Games that should be re-released for DS/GBA

Kelegacy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I ordinarily despise rehashes and remakes, but recently, having played some Phantasy Star and other 8 and 16-bit classics on the GBA courtesy of my DS Lite, I'm finding that I harbor a yearning for the games of old. Today I had a sudden pang for Landstalker and thought I'd offer up this thread for people that crave other games to be rereleased for their favorite handhelds. It's an opportunity for companies to capitalize on nostalgia at a decent price, but it also allows a new generation of gamers to play these titles for the first time.

I don't know how I would choose if given the option of getting some of these classics on the Wii's download service or the DS/GBA, but let's pretend for now the Wii doesn't/won't exist.

What are the titles YOU pine away for, from your youth or years gone by, to experience once more on the DS/GBA?

The Streets of Rage trilogy
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Arcade Game
TMNT: Turtles in Time (with the SNES extra levels)
Super Mario RPG
ToeJam & Earl
Super Metroid

Super Metroid
Contra III: The Alien Wars
Smash TV/Total Carnage doublepack.
Castlevania Collection (I,II,III)
Archon (with wifi multiplay)

Mega Man, the original Gameboy collection - I don't think this will ever come out soon.
Shadowgate, Uninvited, and Deja Vu collection - I missed out on most of the point and click games on the NES besides Shadowgate.
Dragon Warrior series and all the million seller games that haven't been ported yet.

contra
castlevania 3
dracula x
metal gear
toejam&earl
ninja gaiden
revenge of shinobi
star fox
mario rpg
earthbound
ducktales
panzer dragoon saga

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Oh, okay then Dragon Warrior IV and the rest as a compilation. I never owned any of the Dragon Warrior games on the NES or GBC.[/quote]i loved the first dragon warrior, but never beat it until i got it for gbc. it wasn't nearly as difficult as i remembered. then i found out they greatly strengthened your equipment for the gbc versions since the nes versions were "too difficult." also they changed erdrick's name to loto, since erdrick wouldn't fit on the gbc screen dimensions.

Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu III, Radiant Silvergun (they could fit the bastard on a DS cart, but I don't know if it'd translate well to the DS due to small size), maybe Nights for DS

[quote name='rodeojones903']I was under the impression that ports are bad. :roll:[/QUOTE]

LOVE the touch screen. No more tedious scrolling.

I'd like to be able to take the sonic 16 bit games with me on the DS. I could play Sonic 3 & K forever.
Streets of rage is a good idea too. Everyone loved that game.

bread's done
Back