GameRush Thread #8 No Current Deals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

There are no sales at this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reported Trade-In Prices

All recent trade-in prices will be listed here along with the date they were reported. Trade-in prices are usually universal at both Blockbuster and Gamerush, but there are some that differ per region. Trade-in prices generally change on Tuesdays.

:ds:

$10
Polarium 1/8/06
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory 1/15/06

$4.50
Sprung 1/8/06

:gba:

$10
Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn Of The Souls 1/23/06

$2
Cartoon Network Block Party 1/15/06

:gc:

$30
Mario Strikers 1/5/06

$27
Fight Night Round 2 1/5/06

$24
Geist 1/25/06

$1.25
Metroid Prime 1/9/06

:ps2:

$30
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 Collector's Edition 1/21/06

$28
Need For Speed: Most Wanted 1/23/06

$27
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (differs by region)1/16/06
Dynasty Warriors 5 1/7/06
God Of War 1/25/06
Romance Of The Three Kingdoms X 1/12/06 (Possibly dropped to $10)

$24
Disgaea 1/19/06
Echo Night 1/25/06
Kuon 1/25/06

$22
Killzone (differs by region) 1/8/06

$21
Psychonauts 1/22/06 (Down from $24)

$19
Ghost In The Shell 1/25/06
Haunting Ground 1/11/06
King Of Fighters Maximum Impact 1/16/06
Nightmare Of Druaga 1/16/06
Samurai Western 1/22/06
Winning Eleven 8 12/31/05
World Tour Soccer 2006 1/19/06

$13.50
Metal Slug 4 & 5 1/5/06
NASCAR 2005: Chase For The Cup 1/19/06

$12
Killer 7 1/9/06
Romance Of The Three Kingdoms IX 1/9/06

$10
Alien Homind 1/23/06
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (differs by region) 1/1/06
Killzone (differs by region) 1/9/06
Romance Of The Three Kingdoms X 1/16/06 (Possibly dropped from $27)

$7
Killzone (differs by region) 1/11/06
Madden 2005 1/19/06
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 1/19/06
The Sims: Bustin' Out 1/19/06
SpongeBob SquarePants: Bikini Bottom 1/19/06

$6
Burnout 2 1/19/06
Powerdrome 1/16/06

$5.50
Dead Or Alive 2: Hardcore 1/21/06

$5
Siren 1/24/06

$4.25
Fallout: Brotherhood Of Steel 1/25/06

$1.50
Duel Masters 1/2/06

:psp:

:xbox:

$28
Need For Speed: Most Wanted

$27
Flatout 1/16/06
Half-Life 2 1/3/06

$24
GunGriffon: Allied Strike 1/24/06

$19
Burnout Revenge 1/2/06
Galleon 1/20/06
Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction 1/19/06
King Of Fighters Maximum Impact: Maniax 1/12/06
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory 1/5/06

$16
Winning Eleven 8 1/9/06
Wrestlemania 21 1/20/06

$15
King Kong, Peter Jackson's 1/9/06

$12
FIFA Street 1/23/06
PowerDrome Racing 1/12/06

$10
X-Men Legends II: Rise Of Apocalypse 1/2/06

$9.50
Monster Garage 1/19/06
Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic II 1/19/06

$7
American Chopper 1/19/06
Kung Fu Chaos 1/15/06
Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within 1/9/06
Silent Hill 4 1/9/06
Sonic Mega Collection Plus 1/19/06
Spider-Man 2 1/19/06
X-Men Legends 1/9/06

$6
Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time 1/9/06
Project Gotham Racing 2 1/9/06

$4.25
Red Dead Revolver 1/19/06

:360:

$35
Amped 3 1/21/06
Call Of Duty 2 1/24/06

$28.50
Kameo 1/7/06
Perfect Dark Zero 1/24/06

$28
Madden 06 1/21/06
Need For Speed: Most Wanted 1/23/06

$9
Headset 1/8/06

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

$21.99 for 1 Game

http://www.gamerush.com/rules_gamepass.php click this link to find out about gamepass at Gamerush.

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions. Website updates happen but most deals are in effect way before they are updated on gamerush.com so check in the thread for the newest deals.

http://www.gamerush.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Gamerush Threads: 2 3 4 5 6 7

Well, i traded in 3 games today (GameStop had buy 2 get one free!)

Kuon/Echo Night - $24/each
Sudeki - $5

I couldn't find any more GOOD $10 games at GameStop. I;ll check TRU fo Geist and Gungriffin though!

[quote name='Bezerker']Tempting tempting tempting... ack, and i told myself i was gonna hold off trading for a while.... what to do what to do. Meh, ill let you take em all, i dont feel like having to drive to either Dale Mabry nor Fowler.

*edit*

Then again, i just got the call from Gamestop, my 360 has come in (*jumps up and down*) maybe i should rack up some credit and buy some more 360 games.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I will let you take Fowler, I am going to check Countryside and a TRU in Port Richey tommorrow.

Dale Mabry has NO Geists, so don't waste your time.

I bought the last two Geists in Saint Petersburg today (sorry Elmyra, they used to have about 30, I only wanted two!), traded them in for $24 each. Asked the GR employee about Wild Arms 4 new, to which he told me "Uh... it hasn't come in yet...uhh... just for rent...". They still had the damn "PREORDER WILD ARMS 4!!!" boxes on display, what a shitty store.

Went to a different Gamerush, they had a new copy, for some reason the MSRP was $49.99 but hey, it only cost me $20 anyways in the long run.

Tempted to do it again one or two more times to get Wario Ware: Twisted.

I have barely seen any 360 games at Gamerush... they look like they haven't seen a new game in 5 months.

I asked about Devil May Cry 3, it trades in for $12 right now, which is a great price if anyone is planning of trading on up to the SE... espically since original DMC 3 will probably lose ALL its value once the $19.99 Special Edition comes out.

GameRUSH CAN track your trades through multiple stores if you do that, right? I only trade at one, but I have a second...but I don't want to even try and risk getting banned. I think I traded in 2-3 copies at the most of any one game.

[quote name='doubledown']GameRUSH CAN track your trades through multiple stores if you do that, right? I only trade at one, but I have a second...but I don't want to even try and risk getting banned. I think I traded in 2-3 copies at the most of any one game.[/QUOTE]
As far as I know, district can see all your trades in their district, but they only do that if you get flagged, or randomly, I suppose (since there are probably thousands of trading accounts in each district). Each store can only see your trades at that store, hence different trading accounts.

I think most of us have traded 5 or so copies of games, give or take a few (D2R2 to name one) and no one's had any adverse consequences. Other than that one kid who got banned seemingly at random, the only others were ones that had traded thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of games.

[quote name='Roufuss']Heh, I will let you take Fowler, I am going to check Countryside and a TRU in Port Richey tommorrow.

Dale Mabry has NO Geists, so don't waste your time.
[/QUOTE]

Tomorrow i'm planning on going to the dale mabry anyways, just to see what store closing stuff they have (im also hoping for some deep discounts on the Todd McFarlane action figures). THen ill take 275 to the Fowler store. Since i got my 360, theres a few accessories that i need to get at Gamerush. As for not having any 360 games, the Land O Lakes location didnt have any used, but they had all of em new. I think i may be going to the Wesley Chapel location too, since its closer to 275 than the Land O Lakes one.

[quote name='Doubledown']GameRUSH CAN track your trades through multiple stores if you do that, right? I only trade at one, but I have a second...but I don't want to even try and risk getting banned. I think I traded in 2-3 copies at the most of any one game.[/quote]

I believe so, if they are traded under the same account number, they should be universal. I dont think they see it everytime you go to trade, supposedly only a manager can pull it up? I believe if you ever get anxious enough, you can have a relative/friend open up an account, and add you as an authorized trader. I've traded 10 (9 to a single store) copies of Kuon, 5 Echo Night's, 6 Ghost in the Shells, 4 Killzones, and 3 REsident Evil 4's and i havent been flagged yet.

I've officially struck out at all my local BB/GR stores so now i'll pass the nugget on to you guys. ;)

If any else is looking to turn GR credit into very near or greater cash check out the prices on Ebay for MVP 06 NCAA Baseball. It seems that most people don't realize it's a $29.99 game..... I can't find any to flip into cash though so my never ending search to turn unreliable GR credit into spendable EB cash continues. :lol:

[quote name='$hady']I've officially struck out at all my local BB/GR stores so now i'll pass the nugget on to you guys. ;)

If any else is looking to turn GR credit into very near or greater cash check out the prices on Ebay for MVP 06 NCAA Baseball. It seems that most people don't realize it's a $29.99 game..... I can't find any to flip into cash though so my never ending search to turn unreliable GR credit into spendable EB cash continues. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Just buy $25 or $50 gift cards and Ebay them. I got $.80 on the dollar last year.

[quote name='DamingR']Just buy $25 or $50 gift cards and Ebay them. I got $.80 on the dollar last year.[/QUOTE]

BLAH that's no fun! ;)

[quote name='Bezerker']Tomorrow i'm planning on going to the dale mabry anyways, just to see what store closing stuff they have (im also hoping for some deep discounts on the Todd McFarlane action figures). THen ill take 275 to the Fowler store. Since i got my 360, theres a few accessories that i need to get at Gamerush. As for not having any 360 games, the Land O Lakes location didnt have any used, but they had all of em new. I think i may be going to the Wesley Chapel location too, since its closer to 275 than the Land O Lakes one.
.[/QUOTE]

Awesome... I'm sure I'll find some Geists up in Port Richey, there is no Gamerush up there and the deals seem to linger around there for a long time. I have to go up anyways to have lunch with my girlfriend and her mom, and I can just trade two more copies in at the Enterprise store on my way back.

I noticed one GR had Shadow Hearts: Covenant new, but for $29.99... is this an old sign, and it's really $19.99 like it was everywhere else? I noticed one GR had Sims 2 for DS for $34.99, one had it for $19.99, so I know there is some laziness when it comes to updating signs.

I'm hoping GR gets DMC 3: SE tommorrow, very rarely do they get games in the same time as GS / EB though. Would be great to pick that up tommorrow after I trade them my regular DMC 3.

It seems like all the stores around me have very little in the way of games right now. I realize that they probably sold a lot of games around Christmas, but the store stock looks like they went through and pulled games. I go in GR's in my are almost every other day, and stock has definitely gone down since the first of the year. Is this a sign that the GR's are going away?

[quote name='vgc']It seems like all the stores around me have very little in the way of games right now. I realize that they probably sold a lot of games around Christmas, but the store stock looks like they went through and pulled games. I go in GR's in my are almost every other day, and stock has definitely gone down since the first of the year. Is this a sign that the GR's are going away?[/QUOTE]
Generally I would say it's a combination of lots of people buying games around the holidays, and not many people trading games in around the holidays. If it doesn't turn around in the next couple weeks, then you might start to worry about your locations viability.

Went to GameStop today to pick up Kuon and EN. Had totally forgot about the B2G1F sale so I had to randomly pick a free game. I asked the guy to recommend a good game, he said Siren was good. Turns out it only nets $5 at GameRush. Oh well.

Siren - PS2 - $5.

Anybody know what TimeSplitters 2 (Xbox) gets as trade-in credit?

[quote name='Roufuss']Heh, I will let you take Fowler, I am going to check Countryside and a TRU in Port Richey tommorrow.

Dale Mabry has NO Geists, so don't waste your time.[/quote]

I called Countryside, and they're out. You're right about Dale Mabry, there were no Geists when I went on Sunday for XBox controllers. Fowler is also out.

I bought the last two Geists in Saint Petersburg today (sorry Elmyra, they used to have about 30, I only wanted two!)

Actually, I thought the St. Pete store was out the last time I went, so I headed straight for Brandon. I got 6 Geists and a Ghost in the Shell. :D Then I went to the Brandon Circuit City, and got 4 PS2 Power Dromes for $1.96 each. They only get $5 in trade at GR, but I was right there.

Oh, also, I got a new copy of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney at the Gulf-to-Bay GR!

Edit: I forgot to mention that the guy at the Brandon TRU asked me why I was buying 6 Geists as he rang me up, and I mentioned that GR gave good trade credit for them. He laughed and said "At least somebody's making a profit on them!"

[quote name='elmyra']I called Countryside, and they're out. You're right about Dale Mabry, there were no Geists when I went on Sunday for XBox controllers. Fowler is also out.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the guy at the Brandon TRU asked me why I was buying 6 Geists as he rang me up, and I mentioned that GR gave good trade credit for them. He laughed and said "At least somebody's making a profit on them!"[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know, guess ill just skip TRU altogether tomorrow. Ill still hit up the Gamerushes though. Personally, if someone asked me (because its really none of their business) i wouldve said "all out of frisbees".

Just tried to trade the Taiko Drum Master game only into BB without the drum, wasn't in their system...didn't scan...so they wouldn't take it. Probably would need the big box and drum to trade it in.

[quote name='shipwreck']Well it looks like it's time to put on your coats and jump in the car for another trip to Toys R Us kids. I just checked the trade in price of Geist and they fixed their error. Geist now trades for $24 at GR.[/QUOTE]

Dammit, and there were PILES of these back East when I was out there. I didn't buy a single one. I don't know if the TRU here have them.... Grrr... And Gungriffon too... But thanks for the news Ship, I will *try* my TRU's tomorrow.

Shoot!.. i think the amount of time i drive back-n-forth between TRU, GS and GR actually has taken a toll on me.. but it's fun as heck.. now i have no idea what to do with those credit.. i know i'm getting a Rev at launch but not sure about the left over.. might pick up a PSP if there' s new color comeout and the price lower a little bit.. maybe $200 with new color.. that would be really cool :) thanx Ship!

[quote name='elmyra']I called Countryside, and they're out. You're right about Dale Mabry, there were no Geists when I went on Sunday for XBox controllers. Fowler is also out.

Actually, I thought the St. Pete store was out the last time I went, so I headed straight for Brandon. I got 6 Geists and a Ghost in the Shell. :D Then I went to the Brandon Circuit City, and got 4 PS2 Power Dromes for $1.96 each. They only get $5 in trade at GR, but I was right there.

Oh, also, I got a new copy of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney at the Gulf-to-Bay GR!

Edit: I forgot to mention that the guy at the Brandon TRU asked me why I was buying 6 Geists as he rang me up, and I mentioned that GR gave good trade credit for them. He laughed and said "At least somebody's making a profit on them!"[/QUOTE]

Thanks a ton, hopefully Port Richey has some left, seeing as how there are no Gamerush's anywhere near there, and Port Richey is very backwoods anyways.

I will still try Countryside, because there is a small chance they didn't look in the bin and might have just looked in the glass case, unless you specfically told them it was a 9.98 game and would be in the bin?

Those employees at that store are kind of not with it, at times... I'll still try tommorrow, just to be sure, espically since my friend who was just up there told me there were still Geist's left a few days ago. It's a quick stop on the way to PR anyways.

Not sure I'd go as far as Brandon, since I had a hell of a time even spending $72 in credit as it is, since GR's stock here is abysmal. But hey, as long as I'm not going out of my way, I'll just keep building it on up on the off chance I'll find something worth it.

Did see a Fatal Frame 2 for $15.99, but the cd was messed up and it was without a manual, so I passed.

[quote name='Roufuss']I will still try Countryside, because there is a small chance they didn't look in the bin and might have just looked in the glass case, unless you specfically told them it was a 9.98 game and would be in the bin?

Those employees at that store are kind of not with it, at times... I'll still try tommorrow, just to be sure, espically since my friend who was just up there told me there were still Geist's left a few days ago. It's a quick stop on the way to PR anyways.[/QUOTE]

I did mention that it would be in the bin, and the employee put me on hold before telling me it was sold out. That having been said, I've gotten wrong info from clerks plenty of times. It's worth a shot if you're going that way already.

is the mario kart DS bundle a holiday only deal? I suppose it is just like the marioparty 7 bundle. I asked the GR manager and he couldnt give me a clue as to when/if they are getting more in (either bundle).

Anybody know the trade in value for the original Devil May Cry 3? I am going to get the SE version so I want to dump that first.

[quote name='ofacto']Anybody know the trade in value for the original Devil May Cry 3? I am going to get the SE version so I want to dump that first.[/QUOTE]

previous page someone posted $12 for DMC3.

[quote name='nakanenui']previous page someone posted $12 for DMC3.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks! (guess I should have read the thread more closely).

Hmm...so I've checked at 3 local GR's and they've all told me that they don't have any Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition on order. That can't be good.

[quote name='shipwreck']Hmm...so I've checked at 3 local GR's and they've all told me that they don't have any Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition on order. That can't be good.[/QUOTE]

It may just be listed under Greatest Hits with no mention of it being a special edition

Can you pre-order Resident Evil: Deadly Silence (DS) at GR? If so, do you get anything FREE with it, like a T-shirt that came with RE4? Thanks.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']It may just be listed under Greatest Hits with no mention of it being a special edition[/QUOTE]

Well, it was a specific entry in their system. (I saw it on the screen). Now, sometimes GR has stuff in their system wrong, so I'll definitely be checking back to see if they get any in, but GR may have not ordered any of this game.

[quote name='shipwreck']Hmm...so I've checked at 3 local GR's and they've all told me that they don't have any Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition on order. That can't be good.[/QUOTE]

I kind of figured they wouldn't be getting it, this sucks.

Time Splitters 2 (Xbox) gets $3.50 credit.

My mission is now complete. My flipping days are over. I'd like to thank everybody who contributed to this thread. Just 2 days worth of work and I now have a MK DS bundle sitting in front of me (Last one in the store). Only had to pay for half of it out of pocket. Not bad. Not bad at all.

anyone in the riverside CA area try to snag kuon and enb from the lincoln store. manager asked me because someone called in after i did for those 2 games. nice to see CAGers around. hope it wasnt a lurker. this was my first kuon and enb trade. hard to find these in stock around my area.

[quote name='xorealix']Time Splitters 2 (Xbox) gets $3.50 credit.

My mission is now complete. My flipping days are over. I'd like to thank everybody who contributed to this thread. Just 2 days worth of work and I now have a MK DS bundle sitting in front of me (Last one in the store). Only had to pay for half of it out of pocket. Not bad. Not bad at all.[/QUOTE]
Don't worry... you'll be back...

I once built up enough credit to buy the MK DS bundle (before it came out). Instead got the DS for $100 at Target and blew my $160 credit. A few games and preorders later, I'm actually up to $180 now ;)

[quote name='botticus']Don't worry... you'll be back...[/QUOTE]

i kept thinking that i was gonna make the same announcement... but couldn't resist each time the deal come up.. but now.. i have enough credit for the Rev.. i may have to be gone for good.. since school and work is calling hard... hmmmm... we'll see :)

p.s. if i do leave, thanx everyone here esp on gamerush thread :)

[quote name='elmyra']I did mention that it would be in the bin, and the employee put me on hold before telling me it was sold out. That having been said, I've gotten wrong info from clerks plenty of times. It's worth a shot if you're going that way already.[/QUOTE]

You were right, none in Countryside, none in Port Richey... gf is calling the Brandon store, did you buy all their copies?

[quote name='Roufuss']You were right, none in Countryside, none in Port Richey... gf is calling the Brandon store, did you buy all their copies?[/QUOTE]

Oh crap, I forgot to say that I left two copies behind in Brandon. Sorry about that. So yeah, if no one else bought them, they should still be there.

I just didn't want to trade in too many Geists and raise any flags with the local managers. I should probably be more assertive about it. :)

[quote name='elmyra']Oh crap, I forgot to say that I left two copies behind in Brandon. Sorry about that. So yeah, if no one else bought them, they should still be there.

I just didn't want to trade in too many Geists and raise any flags with the local managers. I should probably be more assertive about it. :)[/QUOTE]

Weird... the guy on the phone said there was 5 or 6 left... I need to call back and actually make the dude double check and put some aside before I drive an hour away.

[quote name='Roufuss']Weird... the guy on the phone said there was 5 or 6 left... I need to call back and actually make the dude double check and put some aside before I drive an hour away.[/QUOTE]

There were definitely only two left last night. Maybe they put more out, or more likely, he didn't really check and went from memory.

I've never seen Kuon or Echo in a Gamestop OR Blockbuster around here...weird, eh? Well, I went to Gamestop to check out the buy 2 get 1 free sale and I finally found an Echo. Looks like I'll be the first and only person to trade one into Gamerush here.

Yay. Just got back from my GR and traded in 2x ENB for $48 credit. The guy even asked how much they were selling for at GR, and I told him $10. He said he'd be driving over there soon. :lol: I've now got about $120 in credit there, still saving up for a 360. :D

[quote name='Staraang21']i found some Echos here at EB brand new but they were selling them for 22.99. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
It's $14.99 New at Gamestop.

So, let me see if I have this right, Kuon and Echo night STILL gets $24 a pop. Is that correct?

[quote name='VA']So, let me see if I have this right, Kuon and Echo night STILL gets $24 a pop. Is that correct?[/QUOTE]
Yes, they haven't dropped since last June so until they actually have an official price drop in the sells price they are still $24 in credit and $39.99 for sale.

[quote name='Staraang21']yeah i'm aware they're cheaper there but unfortunately my GS didn't have any.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that.

[quote name='aoLat']Yay. Just got back from my GR and traded in 2x ENB for $48 credit. The guy even asked how much they were selling for at GR, and I told him $10. He said he'd be driving over there soon. :lol: I've now got about $120 in credit there, still saving up for a 360. :D[/QUOTE]

YOU MY FRIEND ARE A COMPLETE MORON!! WAY TO GO AND BLOW THE WHOLE THING FOR US. NOW WE KNOW WHO TO BLAME IF THIS GETS SHUT DOWN! :bomb:

[quote name='jaffray']YOU MY FRIEND ARE A COMPLETE MORON!! WAY TO GO AND BLOW THE WHOLE THING FOR US. NOW WE KNOW WHO TO BLAME IF THIS GETS SHUT DOWN! :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Nah... the fact that you can get a game cheaper somewhere isn't gonna shut it down. It's when they get flooded with hundreds of copies that it gets shut down. If they reacted to every instance where a game was cheap somewhere, they'd never offer any money for any game.

[quote name='jaffray']YOU MY FRIEND ARE A COMPLETE MORON!! WAY TO GO AND BLOW THE WHOLE THING FOR US. NOW WE KNOW WHO TO BLAME IF THIS GETS SHUT DOWN! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Whooaaa, put the caps away. The clerk there is cool, he's not going to do anything, especially if he said that HE was gonna go get some after work. And one instance like that isn't gonna kill anything. Settle the eff down, tiger.

[quote name='aoLat']Whooaaa, put the caps away. The clerk there is cool, he's not going to do anything, especially if he said that HE was gonna go get some after work. And one instance like that isn't gonna kill anything. Settle the eff down, tiger.[/QUOTE]

What makes you think that employee wont tell his other co-workers and the word gets to his managers. I just think, stuff like this should be on the hush hush... why take chances and ruin a good thing. :whistle2:#

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back