GameStop 1/25/10 trade promos

meds

CAGiversary!
$30 extra trade credit on systems traded in toward purchase of another new system. systems which qualify for the trade in are psp(except go)dsi/dslite/360/wii/ps3
the typical extra 3/$10, 4/$25, BUT 7/$50!!! minimum of $5tiv for the games to qualify

Edit: the GS TIV thread is currently here in the first few posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm this could be an interesting promo just need to find out what the minimum tiv value accepted. I just went over 400 credit today so if I can build up some more that'll be fine.

Just a reminder to people: try not to put too much credit on one card. There have been reports of GS employees being less than scrupulous when they see large amounts in credit. Just be careful.

[quote name='au7oma7ic']wow....i was thinking about selling my entire xbox library...but maybe I will trade it all in, and than try to sell this credit or keep it for the next system that comes out.[/QUOTE]
Where the hell do you plan on trading your entire xbox library to? Gamestop? I don't think so. They don't take Xbox games anymore. Unless you mean Xbox 360.

[quote name='poker360']this still doesn't make up for the horrendous trade in value... 7 / 50$.. thats only 7$ extra for one title[/QUOTE]
SHEEEEEEEEET! I'll take it!

Here's hoping GS takes my copy of Guitar Hero: Van Halen. Anyone tried trading this game in? The thing it's it says "Not for resale" on the disc :(

[quote name='chelosera91']Here's hoping GS takes my copy of Guitar Hero: Van Halen. Anyone tried trading this game in? The thing it's it says "Not for resale" on the disc :([/QUOTE]

GS takes not for resale items all the time. Zelda Collectors Edition and Zelda Master Quest are some of the more common ones you would see in store.

Very good deal. I have a bunch to trade in. Now, do i spend it on Bioshock 2 or Heavy Rain??? hmmmmm

[quote name='chelosera91']Here's hoping GS takes my copy of Guitar Hero: Van Halen. Anyone tried trading this game in? The thing it's it says "Not for resale" on the disc :([/QUOTE]
Should've sold GHVH when it came out. It easily sold for $35 on eBay, at least. ;)

[quote name='poker360']this still doesn't make up for the horrendous trade in value... 7 / 50$.. thats only 7$ extra for one title[/QUOTE]

It does when you got a box of HWV 4.99 games! Hope this true ... if so, glad I held out for this.

Wow according to my calculations, returning the 19.99 game thing, edge card, trading in my psp games as well and the 7 games....im getting 204.72 in store credit :D

I'm guessing it'll end on Thursday since most of their promos do. Won't be able to trade in 7 games I don't want since I'm at school :whistle2:(

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll definitely keep an eye on this. I bet I can find 7 semi-stinkers and make this worthwhile. Ooh, plus I have a $25 GC from them. What to get, what to get...

Sorry guys but i'm a total noob when it comes to anything related to Gamestop. Haven't stepped in one for quite some actually. Just wanted to know how this works exactly. From what i've read..If you trade in ANY 7 PS3, 360, WII games with a trade value of around $2 or higher you get the trade value of the games you traded in PLUS another $50 in credit? Do you need an edge card in order to get this trade-in credit and if so how much is an edge card? Sorry for the stupid questions guys:whistle2:#

You don't need an Edge card but if you have one, you get an extra 10% on the original game values (not a bonus to the $50).

If you get it through the store, Edge cards cost fifteen bucks and come with a year of Game Informer. There was and maybe still is a way to get just the card online for like $2 but I don't remember how.

The games will probably have to be over $2 to qualify, just $2 won't cut it.

[quote name='Halo05']You don't need an Edge card but if you have one, you get an extra 10% on the original game values (not a bonus to the $50).

If you get it through the store, Edge cards cost fifteen bucks and come with a year of Game Informer. There was and maybe still is a way to get just the card online for like $2 but I don't remember how.

The games will probably have to be over $2 to qualify, just $2 won't cut it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick response!

Edit: and another question sorry! Do they take multiples of a game or is it YMMV? I'm not looking to trade in like seven copies of a single game, its just that I have 2 copies of Assasin's creed that im looking to get rid of.

Last time around it excluded $2 and under games.

Meaning $2 wouldn't apply.

$2.25 would be fine.

If this is true, I'll be kicking myself, traded in a couple games a few days ago for the +30% =\

[quote name='randu'] Do they take multiples of a game or is it YMMV?[/QUOTE]

Be sure to check the OP as this is in there, yes it is YMMV. There's other very helpful stuff there you should look over too, like policy on sealed games.

Edit: Crap, forgot what thread I'm in, not in the OP at all, but it is in the GS trading thread.

Trade 7 get $50 equals 7.14 bonus for each, plus edge.

At 23.80 base value both deals end up getting you $33.32.

Any higher than 23.80 base value and the 30%+10% edge bonus is a better deal. Any less, and the trade 7, get $50 deal with edge is better.

So, for probably 95% of their TIVs, this is better.

Why couldnt this have happened during the free FTFs at Best Buy.

:(

I don't even know where I'd get 7 cheap games to trade in to profit on. Could check out Blockbuster and Target I guess.

7/ 50.00 plus is confirmed. I stopped by a couple stores this evening to drop off my copies of the sudoku game and the manager at one of the stores said that the sale starting monday according to his binder was 7 plus 50.00. He showed me the marketing binder and it was lumped in with the other 4/20 etc games, so

People keep speculating that they will raise the minimun trade from $2 but thats not likely because the same parameters will likely be for all levels of the deal. In other words, the 3/10 deal or 7/50 deal will have the same minimum trade restrictions which is more likely to be the current $2 based on recent history

edit: thanks for confirming blitz, and thanks OP! ITS ON! time to start planning...

[quote name='blitzbllmstr']7/ 50.00 plus is confirmed. I stopped by a couple stores this evening to drop off my copies of the sudoku game and the manager at one of the stores said that the sale starting monday according to his binder was 7 plus 50.00. He showed me the marketing binder and it was lumped in with the other 4/20 etc games, so[/QUOTE]

Do you know when it ends?

[quote name='meds']what reason do i have to lie? oh I want to be mr. macho on the boards cause that gets you somewhere in life. don't believe me if you don't want to i'm posting for YOUR benefit not mine.[/QUOTE]

its not really that. people have posted faulty info in the past before, so sometimes people just ask for some proof, or at least who they found out from. its not like people are asking for a name and full address of your source, lol. when i post gamestop deals, normally i give reference of my source, like managers in my area that i confirm the deal with, i dont name stores or anything, but normally i go out to check several stores just to make sure. its not really people dont appreciate the help, but people just dont like being given false hope, not that this is what it is.

anyways, if this is true, awesome deal. hopefully handhelds arent excluded, or hulk smash!

Bummer, I traded in my games last week, have none to trade in now. :( Oh well, win some, you lose some. I did manage to score a $242 PS3 250GB slim at Target though, so I can't complain. :D

damnit i hate decisions like this, should I sit on this and hold onto my collection that is collecting dust and will never play, or trade it all in?

lol at TIV of prey....

2 quaters. I understand the game is old, but really...a quarter X 2! haha.

You couldn't even buy a mcdouble with that TIV...AFTER edge

Meh, i think im gonna catch in the tail end of the 30% deal, with the stuff im gonna end up trading, its only gonna end up being 10ish dollars more if i wait for this deal, but i'd have to trade in like 2 more games.

(I hate the fact GS slashed the prices on so many older games @_@, half of the games i was planning to trade are probally under that "No deal" price that wouldnt count for this offer)

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Finding games with a TiV of over $2... Can be tricky...[/QUOTE]

You're right! I have an xbox 360 collection of about 170 different titles and sooooo many of them are under $2 TIV now. I've had them sitting on my shelves collecting dust too long.

This info is probably useless because it's probably outdated. Saints Row for the 360 had a $2.25 TIV as of 1/4. I can't remember if it dropped in price since 1/4. This might make good filler if you need 1 more game. I won't say anymore than that because the TIV probably dropped.

goddammit. Even terminator salvation is under $2. They fucking sell it for $17.99 for christs sake. I should have traded it in when I had the chance, but I only recently had a chance to finish that god awful piece of crap.

I've been trading stacks in so I can restack with games I haven't played. So if I trade 10 games, I'm walkin out with at least 7 titles. I'll rebuy the other ones when the price drops. Now I can't trade my stacks anymore the TIV's dropped so much.

I still haven't checked out most HWVs in my area, maybe it's time to go hunt.

Some options I'm considering: - TIV - last dated TIV

:360:

Crappy or old games near $2 worth dumping if they held:

History Channel Battle for the Pacific - $4.00 - 12/13
MLB 2K9 - 2.75 - 12/28
Nascar 08 - $2.50 - 12/06
Supreme Commander - 3.25 - 12/19
Transformers - $2.50 - 01/05
Universe at War - $2.25 - 11/16

No way they are still this much games:

America's Army - 8.00 - 07/28
Conflict Denied Ops - 7.25 - 09/16
LOTR BFME II - 8.00 - 07/24
Phantasy Star Universe - 5.50 - 10/20
Stormrise - 7.75 - 09/14
Warhammer Battle March - 5.25 - 10/30

Suprisingly ok values:

Dead Rising - 5.00 - 01/15
Overlord - 5.50 - 01/19
Simpsons Game - 7.00 - 01/16
Wheelman - 6.50 - 01/10

OP just ignore the retards.

Thanks for the heads up!

Too bad I don't have any extra games to trade.

P.S. People, don't destroy your game collection library for some measly credit.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']You're right! I have an xbox 360 collection of about 170 different titles and sooooo many of them are under $2 TIV now. I've had them sitting on my shelves collecting dust too long.[/QUOTE]

Yup that happens...I am constantly culling my collection. You can always buy new stuff back later for cheaper.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']

No way they are still this much games:

Conflict Denied Ops - 7.25 - 09/16
[/QUOTE]

Haha I actually was looking that up when I was seeing if I even had 7 games and I was like.......

[quote name='xfade']I still haven't checked out most HWVs in my area, maybe it's time to go hunt.[/QUOTE]

Why are people mentioning htting up HWVs? Is the sale back on?

[quote name='david12795']lol hmm 7 for $50? where's hollywood video when you need them?[/QUOTE]

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking when I saw the 7/$50 bonus deal.

:cry::cry: Why did the HWV gravy train have to end? I should've picked up as many of the $5 games as I could've just before the sale ended, since the new B1G1 there supposedly doesn't work on current gen stuff.:roll:

bread's done
Back