Games and/or series you finally have played

Fatesealer

CAGiversary!
Has there been a game, or better yet a series, that you've long since seen but never played before and have now done so?

Today marked the first time I had ever played a WWII-esque game (Call of Duty 2 GOTY Edition on Xbox360) and I must say, I'm thoroughly impressed. I had long since written off those 'era' games and had a 'negative' opinion of them in my mind, but I decided to be openmnded and at least try it. Needless to say, I HIGHLY enjoy it. It took a second to get the controls down but I've been lad I made the plunge. I may have to look into other 1st person shooters after this one.

Fixed.

[quote name='Fatesealer']I may have to look into other 3rd person shooters after this one.[/quote]

..but COD2 is a first person shooter..

I have yet to open any of the Nippon-ichi Strategy RPGs (Disgaea, Phantom Brave, LaPucelle Tactics, etc.) Keep meaning to.....I hear nothing but great things about these games.....Time is the enemy here.

I played a Zelda game for the first time today. Played Twilight Princess on the Wii and so far I hate it.

[quote name='Kendro']I have still yet to play RE4 or any of the DMC games. Pathetic, I know.[/QUOTE]

You havent played RE4 yet? You lucky SOB. Its a great game.

I just started FF12 recently and i think i might be able to play this FF game all the way through. SOmething i havent done since FF3 for SNES.
The FF7,8,9 11,10,10-2 i couldnt really get into like the old ones.

I just started playing MGS:OP for the MGS series. I never played any of them despite the fact that I hold all three games for more than a year. Although I might start looking to play them after I finish MGS:OP.

I have yet to finish any FF games (unless you count FF:CC multiplayer as one). The farthest I got was the last dungeon for FFVI, although I am almost finished with FFXII as well.

I also haven't played Zelda until Twilight Princess came along, and even with TP here, I only played about 2 hours worth since I owned the game for at least launch.

I've never played God of War and only one match in Halo/Halo 2.

If I were to post some of the games pre PS1/N64 I've never played, let alone beaten, I'd probably be banned from this site. I'm working on them though.

[quote name='Nineswords']I have yet to open any of the Nippon-ichi Strategy RPGs (Disgaea, Phantom Brave, LaPucelle Tactics, etc.) Keep meaning to.....I hear nothing but great things about these games.....Time is the enemy here.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I also never played any other RPG game besides Final Fantasy X and X2. After playing FFX time was literally sucked away and I'm afraid that if I jump into another RPG that I'm going to be sucked in again.

Metal Gear Solid. I did play the first one on PS1, but I hated it. So I never played another one. UNTIL Metal Gear Portable Ops. I like it so far.

Oh.. just for the record... Syphon Filter > Metal Gear Solid

You should try Resident Evil Code Veronica.
[quote name='RedComet']I got Resident Evil 4 this year and now I want to try all the other games in the series.[/QUOTE]

I started Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes friday and I'm almost done. Holy hell is it amazing :) (check the sig I just made). I'm gonna play through the whole series, now.

I started playing Halo a couple months ago after finally acquiring an Xbox. I zipped through the entire Metal Gear Solid series after preordering Subsistence early spring in '06.

[quote name='keithp']I have yet to play God of War.

Top that![/QUOTE]

I have never played a Final Fantasy game. TOPPED. I've seen my friends play them, my cousins play them. But I have never touched the thing. Not even 7. I don't think I ever will. That game looks so unappealing to me.

I just started playing RE4 a week or two ago after I got done with Twilight Princess and Excite Truck. I'm only about 1/2 way through right now, but loving it. :) I'm not sure it'll get me to play the other games, though. I'm not one for horror games, and I've seen enough of the other games to know how different 4 is from the rest. If the newer games follow in RE4's shoes, then I'll for sure check them out though.

Just played Halo for the first time a few days ago.

Also, got the Prince of Persia series a few months back and started The Sands of Time a couple months ago but haven't finished up yet.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I have never played a Final Fantasy game. TOPPED. I've seen my friends play them, my cousins play them. But I have never touched the thing. Not even 7. I don't think I ever will. That game looks so unappealing to me.[/QUOTE]

Slinks away.....then turns back around and whispers, "Umm, I've never played any of the RE games"......

Now that I have the "best" versions of all three MGS games (Twin Snakes, Substance, and Subsistence), I'm finally going to give the series another shot. When I was a kid I couldn't even get through the first room in MGS on PS1. :shock:

Halo is all I can think of that I wouldnt mind playing. I'm playing like 4 series right now I always wanted to play as well, but haven't beaten any yet. Like halfway - 2/3 done most of them.

Oh and I agree...Syphon Filter is the best shooter EVER! (Even though I never got past the first level cause I was in grade 4 haha)

bread's done
Back