Games with replay value not worth replaying?

Fatesealer

CAGiversary!
Have you ever run into a game with multiple endings, New Game +, etc that encourages you to play again, but you just don't have the patience to?

My list:
Dead Rising - Got Infinite Mode but had already killed so many so many ways that the drive for the Megaman outfit isnt there.
Saint's Row- Right at 97% with only 16 CD's to find and about 20 tags but meh...
Disgaea 2- On my 3rd cycle but I think the 2nd cycle's powerleveling overkilled my interest

I haven't played any of the current RPGs more than once. I can't seem to get into a game enough to spend another 40-60 hours power leveling and watching the same cut scenes. KOTOR is a prime example. I went through and got the good ending and started playing to get a bad ending but I just couldn't do it again. Maybe I'll try in a couple years.

I tend not to replay games to get special stuff like that. I'll come back to them months or years later and replay, but not right after I beat it once. There's always something else begging for my attention.

There are very few games that I will play beyond beating the main story. But once in a while a game is just soo good that I immediately have to play it again.

- Resident Evil 4
- Castlevania series
- Disgaea 1 (havent beaten 2 yet, but Im assuming I will play thru at least twice)
- GTA series (especially San Andreas, which I still play from time to time)

Other than that, Im hard pressed to think of any games that Ive played thru more than once.

[quote name='tangytangerine']The Grand Theft Auto games are another one. Can't really go for 100% after beating the game.[/QUOTE]

Offtopic, but going from playing Saint's Row for days on end to going backwards to San Andreas again, I couldn't refocus. Most of the controls are the same but when you have right analog aim, you really can't take GTA's random targeting.

[quote name='Fatesealer']
Saint's Row- Right at 97% with only 16 CD's to find and about 20 tags but meh...
[/QUOTE]

Print out a map with the tags / CD's and you'll have it done within an hour, two hours tops.

The only story-driven game (not counting sports, Mario Kart, puzzlers, etc) I've replayed is Tales of Symphonia. Even if I like a game, usually I'm burned out by the time I finish it. If it's good, I'll keep it and potentially play it again some other time, but ToS is the only game I've immediately started the Game+ after a 50 hour playthrough.

I won't reply a game plus unless they add extra stuff you can't acquire in first play through,useful things like more characters in Makai Kingdom or extra bosses in Shin Megami Digital Saga 1 and 2.I hate replaying games that give all you skills and abilities from you last save point,and nothing else.I don't care much for beating the first boss with one hit.The only exception to this is Chrono Trigger and nothing else.For alternative endings I rather spend 5 minutes looking at youtube rather wasting 30+ hours replaying a game.

Disgaea 2-You have to redo all the darkworld stages and enemies are too easy,even with a slight lvl boost.I kinda feel ripped on the extra ending that require at least 2nd playtru or require a high level.All of those endings suck,their really short and boring

Disgaea 1-Nothing extra,only lvl,skills and equipment from you last save are pass in the next playtru

All Shadow Heart games,-Nothing extra,only skills from your last save are pass in the next play tru

Suikoden IV,Suikoden V,Suikoden tactics,Growlanser Generations-Nothing extra,only skills and equipment from your last save are pass in next playtru

Sigma Star-not worth time for two or three extra scenes

Castlevania Series-I hate that same old rehash extra feature of using Belmont or character with a whip.

I never do, there are too many other games to play. I play through story-based games once and that's it. I try to get it as complete as possible in that run-through, but fuck playing the whole game over again for some statistics that don't really matter.

yeah most games are just one time play only maybe 2 times if you want t beat it on a higher difficulty. fighting games tend to be fun to replay soemtimes like marvel vs capcom series or marvel super heros or xmen vs street righter or some of the neo geo fighters.

i like playing spider man 2 every now and then just to swing aroudn the city and the huulk is cool for some quick carnage. and i used to play san andreas all th etime sometimes just to drive around the city and do stunts or start trouble, and of course the classic mega man games are always fun to play again as are many classic games like rescue rangers or the castlevannia games .

the last newest game i liked playing over and over was re 4 for the gamecube its still fun to go into with fullly maxed out weapons on the hardest difficulty to see how fast you can beat it also the mercenaries mode is fun.

i also had fun playing gun a few times but most games even the really high end ones are only 1 or 2 plays at best.

bread's done
Back