Games You've Beat Once & Want To Revist

n64ra

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Looking for games you've completed just once and would love to go through again. For me it's Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64). Loved the game so I completed it back in 2001. Time to bust it out again.

I rarely play games for a second time, but I'd like to revisit Witcher 2 and pick diffrent paths. A couple others I've wanted to play again are Nier and L.A. Noire.

After playing through Tomb Raider and very much enjoying it, I read so many comments about people thinking it was so much better than Uncharted that I really wanted to back and play those games again. I have only played each once but I remember them being better overall than Tomb Raider.

Dishonored. I definitely need to do a no kill no detect playthrough...

Also I've been trying to start a bad karma playthrough of fallout 3 but new games keep pushing that back on the to do list

As others in the Mass Effect 360 will also say, every game in that series is outstanding. My favorite is ME1, which I played something like 6 times to get 100% and it was great each time. ME2 I played twice and I need to replay 3 again for 100%.

Also, Red Dead. Going to fire that one up again soon. Epic setting and gameplay.

Non-AAA/older - Prob Donkey Kong 64.

ICO, but the game tests my patience:lol:
Ni No Kuni (I'm on the last hour of gameplay and can't wait to play it again)
Luigi's Mansion
Tomb Raider
Alan Wake

inFamous 1 and 2 (need to take the evil path), Batman Arkham games (just because I liked them so much), Heavy Rain (only did 2 or 3 endings), Dead Rising 2 (again, just liked it a lot), and Catherine (need to get more endings, only did 1-2).

Definitely Heavy Rain, I only saw one ending! Also, God of War 3 just because its awesome and Uncharted 3 for the same reason. Besides that there isn't much else I'd repurchase. I did buy the Ico and Shadow of the Colossus remake but haven't played it yet.

The only games I've played twice or more recently are Max Payne 3, which is somehow underrated, Uncharted 2, infamous, GTA 4 (really wanted a trophy), and Modern Warfare 2 for the same reason. As a matter of fact the only game I've replayed for just the joy and not a trophy was MP3.

Thief 2. Unlike most games, harder difficulties actually add new mission objectives. I LOVED playing this years ago, and I kinda wanna try playing a harder mode, since it changes the game up so much.

[quote name='TrumpetDan']Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, and Final Fantasy VI definitely for me.[/QUOTE]

I agree on CT. In part because, while I understand the praise it gets now, at the time it didn't blow me away. I thought it was a great game, but that's relatively nothing in terms of its current reputation, which has taken on incredible dimensions.

Another game I'd love to finish once more is LoZ: MM. It's not like I haven't tried. I've had 4 saves (one of which included the Gilded Sword) become worthless because of glitches. I've sworn it off completely, the game hates me.

Mass Effect 2 - I'm 1/2 way through my second playthrough (evil style) and I'm enjoying it even more.

I'd love to replay Bioshock again as well as the two Batman games. No time...

That said, I play TONS of NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA, etc. games many times because they are short and they are mostly awesome.

[quote name='TrumpetDan']Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, and Final Fantasy VI definitely for me.[/QUOTE]

That's a good list. I've beaten CT pretty regularly since I love that game, but I really want to replay FFVI and EB. I also wanna replay Chrono Cross and Vagrant Story.

I've got a ton of RPGs I want to replay beyond those... but I'll probably never get to. Time just isn't on our side.:whistle2:/

[quote name='Vinny']I've got a ton of RPGs I want to replay beyond those... but I'll probably never get to. Time just isn't on our side.:whistle2:/[/QUOTE]
Same here, but my backlog is pretty big, and on top of that, much of it consists of RPGs...

There are times I've thought about revisiting Uncharted 2.

In general, tho, I have too many games I haven't played to revisit games I've already finished.

I don't really revisit games anymore. I tried to do RE4 but only got about a 3rd through the 2nd time. I do like to replay Spider-Man (PS1) from time to time though....love that game....although it's starting to get a little dated now. I played through Metal Gear Solid 1 a few times too. More recently I'd probably replay the Uncharted games.

I haven't played the game since I've beaten it nearly 13 years ago but ever since I saw someone live stream the game over at twitchtv I've been itchin' to play Legend of Dragoon again for the PS1. Still sad that they never followed the game with a sequel - I'm still hoping Sony comes up with a one or perhaps a reboot.

256px-Legend_of_Dragoon.jpg

I normally feel the need to revisit games when sequels come out. The last time I did that when Arkham City came out and replayed Arkham Asylum, and Mass Effect 3 made me replay 2.

But I always find myself replaying FF4 and 7, and Earthbound at least every few years.

I see Uncharted mentioned quite a few times. I need to play through it a first time. Others on my list are Grim Fandango (PC) and Incredible Crisis (PSX).

But I completely understand the full backlog issue...

I replay a lot of games. Currently I'm going through Mass Effect 2 for something like the 5th time. I'm also planning to replay BioShock 1, Uncharted 2, and Dragon Age II sometime soon. I'd also like to run through Tomb Raider and BioShock Infinite again to clean up collectibles and stuff, and since they were so awesome.

Dragon's Dogma. Beat that game at least three times and when the expansion comes out this month, I might start a new character and do it all over again.

Shenmue 1&2[Dreamcast]
Mafia[PC]
Legacy of Kain franchise[PS/PS2]
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic[PC]
Neverwinter Nights[PC]
baldur's gate[PC]
Planescape: Torment [PC]
Brave Fencer Musashi[PS]

Besides any game that you can finish in under 10 hours (which there have been many I've replayed in the years), the only one that sticks out of considerable length is
icongamecube.gif
Paper Mario: TTYD. My wife and I replay that about once a year (or two), next time will be our fourth play through.

Most RPGs I can't stand to replay again due to the time investment, but TTYD is RPG-lite enough to make it very accessible, plus the different badge combinations can make it interesting each time.

bread's done
Back