the TRU titles appear to be holding up:

GC Fight Night round 2 : 27
Xbox Flatout : 27
PS2 Psychonauts : 24
PS2 Romance X : 27
PS2 Romance IX : 12 , I mistakenly thought this one traded for 19, wouldn't have bothered picking it up otherwise. Oh well I made a buck out of it :)

[quote name='dinovelvet']All the TRU titles appear to be holding up:

GC Fight Night round 2 : 27
Xbox Flatout : 27
PS2 Psychonauts : 24
PS2 Romance X : 27
PS2 Romance IX : 12 , I mistakenly thought this one traded for 19, wouldn't have bothered picking it up otherwise. Oh well I made a buck out of it :)[/QUOTE]

And Haunting Ground is still $19. I got a new preorder list today. I'm not sure how much good it will be unless they bring a preorder deal back, but it was useful for me in changing my Popolocrois preorder to something they might actually get (we'll see). I chose Sonic Riders for GC. Yeah, I was a bit hesitant on another Sonic title after how much Shadow sucked (though I did OK dumping it on eBay). But my kids are really into Sonic and Mario Kart right now so the combo might be a good choice for them. I was tempted to get Eye Toy Play 3 since it was a $50 game, but I figured I better make it easy on them to switch (PopoloCrois and Sonic Riders are both $39.99 so they didn't have to mess with credit to give me a new preorder).

I'll post the rest of the list later when I get some quiet time :D. Here's a teaser - they have FF XII with a street date of Oct. 15th.

Here's a relatively up-to-date GR preorder list, grouped by month, based on GR's expected shipping dates (I have actual dates if anyone is interested but was not about to type those all in). Note that March 2006 was a placeholder for many of the games delayed from this year - so I would expect many of those games to come out even later. Note that this list also has a column labelled "Presell cut-off date" which is always 5 days before the expected ship date. Maybe they have an official policy about preorder cutoffs now.

Note also that this list is certainly not comprehensive because it does not contain Phantasy Star Universe (for PS2), which I myself preordered a few weeks ago.

Jan 2006:

PS2
Wild Arms
25 To Life
America's Army
NCAA Baseball

PSP
Ape Escape Academy
Bounty Hounds

DS
Age of Empires

Xbox
25 To Life
NCAA Baseball

Xbox 360
College Hoops 2K6

------------------------

Feb 2006:

Gamecube
Sonic Riders

DS
Resident Evil Deadly Silence
Namco Museum
Super Princess Peach
FIFA Street 2

PS2
Arena Football
Marc Ecko
Grandia III
Ghost Recon
Fight Night Round 3
Okami
Sonic Riders
24: The Game
Black
Tales of Legendia

PSP
Street Fighter Alpha 3
MLB 06

Xbox
Mark Ecko
Ghost Recon
Fight Night Round 3
Sonic Riders
Warpath
Black

Xbox 360
Frame City Killer
Ghost Recon
Full Auto

------------------------

March 2006:

DS
Metroid Prime Hunters

PS2
Eye Toy: Play 3
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsustence
Spliter Cell 4
Suikoden V
FIFA Street 2
The Godfather
Baseball 2K6
Onimusha
Kingdom Hearts 2
Outrun 2006
Full Spectrum Warrior
Driver Parallel Lines
Ballers 2

PSP
The Godfather
Lemmings
Metal Gear Acid 2
Splinter Cell 4
World Poker Tour
World Tour Soccer 2006
Y's: The Ark of Napishtim
Dragon Ball Z
FIFA Street 2
Generation of Chaos
Dark Mirror
Pursuit Force
Untold Legends Warrior's Code
Baseball 2K6
50 Cent: Bulletproof
Outrun 2006
Fight Night
Field Commander
MX vs ATV Unleashed
Capcom Classics
Def Jam Fight for NY
Daxter
Ballers

Xbox
Splinter Cell 4
FIFA Street 2
The Godfather
Baseball 2K6
Outrun 2006
Full Spectrum Warrior
Driver Parallel Lines
Ballers 2

Xbox 360
Gears of War
Rumble Roses
Splinter Cell 4
The Outfit
Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion
Timeshift

------------------------

April 2006:

PS2
Bully
Tomb Raider Legend

PSP
Advent Shadow
Mortal Kombat

Xbox
Bully
Tomb Raider Legend

Xbox 360
Prey
Baseball 2K6
Tomb Raider Legend
Top Spin 2

--------------------------

May 2006:

PS2
Hitman: Blood Money
Flatout 2

PSP
BattleZone

Xbox
Hitman: Blood Money

June 2006:

Gamecube
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

Xbox 360
Saint's Row

July 2006:

PSP
The Getaway
Gran Turismo
Rise to Honor

August 2006:

PSP
Bloodrayne

September 2006:

PS2
Scarface

Xbox
Scarface

Xbox 360
Final Fantasy XI

October 2006:

PS2
Final Fantaxy XII

Xbox 360
Demonik

December 2006:

PS2
Starcraft Ghost

Xbox
Starcraft Ghost

January 2007:

PS2
Fear & Respect

Xbox
Fear & Respect

Xbox 360
The Darkness

And 2 games with no release dates:

NDS Dragonball Z Supersonic Warriors 2
PSP Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow

I typed this all in, so I'd appreciate it getting added to the OP! Thanks!

[quote name='Roufuss']Wait, why is DBZ Supersonic Warriors 2 on the preorder list?

That game came out a few months ago...[/QUOTE]

Did it? Had no idea. It is on the printed list I got - but it is at the bottom with no date. Maybe, like PopoloCrois, GR didn't get it yet :D. OP, when you add the list just leave off those last two - we'll stick with ones that have dates at least, even if they are way off.

[quote name='io']I took a quick look - seems like they are selling for EVEN MORE than they did before Christmas. Some are going upwards of $160 now! Wow... And as far as I know they will be making more of these within the next month or two. Some people are so impatient. Now maybe I'm wrong - but if Nintendo is so dumb as to discontinue what is obviously a hot product then it doesn't bode too well for their future. But I think we will see many more of these in stores soon.

Edit - Was at Fry's this evening. I heard yet another reason for the shortage - they are discontinued because it was "too easy" and they are going to come out with a modified version. OK, this is at least the 4th different story I've heard. I've also heard the pads are defective, the pads are too slippery, they had licencing issues, etc... Sounds like people pulling reasons out of their *ss to me... In any case, perhaps the original version will be some sort of collectible because they might possibly change the game - but if it makes the game better than I'm glad I sold mine and will wait for the new one! In any case, if any of you still see one at your GR I would suggest picking it up, $10 discount or not.[/QUOTE]
Heh.. an additional possibility:

Not that I would take it for gospel or anything, but my friend's girlfriend informed me today that she heard they have discontinued it because they were not happy with the manufacturing of the padn (guess that would actually fit with one of th eother above reasons). So if that were true, then I guess they would put off on shipping anymore until they had manufactured new pads however they decided that.

And shit, easy or not, that game is one hell of a work out. Played it for a few hours today before the ball dropped and we were damn tired.

[quote name='botticus']Heh.. an additional possibility:

Not that I would take it for gospel or anything, but my friend's girlfriend informed me today that she heard they have discontinued it because they were not happy with the manufacturing of the padn (guess that would actually fit with one of th eother above reasons). So if that were true, then I guess they would put off on shipping anymore until they had manufactured new pads however they decided that.

And shit, easy or not, that game is one hell of a work out. Played it for a few hours today before the ball dropped and we were damn tired.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is included in one of the reasons I've heard :D. In that case, though, the game will probably be rereleased in exactly the same form, just with a better pad. That makes the current one a bit less of a collectible, if you're into that sort of thing. Like I said, I can wait. Hopefully they get new ones out by my daughter's birthday in March.

On other news, I guess today was some sort of special event - no one is around CAG :D. (And I was PO'd earlier today because I drove through flooding to get to Costco to return a defective DVD player only to get there 1 minute after 5pm when they closed! Damn Costco and their crappy hours - I'm sure it was critical for their employees to get that extra 1 hour off today to get home 7 hours before New Years!). I'm not one for these sorts of made up holidays myself... Actually, I just let my daughter know about the "holiday poppers" in AC:WW and she is setting those off for New Years. Fun times...

Thanks for the pre-order list. I see they added NO new 360 games still. I keep seeing Top Spin getting pushed back also....oh well. I just wish they would get Dead Rising in the system

Good to see there's somebody still out there :D.
Chior, was this a trade today or last week? Wonder what else, if anything, has dropped.

[quote name='doubledown']Thanks for the pre-order list. I see they added NO new 360 games still. I keep seeing Top Spin getting pushed back also....oh well. I just wish they would get Dead Rising in the system[/QUOTE]

Well, like I said, this list isn't comprehensive because it does not have Phantasy Star Universe or, I just realized, Chibi Robo, both of which I have had on preorder for a while now. It provides a baseline though to check for other titles.

[quote name='io']Good to see there's somebody still out there :D.
Chior, was this a trade today or last week? Wonder what else, if anything, has dropped.[/QUOTE]
It is today. I only traded that game in. No time to check other games.

[quote name='chior']It is today. I only traded that game in. No time to check other games.[/QUOTE]

I looked back a few pages and someone claims they got $27 for BHD on New Years Eve. So they dropped a price on a Sunday, and New Years Day no less. Very interesting. I might check some prices tomorrow, but I encourage anyone else who is visiting GR or BB to ask about some of these as well (Fight Night Round 2, Romance, Haunting Ground, Ghost in the Shell, etc).

[quote name='io']I looked back a few pages and someone claims they got $27 for BHD on New Years Eve. So they dropped a price on a Sunday, and New Years Day no less. Very interesting. I might check some prices tomorrow, but I encourage anyone else who is visiting GR or BB to ask about some of these as well (Fight Night Round 2, Romance, Haunting Ground, Ghost in the Shell, etc).[/QUOTE]

I too got $27 for Blackhawk down a few days ago. But as of yesterday, Fight night, Flatout, Romance X and Psychonauts were still getting 27/24.

[quote name='dinovelvet']I too got $27 for Blackhawk down a few days ago. But as of yesterday, Fight night, Flatout, Romance X and Psychonauts were still getting 27/24.[/QUOTE]

Yep, but we need to get quotes from today (New Years). I traded a couple of those yesterday as well - glad I did, now! Looks like the price dropped between then and now - UNLESS this is another regional/store thing or just flat out wackiness like DBZ:Saga. So it would be good to get a corroborating DF:BHD quote as well! I still have a couple more to trade (not DF:BHD, but some of the othese) so I will find out myself by tomorrow or Tues. for sure.

For what it's worth, my Gamerush said that it will not get any new video games to sell for at least 6-8 weeks.

Also, what the hell is going on with Geist? I'm not trading it in but I find it hard to believe that they are only giving $4 for it when EB and Gamestop probably give at least twice that. The game is not that old.

I can confirm the trade-in prices as of today, 1/1 for Flatout, Haunting Ground, Romance X, were still holding up. I can also confirm KOF Maniax for XB, another TRU title, gets $19.

Yea, i dont know why they knocked Geist down to $4. Even tradestop gives $15.68 for it..

BTW Kuon is back in stock on Gamestop's site at $9.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back