Games For Windows Live PC - Dead Rising 2: Off the Record (Deal Of The Week) $29.99

intoxicated662

CAGiversary!
Feedback
219 (99%)
Games For Windows Live PC - Dead Rising 2: Off the Record (Deal Of The Week) $29.99

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/DR2-Off-The-Record/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80443430fa2

You can purchase it with Microsoft Points as well when checking out just change payment option and choose MSP instead of a credit card.

The DLC is listed as well, not sure if any of it is on sale.

boxdr2otr.jpg

Dead Rising 2: Off the Record

• Release date: 6/1/2010
  • Size: 6.07 GB

Frank West is back in this re-imagining of the outrageous events of Dead Rising 2! Forget what you know about Fortune City and the people in it; things have changed now that Frank West has returned in search of his biggest scoop ever. Dive into this zombie paradise and enjoy the thrill of killing zombies, photojournalist-style! Frank's camera also returns, allowing you to gain experience by taking pictures of all the horrible and hilarious things happening in this zombie paradise! There are no refunds for this item. Digital Rights Management Disclosure. This software uses digital rights management software (“DRM”). DRM may limit the number of times you are permitted to install this software on a computer and/or the number of computers to which you may install the software. To function properly, DRM downloads certain data and files to your computer, which may or may not be uninstalled when you uninstall the software.

Was $20 on the Steam sale. This is embarrassing.

Also, this is a flagrant, utterly shameless rehash, the Capcom special. If you haven't played DR2, this might be worth it. If you played DR2 and love it in the grotesque anal way, you might want to try OtR. I remain of the opinion that DR2's story is loads more satisfying for people who haven't played DR2 though. That's probably just my opinion.

OtR includes one new area, shakes a few story bits up here and there, replaces a boss, reskins two bosses just a little, sprinkles in a few more items, nerfs a couple of bosses, adds checkpoints every time you zone, but other than that it is the same game as DR2. Runs damn fine on PC but has GFWL even if you buy through Steam

This is a horrible price. Although I've yet to play either iteration of Dead Rising, I've seen Dead Rising 2 pretty cheap, which as RollingSkull says is much better anyways.

I hate GFWL. For example, GTA IV, Batman Arkham Asylum, and Elder Scrolls IV (I believe) have a launch window separate from the actual game where you HAVE to customize your graphics settings, etc. You can't actually do that in game once the game is fully loaded. On top of that you have to sign into Windows Live (I have it set to auto-sign in) which is a pain, since you have to do that every single time you start the game up.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']
I hate GFWL. For example, GTA IV, Batman Arkham Asylum, and Elder Scrolls IV (I believe) have a launch window separate from the actual game where you HAVE to customize your graphics settings, etc. You can't actually do that in game once the game is fully loaded. [/QUOTE]

This isn't true at all. I can't speak for Elder Scrolls but I'm able to customize my graphics in game with GTA IV and Batman every time without issue. Same is true of any GFWL game I've played.

Oh and to state the obvious $30 is a joke of a sale considering how cheap this game has been other places. That's about par for the course for Microsoft's generally awful sales via GFWL.

[quote name='killthemall4444']This isn't true at all. I can't speak for Elder Scrolls but I'm able to customize my graphics in game with GTA IV and Batman every time without issue. Same is true of any GFWL game I've played.[/QUOTE]

Oblivion doesn't use GFWL, but you can't adjust ALL the graphics in-game for it. Some of the options need to be done through the Launcher. Same goes for both Batman games, the graphics need to be adjusted via the Launcher.

I don't think this game is selling well on any platform so I'm surprised the price hasn't dropped further at this point. The console versions are still selling around $35-40. I haven't played Dead Rising 2 yet so I was wanting to get this version but at this rate I might as well get it since it's relatively cheap.

Typical Capcom releasing big DLC/major updates to games as standalone games. Then again, we have Activision releasing annual CoD games and EA releasing annual Madden NFL games.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']This is a horrible price. Although I've yet to play either iteration of Dead Rising, I've seen Dead Rising 2 pretty cheap, which as RollingSkull says is much better anyways.[/QUOTE]

I like DR2 better largely because Chuck's story just feels like a better story than Frank's. The changes to DR2 OtR so far, apart from cutting one of the game's better bosses, seem to average out to be decent additions.

I just value Chuck's story enough over Frank's to prefer the original. Do note, again, that OtR has checkpoints at every boss and loading screen which should cut down some of the rage from dying or screwing up.

Not trying to warn people off completely, just letting them know that the game is a rehash and I prefer DR2 for one specific reason.

bread's done
Back