Games that may never see a sequel

[quote name='SpeedyG']I'll see your Deus Ex and Colony Wars and up you one Grim Fandango[/QUOTE]

I'll call your Grim Fandango with a Skies of Arcadia.

Jeremy

[quote name='Lister']Planescape Torment 2....[/quote]

All I can say is :D.

[quote name='jrutz']I'll call your Grim Fandango with a Skies of Arcadia.[/quote]

I'll include another Tex Murphy into this pile of greatness.

Vagrant Story.

They can put out four different Final Fantasy VII games, or three different FF XIII games, but not a sequel to one of the few PS1 games to match Metal Gear Solid in critical acclaim? Boo hiss.

[quote name='Lister']Planescape Torment 2....[/quote]

Yes!!! Rest in Peace Black Isle Studios.

On the PC Tip:

Revenant
Arcanum
Star Wars: Rebellion

[quote name='cletus']Last I heard there was a sequel to Beyond Good and Evil in the works. Let me see if I can find a link.[/QUOTE]

I saw an interview with Michel Ancel...he basically said "Ubisoft lets me do anything. I could do it, but I don't want to right now." Of course, this was when he was working on King Kong.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea, what the fuck, ended on a cliffhanger.

This, XIII, and Beyond Good and Evil are the BIGGEST OFFENDERS OF THIS KNOW TO MAN.

DO NOT END YOUR GAME ON A CLIFFHANGER IF YOU MAY NOT MAKE ANOTHER GAME IN THE SERIES.

Halo 2 can end on a cliffhanger, it's a given there will be a 3rd. XIII can not, the ending to that was fantastic and that's how the story will always end.[/QUOTE]
yes, this is annoying as shit...and its funny because I was going to name these exact 2 games...I LOVE BOTH OF THEM...but im really annoyed at XIII...that was a very good game...to me it was severly underrated...I enjoyed it very much.

Beyond Good & Evil I can understand because of the low game sales...that was one of the most slept on games this past generation...sadly.

[quote name='BKPartisan']

Extreme G 4 - EG3 on the Gamecube was one of my favorite racing games this gen. I remember renting it a few years ago and loving it. Last week I found it used for like $5 and have been reliving the greatness. EG4 on the Wii... *drool*
[/QUOTE]

Isn't XGRA sort of Extreme G 4?

[quote name='Plinko']I thought Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy was an excellent platformer and deserved a sequel, but I'm not sure how well it sold. Here's hoping a sequel is on a future generation system.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, it sold horribly. I think there was a period where all sorts of games came out that weren't high profile or recogized names and they sold like shit. The ending to Sphinx left the door open for a sequel (then again, that's why I made the topic, right? :) ), but I highly doubt it'll come.

[quote name='BKPartisan']They should just make it like Fight Night but with more cartoony kind of characters. I've always enjoyed unrealistic sports games more than the real ones. Then again, I've never really been into real real sports.[/QUOTE]

Because Black and Bruised was a broken game and Ready 2 Rumble was a hotbed for racial stereotypes (a Black guy called Afro Thunder? Subtle ever? :p)

Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (at the very least it won't be made by Remedy)
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (why just a trilogy?)
Psychonauts
Curse of Monkey Island (a 2D sequel I mean)
Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy
Full Throttle (Damn you Lucasarts for cancelling it)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (a good sequel I mean)
Conker's Bad Fur Day (If there's a sequel it will be a sequel to the XBOX remake and that was crap)
Beyond Good & Evil
Crash Bandicoot: Warped (a sequel by Naughty Dog I mean)
Super Mario RPG: The Legend of the Seven Stars (Square and Nintendo need another joint project)
Maniac Mansion II: Day of the Tentacle
Freedom Fighters
Mario's Super Picross (only the first one was even released in the US)
Comix Zone

I actually had no idea XGRA existed! Thanks, YoshiFan. It looks like one of my wishes has already come true. *sticks tongue out at rest of thread* I wonder if I can find a copy...

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Isn't XGRA sort of Extreme G 4?[/quote]

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (at the very least it won't be made by Remedy)
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (why just a trilogy?)
Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy
Full Throttle (Damn you Lucasarts for cancelling it)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (a good sequel I mean)
Super Mario RPG: The Legend of the Seven Stars (Square and Nintendo need another joint project)
Freedom Fighters
Comix Zone[/QUOTE]

I agree with all those. Psi-Ops was a great game but because of the poor sales a sequel will most likely never be made.

I wish they would make Knights of the Old Republic 3, Tie Fighter 2, Rebellion 2.........damn you LA!
Maybe some old adventure type games too, like Monkey Island, or Indiana Jones.

ESPN NFL 2K5. I'd love to see what this series could've done on the next-gen consoles.

Armed & Dangerous needs a sequel because we need more shooters with a soul. I like a little humor with my killing and this game fit the bill perfectly.

Parappa the Rapper would be a great sequel.

Um... Last I knew Max Payne 3 was going to be Remedy's next project after Alan Wake.

It looks like Freedom Fighters 2 was most likely cancelled.

And they are most certainly working ona KOTOR 3.

I generally respect peoples opinions, but why all the love for Psi-Ops. That game was fucking broken. Guys would magically appear and many other glitches that annoyed the shit out of me. I really wanted to like Psi-Ops, but damn was it poorly executed. I loved flying around on shit acting like I was Silver Surfer, I just don't get what was so great about the game. Cool ideas though.

I would like to see another Perfect Dark, but not a Rare now PD, but a Rare of N64 days PD game. But there is no effin' way that will happen.

bread's done
Back