Gamestaq coming back promo (First 2,500 subscribers)

Japakneez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Gamestaq.com returns on Thanksgiving of 2010. To celebrate, they are having a promo limited to the first 2,500 email subscribers.

www.gamestaq.com

Get $40 cash, guaranteed.

Just enter your email address and post your game for sale by Dec 15th on gamestaq.com. Activate this promo today to lock in an amazing rate for your pre-played game. Then post any of the games below for sale by December 15th on gamestaq.com and we’ll guarantee the price.

xbox 360

Halo Reach $40
Dead Rising 2 $40
Fifa 11 $40
NBA 2K11 $40
Fallout: New Vegas $40
COD: Black Ops $40
AC: Brotherhood $40
NFS: Hot Pursuit $40

ps3

Dead Rising 2 $40
Fifa 11 $40
NBA 2K11 $40
Gran Turismo $40
Fallout: New Vegas $40
COD: Black Ops $40 AC: Brotherhood $40
NFS: Hot Pursuit $40

wii

Mario Galaxy 2 $35
New Mario Bros $35
Wii Party $35
Kirby’s Epic Yarn $35
NBA Jam $35
COD: Black Ops $35
Goldeneye 007 $35
Donkey Kong Returns $35

Do we have to be one of the first 2,500 to post a game for sale or just one of the first 2,500 to subscribe, and then you have until the 15th to post a game for sale?

[quote name='frpilot']subscribed, but the site is not up yet to post those games for $40.[/QUOTE]

Thats why its opening BACK up on thanksgiving...

Signed up! I sold them a bunch of games in July 2009. They were great as well. Customer support was awesome. I can't believe I stopped using them. I definitely recommend signing up. I hope they do really well now.

I just signed up, since I don't think ANYONE will be able to beat the $40 value for Dead Rising 2. Although I may change my mind before they relaunch and just keep it to slog through again for the hell of it.

Subscribed. Thanks! :)

I wonder how long the guaranteed $40 lasts... or is it to the first 2,500 games posted to be sold? It says you can lock in this promo by subscribing.. but it seems to be a bit unclear as to what that means exactly.

The offer is a bit unclear... but I'm assuming it means the first 2,500 to sell one of those titles locks in those prices. I signed up, and I'll keep checking to see when it comes online... I'd like to rid myself of Reach, and $40 is a fine price for it. Thanks for the post, OP.

There are 2 conditions to be eligible.

You have to be one of the first 2500 email subscribers. You will get a confirmation email shortly after submitting your email. All you have to do next is wait and post one of those games between thanksgiving and Dec 15th.

[quote name='mcdaking84']so how do we know if we are one of the 2500?[/QUOTE]

After I entered my e-mail address another tab opened up to tell me so.

YAY! Gamestaq is back! And I see you used my quote on your website. Very cool. I'm already thinking about taking advantage of that promo. Possibly 2k11, Halo Reach, Dead Rising, and Fifa 11.

Ya, I'm really excited to see it's return.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Do they pay you in credit for their site or something?[/QUOTE]

Last time they paid via Paypal, so I assume they'll do the same. Also, it says cash so I'm thinking paypal.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']YAY! Gamestaq is back! And I see you used my quote on your website. Very cool. I'm already thinking about taking advantage of that promo. Possibly 2k11, Halo Reach, Dead Rising, and Fifa 11.[/QUOTE]

I do believe it says ONE game is guaranteed at $40 ...

On a side note, does anyone know if we will be able to purchase immediately too? I remember the sweet part about gamestaq is that what you sell it for is what you can buy it for. Say I sell my NBA 2k11 and pick up COD Black Ops? (if available)

[quote name='kodave']Why did it go away in the first place?[/QUOTE]

I think they said something about crappy workers. I remember there were problems with the post office too. You would send your games in and it would show that they received the game, but it would take a few days (weeks for some) for them to process the game and get payment to you.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']I think they said something about crappy workers. I remember there were problems with the post office too. You would send your games in and it would show that they received the game, but it would take a few days (weeks for some) for them to process the game and get payment to you.[/QUOTE]

Hey shifty! Glad you liked you're comments on our splash page!

There were a few factors that went into us having to close the 1st site... one of them being something similar to what you said.
But at this point we're just happy to finally be moving forward.

To answer a couple of your other questions...
Yes, the site will be open for buying/selling from day one.
You'll be able to post games for sale, as well as buy games that others have put up.

Gamestaq deals in cash. Users will have a couple options to cash out, including paypal.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
Friend signed up like 2 days ago and was still one of the 2500 @@a.

I hope it's legit and easy enough, because Amazon has already lowered the price of New Vegas by 2.50. And I'm just waiting for this site :x

I really liked gamestaq as well because it was so simple to use. There was no hassle in having to "auction" games for it be sold. I was worried that people took so much advantage of it by just selling and not buying games from them. Hopefully they have no problems now.

Signed up just now and still got the notification.

Hell aren't NBA 2k11 360/PS3 on sale for $40 this week at Kmart or something? It's like getting a free 4-week rental.

Probably some similar stuff for a couple of the other games with the recent sales.

Sorry for the delay guys. Had some issues with a vendor of ours that was supposed to provide us with all the box art for the site.
Moral of the story is never rely on something that's out of your hands to come through in time.
Anyway, we're working with a new vendor now and are pushing to get everything loaded in after the holiday weekend.

I am very sorry for this delay and will keep you all posted on any updates.

Happy thanksgiving!

[quote name='Japakneez']

Get $40 cash, guaranteed.

Just enter your email address and post your game for sale by Dec 15th on gamestaq.com. Activate this promo today to lock in an amazing rate for your pre-played game. Then post any of the games below for sale by December 15th on gamestaq.com and we’ll guarantee the price.
[/QUOTE]

My guess is that it comes back Dec 16th :rofl:

Yes - we'll be up before xmas.
And yes, we'll be extending the Dec 15th date for the promo.

We may have a 3 day beta run of the new site this weekend with full launch Monday.
If we do, CAGers will be 1st in line to test things out.
Keep you posted here.

hey guys sorry for bumping this thread and I know i shouldn't be the one announcing this, but gamestaq is.. i guess launched.

im on my school's computer and went to gamestaq.com but i get a warning that the website is untrusted. i added the site's certification to the exception list and viola! it brought me to gamestaq with a changed layout and you can access your account etc.

well i guess they're not fully ready to launch it yet but i guess if you wanna take a peek?

sorry though, i know i shouldn't be announcing it.

yeah, it's not quite ready yet. I keep getting errors trying to sign in or sign up. They really need to put a password protect on it until they're ready to go.

They've done away with them purchasing the games so there's more risk to you since the buyer can claim you didn't send them what you said you would.

Prices are generally very good for sellers. Too high for the CAG mind though.

The site is slow as balls.

bread's done
Back