Games For Soldiers (.org)

xepherys

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (100%)
Hey all...

I'd been posting in a thread that was dedicated to getting games out for the troops but had since died. I thought perhaps it might be better to drop a note here.

In April of this year, when I returned from Afghanistan, I formed Games For Soldiers, a non-profit organization dedicated to getting games and entertainment items (Video Games, cards, board games, DVDs, CDs, et cetera) to troops deployed to Afghanistan and Iraq, and primarily to those deployed in more remote locations.

So far this year has been very good in regards to game donations. We've received over 2000 games, more than 1000 of which came during our Holiday Donation Drive. The goal is to keep the organization up and running as long as we have troops forward deployed to the Middle East (Operation Enduring/Iraqi Freedom).

As it stands, our donations of items have been strong, but monetary donations are pretty lacking. We have about $100 in cash donations still in our account and most of the boxes shipped are paid out of pocket by my family. I'm certainly not complaining about this, but as you can probably imagine with this economy, this can be pretty rough. Boxes cost an average of $12.95 to ship. These boxes contain roughly 20-25 games for a variety of systems as needed by the receiving unit.

Sooo... anyone interested in donating, either games or money, please check out our website. We take monetary donations via Paypal (send to jesse (at) gamesforsoldiers (dot) org) and the mailing address for other donations can be found on our website. We also have a forum that you are welcome to register on and see what's going on.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and I hope you all have a killer New Year!

-Jesse (aka Xepherys)
http://www.gamesforsoldiers.org

bread's done
Back