Games you SWEAR you will FINISH but you know you NEVER will.

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
It's time to be honest with myself. I have a pile of games too tall to play all the way through. I keep telling myself I'll get around to finishing them eventually but it's time to face the facts - I probably never will. I've got two more triforce pieces to collect in Wind Waker and I stopped. I just got the Screw Attack in Echoes and I stopped, etc. I could add Sly2, Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, MGS3 and a ton of others to the list. I have mental problems.

I have that problem too. I think we have all been so spoiled with entertainment recently, that now almost all Americans have A.D.D. :)

-007 Nightfire, stuck on the stupid underwater level where your car is a submarine... i will never go back to this.
-Zelda Windwaker - Stuck on a aprt semi early in the game got bored and put it down, never to touch it again.
-Viewtiful Joe - Got bored and put it down
-GTA Vice City - Cant figure out where to get more missions, got tired of it put it down.
-SMT - Stuck in some maze part that i cant get out of without drying, i hate this game for some reason and will probably never go back to it.

Good Topic. Here's my list:

Tomb Raider 1
Ring of Red
Ratchet & Clank: GC
Red Faction
Front Mission 4
Saga Frontier 2
Persona 2
Castlevania SOTN ( I know, it's a sin)
Skullmonkeys
Tail of the Sun
Mark of Kri
Donkey Kong 64

I think that's all...

[quote name='javeryh']yeah, GTA is my biggest offender - I have all 3 for PS2 and haven't even gotten to 50% on one of them...[/QUOTE]

I have actually played each of them and the most I have completed of one is 90% on GTA III.

Other games haven't finished:

Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Jak III
Mightnight Club 3
Burnout 2 & 3
Mercaneries
Medal of Honor: Frontline & Rising Sun
Devil May Cry 3
Ninja Gaiden
Jade Empire
Metal Gear Solid: Acid
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Super Smash Bros.

SMT - The customization system got old about 20 hours into it and I can't bring myself to finish it.

Valkyrie Profile - Fantastic Game. I found out there's a "Good" Ending but because I'm so far into the game and I missed some key steps, I'm too lazy to go back and restart it.

Suikoden III - Loved the first two, third one is sorely lacking in fun-factor IMO.

Thousand Arms - Dating sim area is fun, but the battle system isn't too hot and I've lost interest.

Disgaea - Although I've recently gotten back into it, not sure when I'll finish, though.

Once I start a game I finish. I have a backlog of unplayed stuff like everyone else, but all of that stuff is also un-started. I dont have anything that I started years ago but just moved away from, unless I just didnt like it.

The .hack series. I had the full series in mint condition. Luckily I realized that I really hate it, and it became part of a 14 title trade-in towards a Nintendo DS. For the better :)

Disgaea, Phantom Brave. Mostly because I don't have time. I bought Disgaea on a whim during a TRU sale about a year ago, half off ... and Phantom Brave when Hastings goofed up and sold it for 12 bucks. From what I hear they're incredibly long, and as it is I have a huge pile of games to finish, so it's likely those will be pushed to the back until I finish the others ... which will likely be never.

If I start a game, I will 98% of the time play it until finished. There are only a rare few games that I started but didn't finish and those are games that I couldn't stand and ended up trading or selling.

FFVII - played for about 25 hours and started a diff game
GTA (all 3) - too much driving, lol.
Ring of Red
Red Faction 2 - stopped at repta boss
Timesplitters 2 - played the 3rd and never looked back
Burnout 3 - fun game but i'm going to move onto burntout revenge :D
Final Fantasy Origins
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Crystalis (NES) - first game i never completed hehe :lol:
Batman Begins - lost interest
Midnight Club 3 - moved onto burnout 3 :)
and many more :cry:

For me it's mostly crappy games that I don't bother to finish

I actually keep a detailed spreadsheet of every Xbox and PS2 game I've picked up. I check off when I complete it and record how much I paid and ultimately sold it off for. So this list is pretty comprehensive for me.

Xbox:
Dr. Muto - game is just not good.
Brute Force - hit a bug 1/2 to 2/3rd of the way in that would have forced me to replay a chapter.
GTA:SA - lost interest
Wreckless* - lost interest
Blinx - lost interest/too hard
Buffy Vampire Slayer - lost interest/too hard
Fatal Frame - probably about 2/3rd through and it just got too difficult.
Crash Nitro Kart - lost interest
DOA: Xtreme Beach Volleyball - not my cup of tea.
Elder Scrolls - lost interest, probably put 15 or so hours into it.
Freaky Flyers - Man this game sucks.
Futurama - Got over halfway I think, but the cool story elements couldn't make up for the boring gameplay.
Hunter Redeemer - lost interest/wanted to play co-op and never had anyone interested
LOTR: Return of the King - lost interest
Manhunt - not my cup of tea
Panzer Dragoon Orta - Wanted to like this game, but couldn't bring myself to really give it a chance.
Shenmue II* - too slow
Spider-Man 2 - Couldn't beat a certain boss.
Thief Deadly Shadows - lost interest
Timesplitters 2 - lost interest/not all that great of a game
Toejam and Earl III - lost interest
Top Spin - got boring
Turok: Evolution - kind of a crappy game
Van Helsing - lost interest
X-Men Legends - found this to be very boring

PS2:
None yet - just got my PS2 a month ago - but I have a feeling a few of the RPGs currently on my shelf will die there. Dark Cloud is probably the top candidate ATM.

(And I actually do complete the majority of the games I pick up. I've completed 70-80+ Xbox games.)

I consider a game finished when I've completed the story mode and beaten the final boss - if applicable. So for GTA games I would not require myself to hit 100% completion before calling it done.

*I'm still semi-fooling myself into thinking I may finish these games at some point.

Any Final Fantasy Game

I usually get to the save point near the last boss and put the game down. The chances of me picking up that save point are slim. I usually just restartfrom the beginning. I hate playing an awesome game then knowing when your gonna beat it, it's all gonna be over.

Any game that takes longer than a few sittings to beat. I can't stand long games anymore. I just don't have the time to beat them. SRPG's and most RPGs. I'm just tired of backtracking and running around to level up. Something like God of War or Resident Evil 4 is exactly what I'm looking for.

Oh man where to start. Maybe I will just do ones from this year.
Devil May Cry 2- barely started but never seemed to pick it back up
Viewtiful Joe - Man was the adults mode hard, I gave up
Castlevania PS2 - All the levels looked the same and got borring
Sword of Mana- this has been and off and on relationship for a year now
The Legend of Zelda- I never played the original until recently but I find it getting too hard in dungeon #5 and keep dieing over and over. very frustrating starting with 1/2 of your health after you die

GTA:SA - I couldn't get past the fucking flight school
MGS 3 - just kinda lost interest
Record of Lodoss War - got repetitive after 12 hours
Enter the Matrix - I'll beat a level or so andthen put it down for 2-3 months - I've had a copy since it came out (my first PS2 game :) )

GTA: SA and conker. GTA: SA I hope I will eventually finish, but I can only take the targeting system in smaller doses. Conker, well we all know what happened there. I love the first PoP, but I'm 80% through the second one and I just can't seem to finish it because the sound bugs really bother me.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. I thought I was buying a GBA version of the PS1 game and boy was I wrong. I hate the whole judge thing too.

I have been trying to finish Viewtiful Joe for over a year now, but everytime I remember that I have to finish it, I find somethign else to do/play.

[quote name='munch']Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. I've been trying for over 15 years. I'll never be able to do it.[/QUOTE]

c'mon, that's totally doable... all you have to do is last 1:30 in the first round and he's super easy. I bet a few solid hours of practice and you will beat him.

The list is just too long...

Off the top of my head, Pikmin, Metroid Prime, Bloodrayne, Super Mario Sunshine, Warioworld, all three GTA games, Onimusha 2, Spiderman, Brute Force, and so on and so on...

If i put down an RPG for over a week, i'll never finish it, so...

Brave Fencer Musashi(and im so close to the end too haha)
Chrono Cross
Xenogears
GTA 3 and SA, just cant get into them
probably wont ever finish X-Men Legends now that I gave in and got the second one
Wind Waker
Splinter Cell and SC: PT

thats all i can think of for now

Tales of Symphonia I played to about the end of the first act and have not touched it again. I put plenty of hours into it as well. I made it a point several times to go back to the game but never do. I enjoyed what I played but some other title took my interest away from it.

Kingdom Hearts - I got past the first stage (Hearts) and then I borrowed it to a friend he finished it and I never got back to playing it.

Panzer Dragoon Xbox - I am at the fifth level and just have not picked it up again. The last Boss battle was amazing so I should try to finish it.

DMC2 - I beat the first disc but did not feel like play the girls story. Very boring compared to the first one, with stupid AI.

Getaway - Played through about almost have of the game and got stuck on a mission and never went back. Horrible controls make me want to stay away.

Hitman 2 - I'm on about the fifth level in this game as well. Liked it but stopped to play something else.

Evil Dead Boomstick - I am at the end of the Museum section and got stuck. Plan on finishing it because I want to play the new game.

GTA3 - Played it a lot (PS2) and I am at the end of the first city. Maybe will replay the xbox version I got for cheap with custom soundtracks!

Dungeon and Dragons Heroes - Started a game with my buddy and he did not like it so we never played again and neither have I. Would like to finish someday. I like these styles of games.

Enter the Matrix - Tried to finish it before the movie came out. The movie came out and I did not finish it. Did not get that far into the game either.

Hunter (Xbox) Me and my buddies got really far but the game got extremely hard towards the end and we just stopped playing. We swear we will all get together again and finish it!

Katamari Damacy - I am about a half one done and will try to finish it before I pick up the new one. Great game for short play.

Just a few that came to mind.

[quote name='javeryh']c'mon, that's totally doable... all you have to do is last 1:30 in the first round and he's super easy. I bet a few solid hours of practice and you will beat him.[/QUOTE]

Yeah if you use the quick dodge technique you can knock him down in the first round.

As for myself I'm pretty excitied to say I've turned over a new leaf....I am now trying to play one game at a time and finish it before heading over to a new game. Although there are some games which I know I will never finish.

Final Fantasy VII - Got to just about the end got stuck in one spot and stopped playing it. After years of playing them I recently realized I hate all RPGs so I got rid of it. No regrets.

Viewtiful Joe - Traded this sucker in. The idea of the gameplay was good but after playing it for awhile I realized I just wasn't having that much fun with it so I said goodbye.

I recently finished:

Zelda: A Link To The Past (GBA) - As big of a Zelda fan as I am I had a Genesis back in the day. All I can say this is a game not to be missed.
Castlevania - Circle Of The Moon (GBA)
Spider-Man (GBA)
Star Wars Episode III (DS)
Prince Of Persia Sands Of Time (GC)
Sly Cooper (PS2)
Mario 64 (DS version)
Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro (PS) I'm not sure why but I never played this on my PS after I loved the 1st one. Went through it on my PS2.
Starfox Assault (GC) - Good but no way near as SF64 good.

I'm now working on X-Men Legends (GC) and Donkey Kong Country (GBA).

I also would like to get back to these which I started and didn't play through:

Devil May Cry (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2)

I just finished Tomb Raider III and now I'm going back to finish SSX. I'm way too stubborn to not finish a game. Next up, State of Emergency. You may commence laughing.

I have a bunch of games that I haven't finished. I think its all in my head. I think I don't want to finish them because then I will be disappointed with the ending or I'll have to tell myself to get rid of them. Or something like that.

Incredible Hulk ultimate destruction-I got to the mission where all the tanks are attacking the building and you should try to stop them. Got frustrated with that.

Super Mario 64 DS- i will try my best to finish, but theres just too many stars to collect.

Advance wars-i'll never finish the hard campaign...i'm only on mission 19 on the normal campaign.

katamari damacy-stuck on star 17.

i'm gonna be pickin up nba live 06, trace memory and lost in blue this week. so i wont be playing with those previous games in awhile.

Too many games to list, but my biggest offender:

Final Fantasy Tactics

After having the game stolen, then rebought a copy to have my data corrupt, then to lose the memory card w/ the save on it, then had it stolen again, then rebought it, I've just played the beginning way too many times. I try again every so often, and get to the Ramza/Gafgarion fight where Ramza's on the otherside of the castle wall from everyone, then I get pwned and quit,

Great topic. Too many games to count.

My friends and I started a little game we called the VGC, where we see how many games we can finish per month. What we do is come up with a list of games we are currently playing, and then stick to that list until a title is finished, then add a new one, and over and over. It keeps us focused on the games we start playing, and discourages us from starting a game, playing it for a while, and then never finishing.

We're still doing it on the VGCHQ forums, if anyone wants to try it out. It's all for fun and bragging rights, but maybe it will force you to finish that game you've always wanted to.

Jeremy

I finish all the games I buy... hehe.

Latest completions:

Meteos, all unlockables unlocked.
Kirby DS, main game finished, 239 medals.
Katamari Damacy, made the moon over 600m.
Mario vs Donkey Kong, 100% with crown.
Ikaruga, finished this, but seriously, from the 4th level boss on, I die like every 15 seconds LOL.
F-Zero GX, AX courses unlocked.
RE4, finished this game like 4 times in like 10 days.
Guild Wars, all missions completed and W/N with ALL skills from both classes.

Currently working on:

Parasite Eve

Looking Forward to:

Lost in Blue
Trauma Center

[quote name='Shion']I finish all the games I buy... hehe.

Latest completions:

Meteos, all unlockables unlocked.
Kirby DS, main game finished, 239 medals.
Katamari Damacy, made the moon over 600m.
Mario vs Donkey Kong, 100% with crown.
Ikaruga, finished this, but seriously, from the 4th level boss on, I die like every 15 seconds LOL.
F-Zero GX, AX courses unlocked.
RE4, finished this game like 4 times in like 10 days.
Guild Wars, all missions completed and W/N with ALL skills from both classes.

Currently working on:

Parasite Eve

Looking Forward to:

Lost in Blue
Trauma Center[/QUOTE]

Ahh, but do you have all the vehicles (AX racers) and movies for each character in F-zero GX, thats the main challenge.

But I need to finish Super Mario Bros 1 , the game is just soooo long and the storyline gets me totally confused. I feel like the characters stories are not developed well, therefore, i can not bring myself to finish it. Also, the graphics are too pixelated.

Wind Waker, OoT. Might not finish DDS, REmake, PDOrta, Xenogears...and a bunch more. I'm about half way through most of the games in my small collection.

Half of my damned game library, in short (another 400 to 500 games to go).

Some major ones that I'll probably never get around to...

Dragon Warrior 7 (Shame, but I just don't have the time)
Xenosaga: Episode I and Episode II (Ditto)
Beyond the Beyond (Considering I have to level for 20 hours to have a chance at the bosses due to screwing up the Class Change, I'd rather not)
Thousand Arms (Started over, got really far, then realized I missed the only Heal spell I can get. Good.)
Wild Arms (I'll probably play through the remake, if it ever comes out)
Wild Arms 2 (Want to beat the first one before I touch this)
Wild Arms 3 (Ditto)
Breath of Fire 4 (BoF3 left me ultimately disappointed)
Breath of Fire 5 (Looks and plays just like I would love, but I don't have the time)
Phantom Brave (Lost my 60 Hour save when my Sony PS2 Mem Card decided to die on me [even though all of the save data still remains it is entirely inaccessible] so...)

Then there are others I would love to play but I'll never have the time. Destiny of an Emperor, for example, since I can't spare another 90 hours on a single game.

-Disgaea (100+ hours, and I'm barely in the middle of the game...)
-SMT: Nocturne (I dunno when I'll be in the mood to power lvl/fuse for better monsters...maybe never?)
-Unlimited Saga (a hammer to the nuts seems more desireable)
-ICO (I forgot where I was, so I just run around the same friggin puzzle I may OR may not have even finished...there's some waterfall)
-GTA:SA (no thanks)
-Tactics Ogre: KoL (if I can't bring myself to finish this, should I get FFTA? I mean it's cheap now on amazon.com, but yeah...-_-)

This topic rocks.

Chrono Trigger I will never beat. Well, maybe...I've played through that game so many times that it's almost a chore to play now. I recognize it's greatness, and that's drives me to play it, but I usually lose all motivation from having to play the beginning over everytime I start. I'm not a fan of starting a game, stopping half way through, and then picking it back up months later. I've got to play during one period of time to enjoy it thoroughly,

Final Fantasy VII...I think the furthest I've got was around the end of disk 2. That, like Chrono Trigger, will never be completed...

SaGa Frontier. SaGa Frontier seems to be a pretty hated game. I love it, though. It feels like a chore playing through it, because most of the seven character's quests are exactly the same. When you think about it, this compounds my hatred of re-playing things. Even if I get past having to re-play what I've done and decide to attempt to beat it, I inevitably have to replay many of the quests over and over for each scenario.

All three I would like to finish one day...SaGa and Chrono are more likely to be completed than Final Fantasy 8, though.

I try to complete every game I own, or else I feel guilty about buying it. I also try not to start any new games until the current one I'm playing on a particular console is done, but it never works out that way.

PS2:
SMT: Nocturne - currently playing this and it's taking up all my time when I play ps2, which is why I have the following games on hold.
Katamari Damacy
Ratchen & Clank UYA
Gitaroo Man
Space Channel 5 SE
Shining Tears
- Was playing this co-op with the BF, but he's at school now, so I'm waiting for him to get back so we can play.
Alien Hominid - Playing this with the BF too, but we got stuck in the level with Russia because it was too damn hard.

PSX:
Valkyrie Profile - I'm on the last boss battle and keep getting my ass kicked. I don't think I leveled enough throughout the game.
Persona 2 - the rumor system confuses me.
Rhapsody - I'm on an sRPG break after finishing La Pucelle

DC:
Maken X - Great character design, crappy voice acting, but it's the controls that keep me from finishing the game.

GBA:
Mario & Luigi SS Saga - I'm stuck on finding the last beanstar. I see it on the map, but I don't know how to get there. I got bored of wandering around.
Advance Wars - Each battle is too long for me. I save it, then come to it two weeks later, have no idea what's going on, and have to restart.

shin megami tensei : nocturne, im stuck and its too hard..i have the guide too and the last boss(es) dont encourage me much
digital devil saga 1 : seems kinda boring thus far even tho i ordered dds 2..i feel obligated
suikoden 3 :FREAKIN THOMAS AND HIS BORING QUESTS
the bards tale :...
fatal frame 2 : mine has some glitch in it
stella dues :it just sucks
la pucelle :...too hard and stuck..GAMESHARK!
phantome brave : your characters vanish after x amount of turns, WHAT GENIUS CAME UP WITH THIS
otogi 2 :..maybe
KUF : crusaders :...im stuck on lucretias campaign

[quote name='WinnieThePujols']Chrono Trigger I will never beat. Well, maybe...I've played through that game so many times that it's almost a chore to play now. I recognize it's greatness, and that's drives me to play it, but I usually lose all motivation from having to play the beginning over everytime I start. I'm not a fan of starting a game, stopping half way through, and then picking it back up months later. I've got to play during one period of time to enjoy it thoroughly[/QUOTE]

Yeah - there's one point where you're supposed to go around and collect the badass weapons after the meteor hits - I couldn't be bothered to go back to medieval times get the white box key go back to prehistoric times get 2 combs and a feather to get the blue box key etc etc.

Shame because I was having fun up to then.

I also gave up on FFX2 because I couldn't have cared less.

Probably the only two games I can think of never finishing.

Not to many actually.. I have a lot i've never started, but I can only think of a few.

Breath of Fire 3 - I got like 50 hours into it.. The save is from like 7 years ago, I sold the game, then rebought it. Apparently I didn't level up high enough because the last dungeon is kicking my ass.

Ninja Gaiden Black - I've beaten this already on normal, but I though i've throw this up because the mission mode will never be beaten, as will the normal game on hard or anything after. fucking impossible

Devil May Cry 3 - No patience to play through after the 4th level, getting to the end and dieing and then having to restart from the beginning.. no thanks.

Xenogears - I really want to finish this, but everyone tells me the second disk is lame so I haven't motivated myself to get past 15 hours.

Alundra - Meh.. I don't have an excuse, I just can't get into it like I thought I would.

bread's done
Back