Games that are cute cuddly and easy to play regardless of sex/ethnicity/social class

Steggy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
Hey all,

Just picked up a PSP slim off ebay during the 20% deal and was going to give to my gf for christmas. She loves littlebigplanet so that was the reason for the "blindbuy".

My question is, other then LBP what are some easy to play little to no learning curve games.

Im assuming most puzzle games, maybe loco roco. But not sure on anything else.

Any other suggestions appreciated :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Patapon!

My wife has monopolized our PSP since we purchased it a few weeks ago. She's been playing Tales of the World and loves it.

Female friendly/easy to play... what are you trying to say?! :D

I'd definitely say Locoroco and perhaps Papapon.

The new Locoroco Midnight Carnivale is good fun.

how is wanting a game that has a low learning curve since they wont have time to sit down and play with working alot. As well as one that may not be as fighting/shooter based sexist at all?

[quote name='Steggy']how is wanting a game that has a low learning curve since they wont have time to sit down and play with working alot. As well as one that may not be as fighting/shooter based sexist at all?[/QUOTE]

Not to make a big deal about it because it's obvious that you didn't title your post for malicious reasons, but it sounds like you honestly want an explanation.

The criteria you just listed above (note you didn't mention sex at all) is perfect for garnering suggestions, while the sex of your partner is irrelevant unless we all assume that females just don't play difficult or violent games. It may be true for your girlfriend, but by tying together "female friendly" with "easy to play," your title suggests that she is representative of all females. Do you see how that could be offensive to females who don't appreciate that your post implies that they can't enjoy the same games as males just because they have two X chromosomes instead of an X and a Y? Given the mostly male readership here on CAG, it's no surprise that assumption gets perpetuated, but that doesn't make it right.

Btw, PixelJunk Monsters is a bit on the difficult side but has a smooth learning curve and is a great non-threatening game for all types of gamers, so it's worth a try. PSP minis, small "bite-sized" games for $5 and less, might also fit the bill, but I haven't played them.

there happy... title changed... thanks to those that helped out.

Seems like Loco Roco, Patapon, Lumines are games shed like. Ill check them out.

Brownjohn, I had the same issue with trying to get mine to play LBP. She never wanted to, then one night she was forced to and now monopolizes playing it, haha.

bread's done
Back