GameStation Brings back reward cards

Viper139

CAGiversary!
Gamestation seems to have looked at all of the other reward card systems and seems to have improved upon them.

The gamestation reward card is aimed toward gamers and seems to allow you to earn money faster than GAME. You earn XP through not just buying games but trading them in as well. Along with the best idea ever - Achievements

Here’s the details from the Gamestation website.
BUYING NEW & PRE-OWNED
You will receive 2.5% of every purchase* back onto your Gamestation Elite card in the form of Experience Points (XP). So let's break that down; if a game costs you £39.99 then you will receive 400 XP which can then be spent against your next purchase or saved for something uber cool.

TRADE-IN
The fun doesn't stop there though... Firstly, do you trade-in you old games for money off new ones? If not, why? And secondly, with the Gamestation Elite Card you'll receive an extra 2.5% of your trade-in value back onto your card as well! Example: Let's say that you trade-in a game worth £25, you'll then receive an additional 250 XP onto your card for the next time you shop. That means you get more money back for simply being a member of the Gamestation Elite - Now that is cool!
Now if you add both of the examples above together, you are going earn some serious XP.

HOW MUCH ARE XP WORTH?
100XP = 25p
400XP = £1
800XP = £2

Here’s a link to the achievements available.
http://www.gamestation.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=21424&cm_sp=GSElite-_-Topnav-_-Accolades

I had a look at this and got to say i find the xp conversion they have done not all that great. but i suppose every little helps to saving money :)

I gave it a look and it seems to be a massive point-missing waste of time to me.

Maybe if they want to save people money they could not price themselves out of competition with the internet.

Oh hey Katzii.

The card is free.

I cant complain, I use it with CEX price match and combined with using Playswap to get higher value games havent had to pay out of my own pocket for new game for over a year now.

Thanks for the info Viper. Not going to make me rich but every penny counts so I'll be sure to pick one up tomorrow. Cheers

Suppose it sounds ok, though I'm not sure if it's more likely to get me into my local Gamestation seeing as it's staffed by wankers. ;)

Might as well pick one up, though I use my GAME card a lot more. Also, I never trade in games, so it's a bit less useful for me.

1843424575c11851hb2o277468332.jpg

Not the most ORIGINAL idea they've used....

bread's done
Back