Games so NICE you played them TWICE!

[quote name='ViolentLee']Going back and playing Secret of Mana, because both Chidren and Dawn have left me unsatisfied.[/quote]

About a year ago I played through Secret of Mana again and I loved it. Secret of Mana & Seiken Densetsu 3 were the only games in the Mana series I thought were any good.

I used play games for second time, but it doesn't generate the exact feelings the first time i play it. One time is enough for me. Now my backlog grown even bigger I doubt I will ever replay the same game every again. Unless you count game plus with the extra content.

games i used to replay in the snes to saturn era.

nights
dragon force
final fantasy iii snes
chrono trigger
super punch out
super metroid
zelda link to past
shining force iii
xenogears
x-men vs street fighter saturn
darkstalker savior saturn
castlevania symphony night
puzzle fighter
secret of mana
mario rpg
suikoden i
suikoden ii
ninja turtles iv
donkey country 1 snes

Halo (beat it on every difficulty)

Halo 2 (beat it on Heroic and Legendary)

Pokemon Red (Played it until I had beaten literally every single person in the game)

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (played again on Hard Mode)

Mario Bros. 3

Super Mario World

Super Mario 64 (on N64, then on DS, then on VC)

Dead Rising

Smash Bros Melee (I unlocked everything, then my file got erased, so I did it again)

New Super Mario Bros.

EDIT: And soon RE4 - I'm buying it on Wii :)

The only game that really comes to mind is: MGS1, and Super Mario World (3+ times, 100% on gba), mario bros, super mario 3, and uhhh... a ton of fighting games even though they don't really count. Come to think of it, i probably beat less than 10 games, I either get really REALLY close and something happens, or I just get bored of the game.

Castlevania - Symphony of the Night
(i imagine i'll be playing Dracula X a lot too once it comes out on PSP)

Super Metroid
(can't count how many times i've beaten it. Have it down to speed running now.)

Megaman X 1-6, Megaman X8
If it's an MMX game (and not X7) then i never get tired of it, and have played it to death. (Especially X8 though. >> )

Deus Ex (PC)
A downright beautiful game, with so many different ways you can go through.

Valkyrie Profile (PSP)
Really enjoyed the gameplay, lots of fun, plus hard mode offered a number of new dungeons and characters. Plus I had to get the best ending before playing Silmeria. =)

X-COM UFO Defense (PC)
Probably the hardest game I own. Yet I keep going back to it.

Disgaea (PS2)
There's always something to do. Levelling characters, unlocking hidden dungeons, getting different endings. One game that truly never gets old. =)

Oh god. If we're talking NES or Genesis, my list would be miles long. A few more recent titles that come to mind...

Lego Star Wars (once on PC, once on GameCube)
Spider-Man (N64)
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Brothers (N64; wiped game and unlocked everything again numerous times)
Pokémon Red
Pokémon Yellow
Pokémon Silver (I know...I'm a loser)
Mario Tennis GBC

Beyond that, my backlog's gotten so big that I could go years without buying another game before I finish all of what I've got. :whistle2:k

Case in point: I've never actually finished Goldeneye. I didn't have it until about a year and a half ago, and playing made me feel bad about myself because my roommate kept telling me how much I sucked. :lol:

Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear solid 3
Metriod Prime
Eternal Darkness
Kotor
all the mario's on NES SNES N64
Warcraft III
Diablo I
Diablo II
Half Life
Half Life 2
System Shock 2
Deus Ex
Command and Conquer Red Alert II
Age of Empire II and III
Clive Barkers Undying (scariest fucking game ever made)
God of War I and II (beat it on God mode for both of them)
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy I and II and III (the american ones)
Chrono trigger like 30 times
Fallout
Fallout II
Planescape Torment
Baldurs Gate
Baldurs Gate II
Baldurs Gate Dark alliance I and II
Champion of Norrath I and II
Fallout Tatics
Doom III
Wolfenstein 3D
ICO
Amplitude
Ninja Gaiden regular and Black (can't beat this on the hardest level)
Mercenaries
Medal of Honor Allied Assualt
Call of Duty I II and III
Resident Evil 4 at least 10 times. IF you haven't played this game you dont deserve the right to be called a gamer. Same goes for the Metal gear solid games and System shock. Well not as much system shock but pick it up the game is a TOTAL gem.

If it is a FPS and its for PC i've gone through it twice for sure. Damn I have played alot of the same shit.

Castlevania Symphony of the Night - I beat on PS1 when it came out played it again a few years ago, never beat it again. Now I am on the upside castle on XBL.

another world (known as 'out of this world' in the u.s.) on many different platforms. its my all-time favorite game. i've got so good at it i can beat it in about 20 minutes.

oblivion only actually ever finished it once, but i've probably logged close to 200 hours into several characters in this game.

shadow of the colossus probably my second all-time favorite game. finished it 7 or 8 times.

resident evil 4

beyond good & evil

super mario world & super mario bros. 3

chronicles of riddick

lots more that i'm probably forgetting.

If I'm not counting games from the SNES era and earlier:
Xenogears
Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner
Metal Gear Acids 1 & 2
Phoenix Wright
MGS 1,2,3

Here we go...

Tony Hawk Pro Skater (PSX)
Final Fantasy VII (PSX)
Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers (NES)
Super Mario Bros. (NES)
Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
Super Mario Land (GB)
Super Mario World (SNES)
Super Mario RPG (SNES)
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (SNES)
Kirby Dreamland (GB)
Pokemon Red (GB)
Super Mario 64 (N64)
Mischief Makers (N64)
Goldeneye (N64)
Banjo Kazooie (N64)
Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
Zelda: Link to the Past (SNES)
Zelda: Link's Awakening (GBC)
Gears of War (360)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (360)
Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES)
Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES)
Resident Evil 4 (GC)
Saint's Row (360)
Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS2 & XB)
Grand Theft Auto Vice City (PS2 & XB)
Warcraft 3 (PC)
Starcraft (PC)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PSX & XBLA)
Aladdin (SNES)
Super Monkey Ball (GC)
Super Monkey Ball 2 (GC)
Sonic Adventure (DC)
Sonic Adventure 2 (DC)
Sonic the Hedgehog (Gen)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Gen)
Halo (XB)
Halo 2 (XB)
Mega Man X (SNES)
Mega Man X4 (PSX)
Mega Man 8 (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2)
Metroid Fusion (GBA)
Phantasy Star Online (DC, GC & PC)
Toe Jam and Earl (Gen)
Shenmue (DC)
Spider-man 2 (XB)
Star Fox 64 (N64)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time (SNES)
Toy Story (Gen)
Toy Commander (DC)
Worms World Party (PC)

...didn't think I'd have that many... fuck

resident evil 4
okami
tony hawk 1-3
metal gear solid (original and twin snakes)
metal gear solid 2: substance (tanker level)
splinter cell: chaos theory/double agent
war of the monsters
crash bandicoot 3: warped
tomba 2
ape escape

usually there was a bit of time between play-throughs, although re4 was the exception. i played through that at least three times in a row before it finally left my gamecube.

Most recently, probably Shadow of the Colossus, but I didn't beat that the second time (on colossus 10 on hard mode). There are a lot of games that I've played through a second time partially, but the most recent that I've beaten multiple times is probably Eternal Darkness. Aside from that, it'd date back to Saturn stuff - my beloved Dragon Force was played through probably at least 10 times, Panzer Dragoon Saga was played 3-4 times, and Shining Force 3 pt. 1 was played at least twice.

The only game I've ever played twice is Second Sight on the Xbox.

Wombat mentioned it on a CAGcast once and I was reminded of how much I enjoyed it...so I played it again!

I recently played beneath a steel sky again (pc), anyone else played that one?
Despite it being a little bit cheesier then I remembered its still a great game.

oh and I got it from www.scummvm.org its freeware now

Super Mario Bros. (played and beat it a lot of times)
Ninja Gaiden -8 times-
Ninja Gaiden Black -2 times-
Shenmue II ( 4 times on Xbox version and 2 times on EU Dreamcast version)
Super Robot Taisen Alpha 2 (4 times for 4 main characters)
Super Robot Taisen Alpha 3-5 times-
Super Robot Taisen Original Generation II (2 times on Jp Version and 1 on US version)
Final Fantasy X + International
Kingdom Hearts + Final Mix
Fire Emblem 4 (Super Famicom -6 times-)
Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube and PS2 version)

Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1), Front Mission 3, and Chrono Trigger come to mind... Of course, I've also played through Diablo II dozens of times!

Recently I've been replaying the original Tomb Raider (Played it earlier this year in preparation of Tomb Raider Anniversary), and I'm realizing what a fucking amazing game it is. Probably my favorite of all time.

I haven't beaten ANY games in a long time. It is really wierd. I just find myself jumping from game to game. I should really work on that.

But I did play through the Original Pokemon games like 8 times.
I'm gonna work on playing games two or three at a time from now on. This thread raised my awareness.
I played through Warcraft 3 twice too (the campaign)
Kirby Dream World 3 for the SNES also
Final Fantasy X
Kingdom Hearts 2

Where to begin?

Paper Mario: TYD, FF8/9, Chrono Trigger, Kingdom Hearts, Parappa the Rapper/Umjammer Lammy, Bust a Groove 1 and 2, Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, and 3, Super Mario RPG, most Pokemon games, Power Stone, Zelda: Wind Waker, Def Jam: Fight for NY (don't ask), Pheonix Wright 1....

That's actually all I can think of.

[quote name='yukine']Yup, I used to have a Beneath a Steel Sky signature... I might start using it again.[/quote]

yeah Id like to check it out, I remember I used to have the original game with the nice box and the comic that came with it... there arent many games like this one, I mean how many games can you think of in which you can trade your testicles for a hole in the head?

Mario
Mario 2
Mario 3
Super Mario World
Mario RPG
Zelda
Zelda: LttP
Zelda: OoT
Snatcher (Sega CD.. best game ever)
TMNT 4
Oblivion
Dead Rising
Earthbound
Illusion of Gaia
Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy 2
Final Fantasy 3
Phoenix Wright
Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve 2
Resident Evil 2
Deus Ex
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Red Faction
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Silent Hill
Tony Hawk's Underground
Def Jam FFNY
Sam and Max
Saint's Row
Tomb Raider Legend

so many more..

hmmm well what I can think of right off the bat:

Fire Emblem 1 (played 3x)
Fire Emblem: SS (2x)
Fire Emblem: PoR (3x)
Luigis Mansion (8x...lol)
Wind Waker (5?x)
FF:CC (2x)
Mario Sunshine (2x)
Donkey Kong country(Probably DKC 2 and 3 also) (2-3x)
DK64(probs mario 64) (2-3x)
...ya theres more but I g2g xD

Damn, Spades. I couldn't even finish Donkey Kong 64 once. The fact that you had to collect all the different colored bananas with each of the 5 apes just to unlock newer areas was too much. Clearly, you are a more patient man than I.

I had 101% on DK64 as well (or every little thing in the game...that is.) I doubt I could do it now, lol. Im 17 now...so I was a lot younger then and I've lost a bit of patience in completing games 100% (especially since I now buy more games than 1 a year and have...well...slightly more responsibilities xD)

I think I got 101% twice then maybe beat it casually once...I really used to burn out games bad haha

Anyway I don't even remember any colored bananas...I remember slightly having to use each kong to solve some kind of minigame in each level and remember having a blast with that. I do remember though a jetpack and mario vs dk minigame. I beat those and got some special coin for 100%...and I remember that being quite difficult...

Oh ya and has anyone else gotten everything in DKC3? Maybe that games easy now...but it was hard to do back then lol.

In all my games I used no guides either, I scoured each level till I found everything available...man this thread reminds me how insane it all was xD

it seems like a lot of people seemed to have the same answer..

Condemned i could play over and over and over again..
Forza Motorsports...and now the second one.

I know they are relatively newer titles, but i've still put a lot of time in them.

bread's done
Back