Games since DOOM 3?

StoneColdLiger

CAGiversary!
I'm trying to get back into PC gaming, and was just wondering what are some games you all might recommend?
The newest games I own are DOOM 3, and Quake 4.
So anything since this is what I want to know about. :)

Err....Hellsgate london, Crysis(for graphics), Spore is coming out soonish so is Starcraft 2. Early next year were likely to get Warhammer 40k RTS and hopefully Diablo 3 sometime next year. If your into MMOs there are like three or 4 Age of Conan, World of Warcraft is stil running strong and then theres the new Warhammer MMO coming out.

I was in the same boat about 2 years ago, Doom 3 being the only game I owned.

I highly recommend getting the Orange Box from Amazon (29.99+free shipping)
http://www.amazon.com/Valve-The-Orange-Box/dp/B000PS2XES

Also I suggest: Fear, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Bioshock, Prey, Battlefield 2. All under the $20 price range on Amazon

For fun little diversions, there's Fable, Psychonauts, Beyond Good & Evil, Peggle, Outrun Coast 2 Coast, Tomb Raider Anniversary, Jade Empire.

Games like Crysis, Mass Effect, Devil May Cry 4, GRID, Unreal/Gears, & Call of Duty 4 are still too expensive for me to recommend.

Supreme Commander, Command and Conquer 3, Sins of a Solar Empire, Crysis, Team Fortress 2, Half Life Episodes 1&2, Portal, Warhammer 40K, Medieval 2 Total War, Company of Hereos, Stalker, Bioshock, Guild Wars

That's what I can remember off hand real quick

This thread's gunna make me spend a ton of money :D
I forgot about Peggle, I actually already own Peggle Deluxe. That is the only game since then though.
And I own a few of the games listed already on consoles, but was thinking about buying them on PC anyways such as Orange Box,Jade Empire & Fable. Since Orange Box was made to be played on PC. And I think I Jade Empire & Fable have extra stuff on the PC version.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']The Orange Box.

done and done[/quote]

Seconded.

I was going to respond to this thread with "Portal, Portal, Portal and also Portal" but I guess buying the entire package makes more sense as TF2 and HL2 are also fantastic.

already been said but...the orange box absolutely without a doubt. the games contained therein are all badass. i could also recommend fear(not the expansions), cod 4, and bioshock. i'm playing through bioshock now and it's a ton of fun. prey was cool with the teleport effects and gravity changes. if you don't have motion sickness you may enjoy that one.

bread's done
Back