Gamestaq Year End Sale

I just received an email from Gamestaq about their Year End Sale. Looks like the site is back up, but is only allowing you to purchase games from them. Here are all the deals...

**All games are used

Update: The site will be stopping transactions shortly after the first week on January.
Add $2.50 for shipping and the Gamestaq Fee. (Thank you Skoad for reminding me)
Gamestaq Fee
$50.00 and up: $3.00
$30.00 - $49.99: $2.00
$15.00 - $29.99: $1.00
Up to $14.99: No fee

:360: Xbox 360
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 - $40
Guitar Hero: Metallica - $18
Resident Evil 5 - $18
Fallout 3 - $16
Red Faction: Guerrilla - $17
Prince of Persia - $14
Sacred 2- $20
Grid - $15
Operation Flashpoint 2 - $30
Chronicles of Riddick - $13
Fable 2 - $17
Section 8 - $22
Wolfenstein - $30
GTA IV - $15
Dead Space - $15
Left 4 Dead - $15
Halo Wars - $15
Halo 3 - $14
Halo 3: ODST - $30
Prototype - $29
UFC 09 - $28
DiRT 2 - $32
Bionic Commando - $17
Street Fighter IV - $13
Call of Duty: World at War - $18
Far Cry 2 - $13
Saw - $27
Gears of War 2 - $15
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - $25
Skate 2 - $20
Fight Night Round 4 - $15
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - $15
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - $20
X-Men Wolverine - $25
Batman Arkham Asylum - $30
Overlord II - $23
Modern Warfare 2 - $40
Tekken 6 - $32
The Beatles: Rock Band - $30
Need For Speed Shift - $26
Tiger Woods 10 - $25
NCAA Football 10 - $25
The Bigs 2 - $13
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger - $28
NHL 10 - $30
NBA Live 10 - $35
NBA 2K10 - $30
WET - $30
Brutal Legend - $30
FIFA 10 - $38
WWE vs RAW 10 - $30

:ps3: PS3
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - $41
Uncharted 2 - $35
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time - $35
Resistance 2 - $25
UFC 2009 - $24
Fallout 3 - $16
Operation Flashpoint 2 - $26
Metal Gear Solid 4 - $16
Resident Evil 5 - $20
Killzone 2 - $26
Infamous - $29
Chronicles of Riddick - $13
MK vs DC Universe - $18
Dirt 2 - $34
Prototype - $29
Valkyria Chronicles - $20
The Godfather II - $14
Wolfenstein - $30
Ghostbusters - $19
Call of Duty: World at War - $18
Far Cry 2 - $13
Saw - $27
Red Faction Guerrilla - $17
Fight Night Round 4 - $26
Sacred 2 - $20
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen - $20
X-Men Wolverine - $25
Madden 10 - $29
Batman Arkham Asylum - $30
Overlord II - $23
The Beatles: Rock Band - $30
MLB 09: The Show - $15
Need for Speed: Shift - $26
Tiger 10 - $25
NCAA Football 10 - $25
The Bigs 2 - $13
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger - $25
NBA Live 10 - $30
NBA 2K10 - $30
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - $32
WET - $30
Brutal Legend - $30
FIFA 10 - $38
WWE vs RAW 10 - $30

:wii:Wii
My Sims Agent - $26
TMNT - $24
Little Kings Story - $18
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - $22
Mark Kart(No Wheel) - $25
Mario Party 8 - $25
Ghostbusters - $20
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 - $23
The Conduit - $16
Pokemon Battle Revolution - $20
Animal Crossing - $17
Punch Out - $26
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - $19
X-Men Wolverine - $20
Overlord: Dark Legend - $18
The House of the Dead: Overkill - $15
Grand Slam Tennis - $23
MLB 2K9 - $16
Dead Space: Extraction - $20
Ice Age 3 - $16
Tiger 10 - $17
The Bigs 2 - $13
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - $20
Metroid Prime Trilogy - $22

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone that has ordered from Gamestaq before answer a question for me? My order has been "processing" for almost 24 hours now. Is this normal for them?

[quote name='cancermatt']I'm guessing Left 4 Dead and Gears of War 2 are NOT the Game of the Year Edition. If they were GOTY I'd be all about it. Any thoughts, yea or nay?[/QUOTE]

L4D GOTY is the same as the original, it just has the DLC (which is free anyways) on a disc I believe...something like that....all you need to know is GOTY doesn't matter for L4D

Just in case anyone cares, I got an email confirming shipping for Blazblue 360 earlier (morning of 12/31) which I ordered on the 30th.

I was not stuck in pending, and they even provided a tracking number which is active as of now.

The point is, anyone scared of being stuck in pending status, I wasn't for more than a day.

Fallout 3 has a ton of value at that price, very much worth it even after fees/shipping.

Fight Night Round 4 and Modern Warfare 2 are also good deals in he list. I think Gears 2 is worth $15 as well. You shouldn't get hit with any fees on that one either.

BTW, I haven't ordered from them before, but from what I hear they sound legit and like a solid company. Some say better games then from Gamefly.

Funny to see the same names coming up continually about how great this site is, and they are just about the only people that talk so highly of the site. I smell a rat, and I think there are a couple of them that are GameStaq employees schilling on this site.

My experiences with this "company" were very shady and unprofessional -- I am not surprised to see troubles with the site but I hope the best for people, especially if they gave their credit card numbers.

converse: I didn't really notice too much shadiness about the site in this thread? Care to explain about bad experience with the company? I thought about ordering from them before, but nothing really caught my eye until now.

I found out about this site through CAG (sadly) just a few days ago. I was very happy to finally grab Beatles Rock Band for PS3 for only $30. My order was "processing" for a day or two, and now it's been shipped out with a USPS tracking number attached. I know it's always comforting to hear varied responses to a setup like Gamestaq's, so if this topic is still active when I receive my game, I'll mention the remainder of my experience here... but I was confident enough in the system to make my own order.

As far as fast turnaround time, this is an eBay-like service, where you're waiting on an individual seller to deliver your game to you... so the difference in wait times makes sense to me.

[quote name='converse']Funny to see the same names coming up continually about how great this site is, and they are just about the only people that talk so highly of the site. I smell a rat, and I think there are a couple of them that are GameStaq employees schilling on this site.

My experiences with this "company" were very shady and unprofessional -- I am not surprised to see troubles with the site but I hope the best for people, especially if they gave their credit card numbers.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm not affiliated with them at all and I've posted good things about them (search for the other thread about inFamous and Gamestaq, if you want to know), so what's that make me, some sort of corporate spy infiltrating CAG for 4 years....:roll: (before Gamestaq was even created)

I ordered inFamous, I waited 2 weeks, I received inFamous in good shape and at a good price, end of discussion.

So what's so shady about that.

Think of it like this they are the middle men, you order, like Amazon's marketplace and Half.com they email the seller, the seller sends the item out (how fast, well depends on how lazy or quick they are, they're gamers, so it's a crap shoot, Gamestaq shoots you an email saying your package is coming) you wait for item to arrive. Pretty simple, not sure why everyone blows a fuse over something like that.

As I said in the other topic wait 3 weeks if you still don't have anything then start to email, post, whatever you have to do to either get your money back or get an answer whichever you prefer.

So there is my jaded, shill answer for you and others, and I wasn't paid a penny for speaking up for them, happy now? ;)

I have never bought from gamestaq but I have sold over 20 games to them. Every transaction has been perfect. Only thing I have had a problem with is how long the games take to get there and processed but it didn't really matter to me cause they already paid me.

I can only imagine that a small start-up like this is probably being swamped by this year-end sale they are having, especially during the holiday season. I personally am a little impatient and when I saw that my order was processing for a day, it made me anxious, and that's why I came here to ask of others experiences.

I actually emailed them as well and received a response stating that my order is all set and will ship this weekend. The order still says it is processing on their site, but for now I will take their word for it and wait. So far the experience has went well and if I get the game at their price, it will be even better.

I got an email today at 10:20 AM for my order of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 which I placed at 9:04 PM 12/30. Everything looks good so far.

I sold about 20 copies of different games to them and all transactions were excellents. And their Customer service are good too.

I'm not affliated with them by the way. You can check my posts on the other threads; infamous gamestaq.

Hi guys,
just wanted to clarify that this year end sales is for games we have in stock and ready to ship from our place, not from other sellers.
As you can see on the site, all the sell buttons have been shut off for the time being while we deplete our stock.

All the orders placed on the 30th will be shipped out by the end of the weekend, if they werent shipped already.
All orders from the 31st and on will be processed on Monday.

If you have any questions, i'll be around to answer.
Thanks again!

[quote name='flooty333']Hi guys,
just wanted to clarify that this year end sales is for games we have in stock and ready to ship from our place, not from other sellers.
As you can see on the site, all the sell buttons have been shut off for the time being while we deplete our stock.

All the orders placed on the 30th will be shipped out by the end of the weekend, if they werent shipped already.
All orders from the 31st and on will be processed on Monday.

If you have any questions, i'll be around to answer.
Thanks again![/QUOTE]

I already have my order on its way, and I think this is a fantastic idea for a service, but just out of curiosity - where did your current stock come from? I was under the impression that your site acted just as a host, of sorts, and that you never even saw the merchandise.

[quote name='converse']Funny to see the same names coming up continually about how great this site is, and they are just about the only people that talk so highly of the site. I smell a rat, and I think there are a couple of them that are GameStaq employees schilling on this site.

My experiences with this "company" were very shady and unprofessional -- I am not surprised to see troubles with the site but I hope the best for people, especially if they gave their credit card numbers.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I've said a word about this company. I do know, though, there was a large thread about them awhile back, and the vast majority of posts I saw were extremely positive.

And I think it's completely uncalled for you to suggest there are shady aspects about this site unless you have an actual story to tell about their supposed shady practices. Suggesting they will do something with people's credit card numbers would actually mean something if you told us why you think there will be a problem.

[quote name='MarkMushakian']I already have my order on its way, and I think this is a fantastic idea for a service, but just out of curiosity - where did your current stock come from? I was under the impression that your site acted just as a host, of sorts, and that you never even saw the merchandise.[/QUOTE]

Currently, Gamestaq has been buying any game people had to sell. It's a great incentive for early adopters to the website, i'm guessing.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I don't think I've said a word about this company. I do know, though, there was a large thread about them awhile back, and the vast majority of posts I saw were extremely positive.

And I think it's completely uncalled for you to suggest there are shady aspects about this site unless you have an actual story to tell about their supposed shady practices. Suggesting they will do something with people's credit card numbers would actually mean something if you told us why you think there will be a problem.[/QUOTE]

Wait I sold and bought stuff from them.
I don't remember giving them my credit card number.
wasn't it just my Papal ID that was required?

[quote name='MarkMushakian']I already have my order on its way, and I think this is a fantastic idea for a service, but just out of curiosity - where did your current stock come from? I was under the impression that your site acted just as a host, of sorts, and that you never even saw the merchandise.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Interfeci']Currently, Gamestaq has been buying any game people had to sell. It's a great incentive for early adopters to the website, i'm guessing.[/QUOTE]

Yes. During beta we were running all transactions through us to get things off the ground smoothly and to get enough people buying and selling so that the site wouldnt die in the 1st month.
Once the we get to the full launch in a few months we'll be handing the transactions over to you guys.

Just got Blazblue 360 in the mail today. Everything is mint, disc runs fine. Shipped here in about 4 days.

Will order from again.

Ordered 3 games from them for the first time, and got those games in good condition. I'm leery of buying from new sites myself; nice to know there's another source for me to look into!

Might consider bitting online.

We've got a store in town and the few times I've been there, the employess and extremely lazy, and almost know nothing about gaming....

Their in store stock is terrible

After considering it for a couple of days I ended up ordering Fallout 3 today. Under $20 shipped, which seems to be a good deal for this one. This is my second order from Gamestaq, I'll post here on how it goes.

I really wish I was in better financial shape right now, so I could jump on more of these deals. I just received my Beatles Rock Band in fantastic condition, everything included. I look forward to finding a job and being able to take part again when the site relaunches.

I received my game on Monday. It was in near flawless condition with box and manual included. Played the game for several hours so far and everything works great.

2 thumbs up!!

My nephew got his copy of MK vs DC yesterday and was pleased with it. Thanks Again Flooty, I'll be eagerly awaiting when Gamestaq goes live again with all of the good deals. Plus I want to jump on the Super Smash Bros deal when you guys get going again.

2 for 2, keep it up. Cheers. :)

I got my copy of Halo 3 ODST for 34.50 with shipping, and the game is in great shape, along with the case.

I ordered it on Thursday, had my rental until Tuesday, was shipped out on Monday, and took 5 days to arrive. So definitely not 2-3 days for shipping when it got shipped out on Monday and arrived on Saturday.

bread's done
Back