Games for a 60 year old?

I'm trying to get my friend into gaming, before, well before it's too late.

He's never played a game unless you count the occasional solitaire, are there any games for the baby bloomers?

Baby BLOOMERS?

I don't really know much about 60 year old people's video games taste, but probably games that don't really require intense precision, complex controls, and a long learning curve would be a good start.

Games like Tetris, Bejewled, Peggle. Popcap might be a good place to start.

My mom's in her mid-60s and she went nuts for the card games in Touchmaster (DS), though mostly for Solitaire.

What about the Mystery Case Files games or others of the hidden picture variety? They're conceptually and mechanically simple and, IMHO, surprisingly entertaining.

yeah kick the can and stick ball . id say the best way to get them into gaming is with a ds. theyve got games for all kinds of people ust find otu some of he things he enjoys ( like crossword puzzles or sudoku or something) and im sure its on the ds.

If you want to get this person a DS, wait until the DSi XL comes out. It'll be bigger for old folks :lol: But the DS has some great simple games on there that can be enjoyed by anyone

Is the "Bucket List" a game or just a movie?

J/k, j/k.

I'd start them off with some platformers and puzzle games. Then move up to some awesome FPS's. If they love sports or racing, then, obviously get them into those games.

[quote name='AfricanFruitWaynely']I'm trying to get my friend into gaming, before, well before it's too late.

He's never played a game unless you count the occasional solitaire, are there any games for the baby bloomers?[/QUOTE]

Go check out a site called, BringIt. It's a fun and easy to learn game site.

the gateway drug games are probably going to be ds stuff, or bigfishgames/shockwave
also, most of the stuff that popcap puts out are strong entry points. plants vs zombies, peggle, etc

with the right games and experiences, the majority of people out there could get into games (who doesn't like any forms of music, books, tv or music?)

Well, has your 60 year old friend showed any interest in gaming? It really doesn't sound like it.

So, I'm wondering, is this you forcing your love of gaming on to him (or her) or something else? The simple thing is, if your friend had interest in gaming, they would probably start gaming without a ton of help.

No one breaks people in like Nintendo, but the DSI may seem needlessly complicated to a 60 year old with no experience. I'd start with a Wii. Wii Sports is just the classic simple game that everyone can enjoy, and depending on tastes, there are many other games that wouldn't be a bad next step.

Shockingly, he's really enjoying the game, Pokemon for the Gameboy. He tells me its very addictive leveling up, and he likes that he can go at any pace.

I guess RPGs are the way to go..

Pokemon is for all ages.. its just the cartoon and the crazy rubbed off the wrong way... espically since i thought the TMNT (Original) and Power Rangers (Original) were the best fads ever since the 80's :)

Well I've never played a Pokemon. I guess I try to avoid addictive games that require you to invest a lot of time in them.

As long as he's happy gaming, that's good enough for me.

you think in the pokemon world that people eat pokemon? yeah i get it theyre intelligent and can communicate to a certain extent but they are animals and some do look like the kind of animals we use for food.

The Metal Gear Solid series. By the time he finishes MGS4, he'll appreciate it all. MGS4 is a real old man's story.

Wii sports is probably the best option for a 60 year old, nice mix of games that aren't too difficult to learn. My parents loved golf and bowling when I gave them a wii for their anniversary.

i think its an awesome idea. Put him up with Wii bowling. It doesn't get much easier than that and bowling was probably a lot cooler when he was a kid than it is now.

I always see stories on retirement homes playing Wii Sports, specificlly bowling. Old people like bowling but hate leaving the house, perfect I'd say.

I love how everybody's so condescending toward old people. Like all they want to do is play Wii Bowling.

Give the old timer a real game. Like Crazy Taxi. That would kick ass.

bread's done
Back