GameStaq Sale

apparently they charge a "gamestaq fee" for their services...no thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
First time purchase -- picked up a copy of The Saboteur for 360 - came to $8.47 after free shipping coupon. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

[quote name='diishen']apparently they charge a "gamestq fee" for their services...no thanks![/QUOTE]

it's like 50 cents for the cheap games, not that big of a deal

A few good deals in there, actually.
I picked up a few cheap ones, will report on quality of discs. 50 cent fee per item isn't bad.

[quote name='Kingavarice']A few good deals in there, actually.
I picked up a few cheap ones, will report on quality of discs. 50 cent fee per item isn't bad.[/QUOTE]

50 cent only huh? well guess ill also check some stuff

[quote name='VaultDweller']50 cent only huh? well guess ill also check some stuff[/QUOTE]

Hi guys
I'm one of the founders at Gamestaq.
If you have any questions I'll be glad to try and answer em.

FYI. We're a marketplace for buying and selling directly with other gamers. We don't mark up the game prices, instead we take a small transaction fee which gets split between buyer and seller. The fee fluctuates based on the price of the game.

bioshock 2 is $10.15 but wtf is this gamerfee $1.50. that kills it, not to mention the game is not even new. it feels like they r just trying to get more money. charge the gamerfeed for those that r selling their games no the ones buying.

[quote name='food4me3389']does singstar dance for ps3 come with microphones? if it does you got yourself a customer![/QUOTE]

Hey - all items are games only at this point.
We'll be adding peripherals and accessories in the future.
Thanks!

I don't do used if I can help it, but this doesn't look bad at all. I'm pretty cheap but can't really see myself sweating over an extra 50 cents to $1.50

The site looks pretty legit. Good prices for buyers, good prices for sellers. And the best part is that you get CASH, not credit.

Wish I saw this thread yesterday and I probably would've made some buys with free shipping. I probably also would've made some listings instead of trading to Amazon. *sigh*

I've ordered form them before they revamped their website. They're great. Great deal on games compared to what other places are selling for (most of the time).

The site is legit, guys. My friend ordered from them and he said there were not problems at all. The problem I have is that the prices on their site is almost the same as retail stores' prices. So why pay the same price for a used when a new copy is the same price?

[quote name='souNdwAve89']The site is legit, guys. My friend ordered from them and he said there were not problems at all. The problem I have is that the prices on their site is almost the same as retail stores' prices. So why pay the same price for a used when a new copy is the same price?[/QUOTE]

yea many of the prices aren't anything great, but there are those few games that are actually a deal, like the first gears at $4

Update:

I received my copy of The Saboteur today. The disc/manual are in great condition but the case and cover are damaged; there is a nice hole in the back of the case that goes through the cover insert. I may be contact for a refund/return since I can buy a new copy for the cost of this plus the replacement cover/case.

The new Gamestaq is horrible. Back in the day they were a great reliable way to sell your games, quick transactions and killer prices. Apparently, they couldn't sustain that business model. I kept them bookmarked and religiously checked to see when they'd be back with their redesigned site. Unfortunately that site redesign also brought a business redesign. Now they're a cash version of goozex with very very low traffic. I recently put up 7 games within 1-2 months of their release, it said I was at the top of the queue and I didn't receive any bites until 6 weeks after and 4 weeks after selling them another way.

Perhaps if they can advertise well enough it could be a decent alternative but right now all I do is miss the old Gamestaq.

Barring the recent Amazon outage, I don't think they're too bad. They're usually the highest paying among glyde and trade in programs from amazon, target and toys'r'us. Seems to be a bit lower than ebay prices, but there's all kinds of hazards being priced in there. Pretty much everything I've listed has moved, and everything that has moved completed successfully. But what I've listed is also a bit older than usual; usually I'm listing on games currently "sold out" on gamestaq.

I rather prefer it being a cash version of goozex. It makes price comparisons vastly easier. They still monkey with prices, but you have the option to pass on it, which I've done when another site had a better price later on.

Trust me, we also miss the original gamestaq beta from last year. It was a dream.
But that model was never intended to continue past the beta stage, it simply wasnt a business at all.
We always intended gamestaq to be a direct peer to peer site, and we're working on bringing traffic up with ads, coupons, contests, etc.
We love the feedback and are here to listen and make adjustments that make sense.

[quote name='ijustw1n']The new Gamestaq is horrible. Back in the day they were a great reliable way to sell your games, quick transactions and killer prices. Apparently, they couldn't sustain that business model. I kept them bookmarked and religiously checked to see when they'd be back with their redesigned site. Unfortunately that site redesign also brought a business redesign. Now they're a cash version of goozex with very very low traffic. I recently put up 7 games within 1-2 months of their release, it said I was at the top of the queue and I didn't receive any bites until 6 weeks after and 4 weeks after selling them another way.

Perhaps if they can advertise well enough it could be a decent alternative but right now all I do is miss the old Gamestaq.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ijustw1n']The new Gamestaq is horrible. Back in the day they were a great reliable way to sell your games, quick transactions and killer prices. Apparently, they couldn't sustain that business model.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I sold lots of games to Gamestaq back then. I am having the same problem as you. I put a game up for sale, it doesn't sell for a week or two and then I end up selling it on EBAY or trading it to Best Buy before the value drops.

But, let's be honest here, the old Gamestaq way could never be profitable. If that was still going on, they would probably be sitting on hundreds of games and wouldn't be able to sell them until they dropped the price which would mean a loss on every transaction. That is why they shut down in the first place (among other reasons)

I haven't tried gamestaq since they redesigned the website. Back then it was pretty amazing and I got BlazBlue from them for a really good price in really good condition. The fee was by no means bad back then either. They were also responsive to e-mails.

I don't know about now. They haven't had any of the game I have really wanted recently. I would say give it a try.

bread's done
Back