Games like Summon Night: Swordcraft Story?

vinhj

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
My girlfriend really likes both Summon Night: Swordcraft Story games on the GBA and I was wondering if there were any similar games on the DS or GBA?

Thanks in advance, guys!

[quote name='DarkKnightCecil']A new Summon Night is coming to DS.[/QUOTE]

But US release?

There's been no confirmation about if it will come here or not.
But import is always an option for when it does get released.

It's not clear whether the Summon Night for DS will be an action RPG like the GBA ones were or something else altogether (the original Summon Night series for PSX were SRPGs, and I think they're being ported to the DS, too).

On the other hand, Tales of Phantasia is very similar (Swordcraft Story is basically a clone of it). I hear the GBA port is not so great, though.

Tales of Phantasia is indeed a GREAT RPG but unlike Swordcraft, you can't craft your own weapons, so if that's what your g/f liked than I wouldn't get ToP.

However, if your g/f liked the story/battle system, I'd say DEFINATELY get ToP.

[quote name='DarkKnightCecil']Tales of Phantasia is indeed a GREAT RPG but unlike Swordcraft, you can't craft your own weapons, so if that's what your g/f liked than I wouldn't get ToP.

However, if your g/f liked the story/battle system, I'd say DEFINATELY get ToP.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I'm looking for, thanks to both of you. She was really drawn to the how to the combat worked as opposed to true action or turn-based RPG games.

If anyone else has any other ideas, I would be extremely grateful.

bread's done
Back