GameStop 1/25/10 trade promos

meds

CAGiversary!
$30 extra trade credit on systems traded in toward purchase of another new system. systems which qualify for the trade in are psp(except go)dsi/dslite/360/wii/ps3
the typical extra 3/$10, 4/$25, BUT 7/$50!!! minimum of $5tiv for the games to qualify

Edit: the GS TIV thread is currently here in the first few posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
very much doubt the 7 / 50 would work on ds or psp games.. if so i got around 50 games to dump :)

if it is reall the min is probally 5 buck vaule

its on 360/wii/ps3

edit it's real, i couldn't believe it either! and don't ask for pics ain't gonna happen

wow....i was thinking about selling my entire xbox library...but maybe I will trade it all in, and than try to sell this credit or keep it for the next system that comes out.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Is it the usual "game must have a TIV of more than $2"...?[/QUOTE]

my source did not indicate that but i think that it is a pretty safe assumption.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Is it the usual "game must have a TIV of more than $2"...?[/QUOTE]

Most likely, and they'll most likely bump up the minimum TiV requirement.

if this is true?
if this is real?
i hope this is real?

geeze guys this is the internetz, if it's posted it must be real!!

seriously though, i'm sure someone will post a pic soon!

[quote name='denos-games']Wont state source or show picture seems kinda fishy anybody else think so too?[/QUOTE]

what reason do i have to lie? oh I want to be mr. macho on the boards cause that gets you somewhere in life. don't believe me if you don't want to i'm posting for YOUR benefit not mine.

[quote name='meds']what reason do i have to lie? oh I want to be mr. macho on the boards cause that gets you somewhere in life. don't believe me if you don't want to i'm posting for YOUR benefit not mine.[/QUOTE]

:applause: For not backing down. :applause:

I hope the 7/$50 is true. Gotta build up credit for the inevitable B2G1F coming god knows when. :D

[quote name='meds']what reason do i have to lie? oh I want to be mr. macho on the boards cause that gets you somewhere in life. don't believe me if you don't want to i'm posting for YOUR benefit not mine.[/QUOTE]

just curious why you wont show proof is all. Take it as you want. not calling you a lier just asking why you wont show url that has it or picture

I have a very close friend who works at GS. I stopped by to see him today and he showed me their marketing guide. I work for a GS competitor and as everyone who works retail knows your not allowed to post about your company online. I always post about GS though and he posts about my stores! He'd probably let me take a pic of it but it's just not worth it for either of us to risk getting in trouble. I'm just giving the heads up to try and help everyone. You will see that it is true in a couple days.

I will check with my GS tomorrow. I know the manager really well. So I will confirm tomorrow. Plus I need to pick up Luigi's Mansion anyways :)

7/$50?

Ugh, I already have $425 in Gamestop credit, but I can't pass this up. Time to scrounge!

On a related note, I have a feeling a lot of those Sudoku games people are getting for free from Best Buy are going to be used in this.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']7/$50?

On a related note, I have a feeling a lot of those Sudoku games people are getting for free from Best Buy are going to be used in this.[/QUOTE]

PS3, Wii and 360 if the OP is correct... Not DS... Anyone that held on past the 30% bump that ends today is not so smart...

[quote name='RedGamer']I have no clue how I would even get 7 games that I'd want to trade in.

I try to stay pretty dry when it comes to liquid games.[/QUOTE]

Well said - same here!

[quote name='RedGamer']I have no clue how I would even get 7 games that I'd want to trade in.

I try to stay pretty dry when it comes to liquid games.[/QUOTE]

I had a ton before the FTF/Target 1600 point card/trade 4 get $20 perfect storm... Now - not so much. I guess I could get rid of those damn Guitar Hero games I'll never play... But then what would I do with the 5 guitars I have????

If Target was at the end of a clearance cycle, it could have paid off nicely, but my Targets are still bone dry for 360/PS3/Wii...

GH2, 3 and aerosmith won't be counted. They're under $2. If it's 7/$50.... that'd be awesome. I hope A) This is real and B) It's for $2.01 and up. It won't be for DS/PSP games.

[quote name='meds']$30 extra trade credit on systems traded in toward purchase of another system
the typical extra 3/$10, 4/$20, BUT 7/$50!!![/QUOTE]

Right now (through 01/24/09) they are giving you $20 extra trade credit for hardware (xbox 360, etc). I was going to do this tomorrow. Just to confirm, you are saying that starting on 01/25, I can get $30 extra?

[quote name='deejayfiggy']Right now (through 01/24/09) they are giving you $20 extra trade credit for hardware (xbox 360, etc). I was going to do this tomorrow. Just to confirm, you are saying that starting on 01/25, I can get $30 extra?[/QUOTE]

Yes if your purchasing another system.

[quote name='kart007k']Which systems qualify for $30.00, is it PSP.[/QUOTE]

I want to say it was 360/ps3/wii/dsi/dslite/psp/psp go. I am not certain on the psp's though.

Bah, i was gonna try to catch the 19.99 deal then return the games for the credit, but i might wait for this......if this deal turns out to be true, i would be so pissed (Especially when i have 7 games i can trade easily)

[quote name='dgwillia006']Bah, i was gonna try to catch the 19.99 deal then return the games for the credit, but i might wait for this......if this deal turns out to be true, i would be so pissed (Especially when i have 7 games i can trade easily)[/QUOTE]

Bah, i was gonna try to catch the 19.99 deal then return the games for the credit, but i might wait for this......WHEN this deal turns out to be true, i would be so pissed (Especially when i have 7 games i can trade easily)

I fixed it for you

Guys this guy IS pretty credible. I remember a couple posts of his in the GS thread and he was 100% correct. Just cause he is new to the site doesnt mean you shouldnt trust him.

BTW ty for the info OP. Excellent job.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']Guys this guy IS pretty credible. I remember a couple posts of his in the GS thread and he was 100% correct. Just cause he is new to the site doesnt mean you shouldnt trust him.

BTW ty for the info OP. Excellent job.[/QUOTE]

TY for the vote of confidence! And for what it's worth I'm not new it's just a new user name. I won't bore you with the details but ty again for believing in me!

[quote name='meds']TY for the vote of confidence! And for what it's worth I'm not new it's just a new user name. I won't bore you with the details but ty again for believing in me![/QUOTE]

No problem man. All your trying to do is help the CAG community so how could people hate on you.

this still doesn't make up for the horrendous trade in value... 7 / 50$.. thats only 7$ extra for one title

$7 extra is nice if the game is trading for $2 regularly.

I bet the minimum value goes up to $4 or something. And a LOT of $17.99 titles get dropped to below $4 TIV before this goes into effect. Gamestop can pretty much exclude whatever it wants that way.

[quote name='kart007k']Which systems qualify for $30.00, is it PSP.[/QUOTE]

They're trying to get rid of all their old handhelds, the DS lite and PSP 3000 are not part of trade in deals anymore, just DSi and PSP Go

is it $50 on top of the TIV and EDGE?

so if I trade in 7 games of let's say $20 TIV each I get $140 and an extra $50 correct?

[quote name='xCappax']is it $50 on top of the TIV and EDGE?

so if I trade in 7 games of let's say $20 TIV each I get $140 and an extra $50 correct?[/QUOTE]
damn you must have some pretty new games if they're trading for 20 each. but yes that's how it would work, but add an extra 10% of 140 for EDGE.

so it would be 140 + 14 (10% EDGE) + 50 (trade in promo) = 204

bread's done
Back