GameStop 1/25/10 trade promos

meds

CAGiversary!
$30 extra trade credit on systems traded in toward purchase of another new system. systems which qualify for the trade in are psp(except go)dsi/dslite/360/wii/ps3
the typical extra 3/$10, 4/$25, BUT 7/$50!!! minimum of $5tiv for the games to qualify

Edit: the GS TIV thread is currently here in the first few posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I listen to music and watch movies for the sake of listening to/watching them. I don't need to hear every extra blabbering in the background of a scene in a movie or every subtle nuance of the music.

But if that's your thing, then so be it. I'll stick to my SDtv and $10 headphones since I'm about having more stuff for my money rather than spending it all on fewer items.[/QUOTE]

If they had the X41 headset available online or in store I'd buy it. They have the X31's online right now, but I read some bad reviews about those. Right now I have $624 in GS credit and $204 in BBV credit, and a $50 giftcard from Best Buy, so I'm not being as stingy or thrifty as I normally am. There's no goddamn way in hell I'd pay $200 cash or even $100 cash on headphones though.

[quote name='flagg1216']if you ever used a pair you'd understand how great they are. you can enjoy your more stuff and he can enjoy his headset. no need to constantly rip on the guy.[/QUOTE]

How was I 'ripping' on him? I wasn't. I said if that's his thing(to buy $200 headphones), then so be it, but I'd much rather have enough for nearly 4 new release games for the price of that one set of headphones.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']If they had the X41 headset available online or in store I'd buy it. They have the X31's online right now, but I read some bad reviews about those. Right now I have $624 in GS credit and $204 in BBV credit, and a $50 giftcard from Best Buy, so I'm not being as stingy or thrifty as I normally am. There's no goddamn way in hell I'd pay $200 cash or even $100 cash on headphones though.[/QUOTE]

Whether it's $200 in cash or $200 in credit, I'd still rather more stuff than "better" stuff. Isn't that the point of life? He who has the most shit at the time they kick the bucket wins, right?:D

I'm glad we have this info out now, before the old promo is canned.

I have a stack of about 10 or 11 games I was waiting to trade in... most of them shitty because I bought them cheap just to fluff up my collection. Most get $2 - $4.75 according to the CAG trade-in thread... but only one goes over $5.

Sadly, they are worth the same amount wherever I dump them, so at least now I can take advantage of the 30% promo before it ends.

Thanks to the everyone who brought us info!

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']If they had the X41 headset available online or in store I'd buy it. They have the X31's online right now, but I read some bad reviews about those. Right now I have $624 in GS credit and $204 in BBV credit, and a $50 giftcard from Best Buy, so I'm not being as stingy or thrifty as I normally am. There's no goddamn way in hell I'd pay $200 cash or even $100 cash on headphones though.[/QUOTE]

I was in the same boat. We upgraded TVs and I went from an LCD to a plasma and my X4 did not work with the plasma. We keep waiting for GS to get some X41 instock but they did not. I really wanted to use my store credit.

Long story short, my wife bought the X41 from Amazon for an early Valentines present. I don't think the X41 are worth the $179 we paid but I couldn't not accept the present.

I have all but stopped buying video games on clearance at Target and other places. I find that I am completely happy playing COD MW2 and don't want to play any other games, even games I already have in my collection unopened.

Sadly, this leaves me out of this promotion.

[quote name='denos-games']theres a trade-in value list here on CAG but I reccomend just calling and asking it will be accurate if you call some of the games on the CAG trade-in list are outdated.[/QUOTE]

There's a retailer button towards the top of the page. Go to gamestop on that and then you should be able to search a game through that.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']What's your job?[/QUOTE]

I am a financial analyst in Philadelphia. I have a graduate degree in finance and an undergad degreee in Accounting.

Kevin

[quote name='voidedx']I'm in the same boat. Even if I was making double, I would still not pay MSRP. I'm a cheap ass everything. My friends from high school hate how much I make and tried to make fun of me for being such a tight wad. I never thought they were successful about making a joke. If I retire much earlier than them, I'll be the one laughing. Cheap asses unite![/QUOTE]

Yep, same here... I don't understand why many people believe that just because you earn more, you ignore deals...

Might have to trade in my DS lite for a DSi now. How much TiV is a DS lite going for these days at GS anyways?

Minimum $5 is going to kill this deal for me for the most part. Might be able to round up 7 games but I am not going to trade in as much stuff now.

i'm debating whether i should list my 7 on goozex (along with the rest of my collection that i'm willing to dump (nothing too impressive).

batman arkham asylum
ikargua
bioshock
orange box
gta IV
left 4 dead
gears of war 2

was a little bummed to see how low street fighter iv nabs, but if someone would be nice enough to bestow some advice, that'd be great. :)

[quote name='meds']its on 360/wii/ps3

edit it's real, i couldn't believe it either! and don't ask for pics ain't gonna happen[/QUOTE]

Can I have pics? I mean... I don't actually WANT pics... and I had no intention of asking...

...but since you wanna be a DICK about it...

Are they still doing the 360 Elite + $50 gift card deal? I asked an employee yesterday and he earnestly answered, "I have no idea".

[quote name='Game_Dude_3']Are they still doing the 360 Elite + $50 gift card deal? I asked an employee yesterday and he earnestly answered, "I have no idea".[/QUOTE]
Don't ask just try it. The clerks are clueless. Had one tell me today is the 25th .:applause:

On second thought, this sale might have come just in time for me.

I've just about had it with my 360's horrible failure rates, and I got quite a few titles that qualify for the extra $50... I'd make enough to have myself covered on the PS3 / Wii front almost all year in terms of new day 1 purchases.

For the game trade-ins, do DS games qualify as well? I have Sudoku Ball Detective which should still be $6+.

[quote name='animalspinners']I've just about had it with my 360's horrible failure rates, and I got quite a few titles that qualify for the extra $50.[/QUOTE]

Do you have an older chipset? Did you consider upgrading to a Jasper?
I had a Xenon that just started to fail. I bought a Jasper off of Amazon and traded in Xenon at Gamestop for $100 (their extra $20 console credit ends today). Since I got the Jasper on sale for $175, my net cost was $75. As a bonus, I got new controller, kept the component cables, have an HDMI port and have a robust system. (Also kept the HD BTW.) Totally worth it for me because I like to have three 360's working through out the house.

Tomorrow, they have a $30 bonus if you trade in a console and buy another console. I think it would look suspicious if you got an Arcade this way unless your system does not have an HDMI port and you say you are doing it just for that or get an Elite and do it for the color.

[quote name='voidedx']
Do you have an older chipset? Did you consider upgrading to a Jasper?
I had a Xenon that just started to fail. I bought a Jasper off of Amazon and traded in Xenon at Gamestop for $100 (their extra $20 console credit ends today). Since I got the Jasper on sale for $175, my net cost was $75. As a bonus, I got new controller, kept the component cables, have an HDMI port and have a robust system. (Also kept the HD BTW.) Totally worth it for me because I like to have three 360's working through out the house.

Tomorrow, they have a $30 bonus if you trade in a console and buy another console. I think it would look suspicious if you got an Arcade this way unless your system does not have an HDMI port and you say you are doing it just for that or get an Elite and do it for the color.[/QUOTE]

Mine was either a Falcon or a Jasper, and to be honest I shouldn't have to go through the hassle of trading in systems over and over to get one that works. My PS3 is a launch day unit, still going strong, and this will be the 4th 360 in about 3 years for me (all with different builds).

Nothing I can't get on PC / PS3 that I wouldn't play anyways - I think the straw that breaks the camels back is that instead of actually fixing my system, MS time and time again just sends me back a different console that is usually in poor shape.

The 360 is an awesome system, but unfortunately the problems are just too much for me to ignore anymore. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

[quote name='freeorelse']Don't ask just try it. The clerks are clueless. Had one tell me today is the 25th .:applause:[/QUOTE]

I just might. I'll sell my Wii towards a 360, get $110 off with that then score a $50 gift card. Sounds like a deal.

Anyone know what the TIV is for a PSP 1000?

Edit: Got off my ass and called, $35 in store credit. So.. $65 with the promo. That's a tough call.....

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rainless']Can I have pics? I mean... I don't actually WANT pics... and I had no intention of asking...

...but since you wanna be a DICK about it...[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry I'm a dick by giving you a week's notice on the next trade promos.

[quote name='Game_Dude_3']Are they still doing the 360 Elite + $50 gift card deal? I asked an employee yesterday and he earnestly answered, "I have no idea".[/QUOTE]

No it ended a couple days ago.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Something I'm wondering...do you need a game with a $5 minimum TIV or it has to be a game OVER a $5 TIV ($5.25 and up)?[/QUOTE]

$5 minimum means $5 or more

[quote name='voidedx']For the game trade-ins, do DS games qualify as well? I have Sudoku Ball Detective which should still be $6+.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing. Couldn't find an answer in this thread.

[quote name='flagg1216']

$5 minimum means $5 or more[/QUOTE]

actually i wish that was the case. in the last 3/10, 4/20 deal i had a copy of call of duty 2 with a TIV of $2. they said games had to have a TIV of more than $2, so it didn't qualify by a penny. i'm sure this means $5.01 or more also.

[quote name='frpilot']actually i wish that was the case. in the last 3/10, 4/20 deal i had a copy of call of duty 2 with a TIV of $2. they said games had to have a TIV of more than $2, so it didn't qualify by a penny. i'm sure this means $5.01 or more also.[/QUOTE]

that should not have been the case, sorry man

[quote name='animalspinners']Mine was either a Falcon or a Jasper, and to be honest I shouldn't have to go through the hassle of trading in systems over and over to get one that works. My PS3 is a launch day unit, still going strong, and this will be the 4th 360 in about 3 years for me (all with different builds).

Nothing I can't get on PC / PS3 that I wouldn't play anyways - I think the straw that breaks the camels back is that instead of actually fixing my system, MS time and time again just sends me back a different console that is usually in poor shape.

The 360 is an awesome system, but unfortunately the problems are just too much for me to ignore anymore. Thanks for the suggestions, though.[/QUOTE]

Question... Doesn't the system have to be new that you are buying?

I just checked the TIV's of some games I still have that I might consider dumping for the 7/$50 extra and wouldn't you know it I have maybe 5 that qualify(LBP, Red Faction, GOW Collection, possibly Sacred 2 for PS3 and GTA IV). But I still play GTA regularly and I figure I can sell GOWC for $30 shipped on here, which leaves me needing like 4 titles or so.

Decisions, decisions. I'm gonna skim this thread n see if I can find the list someone made up of some games that may be bought pretty cheap n see if I can find a few qualifying ones.

Just going from prior trade deals, I'd say that the TIV has to be $5.01, since in the prior trade deals it was above $2 for the minimum.

But after having just looked up the TIV's for some of my games I'm no longer playing on Spun.com, I think I'm going to trade them there, since they get about what I'd get from GS after 7/$50 promo and EDGE and I can get cash value for them there.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I just checked the TIV's of some games I still have that I might consider dumping for the 7/$50 extra and wouldn't you know it I have maybe 5 that qualify(LBP, Red Faction, GOW Collection, possibly Sacred 2 for PS3 and GTA IV). But I still play GTA regularly and I figure I can sell GOWC for $30 shipped on here, which leaves me needing like 4 titles or so.

Decisions, decisions. I'm gonna skim this thread n see if I can find the list someone made up of some games that may be bought pretty cheap n see if I can find a few qualifying ones.[/QUOTE]

You might have to go a little lower because people can buy the GOWC for $30 shipped from amazon now.

[quote name='shibbyshoo']Is the hardware bonus YMMV? I called a couple of gamestops and they had no idea what I was taking about.[/QUOTE]

it is not ymmv. the employees may be slackers and not know about it but the computer does.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
But after having just looked up the TIV's for some of my games I'm no longer playing on Spun.com, I think I'm going to trade them there, since they get about what I'd get from GS after 7/$50 promo and EDGE and I can get cash value for them there.[/QUOTE]

I'm skeptical of Spun.com, I might be the only one but I had a couple of new games come with my PS3 bundle that I sent to Spun.com and they quoted me something like $25 for them, and then when I sent them in they gave me $5 saying it was not in perfect condition. Mind you these were games I took out of the case once to play on a brand new PS3. Worse yet, they offered me no alternative to reject their offer of $5. When I finally got through to customer service they said that I had to buy something for them to send me my game back, so they could include it in the shipment. They wouldn't even allow me to pay for shipping the game back. I'll never touch Spun.com again.

Sorry for the off-topic, but when I saw that I figured it was worth passing along.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']You might have to go a little lower because people can buy the GOWC for $30 shipped from amazon now.[/QUOTE]

I'll take it to GS before I drop the price.:razz:

And thanks for the heads up, Converse. I've heard all sorts of crap about them before, but I wasn't 100% sure.

[quote name='l rumble l']what is the trade in value on a 360?[/QUOTE]

$70 for a core with wired controller, $80 with a wireless controller. They also give $10 (I think) for a 20GB HDD.

think i may trade in the old 360 for an arcade. mine doesnt even have an hdmi on it. Runs well but i'd like to hook up the 360 on hdmi so i can get my wii on component cables. plus i'd be getting back on the warranty cycle

[quote name='earvcunanan']Oh, I thought they also had the 4 for 20 going on as well?[/QUOTE]

see the original post below

[quote name='meds']$30 extra trade credit on systems traded in toward purchase of another new system. systems which qualify for the trade in are psp(except go)dsi/dslite/360/wii/ps3
the typical extra 3/$10, 4/$25, BUT 7/$50!!! minimum of $5tiv for the games to qualify

Edit: the GS TIV thread is currently here in the first few posts.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bg2001']I was wondering the same thing. Couldn't find an answer in this thread.[/QUOTE]

Nope, only Wii/PS3?360

I was bummed myself....

Just came back from Gamestop, disappointed that they wouldn't take my DS Lite. They said that the extra $30 trade-in credit is for PS3, 360, PSP, and DSi.

I guess I'll hold off until the DSi XL come out, hoping that there will be a trade-in special for the the DS Lite.

[quote name='shibbyshoo']Is the hardware bonus YMMV? I called a couple of gamestops and they had no idea what I was taking about.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they're not aware that they work at Gamestop.

bread's done
Back