Gamestaq coming back promo (First 2,500 subscribers)

Japakneez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Gamestaq.com returns on Thanksgiving of 2010. To celebrate, they are having a promo limited to the first 2,500 email subscribers.

www.gamestaq.com

Get $40 cash, guaranteed.

Just enter your email address and post your game for sale by Dec 15th on gamestaq.com. Activate this promo today to lock in an amazing rate for your pre-played game. Then post any of the games below for sale by December 15th on gamestaq.com and we’ll guarantee the price.

xbox 360

Halo Reach $40
Dead Rising 2 $40
Fifa 11 $40
NBA 2K11 $40
Fallout: New Vegas $40
COD: Black Ops $40
AC: Brotherhood $40
NFS: Hot Pursuit $40

ps3

Dead Rising 2 $40
Fifa 11 $40
NBA 2K11 $40
Gran Turismo $40
Fallout: New Vegas $40
COD: Black Ops $40 AC: Brotherhood $40
NFS: Hot Pursuit $40

wii

Mario Galaxy 2 $35
New Mario Bros $35
Wii Party $35
Kirby’s Epic Yarn $35
NBA Jam $35
COD: Black Ops $35
Goldeneye 007 $35
Donkey Kong Returns $35

[quote name='flooty333']Guys,
Our automated balance and cash out system will be pushed out next week, right after New Years.
For now, we ask that you email to support and we'll arrange it that way.
Once the system is in place, you'll be able to use your balance or cash out automatically through your dashboard.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I dont know if im understanding this right. So I email support and they will credit my account? Or do I wait until next week to get the money

[quote name='alex12353']I dont know if im understanding this right. So I email support and they will credit my account? Or do I wait until next week to get the money[/QUOTE]
i believe they will arrange a way for you to get your money.

[quote name='alex12353']I dont know if im understanding this right. So I email support and they will credit my account? Or do I wait until next week to get the money[/QUOTE]

Sorry.
Email us to support with your username, and we'll arrange your payment manually this week.
By next week the automated system should be in place, so cash outs will be easier.

Hey flooty333 thanks again for being very active in this thread. Just a couple more questions:

1) I read the FAQ again and it mentioned two verification methods: credit card or PayPal. I don't recall ever doing either one. Does verification take place once the tracking number says the game was delivered?

2) Is there an ETA on the bank direct deposit option?

[quote name='mac101010']Hey flooty333 thanks again for being very active in this thread. Just a couple more questions:

1) I read the FAQ again and it mentioned two verification methods: credit card or PayPal. I don't recall ever doing either one. Does verification take place once the tracking number says the game was delivered?

2) Is there an ETA on the bank direct deposit option?[/QUOTE]

My pleasure to be here. Thank YOU for being active in this thread!

1) For now we're doing Paypal verification, and we'll verify before payment.
The CC verification is coming with the direct bank deposit roll out 1st thing after New Years.

2) There will be a full Financials section to the dashboard rolled out shortly after New years. This will include automatic payout requests, etc.
Direct Deposits will be rolled out right after Financials. ETA mid-Jan.

[quote name='flooty333']My pleasure to be here. Thank YOU for being active in this thread!

1) For now we're doing Paypal verification, and we'll verify before payment.
The CC verification is coming with the direct bank deposit roll out 1st thing after New Years.

2) There will be a full Financials section to the dashboard rolled out shortly after New years. This will include automatic payout requests, etc.
Direct Deposits will be rolled out right after Financials. ETA mid-Jan.[/QUOTE]

I got an email yesterday about them sending the payment directly through paypal. It still hasn't gotten to me yet, so I'm thinking they might have sent it to the wrong email. Is there a way to just get it in credit, so I can put it in paypal myself? Also, the game still shows as requiring your action in my selling page. Will it stay like that until I get payed, or is that a glitch? There was nothing telling me to do paypal verification, either.

EDIT: I just got payed. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anything actually selling? I am sure a few people will say, "I sold something" but I've had a ton of stuff listed for a couple of weeks all high in the queue and no progress. I'll probably just end up leaving them there and forget about this site completely if this thread doesn't get bumped.

flooty, I keep clicking on the shipping label to print it out, but nothing happens. :(

EDIT: used Chrome and all is well :D

Am I not doing this right? Can we only put up certain games? I have attempted to find several games to put up for sale but nothing shows up.

Flooty,

I just sold a game but im out on vacation and can't ship it till later in the week. The site wants me to ship within 24hrs. Where do i go in the que if I decline this sale?

^^^ They just want you to accept the sale within 24 hours. If you don't it will automatically be given to the next seller in the queue. So if you can't ship it just disregard the email.

Guys,
Sorry i haven't been in touch the last couple days.

To answer up some of the questions above.
- Yes, it's def better to come to your profile and Decline the game so the order can move along the queue to the next seller.

- For now if you Decline a sale it takes you out of the queue. We had a lot of internal discussion about this, but if you guys have any better suggestions we're here to listen and discuss together.

- Would you guys like to see the exact position in the queue? I can bring it up to our crew here.

Happy New Years to everyone.

-It should take you out of the queue (or put you at the end of the line if you decline or time out). Commerce must move quickly. And people need to put things in the mail right away too or get banned from selling. Nothing worse than someone accepting a trade and taking days or weeks to ship it. (ahem Goozex)

-Would like to know exact position.

[quote name='flooty333']

- For now if you Decline a sale it takes you out of the queue. We had a lot of internal discussion about this, but if you guys have any better suggestions we're here to listen and discuss together.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for confirming. I was worried about Declining taking me totally out. I don't want to lose my position so Declining is certainly not desired.

On Gooz I can decline but not lose my position. The very next person will get the trade, and then i would get the trade after that. If you guys can offer this feature then that would be most optimal. Thanks again!

Oh, we only have 24hrs to accept or decline. What happens to the listing and our position in the que if we don't get back to the site within those 24hrs? Just want confirmation so we know for sure what happens ;)

Yes it would be better to see the exact queue position. I noticed that when you first put it for sell it tells you in the email, but it doesn't tell you if you have moved up or not.

Maybe I'm just retarded but I don't have an option to confirm sell still :x I have a tracking number, and I've already sent it since 12/21/10. But there's no progression since. What's going on...

[quote name='Meehkaw']Maybe I'm just retarded but I don't have an option to confirm sell still :x I have a tracking number, and I've already sent it since 12/21/10. But there's no progression since. What's going on...[/QUOTE]
What kind of tracking # is it though? If it's from the US Postal Service(aka Delivery Confirmation) and the game was sent first class mail, then you'll likely see activity on it only at the very end of the delivery process.

A couple of years ago they would update at every stop along the way, but it's not like that anymore.:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What kind of tracking # is it though? If it's from the US Postal Service(aka Delivery Confirmation) and the game was sent first class mail, then you'll likely see activity on it only at the very end of the delivery process.

A couple of years ago they would update at every stop along the way, but it's not like that anymore.:cry:[/QUOTE]

For 99% of the packages, they update it multiple steps along the way. Very rarely do i send a package that only gets updated towards the destination and they are mostly media mail. And ironically Priority Mail because it's processed so quickly.

It's USPS, and while I know that they don't update it till later, I sent it on the 21st of December, so it kinda is later :x It'll barely be two weeks tomorrow, and with Christmas and NY I can understand delay.

My main gripe is that there hasn't been any way to confirm/accept sale. So how would they even know that I sent it and to not have the next person in queue send it too...

On a side note, Gamestaq saw my complaint here and contacted me through e-mail, I find that very commendable for customer service.

[quote name='confoosious']For 99% of the packages, they update it multiple steps along the way. Very rarely do i send a package that only gets updated towards the destination and they are mostly media mail. And ironically Priority Mail because it's processed so quickly.[/QUOTE]
That's funny. I guess there must be some really lazy postal employees in the northeastern corner of the country then, since it's a rarity for anything but Priority Mail packages to keep updating while en route.

First class mail you might as well toss into the Bermuda Triangle with how it just disappears and finally re-appears once it gets close to the destination.

flooty333, is there any reason why some versions of multiplatform games don't exist? One example is Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City for the 360. I'd appreciate it if you can put in a word for that to be added. :)

[quote name='confoosious']For 99% of the packages, they update it multiple steps along the way. Very rarely do i send a package that only gets updated towards the destination and they are mostly media mail. And ironically Priority Mail because it's processed so quickly.[/QUOTE]

So far we are seeing exactly as you describe.
Tracking info gets updated multiple times between shipment and delivery.

Meehkaw - i'll email you separately about your issue.

[quote name='Japakneez']Thanks for confirming. I was worried about Declining taking me totally out. I don't want to lose my position so Declining is certainly not desired.

On Gooz I can decline but not lose my position. The very next person will get the trade, and then i would get the trade after that. If you guys can offer this feature then that would be most optimal. Thanks again![/QUOTE]

We reviewed this internally a lot, and the problem with allowing sellers to decline and keep their place in the queue is that anyone would just be able to add themselves into every queue on day one, and then just keep declining until he decides to he wants to ship his game, which wouldnt be fair to the other sellers or the system as a whole.
Plus, it kinda messes how many sellers are actual sellers, and not just place holders.

[quote name='mac101010']flooty333, is there any reason why some versions of multiplatform games don't exist? One example is Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City for the 360. I'd appreciate it if you can put in a word for that to be added. :)[/QUOTE]

Yes sire. Will get on it!

I just checked the tracking on the copy of NFS: Hot Pursuit I sent out and the status for it says missent

"Your item was misrouted. The error has been corrected and every effort is being made to deliver it as soon as possible. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later. "

Is this going to cause an issue?

Ok, now I'm really getting worried... status changed.

Undeliverable as Addressed, January 07, 2011, 2:02 pm, NEW YORK, NY 10019
bullet_circle.gif
Undeliverable as Addressed, January 07, 2011, 11:13 am, NEW YORK, NY 10019
bullet_circle.gif
Notice Left, January 06, 2011, 8:06 pm, NEW YORK, NY 10019

[quote name='Japakneez']Thanks for confirming. I was worried about Declining taking me totally out. I don't want to lose my position so Declining is certainly not desired.

On Gooz I can decline but not lose my position. The very next person will get the trade, and then i would get the trade after that. If you guys can offer this feature then that would be most optimal. Thanks again![/QUOTE]

That's a stupid feature of Goozex's IMO. If you're not ready to trade a game, then don't put it up. All you're doing is screwing over the people that have had the game available the entire time because you kept declining.

Keep it the way it is Gamestaq.

[quote name='SuperSonic128']Ok, now I'm really getting worried... status changed.

Undeliverable as Addressed, January 07, 2011, 2:02 pm, NEW YORK, NY 10019
bullet_circle.gif
Undeliverable as Addressed, January 07, 2011, 11:13 am, NEW YORK, NY 10019
bullet_circle.gif
Notice Left, January 06, 2011, 8:06 pm, NEW YORK, NY 10019[/QUOTE]

Sleep well. The package will be returned to Gamestaq's offices. There's no way they'll not pay you for it since you upheld your end. That'd be terrible PR.

[quote name='DarkRider23']That's a stupid feature of Goozex's IMO. If you're not ready to trade a game, then don't put it up. All you're doing is screwing over the people that have had the game available the entire time because you kept declining.

Keep it the way it is Gamestaq.[/QUOTE]

Its a good feature for goozex. There are scammers on the site and I actually had to use it once to make sure i didn't trade with one. It also does not screw over other people since the trade immediately goes to the next person in line...i also think you have to wait a week before your game is back in line.

What do I do once my game has sold?

1. Confirm that you accepting the purchase.
  2. Gamestaq will generate a prepaid shipping label for you to print.
  3. Pack & ship your game
You will only receive payment once you’ve shipped. Please ship within 24 hours. If game is not shipped within 48 hours of payment, this transaction may be canceled and you will lose your sale.
Flooty, I shipped my game on the 2nd but still do not have payment. The game was delivered on the 6th. Is this normal or is your FAQ inaccurate?

I like the transparency of goozex myself. I want to turn down a sale if the guy has crappy feedback. What will gamestaq do if someone sends out a blank dvd case? Are they then banned from selling? What if the buyer is the scammer?

[quote name='philliesfan']I like the transparency of goozex myself. I want to turn down a sale if the guy has crappy feedback. What will gamestaq do if someone sends out a blank dvd case? Are they then banned from selling? What if the buyer is the scammer?

Gamestaq peeps- you should have a forum of your own so I can post this there:

Brand new sealed copy!!
[/QUOTE]

You know what. This is a good idea although you need to remove your link since we don't support that in this forum area. Anyway, we should think about opening a Gamestaq dedicated thread in our Buy/Sell/Trade forum. CAG members can post their own "skip the que' links in there so we can support each other. But I am hesitant to support this now because the payment system still seems to be broke. I made a sale and still have not received any payment into my account even though the game was delivered last week. This needs to be fixed and automated first. The seller should not have to rely on sending gamestaq an email on this problem.

If possible, can you add Dragon Age Ultimate for the 360 and PS3? They only have the standard edition and Awakening.

Thanks!

[quote name='Japakneez']You know what. This is a good idea although you need to remove your link since we don't support that in this forum area. Anyway, we should think about opening a Gamestaq dedicated thread in our Buy/Sell/Trade forum. CAG members can post their own "skip the que' links in there so we can support each other. But I am hesitant to support this now because the payment system still seems to be broke. I made a sale and still have not received any payment into my account even though the game was delivered last week. This needs to be fixed and automated first. The seller should not have to rely on sending gamestaq an email on this problem.[/QUOTE]

great idea. I volunteer you to start one. :)

[quote name='mac101010']flooty333, if I use the Paypal cash out, will the money be sent as a gift?[/QUOTE]

When they manually sent me my Paypal I wasn't charged any fees.

[quote name='Japakneez']You know what. This is a good idea although you need to remove your link since we don't support that in this forum area. Anyway, we should think about opening a Gamestaq dedicated thread in our Buy/Sell/Trade forum. CAG members can post their own "skip the que' links in there so we can support each other. But I am hesitant to support this now because the payment system still seems to be broke. I made a sale and still have not received any payment into my account even though the game was delivered last week. This needs to be fixed and automated first. The seller should not have to rely on sending gamestaq an email on this problem.[/QUOTE]

Hey guys,
An update from the galley...
We pushed up 2 new features this week. One is final, the other is up but we're still making some tweaks:
1) Now you can buy games with your Gamestaq Balance on the site without the need to cash out.
Just choose the game you want to buy, and your balance will automatically get deducted from the purchase price on the checkout screen.

2) Paypal cash-out: This one we're still touching up, but it is up on the site and it does work.
Head to the Financials tab in your dashboard and you'll see a big, red Cash Out button on the right side. Click, enter your paypal account, the amount you want to cash out, and you're done.
The tweak we're still making to this feature is the Transaction History table you see in the same Financials section. You'll see an updated table pushed up by the weekend.
We didnt announce this feature update yet, but wanted to give you guys the heads up first.

Currently all Paypal cash outs are being processed without fees.
This may change in the future, once we roll out the direct bank deposits option.

Re game deliveries
Our system is now properly linked with USPS tracking, so once a game is confirmed delivered the seller's payment will get deposited to their GS Balance.
It is all automated now.

Re dedicated thread in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum.
Sounds interesting.

Thanks!

[quote name='ploppsdman']Uh, Rock Band 3 dropped to $19 for the 360 version? Yeah, not selling it ... I'm not walmart.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up.
Price is now corrected.

Just out of curiosity, how does Gamestaq guarantee you will receive the original game in fully working condition with no major scratches or damages when they don't see the game that the seller is selling?

(Alan Wake isn't in your list of games)

Given up?? No freakin way! Working our asses off over here! You're all welcome to meet up with us in NYC if you'd like. Maybe grab some coffee or a beer (maybe on us?).

We have a huge database update coming this week. Adding a little over 400 titles to the site. (dead space 2 included)
And going fwd we'll have hot new releases posted up within a day or two of release.

Re guarantee.
If there is any problem with the game you receive we guarantee to resolve it ( refund, replacement, etc).

I've run into some issues while searching for games. For example, I'm searching for 360 games, Mature only, with Release Date set to All. I'm getting return results of PS3 games along with some DS games (including some Harry Potter stuff).

Yo queries are dun broke! Hope it gets resolved soon

When are we gonna get our coupons? This site is a good idea, but theres way too much sellers and not enough buyers. I've had some games for sale since the launch and I've only sold one game. By the time one of my games finally sells it will probably be for about $10-$15 less than what it was when I put it up for sale.

[quote name='letsgetacid']I've run into some issues while searching for games. For example, I'm searching for 360 games, Mature only, with Release Date set to All. I'm getting return results of PS3 games along with some DS games (including some Harry Potter stuff).

Yo queries are dun broke! Hope it gets resolved soon[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on this bug.
Working on a fix asap!

[quote name='alex12353']When are we gonna get our coupons? This site is a good idea, but theres way too much sellers and not enough buyers. I've had some games for sale since the launch and I've only sold one game. By the time one of my games finally sells it will probably be for about $10-$15 less than what it was when I put it up for sale.[/QUOTE]

We just pushed up native credit card payments, and a sleeker checkout process is on it's way in the next few days... both are designed to increase buyer conversion.
New promos are being launched now.
And coupons (yay!) are coming this month.

Our main focus in the next few weeks in bringing in buyers, and we have some strategies laid out to get it done... from ppc, to shopping comparison engines, to coupon codes and PR stunts.

And of course, our door is always open to any and all of your ideas.

Thanks!

bread's done
Back