Games that have a decent online community?

Superstar

CAGiversary!
I have just started using my xbox live. The problem is, a lot of games I rent has little to no online community. Can anyone name some games that are good, and have a decent amount of people playing on live? Besides halo 2 yeah.

bros. in arms
rainbow six 3
burnout 3
ghost recon
phantom dust
these are just games that I have played recently and it seems that the online community is pretty decently sized
Or you can go to xboxlive and check out the top 10 online games.

Also you can hit me up I should be on tonight if you want to play a game. I officially HATE Halo2 after last week so I will not be playing it.

My tag is FrankySox. Probably be on around 8 or 9 central time.

Right now everyone is pretty much just into Halo2, SplinterCell, Burnout- the big names but you can find decent communities and considerably less jackasses for the lesser known games like crimson skies, phantom dust, bros in arms. We have a decent group of guys here who play anything and everything just post in the threads, make your presence known and mention what you want to play and you'll find some good partners.

I am going to blockbuster in couple of hours, thats why I asked. I want to rent before I buy. I never liked halo 2, to be honest. I am going to try to rent brothers in arms, and ghost recon. It really depends what they have. Burnout 3 looks decent, but i've never really been into car games. Phantom Dust also seems interesting.

[quote name='Superstar']I am going to blockbuster in couple of hours, thats why I asked. I want to rent before I buy. I never liked halo 2, to be honest. I am going to try to rent brothers in arms, and ghost recon. It really depends what they have. Burnout 3 looks decent, but i've never really been into car games. Phantom Dust also seems interesting.[/QUOTE]
I have all of those games so you could give me your gamertag and I will send you a friend request.

If by "good online community" you mean lots of people, then yeah Halo 2. If you mean it like, fun people to play with, STAY FAR AWAY FROM THE GAME. Unless you have friends to play custom games with, nearly every kid playing Halo 2 would rather talk shit and try to annoy everyone on both his team and your team than just play the game.

For decent people, try Project Gotham 2, Mechassault 2, or Crimson Skies.

[quote name='FrankySox']I have all of those games so you could give me your gamertag and I will send you a friend request.[/QUOTE]

x andy x is my gamertag . I am not sure when I will beable to get them and go on. But, im pretty much always up for a game.

[quote name='mmn']If by "good online community" you mean lots of people, then yeah Halo 2. If you mean it like, fun people to play with, STAY FAR AWAY FROM THE GAME. Unless you have friends to play custom games with, nearly every kid playing Halo 2 would rather talk shit and try to annoy everyone on both his team and your team than just play the game.

For decent people, try Project Gotham 2, Mechassault 2, or Crimson Skies.[/QUOTE]

I gave in and rented halo 2 about a month ago. I know what you're saying. Pretty much in any online game, weather its xbox, ps2, or pc there will always be people to try to ruin it for everyone. It's unfortunate but something you learn to accept. Thanks for the suggestions by the way

[quote name='Lina']Top Spin still has a lot of people. That's if you're into a tennis game. But, it's quite good.[/QUOTE]

I forgot all about that game. I have wanted to play it for awhile, not sure why I never picked it up. Thanks

[quote name='Lina']Top Spin still has a lot of people. That's if you're into a tennis game. But, it's quite good.[/QUOTE]
WHAT? I've been on there several times looking for someone to play but nobody is ever on there. I LOVE that game, but nobody ever to play with....oh well

[quote name='FrankySox']bros. in arms
rainbow six 3
burnout 3
ghost recon
phantom dust
these are just games that I have played recently and it seems that the online community is pretty decently sized
Or you can go to xboxlive and check out the top 10 online games.[/QUOTE]

I have all those games as well, if you want send me a friend request, I need for people on my FL that actually play and play games I play.

[quote name='lina']Top Spin still has a lot of people. That's if you're into a tennis game. But, it's quite good.[/quote]

I haven't tried that game in awhile, the loading times killed me, but I may need to give it another shot.

[quote name='Santurio']I have all those games as well, if you want send me a friend request, I need for people on my FL that actually play and play games I play.

I haven't tried that game in awhile, the loading times killed me, but I may need to give it another shot.[/QUOTE]
Ok Ramo Z, I'll definitely send you a request from Frankysox tonight and maybe we can play soon.

[quote name='Santurio']I have all those games as well, if you want send me a friend request, I need for people on my FL that actually play and play games I play.[/QUOTE]

Sending you a request now. I'll be playing later, once I rent. I will post in here what I do end up renting, if you want.

edit : FrankySox I sent you a request aswell

Dead or alive Ultimate has a great community-- there's usually a lot of players on there and not too much bullshit. It's easy to find a match with people of all skill levels.

[quote name='Apossum']Dead or alive Ultimate has a great community-- there's usually a lot of players on there and not too much bullshit. It's easy to find a match with people of all skill levels.[/QUOTE]
Yeah need to pick this game up I've heard great things about the online play.

[quote name='FrankySox']Yeah need to pick this game up I've heard great things about the online play.[/QUOTE]

It is great, easily my favorite live game, but rent it first to test your connection-- most people don't get lag but I guess there's a handful of folks who get horrible lag for no reason.

So, I went to blockbuster, and a lot was out... which is unusual for here. Anyways, I managed to rent Ghost Recon 2, and Dead or Alive ultimate. I'll be online randomly between both of those games (one more often, if I find I enjoy one of them more). As I said before, my xbox live gamertag is "x andy x" so, feel free to add me.

Note: i'll probably be pretty bad in the beginning, until I get used to the games LOL

[quote name='FrankySox']WHAT? I've been on there several times looking for someone to play but nobody is ever on there. I LOVE that game, but nobody ever to play with....oh well[/QUOTE]

Men's exhibition matches are the only place there's people usually.

Which sucks, because I'm much more into women's tennis.

Plus, stay away from people with like 90% wins. Quite a few cheesers around.

[quote name='Lina']Men's exhibition matches are the only place there's people usually.

Which sucks, because I'm much more into women's tennis.

Plus, stay away from people with like 90% wins. Quite a few cheesers around.[/QUOTE]

I'll play you in a women's match. You'll likely kick my ass because I suck, but it beats being cheesed on.

there's cheesers on topspin? i need this explained.

in the case of halo, i guess if you are ready to be sworn at by 12 year olds and "owned" by 38 year olds, then its a great game to play. i play with the same 8 guys night in and out, so we can handle the trash talking pretty well. i just put on my gary payton jersey (sonics, of course) and tell the young ass hoes that their parents hate them and just toss it back and i come out unscathed.

i find that any game is enjoyable as long as you find people to play with

ESPN NHL2k5- a horrible game, unless you find a nice rounded out friends list that has the sim gamers on it and then you are set. i have a list of about 8 guys that i can play a no bs, no worry game with. the same can be said for any of the ESPN titles really.

Tenchu- always a favorite franchise of mine, well worth the 7 bucks it will cost you at TRU, only thing is that no one is ever online

i also find that there are some rather cool heads to play with on full spectrum warrior and phantom dust, though i play those rather seldomly.

i guess as long as you find a good friends list and a game you like, you will have a fine time on live. the tom clancy games are always good for online and chaos theory's co-op is pretty fresh.

oh and i would recommend XIII too, for some reason i always liked its online, though its hard to find heads to play and its cheap.

[quote name='manofpeace20']I'll play you in a women's match. You'll likely kick my ass because I suck, but it beats being cheesed on.[/QUOTE]

What's your GT, manofpeace? Oh yeah, Lina, what else do you play besides Top Spin?

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']What's your GT, manofpeace? Oh yeah, Lina, what else do you play besides Top Spin?[/QUOTE]

My gamertag is Mr Fortier. Be sure to use a space.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']What's your GT, manofpeace? Oh yeah, Lina, what else do you play besides Top Spin?[/QUOTE]

On Live, nothing else. I don't even have Live anymore. :cry:

I'll probably charm another 2-month trial out of someone for WM21, though. ;)

All the 2-month trials you have probably expired in March. I have a ton of them too. ;)

About cheesing in Top Spin... there's many ways to. The biggest case of it is the "nothing" serve. It bounces right after the net, and the returner can only gently tap it back. Thus, meaning the server wins the point 99% of the time. There's a couple other arguable ones... like hitting risk shots often. I consider that cheese because a risk shot does not exist in real tennis. Plus, risk shots are often "Who has the best connection?" contests.

[quote name='Lina']All the 2-month trials you have probably expired in March. I have a ton of them too. ;)

About cheesing in Top Spin... there's many ways to. The biggest case of it is the "nothing" serve. It bounces right after the net, and the returner can only gently tap it back. Thus, meaning the server wins the point 99% of the time. There's a couple other arguable ones... like hitting risk shots often. I consider that cheese because a risk shot does not exist in real tennis. Plus, risk shots are often "Who has the best connection?" contests.[/QUOTE]

so you are saying that you are down for a more sim style of tennis then? i feel the same way with the hockey cheesers. it has absolutely gotten to the point where i only play FL games and leauges jawns.

as far as the live 2 monthers go, call up xbox and they will honor them anyway.

I'd prefer a more sim style of tennis... but I'm not crazy about it. Realism doesn't work for all sports. Tennis Masters Series goes more for realism... and it's a very bleh game.

I just want a fair game online. Which is the equivalent of asking for world peace.

I didn't know that you could call them about the old trials. I guess I'll do that eventually. :)

thats what im going to do when my one year runs out, which is soon.

getting good games online all depends on that friends list, bottom line. if you see someone named HansonBrothers on topspin, i would give it a shot. hes my main man from hockey and a swell guy.

another good game is RS3BA, though i traded it in this past week to get jade empire. i also enjoy a bit of chessmaster and im going to pick up spy vs spy i think. then im done for months.

Tenchu, lol... I wish. Since I've owned it I've only managed to play online twice, and have tried dozens of times at all different hours. One of them booted me, where the hell does he think he's going! I guess constantly getting nailed with a ninja star from the back will make even the loneliest player decide they don't need a team mate.

[quote name='BLarR']Tenchu, lol... I wish. Since I've owned it I've only managed to play online twice, and have tried dozens of times at all different hours. One of them booted me, where the hell does he think he's going! I guess constantly getting nailed with a ninja star from the back will make even the loneliest player decide they don't need a team mate.[/QUOTE]

lol man. we should play sometime :cool:

[quote name='EddieBelfour']thats what im going to do when my one year runs out, which is soon.

getting good games online all depends on that friends list, bottom line. if you see someone named HansonBrothers on topspin, i would give it a shot. hes my main man from hockey and a swell guy.

another good game is RS3BA, though i traded it in this past week to get jade empire. i also enjoy a bit of chessmaster and im going to pick up spy vs spy i think. then im done for months.[/QUOTE]

I can vouch for that HansonBrothers guy too. We haven't played in forever, but we had some great hockey matches. I have seen him play ESPN NHL 2K5, Top Spin, Halo 2, and Brothers in Arms.

[quote name='manofpeace20']I can vouch for that HansonBrothers guy too. We haven't played in forever, but we had some great hockey matches. I have seen him play ESPN NHL 2K5, Top Spin, Halo 2, and Brothers in Arms.[/QUOTE]

oh cool. i played him ONCE in hockey and he's on my FL now. i see him over on the xbox hockey boards once in awhile and he's a very cool dude. i know that he plays top spin more than anything and he isnt the kind of dude to cheat. thats great you know him, hes one of the good peopleon live.

bread's done
Back