Gamestaq coming back promo (First 2,500 subscribers)

Japakneez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Gamestaq.com returns on Thanksgiving of 2010. To celebrate, they are having a promo limited to the first 2,500 email subscribers.

www.gamestaq.com

Get $40 cash, guaranteed.

Just enter your email address and post your game for sale by Dec 15th on gamestaq.com. Activate this promo today to lock in an amazing rate for your pre-played game. Then post any of the games below for sale by December 15th on gamestaq.com and we’ll guarantee the price.

xbox 360

Halo Reach $40
Dead Rising 2 $40
Fifa 11 $40
NBA 2K11 $40
Fallout: New Vegas $40
COD: Black Ops $40
AC: Brotherhood $40
NFS: Hot Pursuit $40

ps3

Dead Rising 2 $40
Fifa 11 $40
NBA 2K11 $40
Gran Turismo $40
Fallout: New Vegas $40
COD: Black Ops $40 AC: Brotherhood $40
NFS: Hot Pursuit $40

wii

Mario Galaxy 2 $35
New Mario Bros $35
Wii Party $35
Kirby’s Epic Yarn $35
NBA Jam $35
COD: Black Ops $35
Goldeneye 007 $35
Donkey Kong Returns $35

Thanks flooty. I just feel like you can't soft launch these things unless everyone fully understands their games are gonna sit there for a while since there are no buyers.

If you have to get rid of some games quick, right now, ebay is the way. Was hoping to sell my new-ish game but guess I'll dump it on the bay.

My selling account says I have 3 games for sale and has the total price but it only shows 2 on the page. The one missing from the page is one of the guaranteed $40 games (Black Ops) so I really hope nothing goes wrong with that..

And just to clarify; when the guaranteed $40 games drop in price all I will have to do is email you guys to get the money credited after it sells, right?

It says on the site games expire after 7 days? Does that mean since I listed my games on the 18th and they will expire on the 25th, which happens to be the end of the promo, and if I re-list them after that I am not guaranteed the $40?

The following games have received a permanent price drop on Gamestaq.com. Add $3 to the price to accounts for shipping and the gamestaq fee. The prices are the trade in values.
P.S. Thanks ejh1820 for the pointing out the $.99 shipping deal.

Xbox 360
Halo Reach - $34
Fifa 11 - $35
NBA 2k11 - $35
Fallout New Vegas - $35
Call of Duty: Black Ops - $35
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - $35
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit - $35
Modern Warfare 2 - $22.30
Battlefield Bad Company 2 - $20.22
Green Day Rock Band - $21.98

PS3
Gran Turismo 5 - $35
Dead Rising 2 - $35
Fifa 11 - $35
NBA 2k11 - $35
Fallout New Vegas - $35
Call of Duty Black Ops - $35
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - $35
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit - $35
Final Fantasy XIII - $20.93
God of War III - $25.05
Singstar Dance(SingStar Dance game, SingStar microphones and SingStar USB converter) - $29.93

Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $30
New Super Mario Bros - $30
GoldenEye 007 - $30
Donkey Kong Country Returns - $30
Wii Party - $30
Kirby's Epic Yarn - $30
NBA Jam - $30
Call of Duty Black Ops - $30

Under $20 Honorable Mentions
Xbox 360
Borderlands - $18.41
Bioshock 2 - $15.63
Bayonetta - $14.22
Mass Effect 2 - $12
Dragon Age Origins - $14.36
Darksiders - $13.31
Rock of the Dead - $11.50
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days - $14.75
Backyard Sports: Sandlot Sluggers - $9.39

PS3
Borderlands - $14.39
White Knight Chronicles International Edition - $14.95
MAG - $14.49
Bioshock 2 - $14.50
Power Gig: Rise of the SixString - $17.65
Darksiders - $10.90
Bayoneta - $12.50
Kane & Lynch 2 Dog Days - $15.90
Dragon Age Origins - $16.56

DS
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - $15.14
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - $15

Wii
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles - $15.99
Transformers: Cyberton Adventures - $17.24

PSP
NBA 2k11 - $18.74

* I'll be adding games to the lists as I see more potential deals pop up
** All games are used, but "Gamestaq guarantees you will receive the original game in fully working condition with no major scratches or damages. The game will include the original box and manual with no major damages or missing pages."

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Patrick.

Re the $40 Promo
Yes, just email us and we'll credit the balance to your account.

Re the expiration - you're all set, dont worry about the expiration in regards to the promo.

Not sure about your 3rd game in your dashboard, can you PM me the email address you used to sign up?
Or let me know here the username you used.

Thanks.

I just checked out the site again....it should be only a $3 additional for shipping/fee, since they are offering $.99 shipping promo?

Does anyone know if will extend past 1/1?? I am itching to get AC Brotherhood

I have a question for you Flooty, I seem to have sold a copy of Dead Rising 2, but I didn't get a conformation for it or anything telling me to accept or decline. It gave me a shipping label and I sent the game out earlier. That label disappeared after I shipped the game and now it says generating shipping label. The game is still currently listed under my still selling tab. My question is, will there be some sort of problem because the page never asked to to accept or decline?

[quote name='ejh1820']I just checked out the site again....it should be only a $3 additional for shipping/fee, since they are offering $.99 shipping promo?

Does anyone know if will extend past 1/1?? I am itching to get AC Brotherhood[/QUOTE]

These prices are permanent if that's what your asking. If your asking about the shipping, it will normally be $3(according to the FAQ.)

[quote name='confoosious']These are not good prices for used. What gamestaq needs to do is advertise here for sellers and advertise to soccermoms for buyers.[/QUOTE]

show me where you can currently buy black ops for 38 shipped. it is also a great price for 2k11. I agree that they may not be the absolute best prices for CAGers like ourselves. But for the vast majority of people, the prices are excellent.

[quote name='dusbbal2008']show me where you can currently buy black ops for 38 shipped. it is also a great price for 2k11. I agree that they may not be the absolute best prices for CAGers like ourselves. But for the vast majority of people, the prices are excellent.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly my point. Sell to the regular people who think this is a great deal. Buy from CAG who got it dirt cheap. Win win for everyone.

If you didn't get black ops NEW for ~40 on launch week (depending on how you account for coupons -- to me some store credit is same as cash), then you're not a good CAG.

Couple more issues:

Under my NBA 2k11, it reads
NBA 2K11

Platform: Xbox 360
Gamestaq is generating your shipping label.

However, I never received a sell notice, so never agreed to a sale, and I also don't have a shipping label again?

Issue 2. I got matched for a different game that I only wanted to be put in line for, not sell right now, however when I decline it reads :

The change you wanted was rejected.

Maybe you tried to change something you didn't have access to.

I just noticed on the main page that a copy of the 360 version of AC:Brotherhood was sold. I put one up, so I checked my account and it says it's generating a shipping label for it even though no email was sent and it wasn't accepted or denied. Same thing that happened to DR2.

[quote name='confoosious']That's exactly my point. Sell to the regular people who think this is a great deal. Buy from CAG who got it dirt cheap. Win win for everyone.

If you didn't get black ops NEW for ~40 on launch week (depending on how you account for coupons -- to me some store credit is same as cash), then you're not a good CAG.[/QUOTE]

the problem with the site imo is it needs to get a greater reach somehow. Advertising to sites like this doesn't produce many buyers. I think the site interface is great and has great growth potential. I'm just not sure through which medium would be best. Maybe if they could really push and get there name out on fb or something

If you guys would like something to compare to I'm willing to post gamestop's prices for all these games.

[quote name='B0W and Arrow']If you guys would like a something to compare to I'm willing to post gamestop's prices for all these games.[/QUOTE]

Please. You think that makes your argument? Why not just post Walmarts? Come on dude, I like Gamestaq but their prices aren't OMGZ must order now before they run out. And that's what is expected on this site.

Like I said, these are good prices, they're just not CAG :drool: prices. Which is why they need to find another market for buyers since I doubt CAGs are gonna jump over this as buyers. Maybe a game here or there....

Because I would love to SELL my games for these prices.

[quote name='rockstarnati']Wow. People are bitching about THESE prices?[/QUOTE]

Halo Reach - $37
$39 NEW @ Amazon

Fifa 11 - $38
$39 NEW @ Amazon

NBA 2k11 - $38
$49 NEW @ Amazon

Fallout New Vegas - $38
$39 NEW @ Amazon

Call of Duty: Black Ops - $38
$49 NEW @ Amazon

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - $38
$49 NEW @ Amazon

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit - $38
$39 NEW @ Amazon

Most of these games are a dollar cheaper for a used copy! I'll admit, the prices for GT5, Brotherhood and Black Ops aren't bad.. although a $10 difference between new and used isn't a huge gap. You could probably pick those up used on eBay for about the sale price Gamestaq has them listed at.

Great selection. OK prices.

That's what I mean about having to grease commerce in the beginning and just taking a loss on some games just to get the word out. Hand out $5 coupons like candy and get buyers and sellers used to using gamestaq.

[quote name='SuperSonic128']I have a question for you Flooty, I seem to have sold a copy of Dead Rising 2, but I didn't get a conformation for it or anything telling me to accept or decline. It gave me a shipping label and I sent the game out earlier. That label disappeared after I shipped the game and now it says generating shipping label. The game is still currently listed under my still selling tab. My question is, will there be some sort of problem because the page never asked to to accept or decline?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ploppsdman']Couple more issues:

Under my NBA 2k11, it reads
NBA 2K11

Platform: Xbox 360
Gamestaq is generating your shipping label.

However, I never received a sell notice, so never agreed to a sale, and I also don't have a shipping label again?

Issue 2. I got matched for a different game that I only wanted to be put in line for, not sell right now, however when I decline it reads :

The change you wanted was rejected.

Maybe you tried to change something you didn't have access to.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SuperSonic128']I just noticed on the main page that a copy of the 360 version of AC:Brotherhood was sold. I put one up, so I checked my account and it says it's generating a shipping label for it even though no email was sent and it wasn't accepted or denied. Same thing that happened to DR2.[/QUOTE]

Guys - ill PM both of you shortly to get more details on those specific sell orders.
In the meantime i have the tech guys looking at the issue as we speak.
Keep you posted.

[quote name='B0W and Arrow']Hey, I'm not saying that Gamestaq has the absolute best prices. I'm just saying it's an option and not a bad deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but last year before they closed down for their "restructuring" they had better prices on newer games. The price on the year old stuff is nice, problem is you can find that stuff for similar prices online right now for brand new.

They can do better and I hope they do as I enjoyed my experience with them last time.

Looks like I sold NBA 2k11, so that's good ... but that inital notice was false. I guess if you don't get an email saying it's sold, it's not sold.

[quote name='ploppsdman']Looks like I sold NBA 2k11, so that's good ... but that inital notice was false. I guess if you don't get an email saying it's sold, it's not sold.[/QUOTE]

I already shipped off Dead Rising 2, with the label it gave me... It better be sold o_O

[quote name='flooty333']Guys - ill PM both of you shortly to get more details on those specific sell orders.
In the meantime i have the tech guys looking at the issue as we speak.
Keep you posted.[/QUOTE]

I think I sold my Fallout New Vegas.... Printed label and shipped it already too, so I hope I did.... Never got any type of confirm sell option or anything, so I hope it goes through >.>a
Got the e-mail notice that it sold the day after I sent it, but notice on site was up two days before that and I mailed it the next day. I mailed it out, because I was afraid I'd lose the sale for shipping it slow.

Any details you could/ should send me too?

[email protected]

I listed my Halo: Reach for sale, but is it okay if it's the version from the Legendary edition? The disc is identical. The only differences are slightly different cover art (with a different UPC) and a black case instead of a green one.

[quote name='SuperSonic128']I already shipped off Dead Rising 2, with the label it gave me... It better be sold o_O[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Meehkaw']I think I sold my Fallout New Vegas.... Printed label and shipped it already too, so I hope I did.... Never got any type of confirm sell option or anything, so I hope it goes through >.>a
Got the e-mail notice that it sold the day after I sent it, but notice on site was up two days before that and I mailed it the next day. I mailed it out, because I was afraid I'd lose the sale for shipping it slow.

Any details you could/ should send me too?

[email protected][/QUOTE]

Guys - we had a bug in the system that was sometimes generating shipping labels before the buyer finished his checkout.
All's good though. Your games are on their way to us, and we'll honor your sales.
We posted a message in everyone's Selling Dashboard that you should wait to receive a purchase confirmation email before printing labels and shipping.

[quote name='NickNorman']I listed my Halo: Reach for sale, but is it okay if it's the version from the Legendary edition? The disc is identical. The only differences are slightly different cover art (with a different UPC) and a black case instead of a green one.[/QUOTE]

Yes - that would be fine.

Hey flooty,

Are you going to add Kinect games for the 360? Also where is the option to sell NBA Jam and Medal of Honor for the 360?

when do i get paid? I shipped Modern Warfare 2 out yesterday, and the tracking number is active. How long until the money is added to my account.

My label is printing like 2/3rd the size of a normal USPS label, is this how it is supposed to be? Will USPS accept them this small? These labels are only coming out at about 3x4" when normal USPS labels are around 4x6".

What would a purchase confirmation email look like? Is it the "Your game has sold!" email?

EDIT: I'd also like to know if the provided shipping label is appropriate since it's smaller than 1/4 of an 8.5 x 11 paper. Also, do I just literally just drop this off at the post office, or do I have to show it at the counter and get it scanned? I've never dealt with prepaid labels before, so any help would be appreciated.

Yeah, that's the confirmation email.

As for the packages you can just drop it off, they should have an area near the counters to drop it off at. You can also use the drop boxes if you use a padded envelope since they are First Class and less than 13oz. Make sure to put it in the right box though as they usually have different ones for local, in-state and out-of-state deliveries.

I guess I'll find out tomorrow if this smaller label is acceptable when I go to the post office.

[quote name='mac101010']What would a purchase confirmation email look like? Is it the "Your game has sold!" email?

EDIT: I'd also like to know if the provided shipping label is appropriate since it's smaller than 1/4 of an 8.5 x 11 paper. Also, do I just literally just drop this off at the post office, or do I have to show it at the counter and get it scanned? I've never dealt with prepaid labels before, so any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='P a t r i c k']My label is printing like 2/3rd the size of a normal USPS label, is this how it is supposed to be? Will USPS accept them this small? These labels are only coming out at about 3x4" when normal USPS labels are around 4x6".[/QUOTE]

Guys -
The label size you describe is correct and is fully accepted by USPS.
You can drop the package in any USPS mailbox, drop it at your post office, or even just hand it to your mail man/lady. All those methods will get your game moving to it's new home.
Thanks!

On the website it says that you get paid once the shipping track number is activated, but its been activated since friday and I still don't have any money in my account? Do I actually have to wait until it gets to the buyer instead?

I hope someone decides to buy something, these prices are great (for the seller) but that is how the old GameStaq was too. A true CAG can get 75% of these titles cheaper, so as others have said they should be trying to get CAG as sellers and soccer moms as buyers.

I think you'd be better served using a points system like goozex but also having this selling for cash options. But so far I've sold 2 games and have to decide if I want to part with a third sooo ... I've got no complaints yet, though how do you cash out?

[quote name='alex12353']On the website it says that you get paid once the shipping track number is activated, but its been activated since friday and I still don't have any money in my account? Do I actually have to wait until it gets to the buyer instead?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ploppsdman']I think you'd be better served using a points system like goozex but also having this selling for cash options. But so far I've sold 2 games and have to decide if I want to part with a third sooo ... I've got no complaints yet, though how do you cash out?[/QUOTE]

Guys,
Our automated balance and cash out system will be pushed out next week, right after New Years.
For now, we ask that you email to support and we'll arrange it that way.
Once the system is in place, you'll be able to use your balance or cash out automatically through your dashboard.

Thanks!

[quote name='converse']I hope someone decides to buy something, these prices are great (for the seller) but that is how the old GameStaq was too. A true CAG can get 75% of these titles cheaper, so as others have said they should be trying to get CAG as sellers and soccer moms as buyers.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']goozex is already done. I don't want another goozex. I want cash, not points.[/QUOTE]

Guys - we hear you loud and clear, and totally agree.
Can't thank you enough for the feedback and insight.

yeah gooz is bad. Seemed to have gone downhill ever since they had sales on points. Plus the alternative sites are much more attractive now.

[quote name='Japakneez']yeah gooz is bad. Seemed to have gone downhill ever since they had sales on points. Plus the alternative sites are much more attractive now.[/QUOTE]

What alternative sites? This one and glyde? Goozex has been great to me ... Fallout New Vegas, Castlevania, Call of Duty Black Ops, Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock, Sims 3 and Force Unleashed 2 all shipped in the last 2 weeks. Seeing as how I shipped out a bunch of games from Blockbuster, each one of those cost me around $20, but probably a little less.

bread's done
Back