Games to get for PS3?

Droenixjpn

CAGiversary!
Since I believe I am getting a PS3 for Christmas, I am just wondering what are some excellent games to pick up for the PS3?

I am into RPGs, FPS', Fighting, and really any type of game except Sport games.

I'm not into the Horror genre, so please don't reccomend any games in that type of genre.

So what do you guys and girls reccomend for games?

The Orange Box, Valkyria Chronicles, Fallout 3, Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty World at War, Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection (PSN), Little Big Planet, Bioshock, Rock Band 2, and Pure.

Could you rate the games you just listed from favorite to least favorite? Or Play the Most to Least Played

[quote name='Droenixjpn']Could you rate the games you just listed from favorite to least favorite? Or Play the Most to Least Played[/quote]

I'm into fighting games, so Tekken 5 would be the most played.

[quote name='gouley042894']dont getta ps3 get a 360[/quote]

Fail troll fails at trolling.

Anyways, Little Big Planet, the Resistance series, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, GTA IV, Killzone 2 (when it comes out), CoD4 (if you don't already have it), etc.

[quote name='gouley042894']dont getta ps3 get a 360[/quote]

And when it breaks down, you can send it back to microsoft so they'll send you another broke console too!

The thing that makes the 360 exciting, much like the Jaguar cars of the 90s is the fact that you never know if it'll work the next time you turn it on.

I"ve got Ratchet & Clank both QFB & Future. Ninja Gaiden Sigma and just got LBP last night. Oh my girl plays SingStar a bit.

why not look at gamerankings?
i have -
R&C
resistance
resistance2
folklore
mgs4
motorstorm
burnout paradise
siren
littlebigplanet
hot shots golf

little big planet is my favorite closely over r2

Lol sadly the troll does not realize I already have a 360 that RROD on me. I will not be buying Microsoft's gaming consoles in the future.

Sticking to good old Japanese company consoles. I will most likely be getting Little Big Planet, as it allows for a ton of customization, and possibly Fallout 3 although I've heard that the graphics in the game seem nerfed compared to the other versions.

Is that true?

I've had a PS3 since February 07 and have played most of the major releases. These have been my favorites up to now:

1. Ratchet & Clank Future - played through 3 times maxing out all weapons; it's been on sale for $42 shipped at Amazon for awhile and has recently been spotted as a clearance title at Target for $41.98

2. Fallout 3 - currently in my first play through of about 45 hours; your original post said you liked RPGs and FPS so this seems like a perfect fit; I much prefer it to Oblivion due to the sci-fi setting and the leveling and perk mechanics; my understanding is that the PS3 and 360 graphics are nearly identical, but I imagine the PC version does look better; this is still a full price $60 game right now - probably the one to ask for as a gift

3. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - beat last Christmas, but I plan to pick it up again now that it has trophies; I still think this is the best looking game on PS3 and if you have a 5.1 set-up, the explosions and sound effects are unbelievable; you can get it for $42 shipped at Amazon and it's also on clearance at Target for $41.98

4. Metal Gear Solid 4 - I really enjoyed this even though I hadn't played the series since 2001's MGS2. Up there with Uncharted as the show-piece of the PS3 with a compelling story and really fun gameplay. I played it through 2 times. You can get this for about $35 used at Gamestop right now if you use the 20% off coupon.

[quote name='m_d_amore']are there no good games coming out til feb?[/QUOTE]

There's still Prince of Persia and Tomb Raider Underworld. Also MK Vs DC if that turns out well.

Here's the games I currently have(and those I actually play still will be in brackets):

Mercenaries 2- haven't played this since getting frustrated on the one level back in September

Uncharted- great Tomb Raider-esque game with some stunning visuals, but same deal as Mercs 2 has stopped my playthrough of it

(Grand Theft Auto IV)- I've had this since it came out in April, which was when I got my PS3. The online modes are the ONLY saving grace for this game AFTER you complete the story once. They seriously screwed up the aiming controls(in car) for weapons, the vehicle controls and the storyline was mediocre at best. Plus, you get a horrible 'reward' for shooting all TWO HUNDRED pigeons scattered throughout the city and ZERO rewards for each 10-20 that you eliminate, unlike prior games which rewarded you with a weapon pickup at your hideout.

(Little Big Planet)- fun little platforming game, where you can create your own levels and publish them online for others to play. I haven't even finished the main story levels yet due to playing ALOT with friends online in this.

Conan- If you liked God Of War, you should like this. The lead character is voiced by "Hellboy"(Ron Perlman) and while he is a bit deadpan in some of the scenes, he does convey a decent amount of emotion in most others.

I also have Timeshift for PS3, which you can pick up fairly cheap from Kmart($10) right now. It uses a system similar to that of the Prince Of Persia series from last gen, with the ability to reverse time. I haven't even opened it yet.

I have:

Metal Gear Solid 4 - If you are a MGS fan, this is a must buy. I've only played MGS2 before this, but I had a blast. The Metal Gear vs. Metal Gear boss battle was my favorite part of the game.

Heavenly Sword - I'm not normally into these god of war type games, but I had fun with this. The story and presentation are very good.

Join a gamesharing group for downloadable games. In that category I'd recommend burnout, wipeout, pixeljunk monsters and eden, and tekken (since you're into fighting games). Everyone else has already mentioned the BR games.

[quote name='erehwon']Metal Gear Solid 4 - If you are a MGS fan, this is a must buy. I've only played MGS2 before this, but I had a blast.[/quote]

You should probably spoiler the rest of this.

I don't really see anything else wrong with it Metaly. I'll be looking through these posts, and hopefully I can make my decision between the games suggested. I'll be doing research on these games, no idea if I'll get MGS4 though, I've never played any in the series.

Some of my favorites

Oblivion - Once and a while a game will suck me and not let me out till I do absolutely everything and Oblivion was one of these games. Oddly enough I didn't bother springing for the expansion because I thought it would end up tainting my nostalgia of Oblivion.

Call of Duty 4 - I think this will go down as the best game this generation because of what it had against it. It's an amazing game with a ton of replay value with the online.

Warhawk - Warhawk is one of those games that can be a real addiction for a period of time. It's a really unique game that deserves a try, especially with the demo now. It takes a long time to get used to, it's very odd. It takes forever to kill someone with a gun, you get owned fast in the air but after a while you'll get used to it and it becomes a very fun game.

Uncharted - This game is really fun and it's the first game since RE remake for the GC where after beating it I wanted more and more until I did pretty much everything possible. It's also one of the best looking console games (I still think THE best).

Resistance 2 - I haven't actually played it, but I loved the beta. The Co-op was amazing and despite there being only one level in the beta I played through it so much with each time feeling like it was a new experience.

LittleBigPlanet- Another really fun game, if you are a creative type it's your wet dream but even if you are not (like I am not) it's still fun to make little creations and play in others online.

What I didn't really like

Assasin's Creed- It's an alright game that has it's moments, it's a great looking title and it has some unique ideas but it's just so damn repetitive and boring. Combat is basically boiled down to you facing 100s of guards and just timing the counter hit, even the final boss is all about timing.

Orange Box- The PS3 version is pretty poor. I mean it sucks, Portal is fun but IMO overrated in just about every category. TF2 really isn't fun on the PS3, and the HL series all has pretty poor loading times that really hurt it IMO.

PSN Games

Pixeljunk Monsters- Hell of a fun game if you like tower defense games and I'll tell you it's a shining example of what a PSN or any DL game should be. $10

LittleBigPlanet
Ratchet & Clank
Uncharted
Resistance
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Motorstorm
Virtua Fighter 5

flOw
Tekken 5: DR
Blast Factor
Calling All Cars!

Time Crisis 4 is one of the most underrated games on the system. Get it! It's not super pretty, but it's a damn fine game. Just make sure you get the Guncon 3 and the TV-mount sensors if you get it used. You may need a couple USB extension cords, too.

burnout paradise if you like racing and crashing other cars into walls. Some amazing crashes and a whole city to drive around in.

They don't close off roads during races either so you can pick any street you want to get to the finish line. Can be frustrating if you make a wrong turn but a fun new twist. The computer controlled cars offline generally take the same route but I bet it could get interesting online when everyone has their own route they think is fastest.

Given how expensive games are these days, I'd go for the good games that have dropped in price (ie Burnout Paradise, College Hoops 2k8, Soul Calibur IV, Warhawk). As a Cheapassgamer, you can get 2 or 3 of those (depending on how good of a deal you can find) for the price of a new PS3 game.

bread's done
Back