Gamestaq coming back promo (First 2,500 subscribers)

Japakneez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Gamestaq.com returns on Thanksgiving of 2010. To celebrate, they are having a promo limited to the first 2,500 email subscribers.

www.gamestaq.com

Get $40 cash, guaranteed.

Just enter your email address and post your game for sale by Dec 15th on gamestaq.com. Activate this promo today to lock in an amazing rate for your pre-played game. Then post any of the games below for sale by December 15th on gamestaq.com and we’ll guarantee the price.

xbox 360

Halo Reach $40
Dead Rising 2 $40
Fifa 11 $40
NBA 2K11 $40
Fallout: New Vegas $40
COD: Black Ops $40
AC: Brotherhood $40
NFS: Hot Pursuit $40

ps3

Dead Rising 2 $40
Fifa 11 $40
NBA 2K11 $40
Gran Turismo $40
Fallout: New Vegas $40
COD: Black Ops $40 AC: Brotherhood $40
NFS: Hot Pursuit $40

wii

Mario Galaxy 2 $35
New Mario Bros $35
Wii Party $35
Kirby’s Epic Yarn $35
NBA Jam $35
COD: Black Ops $35
Goldeneye 007 $35
Donkey Kong Returns $35

[quote name='mcdaking84']how come I can't login with the email I used for the special price?[/QUOTE]

I think they wiped the user tables.

You gotta resign up.

[quote name='confoosious']I think they wiped the user tables.

You gotta resign up.[/QUOTE]

so I won't get the $40 for each game? I see fifa or $37 which is still good but I thought I would get $40

Hey guys - glad you found the site live already.
We're kinda in soft launch mode. Site is fully functional but we're working out some final features and some streamlining, so we're not really promoting things out there just yet.

Feel free to post your games for sale and get in the queue early.
Most of the site is fully functional, including buying and selling, libraries, wishlists, etc

Re creating accounts
If you signed up for the promo, yes you'll need to create a new account on the final site. Please use the same email address as you used to sign up for the promo.
We posted a detailed blog post re the promo and how to redeem here: http://blog.gamestaq.com/2010/12/questions-about-our-40-pre-launch-promo-read-this/

To Supresonic - Try refreshing your page and you should see a label pop up. We're tweaking this so that it pops up automatically in the future.

If you have any questions at all, you know where to find me (right here).

Thanks guys!

the only problem with a softlaunch is that if you don't have people to buy up the games posted, we'll quick move onto (back) to ebay and (shudder) gamestop.

[quote name='confoosious']the only problem with a softlaunch is that if you don't have people to buy up the games posted, we'll quick move onto (back) to ebay and (shudder) gamestop.[/QUOTE]

My games won't be going back to gamestop until I'm dead and my bratty kids are fighting over my video game estate.:D

[quote name='confoosious']the only problem with a softlaunch is that if you don't have people to buy up the games posted, we'll quick move onto (back) to ebay and (shudder) gamestop.[/QUOTE]

We totally hear that... especially on the 1st day!!
So we built in a cool tool called "Skip the Queue", which gives you the option to directly promote your specific copy of the game to help you speed up your sale.
We posted some details about that here: http://blog.gamestaq.com/2010/12/selling-tip-436-of-25780-skip-the-queue/

Anyway, we gotta start somewhere, and we'll be ready to push things on the marketing front over the weekend.

Skip the queue is one of those ideas that sounds really good in the brainstorming sessions. But I'm not gonna do your work for you. The reason I use ebay, amazon, gamestaq, etc is cause I don't want to bother my friends. If I'm dumping my old junk on them, I better be giving them a big discount.

Of course, that's just me as I only have friends on my "social network" things. I guess a lot of people have randoms.

[quote name='confoosious']Skip the queue is one of those ideas that sounds really good in the brainstorming sessions. But I'm not gonna do your work for you. The reason I use ebay, amazon, gamestaq, etc is cause I don't want to bother my friends. If I'm dumping my old junk on them, I better be giving them a big discount.

Of course, that's just me as I only have friends on my "social network" things. I guess a lot of people have randoms.[/QUOTE]

I guess the idea for Skip the Queue came out of how selling on Gamestaq works, which is unlike other p2p sits in that the price you'll receive for your game is set. Usually in a p2p marketplace the work you need to do as a seller is monitor your listing and adjust your price accordingly... maybe lower your price a little to try and stand out from the crowd and sell your game faster.
But on Gamestaq we decided to make selling as seamless as possible, by setting the fair market price for every title on the site. So we needed to come up with a different mechanic to allow willing sellers to stand out from the crowd and sell their games faster.

[quote name='Lord Fitz Chivalry']Im 99% sure that you will indeed eat the fees.[/QUOTE]

We're working on a direct deposit option, so when you withdraw your money it gets sent directly to your bank without any fees.
Keep an eye on for this feature in the next couple weeks.

To all of you worried about paypal fees. There were paypal fees at first. This was an issue the first time around, however, if they pay you "as a gift", no fees are deducted and you get your money minus the gamestaq fee. Maybe flooty can confirm that they are going to be doing this.

[quote name='flooty333']I guess the idea for Skip the Queue came out of how selling on Gamestaq works, which is unlike other p2p sits in that the price you'll receive for your game is set. Usually in a p2p marketplace the work you need to do as a seller is monitor your listing and adjust your price accordingly... maybe lower your price a little to try and stand out from the crowd and sell your game faster.
But on Gamestaq we decided to make selling as seamless as possible, by setting the fair market price for every title on the site. So we needed to come up with a different mechanic to allow willing sellers to stand out from the crowd and sell their games faster.

[/QUOTE]

I'd rather be able to list my game as new and sealed.

[quote name='confoosious']I'd rather be able to list my game as new and sealed.[/QUOTE]

And you'd post at the same set price? But with an extra selling point that your copy is new/sealed?

[quote name='flooty333']And you'd post at the same set price? But with an extra selling point that your copy is new/sealed?[/QUOTE]

yep.

And please don't allow people to post "new but unsealed" crap. I hate those people. You unseal it, it's used.

i don't really understand, fully, the new format of the new site... when I sell my games am I paying Gamestaq for providing shipping labels? LOL Do I still ship the game to you guys and you ship it to the buyer?

and I cannot seem to find Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the site?

Flooty, if i sold madden 11 in a case without the NFL sticker on it, would it be fine? I'd rather sell it on gametaq than on amazon because you are giving an extra $6

[quote name='sirplue']i don't really understand, fully, the new format of the new site... when I sell my games am I paying Gamestaq for providing shipping labels? LOL Do I still ship the game to you guys and you ship it to the buyer?

and I cannot seem to find Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the site?[/QUOTE]

So, on the new site you'll be shipping your game directly to the buyer.
You wont be paying for shipping labels!!
Once you're game sells, we'll provide you with a prepaid pre-addressed shipping label for you to print and send your game to it's new home.

Mario Galaxy 2 is getting added asap.

[quote name='alex12353']Flooty, if i sold madden 11 in a case without the NFL sticker on it, would it be fine? I'd rather sell it on gametaq than on amazon because you are giving an extra $6[/QUOTE]

That would be totally fine.
Thanks!

[quote name='flooty333']We have 99 cent shipping for all orders through new years!
Coupons are on their way as well.[/QUOTE]

You should really expedite those coupons, the last buyer activity on the website was 2 days and someone bought Fable 3....

Sudden bust of activity in the last 2 hours! Is there any way to see the complete purchase history, not just the last 5? Also, is there a way to see the purchase history of certain games?

I sold my copy of Red Dead Redemption, but I can't seem to access my account's selling page to accept the sale... I really hope I can access it before it expires. :/ Another odd thing I noticed is that it didn't ask for a credit card when I sold my copy of Halo Reach... I have already shipped it. Is this going to make an issue? :/

[quote name='alex12353']Sudden bust of activity in the last 2 hours! Is there any way to see the complete purchase history, not just the last 5? Also, is there a way to see the purchase history of certain games?[/QUOTE]

Yes, we're creating a page to see further history and purchase history per game, but working through some more priority features at this time, so that may be a month or so out.

[quote name='SuperSonic128']I sold my copy of Red Dead Redemption, but I can't seem to access my account's selling page to accept the sale... I really hope I can access it before it expires. :/ Another odd thing I noticed is that it didn't ask for a credit card when I sold my copy of Halo Reach... I have already shipped it. Is this going to make an issue? :/[/QUOTE]

What issue are you having with your Selling page?
Your Halo Reach sale is all good.

I just sold my game and am about to package it and send it off. I printed out the shipping label and affixed on the outside. Is there anything else I need to do? I feel like I should put something inside letting them know who its from and also the return address on the label is Gamestaq's address. If something happens to the package, does it go back to Gamestaq? Or should I put my return address on the package as well?

[quote name='xaikoflip']I just sold my game and am about to package it and send it off. I printed out the shipping label and affixed on the outside. Is there anything else I need to do? I feel like I should put something inside letting them know who its from and also the return address on the label is Gamestaq's address. If something happens to the package, does it go back to Gamestaq? Or should I put my return address on the package as well?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like youre all set.
In the near future we'll provide a 2nd page with your shipping label print out for you to put inside the package, kinda like a packing slip.
Return address is Gamestaq, so if there's a problem with shipping we'll take care of it.

Whenever I try to access my sellers page, I get an error that says...
We're sorry, but something went wrong.

We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly.

[quote name='SuperSonic128']Whenever I try to access my sellers page, I get an error that says...
We're sorry, but something went wrong.

We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly.[/QUOTE]

Check your PM.

[quote name='rockstarnati']You get Mario Galaxy 2 on there and make it cheap, and I'm all in![/QUOTE]

Working on it as we speak.
This should be up by tomorrow latest.

Is there any other way I can accept the sale for my copy of RDR? I still can't access the selling page and I really wanted to get rid of it. :/ I even got a picture of the error:

Gamestaqerror.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rockstarnati']SMG2 Or Uncharted 2 GOTY. I'd probably sell Red Dead Redemption or something to get one of those 2.[/QUOTE]

SMG2 was just added to the catalog, here: https://gamestaq.com/wii/super-mario-galaxy-2
No sellers yet though.
Uncharted 2 GOTY probably wont get added, as we have the regular version and the GOTY mainly adds DLC which wont be active on a used copy.

[quote name='SuperSonic128']Is there any other way I can accept the sale for my copy of RDR? I still can't access the selling page and I really wanted to get rid of it. :/ I even got a picture of the error:

Gamestaqerror.png
[/QUOTE]

Supersonic - is all ok now?

Yea, it finally let me back on to the seller page. Interestingly enough, it still says it's generating a shipping label. It also says it's generating a shipping label for Dead Rising 2 even though I didn't know I sold it yet. o_O

[quote name='SuperSonic128']Yea, it finally let me back on to the seller page. Interestingly enough, it still says it's generating a shipping label. It also says it's generating a shipping label for Dead Rising 2 even though I didn't know I sold it yet. o_O[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ploppsdman']I accepted a sale, but all the page says is "Gamestaq is generating your shipping label." How long does that take? username Hooray10[/QUOTE]

Both of you - try refreshing your selling page to see the shipping label.

[quote name='confoosious']Has anyone else sold anything? I'm trying to decide whether to hold out for a buyer or just send it in to amazon.[/QUOTE]

I would base that decision on what it is and where you are in line. I just sent in Fifa 11 to amazon b/c I don't think it's going to sell, but I'm keeping Halo Reach b/c that's a popular enough game. Eventually someone will take it, plus I saw someone else on here say they sold a copy of it.

I'm in 1-5 but I've seen no selling activity at all. (overall, not just me.)

Also, what happens when the price drops while in your queue? Do you get notified? Are you forced to sell at the lower price?

[quote name='confoosious']I'm in 1-5 but I've seen no selling activity at all. (overall, not just me.)

Also, what happens when the price drops while in your queue? Do you get notified? Are you forced to sell at the lower price?[/QUOTE]

So - you'll never be "forced" to sell a game. You can decline any sale at anytime.

We're pushing out updates and features multiple times a week at this point, and that will accelerate even further after holidays.
Including: Coupons, streamlined notifications, Direct bank payouts, etc

We just pushed up some bug fixes for the "Skip the queue" tools, so that functions properly now and maybe give it try?
We're also getting ready for post xmas marketing push, which will continue to bring in commerce.

We're here to listen to you and take every suggestions to our cutting floor.

bread's done
Back