Games For Windows Live Horror Holiday Sale - DR2, RE5, and a few others on sale

You can get FEAR + 2 expansion packs + FEAR 2 for $9.99 right now in Steam's Christmas sale right now, for about the next 12-13 hours. FYI for you thinking about getting FEAR 2 from GFWL.

[quote name='etcrane']Not a bad price on DR2, any reason to pick it up on PC over 360?[/QUOTE]

All I could really find (in a quick search). Seems the same for the most part lol. (youtube video in spoiler)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN8dSo_q_nQ

[quote name='etcrane']Not a bad price on DR2, any reason to pick it up on PC over 360?[/QUOTE]

From what I hear

Incredibly faster load times, more zombies on screen, and better visuals. You can even still get Achieve'Os.

Got this info from the Rebel FM podcast.

[quote name='MarkHawk']From what I hear

Incredibly faster load times, more zombies on screen, and better visuals. You can even still get Achieve'Os.

Got this info from the Rebel FM podcast.[/QUOTE]

I've heard the same from other podcasts (Giant Bomb). Multiple sources saying that the PC version is the way to go. And it's cheaper!

I've heard the same from other podcasts (Giant Bomb). Multiple sources saying that the PC version is the way to go. And it's cheaper

....Plus there's mods with bewbies!

:lol:

[quote name='Vegan']I've heard the same from other podcasts (Giant Bomb). Multiple sources saying that the PC version is the way to go. And it's cheaper![/QUOTE]

I heard the same thing for mass effect, and gears of war on pc, and it wasn't true at all. PC gaming tends to be a crap shoot w/ ports. Which is why all pc games need a demo.

[quote name='jrhawk42']I heard the same thing for mass effect, and gears of war on pc, and it wasn't true at all. PC gaming tends to be a crap shoot w/ ports. Which is why all pc games need a demo.[/QUOTE]

You are saying the Xbox version of Mass Effect was better than the PC version? The PC version played a lot better due to the keyboard and mouse, didn't have that horrible texture pop-up issue, not to mention higher res textures, and had a better hacking mini-game.

[quote name='Tigershard']You are saying the Xbox version of Mass Effect was better than the PC version? The PC version played a lot better due to the keyboard and mouse, didn't have that horrible texture pop-up issue, not to mention higher res textures, and had a better hacking mini-game.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget an inventory system that wasn't completely broken. PC version of Mass Effect is way better.

Gears is better on PC, too, since you can easily plug in a controller, and there's extra single-player story levels.

[quote name='jrhawk42']I heard the same thing for mass effect, and gears of war on pc, and it wasn't true at all. PC gaming tends to be a crap shoot w/ ports. Which is why all pc games need a demo.[/QUOTE]

Yeah demos would've been nice. I can vouch for the superiority of DR2 on the PC, though. No shoddy porting here.

Yeah, Mass Effect on the PC was way better. And so is Dead Rising 2. The load times on the 360, especially before an install, are an abortion. Yes, I said an abortion.

bread's done
Back